• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
i say its pointless because the Wii is a bad platform for a 2D fighting game, most fighting game players own a 360 or ps3....since thats what SF4 came out on....and whoever really wanted to play TvC has already played it...thats why i feel if they release the US version on the Wii alone still that it will not sell well.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
i say its pointless because the Wii is a bad platform for a 2D fighting game, most fighting game players own a 360 or ps3....since thats what SF4 came out on....and whoever really wanted to play TvC has already played it...thats why i feel if they release the US version on the Wii alone still that it will not sell well.
The arcade cabinet basically runs on Wii hardware. It'd have to be remade from the ground up for PS3 and 360. With all the legal trouble Capcom USA had to go through just to get this stateside, I doubt they will be in the mood to port it (at least anytime soon).

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Ill have a reason to play my wii again
brawl aint ****.
though the tournament scene isnt too big with this game =/

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Well how about that. Well done Capcom, well done... I had figured that this game would never see the light of day over here. Course, I've had the JPN version for so long now... Haha, guess I'll consider the english one at some point then.

Everyone who hasn't experienced this beautiful game yet, forget any complaints you may have and just wait. You'll love the **** out of this game :chuckle:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I am kind of happy they put Megaman Trigger in it, since most of us never got to play as him on Namco X Capcom. I'm just upset that they have the original Roll and not Legends Roll, but we will see what they do with her.

And if this game has no wifi, then it would be made just another crossover game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm excited for TvC coming to the US, even if I have played it several times now.
I wonder what they'll be adding to the US version.

I guess we'll find out once E3 hits.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It would be kind of strange if they added anything major to the US version, since it would cause a disbalance in the competitive scene. For example, if they added characters, and someone in America mains those characters. If he went to Japan to attent a Japanese tourney, and they only had the Japanese version, he'd be pretty screwed.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It would be kind of strange if they added anything major to the US version, since it would cause a disbalance in the competitive scene. For example, if they added characters, and someone in America mains those characters. If he went to Japan to attent a Japanese tourney, and they only had the Japanese version, he'd be pretty screwed.
Not really.
The tourneys at Japan would use arcade cabinets, not consoles.

But yeah, I doubt that they'd add new characters for the US release. They'd rather save them for the sequel.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Heh, because the first game is releasing in the U.S. and Europe, that increases the odds of the sequel (if a sequel is to be made that is) to be released these areas as well. So as far as I'm concerned they can save the new characters for TvC2 (not that I would object to new chars in this version, though :p).

Yeah, I've noticed the subtle changes such as the health Bar. They might just add new modes or something.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Some how I knew this game was going to be Wifi. That means this game will last longer than some expected to be. Great news to hear.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
The only Tatsunoko guy not shown in the trailer was Hakushon Daimao, so I guess it'll be him?

Now a better question to speculate, who are the new characters???

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Capcom confirmed at E3 that they'll be adding an online play, and 1 character will be removed due to licensing issues. But....... 5 NEW CHARACTERS :D

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=84661

Also worth noting:
-20 new minigames
-Gamecube controller option
That's, f**k my Japanese version and Hakushon Daimao can lick on my balls, I'm re-buying the american version.

also, ONLINE PLAY, YEHS!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I guess people who imported will now buy the American version. Some will be glad to have two versions and others will chalk it up to a wasted $40-$70 for Daimao.

But we're getting online play AND 5 new characters!!! Who are these new warriors? I can see the speculation now....

SPEED RACER FOR TVC!!!!!

SPEEDY CERVICHE FOR TVC!!!!

DANTE FOR TVC!!!!

It'll be just like the old Brawl days, except my character (Megaman) is already in. I wouldn't mind Speedy though. The fact that he's co-owned by Sotsu does present an obstacle but Capcom already jumped the "North American liscensing" hurdle, which many thought impossible, so I am not going to underestimate that possibility.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Sakura from SF pleeeaaseeee

Online play is an automatic sell for me, thank you capcom!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess people who imported will now buy the American version. Some will be glad to have two versions and others will chalk it up to a wasted $40-$70 for Daimao.

But we're getting online play AND 5 new characters!!! Who are these new warriors? I can see the speculation now....

SPEED RACER FOR TVC!!!!!

SPEEDY CERVICHE FOR TVC!!!!

DANTE FOR TVC!!!!

It'll be just like the old Brawl days, except my character (Megaman) is already in. I wouldn't mind Speedy though. The fact that he's co-owned by Sotsu does present an obstacle but Capcom already jumped the "North American liscensing" hurdle, which many thought impossible, so I am not going to underestimate that possibility.
Yes! US-exclusive new characters! :joyful:

While it's a shame that Daimao got removed, it'll be nice to get some new characters to the roster. I'm glad that Lightan didn't get the shaft.

Having Speedy wouldn't be out of the question, I think. Samurai Pizza Cats was a cult-classic in quite a few countries, after all. It'd be fun to have Rick Jones reprise his role. ;) Besides, there aren't too much other Tatsunoko franchises to pick from at this point (Speed Racer aside).

Also, allow me to join you on the boat of speculation...

CAPTAIN COMMANDO FOR TVC!!!

SONSON FOR TVC!!!

Well, either her or AMINGO FOR TVC!!!

That said, I'll have to wait and see.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Yes! US-exclusive new characters! :joyful:

While it's a shame that Daimao got removed, it'll be nice to get some new characters to the roster. I'm glad that Lightan didn't get the shaft.

Having Speedy wouldn't be out of the question, I think. Samurai Pizza Cats was a cult-classic in quite a few countries, after all. It'd be fun to have Rick Jones reprise his role. ;) Besides, there aren't too much other Tatsunoko franchises to pick from at this point (Speed Racer aside).

Also, allow me to join you on the boat of speculation...

CAPTAIN COMMANDO FOR TVC!!!

SONSON FOR TVC!!!

Well, either her or AMINGO FOR TVC!!!

That said, I'll have to wait and see.
See! That's what I was talking about.

But seriously, I have this feeling M.Bison, the legenday final boss of Street Fighter, is one of the new Capcom reps. I know Street Fighter has "enough reps" already, but it just seems to me it's bound to happen. Not that I'm against it though.

And because this game is coming to North America I can't imagine Speed Racer not being included, seeing as he is one of the most instantly recognizable Tatsunoko faces on this side of the ocean.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright and Dante for Capcom Rep.
Samurai Pizza Cats and Pops from Speed Racer for Tatsunoko.

Don't really care what they add for the 5th, but if this ended up being in the new roster That would be pretty awesome for me.

Something tells me, the odds are against a couple of my picks though >.>.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
I cant wait for tatsunoko vs. capcom. I just wished captain commando, jin, and strider hiryu were in it. Those are my favorite capcom characters. I cant wait to use casshern.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
this has been shot down by capcom.

they say they are still looking in to adding characters and online play but all rumors about 5 new chars + online play are simply rumors atm.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was about to post that interview, so we are getting new characters after all, and most likely all the stuff mentioned.

Here's hoping for (Good) online play though.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Now I have to buy this game over again. But at least I have good connections around the US so I can get this game when I leave for school again. ♥

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Isn't online multi-player for the Wii pretty terrible? I mean, I can't remember anymore, since I've let my little cousin burrow my Wii and I've never asked for it back again. However I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it would be to play TvC multi-player online for that.

I also heard they may or are doing tone downs in that game..if so, characters like Chun, Ryu, Karas, etc, etc are all going to receive some shanks. Which really blows, considering I played Chun/Ryu anyhow, and it's annoying, considering this is the first time in a LONG time for a VS in which Ryu was ever this good period.

Anyhow, I'm still annoyed that it's on the Wii, and has not made a PS3/360 port over, because imo, it would be more successful with those systems, not to mention I don't have to resort to having to custom-build a J-Stick just for one fg on the Wii.

Anyhow, I would like to see Dante and Phoenix Wright from Capcom as the two new Standing characters please! My goodness Capcom, you've made Dante such a badass and yet he's never been playable in any of your Cross-Overs yet, and Phoenix Wright with the "OBJECTION!" alone is more then enough merit for him...imagine that as a Super, lol.

Either that, or they could add a "default" Monster Hunter character in there, which I would love personally (Headlocking Lances ftw baby!).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Isn't online multi-player for the Wii pretty terrible?
If the games aren't Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Kart Wii, Animal Crossing City Folks, Dr. Mario Online RX, Tetris Party, and World of Goo then it's bad. The terrible one I'll say is Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
most of those games suck!
You might want to read again. Those games I mention online wise are great. And I doubt that you played most of those games if you came up with that post, or are you trying to get a post count + for saying those games suck without you playing them?

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
Ive played most of those. Animal Crossing? Really. Grow the f ck up. That game is garbage in disc form. The mario kart and strikers is cool though.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Though Animal Crossing has nearly lagless online play with voice chat, I get what your saying, over all it's not a good game. I blame it being nearly the same as Wild World with the GC touch. Since the rest of those games I mention is downloadable, I guess that doesn't count. ^_^;

Top Bottom