• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Actually, there IS a Menville-voiced version of Falcon's Crest; it's used in Symphonia, and the wording he uses is something like "I'll show you! Divine Justice!" Note that the text at the top still displays the name "Falcon's Crest" for the move. I honestly believed that "Divine Justice" for Lloyd's Mystic Arte in Dawn of the New World was a localization error until I checked Aselia the other day and saw that they have different names in Japan as well.
The Dawn Arte is a separate Arte as Falcon's Crest requires the Material Blades. The name "Divine Justice" is not so much an error as a lack of caring from the localisation team. It makes no sense outside of the original Symphonia (where he's fighting angels).
I knew full well about that quote but as I've said time and again, it only works in context as Lloyd does not use the word "justice" outside of that rebuttal of Yggdrasill's. This is possibly the reason why SCL changed it. There is no Scott Menville "Falcon's Crest".

Ah, you've been quite out of the loop!
Clearly, though I don't actively keep informed on these things unless they're definitely coming to europe.

Because Soul Calibur Legends shouldn't and in fact doesn't exist.
SCL Lloyd was good. Yes, the rest of the game sucked but they actually did Lloyd well.
I'd like to see him return in a real Soul Calibur game at some point.

Oh and who else here hates "God of War" for not being the right "Kratos" in SCBD?

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
When I heard "Kratos", I was one of the foolish people who thought it was Aurion, not the God of War...

I was so sad.

Zephron

Smash Ace
When I checked this page today for updates, I was foolish to think it had some.

I was so sad.

(So... what happened to making that one Lloyd guy? Didn't we try to revitalize this?)

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
The USmash isn't done yet and the DSmash is incomplete. Those still need fixing.

Btw, for a final smash, is it planned whether to do an actual attack or a transformation?

Cause I was thinking making the Transformation being Overlimit. Symphonia Style. (Black Aura)
You could then change some moves into elemental variants like:
-Rising Falcon > Rising Phoenix
-Sonic Thrust > Lightning Thrust
-Tiger Blade > Lightning Tiger
-Psi Tempest > Blazing Tempest (You can make him say "Take This!")
-Demon Fang > Double Demon Fang
-Sword Rain > Sword Rain Alpha
-Beast > Raging Beast
and you can activate Falcon's Crest or Divine Justice by hitting someone with Raging Beast (Would provide NO knockback, so it can be chained into the mystic arte) Overlimit will end if a mystic arte is used.
Overlimit would last 13 seconds. Lloyd has super armor during overlimit.

How does that sound?

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
There would be too many fire-elemental artes then. And also not all of them become elemental.

Also you could have Sonic Thrust > Hurricane Thrust instead of Lightning Thrust. but still yeah, it would be hard.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, it would be better if DSmash and USmash were made/improved, and then just give Lloyd Divine Justice as his Final Smash.

I agree with ryuu seika that it would take a lot of work.....

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Well the DSmash needs a charge and the floor slam. The USmash needs an attack.

I have a few more ideas:
-Hunting Beast as a beast extension by pressing "B" or "A" while the lion head is just releasing. Which he would flip then slam his sword on the ground doing damage around him.

-Could we go with unused artes if we run out of ideas? Cause Lloyd has a JP voice for Infernal Torrent (Stahn's arte) where he slashes with his sword encased in flames. We could have Lloyd slash above him with a flame encased sword. Dealing afew hits and fire damage.

There are still other possibilities for an USmash. And why not have both Divine Justice and Falcon's Crest? Not under the same file, but different ones, for people's preferences?

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
I tried that route already, but I think they want to release a Lloyd who has a moveset that's familiar to most Tales of Symphonia fans and not to just those that dig around through the files.

Colette: "Satsugeki Bukouken!"
HHHNNNGGGHHH.

Zephron

Smash Ace
The down smash isn't really done at all. It has wolf's PSA on it with a minor edit to remove damage and knockback.

We just found half of the animation for demonic circle. So... not even that is done yet. We still need the other half.

Down Smash and Up Smash are more important than the final smash atm.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
The down smash isn't really done at all. It has wolf's PSA on it with a minor edit to remove damage and knockback.

We just found half of the animation for demonic circle. So... not even that is done yet. We still need the other half.

Down Smash and Up Smash are more important than the final smash atm.
What Do you mean by "we just found half of Demonic Circle"?

And yes smashes are high priority. Those need to be done.

Oh Zephron, do you want to use my grab idea for Lloyd?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
What Do you mean by "we just found half of Demonic Circle"?

And yes smashes are high priority. Those need to be done.

Oh Zephron, do you want to use my grab idea for Lloyd?
I'm assuming he means that it's split into at least two animations, and he can't find the others.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming he means that it's split into at least two animations, and he can't find the others.
That makes sense, because Fierce Demon Fang and Demonic Circle are not in Dawn of the New World.... all of Lloyd's artes in DotNW are his Technical moves from the original Symphonia, so moves such as Hunting Beast and Fierce Demon Fang will likely need custom animations.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
That makes sense, because Fierce Demon Fang and Demonic Circle are not in Dawn of the New World.... all of Lloyd's artes in DotNW are his Technical moves from the original Symphonia, so moves such as Hunting Beast and Fierce Demon Fang will likely need custom animations.
That doesn't really have all that much to do with what I said besides the Demonic Circle bit, but okay.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I feel like there is so little to yet be done before this is considered finished.... why is there so little progress? Once you get the animations Ill be glad to do some test runs with it. Before the official release.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I dont know... I tend to get more encouraged to finish during the end, like when running the mile in gym you always sprint out that last half track... Either way from reading around there are like 3 attacks that are wrong, and a few animations, I feel this could be done in a matter of days. Also once its done its done. Like I said I could do some test runs make sure everything looks smoothly test out all the attacks, specials, look at reactions to other moves. ect.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Just change the pistol to one of his swords, seeing how it's the same thing... just not on the ground, we could probably change the bone position where it is on the ground. it'll be a piece of cake...

i just don't know how we can do the hat..

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Either way, i cannot vertex at this moment.

but maybe within the next 3 days, seeing how my step dad is coming home from Iraq. and he's got me a copy of Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011

I think that is 3ds max correct?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
no, AutoCAD is what Engineers and Drafters use to make blue prints for buildings and stuff. 3ds Max is for 3d modeling, mainly for games. though they are made by the same company, they're 2 different programs.

i only know this because i'm studying to be a Civil Engineer myself, and took a drafting class last semester that used AutoCAD.

red9rd

Smash Ace
i dont know if you guys have tried so dont jump at me if you have but have you looked at lloyds stuff from Soul Calibur Legends?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The only things that stood out there were the new Hi-Ougi quote (not usable due to voice actor changes), the english Kaenrekku (same again), the new Demonic Chaos (not particularly suited for Brawl) and "Sonic Slash" (a good dash attack IMO).

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
The only things that stood out there were the new Hi-Ougi quote (not usable due to voice actor changes), the english Kaenrekku (same again), the new Demonic Chaos (not particularly suited for Brawl) and "Sonic Slash" (a good dash attack IMO).
In SCL? I have never seen Demonic Circle in that game. How do you use it?

And Ultraxwing, change the pistol to the flamberge. Cause that's the sword Lloyd uses during Demon Fang.

Also, can Rising Falcon be fixed in the air? Or are we just using the lazy ground-in-air version?

And for an Up Smash, can we do a cross slash like Lloyd's Unison Attack? But facing upwards? Each sword will do 5-6% (uncharged) to 9-10% (fully charged). And if hit by both blades, can do from 10-12% (uncharged) to 18-20% (fully charged).

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Rising Falcon has been fixed in the air before by DS22

later today i will upload the file.

oh and yeah i'll try to do that. it'll be generally easy. and i would have to change the animation to a sorta slashing anim. i'll find something.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
In SCL? I have never seen Demonic Circle in that game. How do you use it?
No, Demonic Chaos. It's normally a triple Demon Fang but in SCL becomes a flying blue cross that ends his Demon Fang combo instead. It is performed by slashing up with the Wiimote (for Demon Fang), slashing up with the Nunchuk (for Double) and then slashing both back down.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
No, Demonic Chaos. It's normally a triple Demon Fang but in SCL becomes a flying blue cross that ends his Demon Fang combo instead. It is performed by slashing up with the Wiimote (for Demon Fang), slashing up with the Nunchuk (for Double) and then slashing both back down.
My bad, I read your post wrong. I know of that demonic chaos.

@Ultraxwing: I wouldn't mind waiting. Will you update both the Up Smash and the Rising Falcon in the same file?

And for taunts,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGxDSIgwqWg
@3:25 You can have that for Up or Down Taunt. It also has the unison attack that you can base the UpSmash animation off of. Use the pose during the shine for the charging frame.

For victories, you can use the one at the end of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG_V81ri7B4
and the one at the end of this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8QoARdRzWg&feature=related
They'll Fit very well for Victories.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Well, i have the fitwolf.pac that has his Side-B fixed, i mean if non of you do, i guess but i don't have the upsmash yet. so if somone can give me an upsmash, i can do basic PSA work (don't know much, i might be able to well you know, get an upsmash working.)

so yeah, i can wait till then.

Top Bottom