• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunting

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Would you say that taunting is a bad habit?
It technically serves no purpse (Unless you're Luigi) and wastes time that you could use to get a better spot on the stage, charge attacks, etc... It also sometimes leads to deaths.

Opinions?

kaak

Smash Journeyman
snake's box is full of **** :O and some taunts are ammazing (diddy) but taunting is just for fun, so indeed there are better things... i think....

bobson

Smash Lord
Taunt next to the ledge when your opponent SDs and then laugh when they chase you off the ledge in anger and SD again.

*sagenod*

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
But really, does taunting annoy people?
I get annoyed by being taunted after I self-destruct, but I don't go out in a blind rage and attack teh otehr player (Instead I unplug their controller XD).

Holty

Smash Apprentice
My friend gets annoyed when an MK taunts against him lol. In his words: "It's ******* cheeky. They're already broken, it doesn't need to be rubbed in anymore".

I tend to lol :)

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
I do so they get angry and it makes them lost focus a little bit more.

Overall though if I am using someone like Rob I never taunt.

highfive

Smash Lord
I don't taunt unless I truly know it's a friendly and no hard feelings come about. My taunts aren't to put someone down so it's all good. If it's a tourney match I think taunting just shows how much of a **** you are.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I don't see the problem in taunting.

While I don't do it much as Mario, I do it a lot as Link (Down taunt is epic) and somewhat with Ike (Down-taunt: "Wind flapping on my coat cape!"). If you get pissed at taunting then I'd just use it as a tactical advantage.

But on a serious note, it's just a fun perk, no harm in it (unless it's WiFi).

bassem6

Smash Lord
I have seen matches where a character has used their taunt as a frametrap. I remember one clip I saw somewhere, a marth player used his up taunt and his opponent was on the ledge. The opponent ledgehopped back on stage and charged at the marth only to get dolphin slashed in the face and lose the match...it was great xD

dcubed

Smash Rookie
I think the purpose for taunts is just for something to do while the player is flying off into the distance. As for the use, I think short annoying taunts can make people really mad. Look at ness and his OK! or sonic and his you're too slow! That gets super annoying. I will never use a taunt in a tournament unless the player does it first. Doesn't help that snake's taunt takes forever!

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
mmmm.....no it's not a bad habit. I do it all the time.

My taunts after killing someone w/ ROB:
-Running back and forth Pivot Grabbing multiple times.
-multiple jumps into Gyro cancels
-T-baggin'

My taunts after killing someone w/ Snake:
-Dash Shielding.
-T-baggin'

My taunts after killing someone w/ Marth:
-Reversal-b my Sheild Breaker multiple timez.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
if you play wolf then you HAVE to taunt at least once when they SD "whats the matter, scared?"
plus snarling/howling at your opponent is too good

DUB

Smash Lord
The only time I taunt is if someone is doing something gay on purpose and I kill them. Otherwise, I never taunt.

Plasma54

Smash Rookie
On Wi-fi, when I "taunt" it is usually to show that they used an impressive kill on me >.> Otherwise, I don't taunt much online.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
is it like a code of honor that in most of the random online matches you get into everyone starts off by taunting? XD cause that seems to happen a lot

is it like a code of honor that in most of the random online matches you get into everyone starts off by taunting? XD cause that seems to happen a lot
Yes, it's a message to never use Basic Brawl.

It's a mixture of taunt parties, pros, laggy Wi-Fi people, hackers, and the worst of them all...the ones who leave the moment the match starts causing your Wii to freeze up. Fantastic.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
uhm, basic brawl isn't that bad, it lets you play random noobs and destroy them until they rage quit, or you sometimes get someone who's really good and you get to have fun, no name, no strings attached battles

uhm, basic brawl isn't that bad, it lets you play random noobs and destroy them until they rage quit, or you sometimes get someone who's really good and you get to have fun, no name, no strings attached battles
Remember that you're going up against 4 players. Yes, the destroying noobs part is fun, but it's no fun when the entire match is lagging its butt off. Even when you are fighting an pro, it could end at anytime with a person's Wi-Fi acting up. Or if a jerk comes in and causes you to return to the main menu of Brawl. And THAT, is no fun :|.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I never actually gave my input. I taunt after most kills if I'm comfortable enough to remember to.

~Lady Luck~

Smash Cadet
Washington (no, there's no shiny vampires here)
There are people out there that simply get irritated on certain levels. There are those who need to get taunted about 3 times in a row, then there's those who get irritated simply because you ran away to avoid close combat. In Basic Brawl, since they're never fair matches anyway, I just avoid everyone and wait for their damage to get high. Taunt. Those high damage people seem to forget how easily they can get KO'd and go straight for you. It's funny how often that works. In actual matches offline, I only taunt as another form of baiting the opponent closer.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well in Brawl+ the taunts I use are
Charizard's Side Taunt
Ness's Down Taunt
Ness's Up Taunt (Spammed)
Game and Watch's Down Taunt (Spammed)
Jigglypuff Side Taunt

I've always wondered if Jiggly's Down Taunt is actually useful for anything...

Top Bottom