• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Why not lower the knock back on rising falcon then? Or give it a lower hitstun whenever you hit someone with it.

And I was hoping to short hop into rising falcon. It would have been so fun and would annoy other players.

And the jump shouldn't make Lloyd invincible. It's too good that way.

Also, for beast, why just not make it aerial enabled. (Because it shouldn't be) Like DK's and Peach's Down Specials are ground only. (Personally, I think most tales characters that will have Brawl (hacked) versions have D-Special as ground only)

Edit: Here's an example of using Rising Falcon in the air:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vsanmJqCQ8
See, no jump or weird movement before the dive?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
On lowering knockback: I would suggest that the aerial version have little knockback and pass through opponents rather than force them to follow it like the grounded version to lessen its offstage double KO potential.

On shorthop: I didn't say to destroy the ability, only weaken it a bit to be fair(ish).

On Beast: because the ending of Hunting Beast fits perfectly and it would be unfun to simply drop a move like that.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
On Beast: because the ending of Hunting Beast fits perfectly and it would be unfun to simply drop a move like that.
Well, characters with a ground-only down special have some other things unique to them, like Peach is the only one who can float, and DK is the only one who can move/jump any held character and can throw them while he's in the air.

So changing Beast to "ground-only", we can give him something unique like... extensions to his neutral special into Double Demon Fang then Demonic Chaos and his down special into Hunting Beast.

Edit: During the dive of Rising Falcon, is Lloyd going to be able to ledge grab while diving?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There's a function called Allow Interrupt Specific and you can change the value to ledge grabs. I have it in the code, but it doesn't work yet.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
You could Rising Falcon followed by Tempest to cross large amounts of distance while keeping yourself covered. It'd be a fun move similar to Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasm, with Rising Falcon as a stronger, slower alternative.

It'd be good for varying your recovery, as well, and it'd combo nicely out of your new Utilt.

Besides, I thought it fit with the general theme. After all, we have Hunting Beast/Raging Beast proposed as extensions for downB.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm just going to say "I told you so!". Not to you in particular, just the internet in general.
After the "Bla-" from Tiger Blade had been proven not to work, I had my suspicions that it could be done with a Tiger Blade extension and requested that combination over and over but they all told me it would never work and they never even tried it.

Anyway, with that out the way, good work Royal. It's not 100% perfect but it's not far off.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty damn close.

Is there any other voices that ToS2 had that could be edited through the ToS1 voice? Rising Phoenix maybe?

GD, do you know if anyone has Lloyd's Tiger Rage animation from DotNW? If so, could you get them to send it to me? It would be alot easier for making the BAir. (Since the BAir is rooted from Tiger Rage)

Edit: And Demonic Tiger Blade was a better choice than normal Tiger Blade for this.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sadly, I don't think we ever found Tiger Rage. It's that or we didn't import it and thanyou has it on him.

You could try to edit together Rising Phoenix if you want.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm close to a near good Rising Phoenix. It needs some adjusting.

And, uh... Is there anything new? PSA/gfx wise?

Oh, and does anyone want to take in-game pics of my CSP poses? They all must be the same size. They are both in the file i uploaded at the bottom of page 108 and at the top of 109. Please let me know (with proof) that there are some issues or if it's not properly facing the screen.

Much Thanks in advance.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Haven't done anything PSA-wise. I've been pretty tired all day. I'm going to get on it more tomorrow.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
And before, everyone was all "NO! WE WON'T USE HIS SCL QUOTES!!!11oneoneeleven" about the whole thing.

And I was about to suggest the same thing ryuu seika did: If you really hate that voice actor that much, you could just use the SCL "Falcon's Crest" with the ToS1 "I'll show you!" and probably get something workable.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure he said that it would be weird... Meaning that he doesn't like the newer VA for Lloyd.

Plus, I think the "You're going down!" line sounds freaking awesome. I would actually abuse Final Smashes just to hear that line. (If it will be included.)

Zephron

Smash Ace
And before, everyone was all "NO! WE WON'T USE HIS SCL QUOTES!!!11oneoneeleven" about the whole thing.

And I was about to suggest the same thing ryuu seika did: If you really hate that voice actor that much, you could just use the SCL "Falcon's Crest" with the ToS1 "I'll show you!" and probably get something workable.

Well, I still don't want the SCL quotes, that's for sure.

I still think the difference between the two is dreadfully obvious, and it won't be work able at all. If we really hate the name "Divine Justice", we could just use Lloyd's "I'll show you!", and then just call the move Falcon's Crest without Lloyd saying the same at all. It'll be easier, and it won't look like two different people are inside of Lloyd.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
its the lines he says themselves. That were trying to remake with the ToS1 voices.
You heard my make of "Blazing Tempest"? That's what were talking about.

Think about ToS1 Lloyd saying "You're going down!", wouldn't that be awesome? Plus, I'm trying to make "Falcon's Crest" as well so he won't be shouting "Divine... JUSTICE!" whenever he activates Falcon's Crest. (It's really dumb how they did that. Though "Falcon's Crest" is a weird name.)

Edit: Lloyd has a line where he says "Eat This", but it's kinda quick though...
We could have him say this:
"Eat This" > "Haaaaa!" > "I'll show you!"
But even that'll be weird...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
It was the voice files they didn't want to use. They were always perfectly willing to use anything voiced by Scott Menville but didn't believe that making him say the SCL quote would be possible.

I'm pretty sure he said that it would be weird... Meaning that he doesn't like the newer VA for Lloyd.
No, I meant that "I'll show you, Falcon's Crest" wouldn't really work that well as a quote, no matter who voiced it.

Plus, I think the "You're going down!" line sounds freaking awesome. I would actually abuse Final Smashes just to hear that line. (If it will be included.)
I don't think I'd take things to that extreme but it is a good quote and the whole "I'll show you" thing is a bit old nowadays.

Plus, I'm trying to make "Falcon's Crest" as well so he won't be shouting "Divine... JUSTICE!" whenever he activates Falcon's Crest. (It's really dumb how they did that. Though "Falcon's Crest" is a weird name.)
It makes sense to me as it's only possible near the end of the game when most of the bosses are cruxis' high ups. It only really seems weird and hypocritical when taken out of that context.

"Eat This" > "Haaaaa!" > "I'll show you!"
But even that'll be weird...
We could still keep the "Eat this" for the activation and the "Haaaaa!" for the the bit on the ground before going into the "You're going down!" for the aerial charging section and the "Falcon's Crest!" for the final hit. That doesn't exactly lessen your workload though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Beacock's talking voice for Lloyd was fine. I dreaded all of the battle quotes though. I felt those were terribly done. For that matter, we'd be limiting ourselves by using Lloyd's ToS2 voice because we'd very likely lack some fundamental clips.

GuyGardiosX

Smash Rookie
I've started ripping/recording the game dialogue from ToS1 (just the main cast in particular) so if you know of any points in the game with dialogue you'd like to have i can get it for you.

here's a .zip with everything i recorded so far (only from the the beginning to entering the first temple, sadly i couldn't rip all the dialogue in the classroom because of the background music playing...well i can but the bgm would kinda ruin it)
ToS_Dialogue (there's about 45 voice clips; Lloyd, Colette, Genis, Raine, and Kratos):
http://www.box.net/shared/o4xer3yg1a

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
I'm approaching an okay "Your going down!" line.

Falcon's Crest is almost done. I have "Falcon's" and "rest". I need a "Cr" sound and I can't use Cross Thrust because both Lloyd and Kratos/Zelos are in the same file. Can anyone help me find something to use instead? (Specifically a battle quotes)

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
I really hope a P:M version is made as well. I highly doubt I will ever play another version of Brawl again, and I've been very excited about Lloyd. Just seeing what all goes into P:M, though, it sounds like some of the P:M developers would need to help to get some things working right in regards to the physics, landing detection, etc. once all of that is complete for the project. I hope some of them are willing and able to do so.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I'm approaching an okay "Your going down!" line.

Falcon's Crest is almost done. I have "Falcon's" and "rest". I need a "Cr" sound and I can't use Cross Thrust because both Lloyd and Kratos/Zelos are in the same file. Can anyone help me find something to use instead? (Specifically a battle quotes)

Check that zip file with all the dialogue. Maybe you can rip out a "Cr" from something they say there.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I really hope a P:M version is made as well. I highly doubt I will ever play another version of Brawl again, and I've been very excited about Lloyd. Just seeing what all goes into P:M, though, it sounds like some of the P:M developers would need to help to get some things working right in regards to the physics, landing detection, etc. once all of that is complete for the project. I hope some of them are willing and able to do so.
I have interest in it after polishing Lloyd, yeah. I'd just have to contact shanus or somebody about it because there are indeed a large number of factors that have to be fixed.

Well... If a P:M version does take place, it would mostly just change the physics.

Also, I can get back to animating. So GD, is there anything that needs work?
Some important movement animations, I guess? Like Turn, RunTurn, RunTurnBrake, etc.
I haven't been able to work on this recently. I had to take a summer class so I got busy again...

GuyGardiosX

Smash Rookie
I've been through his entire battle voice collection and found nothing of use but if he ever shouts Kratos' name, that might suffice.
I can think of a couple scenes where Lloyd says Kratos, i'll go and record those and post em up when i've gotten em.

EDIT:
found a good "Kratos" for you Royal_Blade, i think this will do nicely.
Kratos.mp3
i'll go get some more of the other ones tommorow (if you still need me to)

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to add something about Rising Falcon and Tempest.

For Rising Falcon, I think Lloyd should keep the "Flash EX Skill" for RF. There are three other characters that have that effect - Yoshi during his (its?) second jump, and DeDeDe and Ike during the first half of their Up B attacks. However....I do think there should be a damage limit. For example, the Kratos PSA hack has a limited Concentrate, where Kratos can handle moves that deal less than 20% before being interrupted. Why not add a damage limit of 16% or greater to Rising Falcon?

As for Tempest, I think it should be replaced by Tiger Blade, and the forward tilt can be Lightning Thrust, with little knockback but an Electric hitbox extension. I also agree with making Tempest Up B, but with extensions. However, if that's done then you don't really need the SFX for Psi and Omega; if those two artes are made into extensions of Tempest, Lloyd wouldn't be able to properly say their names in time. Adding an angle to Tempest's hitboxes should work as well. If you can add the move disable animation (where a character flashes gray after a B move) this should remove the chances of Tempest being spammable.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and speaking of Lightning Thrust.....I forgot to mention: the Kratos PSA hack allows Kratos to use a multitude of spells, including Lightning. You might be able to extract the GFX for Lightning and add it to the Sonic Thrust animations to make Lightning Thrust; As for the damage, the thrust can do about 4% to 5%, with the lightning itself doing 3% to 5%. That with the low knockback should lessen the chances of it being spammable as well.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
No. On several levels. First, Tiger Blade makes no sense as Utilt. While there is a precedent with a small degree of similarity set by Samus and Captain Falcon, they are not sword characters, which makes it entirely different. The hitbox is almost entirely forward; even if you manage to nick an enemy above you with the upwards part of Tiger Blade, the second will miss, and Lloyd will be punished. Every other character with a sword has something much more canon, like the other ideas being thrown around.

As for Lightning Thrust, you may notice that ToS1 Lloyd, off whom this hack is being based whenever there is an option available, does not have that move. It's not a generic slash, either. Your recommendation is to take a tech that Lloyd does not have and put it on his tilt over one that he does. Also, it really makes no sense to have so little variation between his tilt and his smash.

This came out a bit harsher than I meant it to. Sorry about that.

Top Bottom