• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
ToS: Knights of Ratatosk if yr going by the Japanese title.

DotNW is a spin-off (not a direct ToS sequel) to the first Tales of Symphonia that features a whole new cast of characters along with the original cast.

It seems Llyod is portrayed in an antagonist light. For how long he is yr enemy seems uncertain. Pure speculation, but I bet he'll join yr party sooner or later. If not in New Game Plus.

Also, Kratos isn't in the game. ;~;

He's just the narrator. Atleast, that's what they are saying.

New characters include:

Emil Castagnier
Weapon: Sword

Marta Lualdi
Weapon: Dual Spinner

Richter Abend
Weapon: Sword and Sickle

Tenebrae

Aqua

Alice
Weapon: Rapier

Decus
Weapon: Broadsword

------------

You can view the rest of the Wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Symphonia:_Knight_of_Ratatosk

Also, here are some trailers for the game:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e8ezcWvTNKQ (1st Trailer)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uG4HLHTkgiQ (2nd Trailer)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6hWF-EzCa7Q (Commercial + Promo Vid)
-----------

Game is slated for a Winter release in the US.

I'm pretty excited. Especially since Vesperia is only for 360. ;~;

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Marta looks exactly like a younger version of Tear. >_> And Richter looks like a clone of Jade and Asch together, lmfao

main character looks like a girl

<.< I wonder which characters will show up in the Colosseum. Also, I heard you control monsters in this game? Is that true?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Marta looks exactly like a younger version of Tear. >_> And Richter looks like a clone of Jade and Asch together, lmfao

<.< I wonder which characters will show up in the Colosseum. Also, I heard you control monsters in this game? Is that true?

The main character IS a girl.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings

It is indeed true. Emil can capture and use monsters to fight, apparently.

The main character IS a girl.
No it's not. o_O; Emil is a boy.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Seriously? Then its a definite boushinoun (sp?).

And Marta and Alice are really cute. :)
Just another feminine looking male main character, IMO.

Plenty of 'em now-a-days...

I'm interested in Decus. Huge swords always catch my attention for some reason - lol.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
:urg: I hope Lloyd Irving is a playable character. Because as hot as the girls are, the guys in these pictures are nothing but feminine males. Whatever happened to the typical badass hero?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
:urg: I hope Lloyd Irving is a playable character. Because as hot as the girls are, the guys in these pictures are nothing but feminine males. Whatever happened to the typical badass hero?
Me too. I see no reason as to why they wouldn't make him playable, seriously.

He'll end up explaining himself and joining their side some way or another. *nod*

I hope. ;~;

Darkurai

Smash Master
Complete agreement with Marta. Though I don't see that much of Jade in Richter. Just Asch.

Lack of Kratos is a bit disappointing, as he was a very interesting character and I think they could do more with him. Though that's not enough to stop me from buying the game.

One thing I'm interested is what they'll do with the character for Lloyd. He always had that "you'll never accomplish anything by dying" attitude that bugged me at some point. I remember seeing a fan comic where Luke was saying that if him dying could
bring back Akzeriuth
, then he'd die. Then a portal randomly appeared, Lloyd pulled him down, and told him off telling him that it wouldn't accomplish anything. But it would accomplish something;
giving back the lives of all the people that died at Akzeriuth
. And the problem I had with this was that I knew that that's exactly what Lloyd would've said. So that always bothered me, and I hope they changed him.

Also, I hope Colette doesn't randomly trip a lot anymore. It reminds me too much of a certain game. I'm not sure if you all know of it.[/humorous sarcasm]

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Also, I hope Colette doesn't randomly trip a lot anymore. It reminds me too much of a certain game. I'm not sure if you all know of it.[/humorous sarcasm]
I'm sorry, I like tripping a lot and prefer my coffee to be neither cold or hot. I also like dogs.

It'd be absolutely fantastic if Colette was "evil." I'd get to beat her face in.

WTF!

Smash Cadet
yeah like KRATOS!!!!! he WAS cool :(

Richter is cool i think hes like kratos and i think hes an angel =/

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I never could get into the Tales games... I have Symphonia, but I didn't like it. I've been meaning to give it another chance but haven't yet.

~rh

Smash Lord
I never could get into the Tales games... I have Symphonia, but I didn't like it. I've been meaning to give it another chance but haven't yet.
Wow... lol. Thats I first... I've never heard that before. Yeah, start it over from the beginning and play it a lot at a time. If you need the guide [i did, for the puzzles - they hurt my head], get that. It's a big help.

You'll enjoy it.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
yeah like KRATOS!!!!! he WAS cool :(

Richter is cool i think hes like kratos and i think hes an angel =/
Who's an Angel? Richter? o_O;

Man, I gotta borrow ToS from Shy Guy so I can play it again. I want to refresh my memory before DotNW comes out...

Gonna be like my fifth run through. I'm in the 20s for run throughs of FE9. -___-;

T-major

Smash Champion
this game is going to rock balls. one of my most looked forward to games. I loved Symphonia, and this game seems to just build on what made that game so good. can't wait!

oh, and the guys don't look like girls. thought I'd clear that up. :D

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
this game is going to rock balls. one of my most looked forward to games. I loved Symphonia, and this game seems to just build on what made that game so good. can't wait!

oh, and the guys don't look like girls. thought I'd clear that up. :D

Even I have to admit...

Emil looks pretty girly. Decus doesn't really LOOK girly, but in the trailer he seems to have very feminine habits/gestures and voice.

Darkurai

Smash Master

Even I have to admit...

Emil looks pretty girly. Decus doesn't really LOOK girly, but in the trailer he seems to have very feminine habits/gestures and voice.
He looks like he has breasts in that picture.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Also, Kratos isn't in the game. ;~;
Are you sure about this? I´m almost completely sure that I have seen a picture of the game with Kratos in it...

But anyways, I´m eagerly waiting for this. ToS was simply awesome game IMO, when I first tried it at my friend I had to buy it right away.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
I don't see how Kratos could make an appearance, considering he's floating away with Derris-Kharlan, unless they have some type of teleporting on this game...;~;

Darkurai

Smash Master
I don't see how Kratos could make an appearance, considering he's floating away with Derris-Kharlan, unless they have some type of teleporting on this game...;~;
Flashback, mini-game, the kind of narrator you actually see. There are a lot of possibilities.
And if the characters from the last game don't make reference Kratos sometimes (whether we actually see him or not), I'll be disappointed.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I've never played the other "Tales of" games before, but I'll keep an eye on this one.

However, I don't know much about the game. What, exactly, do you do?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
He looks like he has breasts in that picture.
xD!

Are you sure about this? I´m almost completely sure that I have seen a picture of the game with Kratos in it...

But anyways, I´m eagerly waiting for this. ToS was simply awesome game IMO, when I first tried it at my friend I had to buy it right away.
Yeah, he's not actually in the game. He's just the narrator (as far as I know).

Flashback, mini-game, the kind of narrator you actually see. There are a lot of possibilities.
And if the characters from the last game don't make reference Kratos sometimes (whether we actually see him or not), I'll be disappointed.
Sure he'll probably appear in a flashback, or mini-game... but I don't think he has actual presence before the ToS cast.

Also, I was reading the ToS: DotNW issue of Nintendo Power... and apparently ALL of ToS original cast will be playable save Kratos. Apparently, this includes Llyod.

Though, this obviously conflicts with most of the information I've read stating that they are unsure whether or not Llyod will be playable...

Hm, alas... I'm not sure how I feel about the whole Monster System. It's connected to the storyline somehow, in ways I don't exactly feel like explaining (or spoiling), but apparently the Wonder Chef system and Affection system are also mostly geared towards the Monsters as well.

I hope both systems apply to the cast, or else I'mma be pist. :"|

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I've never played the other "Tales of" games before, but I'll keep an eye on this one.

However, I don't know much about the game. What, exactly, do you do?
It's a regular RPG game. Really, the only thing that set it apart from other RPGs was real-time battles (I swear, we get one of those a decade), and the story line was pretty cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_symphonia

Read more there.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
It's a regular RPG game. Really, the only thing that set it apart from other RPGs was real-time battles (I swear, we get one of those a decade), and the story line was pretty cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_symphonia

Read more there.
How is it "regular"? The Wonder Chef and Affection system set it apart from most RPGs. As do the anime cutscenes, great character development, and amazing soundtrack.

You probably meant no harm, but ToS is far from "regular". ;"P

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Wow... lol. Thats I first... I've never heard that before. Yeah, start it over from the beginning and play it a lot at a time. If you need the guide [i did, for the puzzles - they hurt my head], get that. It's a big help.

You'll enjoy it.
Oh come on! The puzzles are really good! Take these away and you have an RPG Hack&Slash style...Guides=Evil
:D

Top Bottom