• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
Shu Takumi is probably lying low right now, considering how the hackers got access to and leaked personal Capcom employee data.

I think AA7 could actually end up delayed in favour of a 4-5-6 trilogy. Logically, Capcom should provide easy access to them on Switch/PS4 instead of immediately releasing a sequel to a game on the 3DS, a now discontinued console. This would help out people introduced to the Ace Attorney via the trilogy and the DGS ports, too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Shu Takumi is probably lying low right now, considering how the hackers got access to and leaked personal Capcom employee data.

I think AA7 could actually end up delayed in favour of a 4-5-6 trilogy. Logically, Capcom should provide easy access to them on Switch/PS4 instead of immediately releasing a sequel to a game on the 3DS, a now discontinued console. This would help out people introduced to the Ace Attorney via the trilogy and the DGS ports, too.
im no expert but are capcom known for doing the logical thing? off the top of my head id say no

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If they're really doing AA7 I'd say that regardless of how DGS 1+2 performs, them porting 4-6 is very likely. Assuming that Ace Attorney 7 will keep around most of the characters from past games (Phoenix, Athena, Apollo, etc), I'd be surprised if they decide to not bring 4-6 to modern consoles.

Unless 7 is for some reason with a completely different cast or a very independent game from the rest of the series, I can't see them skipping 4-6.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If they're really doing AA7 I'd say that regardless of how DGS 1+2 performs, them porting 4-6 is very likely. Assuming that Ace Attorney 7 will keep around most of the characters from past games (Phoenix, Athena, Apollo, etc), I'd be surprised if they decide to not bring 4-6 to modern consoles.

Unless 7 is for some reason with a completely different cast or a very independent game from the rest of the series, I can't see them skipping 4-6.
It makes no sense from a business perspective to not try to recoup costs on the second trilogy's worth of games. The original trilogy's been ported at least 3 or 4 times by this point, so not doing so for the second trilogy would be detrimental

SNEKeater

Smash Master
It makes no sense from a business perspective to not try to recoup costs on the second trilogy's worth of games. The original trilogy's been ported at least 3 or 4 times by this point, so not doing so for the second trilogy would be detrimental
Yeah, I agree. The second trilogy would sell less, that's for sure, partly because the first 3 games are the most known ones and all, but still, I don't think they would lose money if they decided to port 4-6.

I don't think AA4 would suppose a problem. AA5 and 6 maybe because both are in 3D? I don't know.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
AA4 would be really easy to port because the HD assets are already done with the mobile port.
AA5 and AA6 needs a model re-scaling, or maybe not... they have shown HD 3D models of those games before in promotional material, I suppose those were the original 3D models and then were downgraded to 3DS's SD resolution.

I think it's just a matter of time before Capcom decides to port those games to modern systems. I think DGS got priority because Takumi is still in Capcom and he called the shots.

The Professor Layton crossover is a weird one, it got characters from Level 5 and they were closing off their Western operations.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Depends on which series they want to hyperfocus when it comes to rereleasing...at the time. For all of Capcom's bad habits, the one that's expected to recur quite a bit is rereleasing anything of theirs that sells decently enough to be seen as a cash cow. Though I still don't expect AAI regardless.

At least DGS is getting exposure from this incident: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...the_evidence_capcom_didnt_present_to_the_west

Last edited:

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
Random question, but the most likely option for a grab/command grab for Phoenix in Smash would probably be using Psyche-Locks. How would he initiate it, though?

Is he going to yell Take That, like how he usually does?
Or is he going to yell Hold It, which makes a lot more sense contextually?
Maybe he could also just stick the Magatama out without saying anything like every other grab and like in Apollo Justice?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Random question, but the most likely option for a grab/command grab for Phoenix in Smash would probably be using Psyche-Locks. How would he initiate it, though?

Is he going to yell Take That, like how he usually does?
Or is he going to yell Hold It, which makes a lot more sense contextually?
Maybe he could also just stick the Magatama out without saying anything like every other grab and like in Apollo Justice?
I think having him yell would cause confusion with other moves (Take That! and Hold It! would probably be attacks on their own, separate from the grab). Plus it'd be kinda weird to have him yelling at people just for a grab. Just the Psyche-Lock sound effects would be enough.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
New Illustration from the Ace Attorney Capcom Cafe.

Krankees

Smash Ace

Woah deja vu

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice

Looks like Klavier is the victim in the next case

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

wow they look ridiculous

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Reading the answers to that tweet, I didn't know Klavier was that popular. For some reason I thought he wasn't really popular among fans.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Klavier is popular because he's a genuinely nice rockstar lawyer who the body of a Greek god.

He literally does air guitar in court.

How is that bland?
I agree. I like him quite a lot to be honest. I was just relatively surprised by seeing so many people asking Capcom about him in that tweet.

I guess that for some reason I was never aware of how popular he is among the fanbase.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I used to think Klavier was pretty boring, and I get it, instead of redoing another character's arc he starts at the end of someone else's - prioritizing the truth and being a friendly cooperative rival, so he doesn't really undergo a lot of change it seems, he's sort of reacting to other characters' changes, but eh! He sorta faces some music at the end of 4 after running from it, it's neat enough! And the way he shows up in 5 and one of the non-canon DLC in 6 feels really... I dunno, like yeah, he doesn't have what it takes to be the big return in some final case or anything. But I dunno!!! Nah, he's cool! He's not at the top of my list, but nah, he's plenty cool and fun, if we wanna talk boring then it's gatta go to Nahyuta - I like his design and music and everything but damn he makes me snooze!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ironically you answered in the most bland way possible.
well i find it inherently weird when anyone refers to video game character has the body of a greek god considering what they got up to and dont see why air guitar is at all impressive

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
well i find it inherently weird when anyone refers to video game character has the body of a greek god considering what they got up to and dont see why air guitar is at all impressive
Clearly you've never air guitared in public before.

Its exilierating. A real rush!

The kind of man who does it all the time... is the kind of man we should all strive to be.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Clearly you've never air guitared in public before.

Its exilierating. A real rush!

The kind of man who does it all the time... is the kind of man we should all strive to be.
I live in a frigid and wet country nobody does anything outside

Last edited:

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice

Why does Edgeworth have an attorney's badge?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
About the infamous Capcom leaks, it isn't related to actual AA games but it looks like Phoenix Wright is gonna be the next character
for Teppen, which for anyone who doesn't know, is a mobile Capcom game featuring their IPs. I have barely tried it but one cool thing about the game is that all the new art that comes from the game is very cool

And yeah I know I have clickbaited all of you with that wording, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
About the infamous Capcom leaks, it isn't related to actual AA games but it looks like Phoenix Wright is gonna be the next character
for Teppen, which for anyone who doesn't know, is a mobile Capcom game featuring their IPs. I have barely tried it but one cool thing about the game is that all the new art that comes from the game is very cool

And yeah I know I have clickbaited all of you with that wording, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself
Geez, it was time already that they put him in! I wonder how his inclusion will be though...
And yes i'm talking about...
Teppen.
How he would look in that Artstyle?

MattX20

Smash Hero

Maya does look cute in that dress

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You think we will have anything Ace Attorney related at the VGAs?

Top Bottom