• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia Mafia | Game Over - Town Wins Yayuhzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Settle down now, sheep. Also, I'm feeling rather like OS at the moment: Did anyone notice that QTs are not listed anywhere nor in Gheb's past games and Swiss mentions them?

I'm DTH.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Settle down now, sheep. Also, I'm feeling rather like OS at the moment: Did anyone notice that QTs are not listed anywhere nor in Gheb's past games and Swiss mentions them?

I'm DTH.
Mature.

QT's are used in every friggin game here. Never seen one where they AREN'T used. I've been in what, 4 games here and skim read another. ALL had QT's. Every game I've been in on mafiascum has also used QT's.

DTH?

Chaco

Never Logs In
That's funny, I've played here longer than you and only encountered a handful of QTs. I knew you'd they are the norm, but thing is, they aren't. Only Xiivi mainly uses QTs. Also, look at the URL, this isnt MS.

Down to hammah.

Swiss

Smash Lord
And even if they AREN'T in the game, what's wrong with me fishing for him using a QT.

Statistically pro town if he is in a QT, and if he isn't - it's just a wasted post.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous you are.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The more you post, the more I think you're scum. Keep going, you're on a roll.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Nice empty posting there. Plenty of words - but no case.

You "Think I'm scum the more I post"

You "Aren't nice to scum, and not nice to me"

etc etc

Post some reasons.

Also why haven't you even tried to refute my points? Ridiculous.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Point:

My QT post was unambiguously pro town. You get worried that I assume QT's exist.

You're posting 'fluff' (w/e the term is) - no substance or thinking

You are down to hammer. This is beyond ridiculous. Wanna lynch barely 24 hours into D1? WHY? You have explicitly stated you want me lynched. EXPLAIN WHY this is a pro town move (even if I were to flip scum). EXPLAIN WHY I am scum.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It was not pro-town in the slightest. Why would I worry about QTs existing, and does it even matter if they do? Your post seemed like inside info, and you were already being stupid. So yeah, no real loss for town here.

I'll lynch 24 hours into a game if necessary, I've pinged Riddle as scum off his first post before. You also have bad meta to overreact as scum, which you're doing now.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I have no town meta. I've been town in one game here, where I actually didn't over react at all.

So my meta is that I overreact a lot. Which I do - doesn't make my points any less valid.

How was my QT fishing not pro town at all?

If he were scum: might catch scum (VERY pro town)

If he were mason/other pro town QT: might catch mason (Not very pro town)

If he had no QT: No response (Neutral).

Catching a scum outweighs the loss of catching a townie thinking they are scum. Plus scum are CERTAIN to be in the game, masons etc ARE NOT.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Which is why your knowledge of a QT in this game means you are scum. GG, sir.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ok, I didn't think a joking reasoning like that would draw so much attention. The way I was reading a lot of the vote posts for swiss was "lol vote swiss." Whoops.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Swiss's QT logic is.....

*puts on sunglasses*

FULL OF HO--

*takes off sunglasses*

Wait, wait--Has this been done? This has totally been done hasn't it? I mean there's no way nobody else ever--yeah, that's what I thought. I'm sorry guys. I'm so sorry.

Still voting for the guy who is overreacting and insists it's okay because he always overreacts.

Also, I'm going to post a flavor summary unless someone posts a good reason not to. I'll give like 24 hours or so.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Swiss said:
How was my QT fishing not pro town at all?

If he were scum: might catch scum (VERY pro town)

If he were mason/other pro town QT: might catch mason (Not very pro town)

If he had no QT: No response (Neutral).
You arent going to catch any scum or anyone else. Nobody is going to claim a QT.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'd like to see how the whole swiss thing pans out..

But I think in the meanwhile lets try and acheive something today..

Swiss's QT logic is.....

*puts on sunglasses*

FULL OF HO--

*takes off sunglasses*

Wait, wait--Has this been done? This has totally been done hasn't it? I mean there's no way nobody else ever--yeah, that's what I thought. I'm sorry guys. I'm so sorry.

Still voting for the guy who is overreacting and insists it's okay because he always overreacts.

Also, I'm going to post a flavor summary unless someone posts a good reason not to. I'll give like 24 hours or so.
Why are you padding out your posts with crap?

Vote: UTDZac. His "reason" for jumping on Swiss reads like:

"Ooooh, a wagon! Me want on. But I gotta think of an excuse first..... oh! This will do! *posts*"

Agree or no, Marsh?
much as I agree with what you are saying

@Vult: Why only asking Marsh?

@Chaco: Why did you not call Vult out for doing this, but you did call out swiss for having his nose up marshies arse or w/e

@All: I would love to see everyone's views on this too.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Swiss pretty much just ****ed up and now he's trying to cover his tracks. I'm still not sure how much some of his posts count as scumtells (such as "get my partners to NK you), but I'd rather have him lynched than deal with the WIFOM.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
But don't hammer yet (not sure how many votes he's at, I'll have to check). Willing to vote/hammer but let's let the rest of the day go on, I'd rather not have a 24 hour lynch lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
He was asking Marshy a question, not buddying him. Like Swiss was attempting.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Chaco: I was talking about that fact that he ONLY asked Marshy, almost as if he's searching for approval?

Ok, I didn't think a joking reasoning like that would draw so much attention. The way I was reading a lot of the vote posts for swiss was "lol vote swiss." Whoops.
so do you have a real reason lol? this hasn't explained at all

Chaco

Never Logs In
Would it be the same if he were asking somebody else that, X1? There's intent in posts, I don't see it in what you've linked.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Okay, so this game really hasn't progressed as much as the post count would suggest. Well, at least that makes it easier to catch up.

Okay, first things first. DO NOT LYNCH SWISS OVER WHAT HE SAID. Jeez, that would would be one of the dumbest things to do at this point. I mean, I've seen some pretty lame reasons to lynch someone Day 1 but that would just take the cake. Especially this early in the Day.

He was joking, that should be mad obvious. People in SWF mafia seriously need to stop lynching people who are just trying to be humorous.

Now, I would point out some things that I've noticed scummy about him. One, he's being a bit too humorous. It is scummy to just constantly act silly like in the RVS stage. Now, I do believe Swiss said earlier that he did that to get reads. This is believable. . . to an extent. I can see a town Swiss trying to set up gambits and traps, but at the same time gambits and traps (especially stuff like "your QT working alright?") are usually pretty fallible, so you have to ask what's the point of it. Also, a little bit of meta data: In Newbie Mafia 6 he, as scum, actually early on, in a joking manner, said that he was the Godfather. He. . . really was. So I can see both a town Swiss who was trying to get reads through deliberately acting silly, or a scum Swiss who was trying to set up a WIFOM early on but got unexpected heavy flank for it, so he had to make up an excuses for it, a possibility.

Since meta, especially only a small amount of meta, like that can be quite unreliable, I more inclined to think of Swiss as a null read at the moment. I don't want to just say that he's town, either, as he could very well be scum that was, by a fluke, pointed out.

Right now though I think that the people against Swiss need to be looked at a bit more. I don't like how BY put him at L_1 earlier. I don't like how willingly Chaco is to lynch Swiss so early, especially with reasons like some pretty lame meta about QTs. Fos both of them Really, I don't the idea of lynching Swiss. Pressure is fine, but this is more then just pressure, it's tunneling.

I need to look over some things some more.

Oh, and as for my thoughts on mass roleclaiming? Don't do it. I can actually see Thinkman's point on how it might be possible to sort the fake claims out, but as someone else said before, "an uncertain risk with an uncertain award makes it just makes it too uncomfortable to me", or something like that.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
Okay, so this game really hasn't progressed as much as the post count would suggest. Well, at least that makes it easier to catch up.

Okay, first things first. DO NOT LYNCH SWISS OVER WHAT HE SAID. Jeez, that would would be one of the dumbest things to do at this point. I mean, I've seen some pretty lame reasons to lynch someone Day 1 but that would just take the cake. Especially this early in the Day.

He was joking, that should be mad obvious. People in SWF mafia seriously need to stop lynching people who are just trying to be humorous.

Now, I would point out some things that I've noticed scummy about him. One, he's being a bit too humorous. It is scummy to just constantly act silly like in the RVS stage. Now, I do believe Swiss said earlier that he did that to get reads. This is believable. . . to an extent. I can see a town Swiss trying to set up gambits and traps, but at the same time gambits and traps (especially stuff like "your QT working alright?") are usually pretty fallible, so you have to ask what's the point of it. Also, a little bit of meta data: In Newbie Mafia 6 he, as scum, actually early on, in a joking manner, said that he was the Godfather. He. . . really was. So I can see both a town Swiss who was trying to get reads through deliberately acting silly, or a scum Swiss who was trying to set up a WIFOM early on but got unexpected heavy flank for it, so he had to make up an excuses for it, a possibility.
Read as: We shouldn't lynch Swiss because of his joking, but heres why Swiss' joking is scummy. Also he ignores all the other points against Swiss.

Sworddancer said:
Since meta, especially only a small amount of meta, like that can be quite unreliable, I more inclined to think of Swiss as a null read at the moment. I don't want to just say that he's town, either, as he could very well be scum that was, by a fluke, pointed out.
Wishy-washyyyy.

sworddancer said:
Right now though I think that the people against Swiss need to be looked at a bit more. I don't like how BY put him at L_1 earlier. I don't like how willingly Chaco is to lynch Swiss so early, especially with reasons like some pretty lame meta about QTs. Fos both of them Really, I don't the idea of lynching Swiss. Pressure is fine, but this is more then just pressure, it's tunneling.
Chainsaw defense.

Sworddancer said:
I need to look over some things some more.

Oh, and as for my thoughts on mass roleclaiming? Don't do it. I can actually see Thinkman's point on how it might be possible to sort the fake claims out, but as someone else said before, "an uncertain risk with an uncertain award makes it just makes it too uncomfortable to me", or something like that.
Parroting.

Vote: Sworddancer

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Read as: We shouldn't lynch Swiss because of his joking, but heres why Swiss' joking is scummy. Also he ignores all the other points against Swiss.
Two things:

1. I'm saying that you guys shouldn't lynch him because you're confusing a joke for a slip. I WAS pointing out, though, that joking is in it's own way, scummy, and was saying why.

2. What other points? I address only what I saw. Point them out to me and I'll tell you what I feel about them.

Wishy-washyyyy.
Nope, you're confusing a null read with being wishy-washy. I'm taking a solid stance, "i don't know" (yes, that's a stance).

Chainsaw defense.

. . . or just looking for scum who's trying to bandwagon?
Parroting.

Okay, what? :ohwell: The roleclaim thing was a pretty big issue, so I took a stance on it. Inevitably, someone else already took the same stance as me, so no matter what stance I took you could call it parroting!

You've just built a case against me that is complete boulderdash. Every accustion could just as easily be something that makes me look more towny as it does scummy. You accused me with things that you could probably accuse anyone have if you distort their words enough (like you have). This shows me that you're just trying to build a any case you can, and arn't worried about building an actually good case.

vote Riddle

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
lol swords, your argument against me is that I put Swiss at L-1. If you read anything at all, you would have noticed my very next post (written right after I made the L-1 post) is me unvoting since it was too early in day 1. Trying to move the attention on someone else?

I can see a Sword/Swiss scum team.

I would prefer Swiss, but it would be stupid to lynch someone this early.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'm amazed at hilt, Thinkaman and Chaco.

I never assumed there WAS a QT in my question to Thinkaman. (I actually did and still do assume there is one -for scum [Like there ALWAYS is]).

What I did was to ask Thinkaman if he HAD a QT. He's new to SWF and might not know that not every player gets one - thus if he had one he MIGHT answer yes.

I fail to see how ASKING someone if they have a QT has the prerequisite of myself HAVING one. The logic is false.

I recognise the chance of success was low; it required him to have a QT AND fall for my trap, but there was NO negative impact for town in what I did. Seriously, this is some of the most stupid play I have seen in all my games here - YOUR LOGIC IS INCORRECT. There IS NO scum slip by me.

Like I say - go meta me, there has been a QT in EVERY SWF game I've ever played, AND in my mafiascum games. This is Swiss meta FACT which itself should null a any illogical scum slip you seem to think I made.

I'm going to say this again, because half the people here seem to be beyond slow. Fishing for a QT slip on another player DOES NOT have the prerequisite of myself BEING IN a QT. Seriously, this should be OBVIOUS.

@ Swords - I joke in pretty much every game at the beginning. My ridiculous entrance got useful information, imo. I can't read your 3rd paragraph cuz of my laptop's screen. FYI.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also, this is to everyone currently voting myself or openly suspicious of me.

Explain to me WHAT I have done which is scummy.

Notes:

I have shown that the QT post is not and CANNOT be inherently scummy unless you say I was scum fishing for masons. This is the ONLY way it could be scummy.

I said I'd get my sum buddies to NK Yoshi. This is not a scum slip - this is Swiss. Go look at my other posts ffs.

No-one has et brought up anything else which could mean I was scum.

Played guys - great scum hunting.

Chaco

Never Logs In
All I see in any of those posts is AtE and name calling. This is how it goes, Swiss:

-You ask about QTs.
-NOTHING, NOWHERE, EVER was mentioned about QTs. Would it not strike you as odd that someone brings up QTs when it's listed NOWHERE. And GHEB, the mod, has NEVER used QTs.
-I attack you on it.
-Sworddancer revs up the chainsaw
-Swiss plays the dumb card laced with loads upon loads of AtE.

This play by play has been brought to you by DoS, the Dumb or Scum network. Im going to bed, if you honestly live til the time I get up I'll be surprised.

Vote: Swiss for emphasis.

Swiss

Smash Lord
All I see in any of those posts is AtE and name calling. This is how it goes, Swiss:

-You ask about QTs.
-NOTHING, NOWHERE, EVER was mentioned about QTs. Would it not strike you as odd that someone brings up QTs when it's listed NOWHERE. And GHEB, the mod, has NEVER used QTs.
You should be meta'ing ME. NOT the MOD.

It does not strike me as odd that I brought it up. Scum ALWAYS have a QT in my experience - why should I assume differently?

You now aren't disagreeing that what I did was pro town now, you are simply accusing me of scum because I brought up the TOPIC of QT's.

This is beyond ridiculous, you have to be scum. I actually can't see you being this thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom