• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Haha. I was playing as white metaknight and a red metaknight partier came in and the Pit crasher got stuck between our jabs until he Shuttle Looped for the kill. Repeated multiple times during matches with Dsmash too. XD

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Nothing new for me in the world of Taunt Parties ._.

I've had funs parties, but never once with hacks. Oh, and everytime I
find other Ness' to party with, I get disconnected or I'm forced to go AFK and when I come back i'm getting clobbered by random people. *hates Brawl Wifi*

On the bright side... most partyists I've seen don't choose Temple anymore :D

Derressh

Smash Cadet
On the bright side... most partyists I've seen don't choose Temple anymore :D
^^^ This.

Though I'll occasionally get a party that will NEVER leave one stage, no matter how many different stages I pick. :c

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
^^^ This.

Though I'll occasionally get a party that will NEVER leave one stage, no matter how many different stages I pick. :c
I always pick new pork city, you can totally notice the other characters going "Sigh, not this place again. :mad:" :chuckle:

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Epic. Not too long ago I found a hacker partyist. Yeah, we only got to go to the Wifi Waiting Room, Target Smash, and a Custom Stage (it was mine and made up of mostly moving platforms, so I could see why we were disconnected), but it was fun seeing him. The last hacker I met wasn't a partyist and only went to that stage where you test controls... over 6-7 months ago. I don't wanna take a chance with hacking, but I'm surprised how few hackers I've seen. :/

Is this always the case? Or has the amount of hackers dropped?

Wait, as I was writing this message, I found another hacker xD

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Why did you have to make guide for this
I didn't have to make a guide for this. I chose to make a guide for this because there are alot of taunters who don't really know the ropes very well and this helps them out. If you don't like taunt parties then that's perfectly fine, but you don't have to go around calling them dumb like in a certain other thread.

arch knight

Smash Lord
not if they just sit there and spam Dsmash and bombs course even then alot of TL mains are horrible at that. Theyre doin it wrong.

<-- has taught alot of Taunt parties and crashers how to do it right.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Just picked up Lucas a few weeks ago. :D If you see a normal colored Lucas that is a partier and likes to practice magnet pull it's probably me.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I wish Brawl would let you add people to your friends list via With Anyone.

I wanted to add the normal Sonic I partied with. I was Green Sonic, we also had a Yellow Sonic join in. Plenty of Taunt Dittos.

I know it isn't gonna happen, but if you were in that party, PM me xD

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
not really a taunt party thing but I'm actually in the middle of a basic brawl where we suddenly ended up on the Home Run Contest stage, lol. We all spawned in the same location and none of us could get KO'd, it just lets you go on and on. Then we went to sudden death, and now, we're all somehow stuck UNDER the stage, like the camera won't pan that far down, but we're in a continual free-fall state and just "falling" continuously cause you can see the green grass in the background of the little off-screen circle animation. There's bob-ombs dropping constantly but in the same place over and over, and there seems to be no end in sight of this glitch, I guess we just have to disconnect, but we're going on 30 minutes of this and I don't want to be the one to disconnect first, lol

o.O

Wolfcario

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I've had a hacker take us to the stadium before. MikeKirby is right. The only way to end the match is to disconnect. The stage has no blast zones so the match could gone on forever. But it is really fun with MK to fly way under the stage and pop up through the middle of the platform.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Mike you gotta music hack! I'll give you +10 respect if you do! :D

Wolfcario

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I thought this would be the best place to ask about this... God, how to explain what happened...
My mom was playing basic brawl the other day. I guess it was a taunt party with one crasher or something, but apparently there was some uber hacking. While they were playing this weird thingy would suddenly appear and go "WEEEE" and little hearts appeared and two people would switch characters with eachother. Another thing that would happen is that the hacker would make everyone but himself a certain character. Like one time there were all ZSS even though my mom clearly picked Peach...
I was just kinda wondering...
WTF JUST HAPPENED?

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I thought this would be the best place to ask about this... God, how to explain what happened...
My mom was playing basic brawl the other day. I guess it was a taunt party with one crasher or something, but apparently there was some uber hacking. While they were playing this weird thingy would suddenly appear and go "WEEEE" and little hearts appeared and two people would switch characters with eachother. Another thing that would happen is that the hacker would make everyone but himself a certain character. Like one time there were all ZSS even though my mom clearly picked Peach...
I was just kinda wondering...
WTF JUST HAPPENED?
The thing was Manaphy.

I wish my host char modifier would work, but it seems to conflict with the button activated music code. I can only be Gigabowser/WM if I'm not the host.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Wow, your mom plays Brawl? I wish my parents didn't dislike videogames so much.

The only hacked games I've been in was the wifi waiting room and homerun stage >.>

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I love Manaphy! My mom played melee and brawl a few times. She would always be peach. (why do moms always choose her anyway!?)

I was in a hack game with a Giga Bowser and in a wifi waiting room.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Really? My brother made my whole family play a couple times and my mom would always pick Jigglypuff. She'd just do stuff on the computer while mashing the wii remote lol.

Wolfcario

Smash Apprentice
The thing was Manaphy.

I wish my host char modifier would work, but it seems to conflict with the button activated music code. I can only be Gigabowser/WM if I'm not the host.
Wait you've seen it before? I actually didn't see it my mom described it to me. If I would of been watching I would've noticed Manaphy.
But wow it sounded like some major hacking. Also, I once saw a group with a hacker who would be Giga Bowser and just slaughter all the other players. And ya know what? They stayed and tried to fight him. :urg: I hate hackers. Well, besides stage hackers, they're ok I guess.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
1-2 weeks ago, I was in a taunt party with 4 white kirby's, all of us committing suicides. Was anyone one person in that one? Just curious.

Smash Rookie
I'm finding a lot more ******** taunters lately. I was in a taunt party where I was Marth, and there was a Sheik, Link and a Peach player. The Sheik player was one of those taunters that likes to attack anyone who has the smashball. While I had the smashball, Sheik started attacking me so I used critical hit on her. Then the Link player starts attacking me even though I didn't even really do anything. *sigh* It's kind of rare to find a good party now....

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I'm finding a lot more ******** taunters lately. I was in a taunt party where I was Marth, and there was a Sheik, Link and a Peach player. The Sheik player was one of those taunters that likes to attack anyone who has the smashball. While I had the smashball, Sheik started attacking me so I used critical hit on her. Then the Link player starts attacking me even though I didn't even really do anything. *sigh* It's kind of rare to find a good party now....
I've seen people like that Sheik a lot before, basically they just pretend to be a taunter until they get the Smash Ball, then they kill everyone with it. The Link was just an idiot who probably didn't pay attention to the Sheik but noticed when you used your Final Smash on her. Your best bet would have been to just get rid of the FS without hitting anyone, that way the Sheik would stop attacking you (and if she didn't, the Link most likely would have sided with you).

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
lol yesterday a hacker made me Popo and another player Nana. And then the changed us to wario man and Giga bowsers. Then a Wario man somehow froze my wii...

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to subject yourself to that e-drama. Fight = problem solved, and if anyone take it personally then sucks to be them.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Yeah, i've seen this happen, but not to me. It's rare if something like this happens to me. The taunters I play with can tell who's the bad guy. =P

One thing I don't like is when people just kill people then leave, y'know like on SUDDEN DEATH. I really don't trust anyone.

Meta_Ridley46

Smash Cadet
Yeah, i've seen this happen, but not to me. It's rare if something like this happens to me. The taunters I play with can tell who's the bad guy. =P

One thing I don't like is when people just kill people then leave, y'know like on SUDDEN DEATH. I really don't trust anyone.
That's why you never trust strangers. :reverse: But honestly, that happens to me alot. That's why i NEVER let my guard down, especially during sudden death.

Anyway, i remember when i first met a taunt party. It was when i first ever went on Wi-Fi on brawl. These two guys were being CF, and kept spamming "Show me ya moves!", and i was like WTH??? Then i started attacking them and they owned me big time... Ever since, i NEVER mess with taunt parties, although i prefer fighting. :smash:

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
That's why you never trust strangers. :reverse: But honestly, that happens to me alot. That's why i NEVER let my guard down, especially during sudden death.

Anyway, i remember when i first met a taunt party. It was when i first ever went on Wi-Fi on brawl. These two guys were being CF, and kept spamming "Show me ya moves!", and i was like WTH??? Then i started attacking them and they owned me big time... Ever since, i NEVER mess with taunt parties, although i prefer fighting. :smash:
Lol yeah, sometimes the people who like so easy to beat are exactly VERY good. But that doesn't bother me since i'm good too lol.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
No offense or anything, but if you're being mistakenly attacked as a crasher AFTER a 4-man party has been established, you're seriously doing something wrong. Like, super badly.

If it does happen, though, you have to get the match back from 3v1 to 4 way. You have to remember that, if you're mistaken for a crasher, you'll have to act differently from what a crasher would do. First off, you'll have to avoid all conflict in this scenario. Keep your fingers on the control stick, control pad, and the L or R and X or Y buttons until this entire mess is resolved.

From here, taunt like NUTS every time you get a considerable distance away from everyone. If there's no room to run away, just stand still and taunt like nobody's business. You'll have to take some hits and possibly KOs, obviously, but you HAVE to make it clear that you're not in the room for conflict.

- Run away.
- Do NOT fight back. EVER. If you do, then you confirm their suspicions that you're a crasher and it's pretty much over from there.
- Taunt like a madman.
- Don't be afraid to take some hits. Returning a taunt party back to its initial state is far more important than Sudden Death right now.

Rule of thumb.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
First off, you'll have to avoid all conflict in this scenario.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

ive run into rooms that were 2v1 and i just chill out and AFK on the other side of the map. Why just the other night i was chillin and a Falcon/Luigi were ganging up on a pretty good Falco/Fox player. The luigi wouldnt leave me alone on my pikachu n killed me a few times since i was lazy. All that changed once i got on DDD tho
he'd do well to not approach me if his spaced fireballs were getting pshielded, n' him grabbed out of it. He wised up real quick and stopped harassing me

But i have been in rooms where EVERYONE gang bangs me. At that point i get off DDD and get on pikachu or sonic and i run n throw items at them. The best part about a forced 3v1 situation is that a smart player will corral the group of haters together so as they try to hit me, they take damage to themselves for chasing me. Use items to scatter them, then pick them off. One should also only attack if one of your pursuers get too close, this attack obviously should be your fastest attack preferably an aerial and NOT A GRAB. Obviously you also gotta keep your damage low so dont get hit much and DONT GET GRABBED.

Ive been in situations where i got gangbanged and kept up a hit n' run strategy for so long, my pursuers start to get mad at each other for killing them/hitting them thats when the ball goes back into the free for all court.
heh heh heh

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

ive run into rooms that were 2v1 and i just chill out and AFK on the other side of the map. Why just the other night i was chillin and a Falcon/Luigi were ganging up on a pretty good Falco/Fox player. The luigi wouldnt leave me alone on my pikachu n killed me a few times since i was lazy. All that changed once i got on DDD tho
he'd do well to not approach me if his spaced fireballs were getting pshielded, n' him grabbed out of it. He wised up real quick and stopped harassing me

But i have been in rooms where EVERYONE gang bangs me. At that point i get off DDD and get on pikachu or sonic and i run n throw items at them. The best part about a forced 3v1 situation is that a smart player will corral the group of haters together so as they try to hit me, they take damage to themselves for chasing me. Use items to scatter them, then pick them off. One should also only attack if one of your pursuers get too close, this attack obviously should be your fastest attack preferably an aerial and NOT A GRAB. Obviously you also gotta keep your damage low so dont get hit much and DONT GET GRABBED.

Ive been in situations where i got gangbanged and kept up a hit n' run strategy for so long, my pursuers start to get mad at each other for killing them/hitting them thats when the ball goes back into the free for all court.
heh heh heh
That's uber annoying, then again.. I don't seek conflict unless someone hits me. :chuckle:

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
That's uber annoying, then again.. I don't seek conflict unless someone hits me. :chuckle:
You know... this makes me think of a few players I've seen (and majorly myself).
I don't like taunt parties, but I hate free-for-alls. What I usually do is stand aside and just watch to see what's going on. When there is a party crasher I always fight them and when everyone is a taunter I just ignore them. I never actually join the taunt party, so when it gets boring usually someone will decide to **** with me. I have a very short temper and do not trust any taunters unless they've been with me for at least an hour or so. Of course I'm going to fight back and beat the crap out of the taunter whether the others care or not. Compared to most people over basic brawl I'm pretty good and usually win 1vs1. But every now and then everyone will decide to gang up on me so I switch to MK and (since we're always at temple) attack everyone and be campy until I have a lot of damage. I'll kill someone then run to the platform on the bottom right and wait for some pore sucker to jump down there. Then it's simply a matter of grabbing them and doing a suicidal Uthrow with them.

Top Bottom