• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talking to yourself...

xXGenoCideXx

Smash Rookie
funny story but talking to yourself is completely normal some of the greatest minds in the world did if i had a list ide go through it... Now im not saying your the next world genius but you dont have to worry about talking to yourself just maybe try to block out a little of it to be safe

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Hmmm, bout what CK said. When walking through hallways I'm just thinking of what class im going to next or making comments about my surroundings. And I found out I just have conversations when I'm having difficulty with something, and make stupid little comments about funny **** going on around. I think this would be the least of my worry's if I had a counselor (Not that I really have any, though).

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Hmmm, bout what CK said. When walking through hallways I'm just thinking of what class im going to next or making comments about my surroundings. And I found out I just have conversations when I'm having difficulty with something, and make stupid little comments about funny **** going on around. I think this would be the least of my worry's if I had a counselor (Not that I really have any, though).
CK means that those that litterally have conversations with themselves are those that should seek help. For example:
"God, I don't know what to do..."
"Don't worry, I have an idea."
"What's that, then?"

However, this is perfectly normal:
"Where did I put that book...? Oh, there it is."

^ You're not having a conversation with yourself, you're more so 'thinking out loud' in this occasion.

Aesir

Smash Master
If I have to talk to someone important I tend to imagine the conversation in my mind and think aloud some responses I might say to them during the conversation.

Often times that comes off as me losing touch with reality.

So basically in a nut shell I try to go over every possible scenario I can think of in my head, but since I think a loud it comes off as me being crazy lol.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I don't really talk to myself, but I do ponder a lot(especially late at night when I'm lying in my bed) about conversations I might have with people. I'll think of how to say my sentences the best as possible, then I'll predict what the other person says and think of a retalliation again. Or when I'm not sure I just think of multiple answers. Also, when I have got a story to tell, I'll prepare it so that when I tell it to someone, it'll sound exciting and not dull. So probably, if I ever tell you a story, I have thought of how I would tell you that story beforehand. Just like what I'm telling right now. There have been countless nights where I've thought about how I would tell this to people. Even that last sentence about how there have been countless nights of thinking.

So yeah, this doesn't have much to do with your problem, but I just wanted to tell that I also have conversations in my head. Only I don't have them with myself, but with 'imaginary' real people I know.
I do that so much.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
CK means that those that litterally have conversations with themselves are those that should seek help. For example:
"God, I don't know what to do..."
"Don't worry, I have an idea."
"What's that, then?"

However, this is perfectly normal:
"Where did I put that book...? Oh, there it is."

^ You're not having a conversation with yourself, you're more so 'thinking out loud' in this occasion.
I seem to have mistaken my situation as well upon hearing this...

I'm more like the second example here. I still do it a LOT though. :urg:

K64

Smash Apprentice
I talk to mehself in school and at the mall. The reason: No one understands me better than me. Also, I'm by myself alot.

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
"What's wrong with talking to yourself? I do it all the time."
"Dude, he means doing it too much"
"Doing it too much? Is that possible?"
"Gee, what do you think genius?"
"Well, I was asking you."
"We're the same person dummy, if I know then you know."
"Oh you're no fun. Where's your sense of imagination?"
"Why don't you answer the man's question, you're scaring people."
"Very well then, Mr. Grumpy"

I don't see a problem with talking that much. I do it all the time. In fact, if I didn't talk to myself, I'd probably go insane.

"Too late."
"Shut up you"
"Just sayin"

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
I sometimes mutter stuff that I'm thinking that's too funny or sarcastic to keep to myself, but too mean or inappropriate to actually say out loud. I also "think out loud" quite often. The internal arguments and conversations are the most common: and unlike the others, they use complete, grammatically correct sentences. The best way to describe it... I guess the most accurate analogy is to when someone uses the ZERO system in the original Gundam Wing (I know it's a stretch for most of you, but keep with me), and it starts feeding them alot of raw information about the surroundings. Then it starts to show the user all of the potential decisions he could make and how they will turn out.

The resulting chaos in my brain feels kinda like sitting in a room with no doors or windows, with a few people having a heated philosophical debate, a bunch of guys arguing about why I should follow their advice on any given situation, some weird dude in the corner that's shouting random numbers and adjectives at the top of his lungs, Carmen Electra lounging in a corner reading textbooks out loud in my 4th Grade teacher's voice, a big fat guy complaining about how hungry he is, and a giant fighting robot that's just sitting there, being a giant fighting robot.

So, how was YOUR day, dear?

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
I talk to myself (though I usually do it in my head) but it's far different then how you do it..
Talking to yourself in your head? That's pretty much called thinking. :laugh:

I seem to have mistaken my situation as well upon hearing this...
I'm more like the second example here. I still do it a LOT though. :urg:
It's quite common, in that case. Pretty much every average person does it.

I have been since my brother passed away, I guess because I'm used to having someone to talk to:(
Woah, that's really sad. I'm sorry to hear that. :urg:

"What's wrong with talking to yourself? I do it all the time."
"Dude, he means doing it too much"
"Doing it too much? Is that possible?"
"Gee, what do you think genius?"
"Well, I was asking you."
"We're the same person dummy, if I know then you know."
"Oh you're no fun. Where's your sense of imagination?"
"Why don't you answer the man's question, you're scaring people."
"Very well then, Mr. Grumpy"
Talking to yourself out loud in that manner is when you may need to seek psychiatric advice. I do it at times, but at least I know it's only an after-effect of past experiences.

I'm all out of sandwiches so I'm sad.
Well, just think of how the sandwiches feel, then! :O

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
I've got to say, that's a rather fine looking coat you're wearing there, EE.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I always talk to myself.

Not that I'm actually talking to anybody, but I merely state my opinion at the matter on hand.

And I always discuss the matter to myself like a reviewer. O_o

I don't know why, but I always have done this, and I think I always will do this.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I heard EE is only a super mod because it was deemed too unfair to name him God Mod, but we all know that's what he truly is.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
Evil Eye:
don't even try
to make him cry
he beats the **** out of bears, no lie.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Also super mod gives me an excuse to wear my blue and red spandex with the yellow diamond on the chest and the big S.

Top Bottom