• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taking Brawl+ To the next step

NNID
Budget_Player
The way brawl+ is going, it could very well have national tournaments. It could draw a huge crowd in the states. Hell, it could have a massive tournament with the kind of attendance of the HOBO/WHOBO/Genesis tournaments. But that is as far as it gets. Brawl has a huge following internationally, in the states and elsewhere, and that's great. But Brawl+ does not have anywhere near this following. There are areas where, above all, the "tourney***s" are into it. And there are plenty in some areas. But you'll never find that in Europe.

Brawl+ is barely international. It is a struggle for a european player to install Brawl+ on their wiis. American users can simply plug and play Brawl+ with StackSmash; no modding necessary! PAL users have to use the homebrew channel. And their trouble doesn't stop there. There is not only a prepackaged NTSC version, but there is a program to install it all yourself. There is not a prepackaged version of PAL or NTSC-J. There is not a program to install it. The fact is, it is altogether far, far harder to set it up with no prior knowledge thereof if you are in europe.

People who run Brawlplus.net, I must admit-you did a **** good job of it. The site is great, the changes are well-made, the updates are nice and the videos on the front page kick ***. But it is for americans only. Merely following that is no help whatsoever if you are european. For example, it stands nowhere there that after a certain date, the PAL release was patched to be unhackable by geckoOS codes (meaning I spend a **** long time trying to do the impossible). The average person will not know what to do when presented with the PAL download page (I certainly didn't). And when problems show up with PAL games, who ya gonna call? The IRC has almost nobody who knows anything about that, PK is absent (on break?), and who else does PAL? I have had trouble after trouble for the last few months trying to install this on PAL, and it does not work, no matter what I do!

Then there's the problem with updates. So guys, when is RC5.1 coming for us poor fools playing in europe? How about 5.0? Even just the god**** stack smash or textures that work without a ton of difficulties?

Brawl+ has made some major progress. It's a great game, and has some awesome stuff. And the whole USA aspect is really well-polished. I could set up the NTSC version in under ten minutes without a hitch on my friend's console in the states. But you HAVE TO BRANCH OUT. One person working on the PAL version? Seriously, if I knew how to code, I'd work on it too! But I don't. So I wait for the crumbs thrown to me. And if it keeps going this way, there will not be a european brawl+ community. We need the same kind of support that the american guys get. And someone needs to learn how to hack here, dammit.

I'd post more, but I figure this is all there really is to say on that subject, and I need to go.

TL;DR: Support Europe more.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Brawl+ is barely international. It is a struggle for a european player to install Brawl+ on their wiis. American users can simply plug and play Brawl+ with StackSmash; no modding necessary! PAL users have to use the homebrew channel. And their trouble doesn't stop there. There is not only a prepackaged NTSC version, but there is a program to install it all yourself. There is not a prepackaged version of PAL or NTSC-J. There is not a program to install it. The fact is, it is altogether far, far harder to set it up with no prior knowledge thereof if you are in europe.
Comex made SmashStack North America only because, well, he lives in North America! When he was in the B+ IRC a month or two back, he was looking around for PAL users, I'm not sure if that was because he was testing SmashStack for other regions or if it was something else.

As for the pre-made stuff and the installer, the reason I don't do the one for PAL is because Bannerbomb can't directly load Gecko OS and the creator of Twilight Hack/Indiana Pwns don't like people including their exploits in other people's work...comex was okay with StackSmash however, at least I think.

I'd create a pack for the PAL users but there would be no legal way to do it. I didn't include Bannerbomb or the two other exploits in the installer/pre-made pack for North Americans too for a reason.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Budget Cadet Player is right though. I've always wanted to play good people. There's a vBrawl community in the Netherlands, and they're quite good i must say. like 10x better than i am. However, there's like no dog playing Brawl+, which is, in my opinion, a lot better than vBrawl. Nobody plays it, because it's way to hard to install it. NTSC users can just download a pre-packaged version and load it without the use of a Homebrew channel, thanks to illinialex24, there's no such thing for PAL.

It took me 2 months, literally, to finally get the Homebrew Channel with Brawl+ on my PAL wii. I got the 4.1 codeset, and some textures and stuff. It's fun to play, but playing against your lil brother or against the computer gets boring after a while, because there are no brawl+ players around! I feel like PAL is getting mistreated, i mean even NTSC-j has the newest nightly, yet we don't even have it. The only porter is busy with school.

Even though i say all this, brawl+ is still an amazing game, and people who worked for it definitely pwn.

Sorry but i really had to add my 2 cents on this topic.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
In the video game department, PAL usually gets mistreated. They are usually the last to recieve a game that gets released in all regions, and it happens to be months after NTSC-J/U when it happens to. Hell, sometimes they don't even get games released in Japan and North America. I personally feel bad for them.

Pity doesn't help anyone though. What would help would be the existence of more PAL coders.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
Hey be happy atleast your economy is better euro's pwn us/japan.But ya you guys need more Coders really.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
How the hell did you get NTSC brawl onto your Wii? Really though, it would've been awesome if some more people could be porters. I wish i could be one, but i think this whole porting thing sounds bery difficult. I hardly know how to add codes and stuff.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
i dont get what the problem is concerning the install on a pal wii. it took me only a few hours, and since the twilight hack and gecko is international i even used the ntsc pre-made package...
has anything changed now with bannerbomb or am i missing something?

but i have to agree, the lack of codes is a pain in the ***. but shall we do? if pk is busy, then that's it.

D

Deleted member

budget player cadet, do you even know what kind work goes into stuff like this?

dare me to say yes.

I'm right now the only one in the PAL region that is even remotely active, and I'm putting my priorities elsewhere right now, so shut it and be patient.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
When gold comes out, all the effort will naturally shift to porting. There's no point in whining about the time frame now - that's been going on since day one, which means any and everyone available is already doing what they can (read: Paprika Killer).

It's simply the life cycle of development. Most legit games come out in their native land first, then get ported - and those are full fledged companies, not a handful of dudes on a forum. This sheer fact that this project exists is amazing in it's own right. You have to have a lot of gall to put any type of pressure on people working completely for free...

NNID
Budget_Player
budget player cadet, do you even know what kind work goes into stuff like this?

dare me to say yes.

I'm right now the only one in the PAL region that is even remotely active, and I'm putting my priorities elsewhere right now, so shut it and be patient.
PK, I never said that it is not any work, I know that it's a ****load of work. And I definitely don't want to say that you don't do enough work. I'm saying that more people need to work on PAL. If I knew how, I would; is there a "hacking wii games for dummies" thing? I would be glad to help if I had a clue what I was doing.

I'm at my friend's house right now, desperately trying to install the ****ing PAL brawl+ and it REFUSES TO WORK. No codes are applied, even if gecko wants to say otherwise. It is ****ing impossible, I'm sorry. I'm going to pick up a USA copy of it the next time I can because I'm obviously not going to get it to work otherwise.

I respect you and your work, but someone else really needs to help pick up the PAL version. And even a single downloadable PAL package that works would be enough! Right now, on the download page, PAL and *** are 2-line footnotes to the big 5.1 RC. This is just wrong, and this is what I'm talking about. It wouldn't matter if the update is late if we could just get it to work, and you can't say it's too much work to get a working package of codes for 4.1 PAL (like what NTSC has had for ages) on the Brawl+ download page. Seriously.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Budget Player Cadet, I'm a PALer too, and I obviously understand you. Luckily, I haven't spent months trying to get B+ to work (I've been following the project since the beginning), so I may help you with your problems.

About the lack of attention, yeah it's true. Only PK cares right now, but coders aren't paid for coding, so we must wait, and only for necessary stuff, I doubt that some codes like File Replacement 3.5.1 or CSS fixes will be ported ever. Though it's very frustrating, I accepted that and I currently play a NTSC-U Brawl+ on my PAL wii.

Logically, I dont think there will be a big community supporting B+ on PAL territories.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Im something like....the representer of Brawl+ in Germany. Im trying to get more people into it.

But the most of them are flaming it, like it was in the beginning with Melee>Brawl

Im trying my best to get it popular over here, somewhere in the next month im going to host the first Germany Tourney that includes Brawl+ (Singles and teams)

Wish me luckz0rz

(excuse my crappy english btw)

NNID
Budget_Player
Im something like....the representer of Brawl+ in Germany. Im trying to get more people into it.

But the most of them are flaming it, like it was in the beginning with Melee>Brawl

Im trying my best to get it popular over here, somewhere in the next month im going to host the first Germany Tourney that includes Brawl+ (Singles and teams)

Wish me luckz0rz

(excuse my crappy english btw)
I'm german too. I'm trying to spread it, but it's hard enough to get my friends to softmod their wiis at times; if after that I try and FAIL multiple times to get Brawl+ running, they run out of patience with me! I finally got it to work. One time. It is not self-explanatory, it is not simple. It doesn't make sense to do... It needs to be made simpler. I would provide a package myself if you want!

Bladefist137

Smash Cadet
One of us PAL users should send their PAL copy to Dantarion lol. :p Since i think most of us (like me) has either a NTSC-U Brawl Disc or is playing a backup from it. It's ******** that i still can't play against people from america because of the lag >.<

But yeah PAL people always seems to get screwed when it comes to game releases :/ Like what they did with Pokémon Platinum. In the NTSC-J and the NTSC-U versions the game corner is still there but they cutted it out in the PAL version :( And instead of properly modity the costs of the prices, they simpley left it the way it was in the other versions with only the slot machines giving 5 to 20 coins each every day and not all the slot machines has coins in it even. The worse part is they are planning to do the same again with the PAL versions of Heart Gold and Soul Silver >.<

But it's something we can't do anything against it and how hard it sounds, we just have to deal with it :/

NNID
Budget_Player
what exactly is that? it's a 188MB file so I suppose it's not just PAL B+ with a manual.
Sorry for the slow response. I have no home internet and have been sick this week. Bad for my connections...

The package has the full functional brawl+ package for PAL and...

Yeah, so I went a little overboard on the textures... It's pretty much like 5 for each character or so and most of the stages. :laugh:. Although you could've, you know, looked yourself...

If you guys want, I'll nuke most of them to make it smaller.

EDIT: Provided. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?omfxzongrtz

Top Bottom