• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hey, I got a No More Heroes 3 trailer so I'm pretty happy. And that also means that everyone was wrong about fighter 5 and we still don't know who it is.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I personally don't have any issue with that, so long as it is soon.
i honestly have doubts we'll even get A Trailer we might get a mention and then oh yeah it's out now! because there's no way they'll reveal it in a random direct without that because the pass has to be wrapped up by February 2020

so now it's either delayed or we're getting FP5 really really really soon

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Well, rip. Knew this was a possibility but didn't consider that I'd be staying up until 6 am to see the whole thing until now. Hooray for bad sleep schedules!

Wasn't there a tweet from the VGAs or something that alluded to Joker's reveal last year? Or am I just imagining things? I have no idea why they'd bring that up if they weren't going to do the same thing as last year, even if Ultimate was a candidate for Game of the Year.

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
I love Green Day more than i love myself and i wasn't expecting them so I'm satisfied.
But yeah, this really makes me notice how long FP5 is taking them, it's starting to get suspicious.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
i can't believe Nintendo's just gonna randomly poop out the FP5 trailer in a boring plain direct....
Either that, or a Smash focused Direct where they reveal the fighter at the beginning, everything about it, what comes with it, and info on fighter pass 2.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
It's 5:50 am where I live and I just wasted 4 hours of my sleep for nothing. Quite an underwhelming show but I don't blame anyone, this was always a possibility...

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
LOL oof, that was pretty funny. well at least we not out of the running either?

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Either that, or a Smash focused Direct where they reveal the fighter at the beginning, everything about it, what comes with it, and info on fighter pass 2.
at this point i don't even expect a trailer....usually the characters come out 2-3 months after their reveal and since the pass is to be wrapped up by February 2020

they can't do the same thing with this one

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hey, I got a No More Heroes 3 trailer so I'm pretty happy. And that also means that everyone was wrong about fighter 5 and we still don't know who it is.
there is an extended trailer I think? The trailer they shown was cool, since the beginning I was thinking "it's No More Heroes"
I'm gonna go to bed but I'm guessing FP5 for early january in a direct. Also I think it's possible we will get a Smash direct this december to announce FP5 and how post-pass DLC will work

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
Ngl, deep down I was kinda expecting a good ol "HOLD IT!" right when Geoff was leaving the stage.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
i honestly have doubts we'll even get A Trailer we might get a mention and then oh yeah it's out now! because there's no way they'll reveal it in a random direct without that because the pass has to be wrapped up by February 2020

so now it's either delayed or we're getting FP5 really really really soon
To be fair I don't think it would be unusual to get a direct this month or in January.

I think we might get a direct soon with the reveal and then in January we might get a Sakurai presentation going into more detail.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
i don't think we're getting a direct soon this is usually the time when everyone shuts everything down for the holidays
That, and it makes a lot more sense to give people an idea for their lineup in early 2020 in 2020, rather than awkwardly throwing it in at the end of 2019, considering I don't think there's a whole lot coming out in January that people need to be warned about.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Ngl, deep down I was kinda expecting a good ol "HOLD IT!" right when Geoff was leaving the stage.
I was thinking that too... but it wasn't realistic. I mean, closing with a DLC announcement just after you gave the most important award? That would be cool but it wasn't possible haha

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
tumblr_nn15zwyqP91tkikado1_400.jpg

rant.jpg

Oh, and Bunsen and Beaker were a little funny...I guess. And FF7 is cool...I guess.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
Well at least now we know it's likely not a big shot character like Doom Slayer or Master Chief.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
how would you guys react if FP5 is just a "Meh Reaction" and nintendo knew nobody would care so they just name drop the character and say hey they are out now....

just seems odd to leave FP5 for a random direct in january where it's expected the character will be out soon afterwards due to the fighters pass being done by February as per their previous deadline

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Challenger Pack 5 wasn't shown off meaning Phoenix is still in the running. Don't let your disappointment over the lack of a Smash reveal forget about that.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The show itself had highlights, but I noticed they didn't relate to games at all when I think about it. The music and performances, the muppet show, Reggie's speech (which I found quite inspiring, actually) were the highlights, and that's not good for a show about video games.

It was fluff, with a few bits and pieces of games to consume and find interesting.

I am hoping people that meme about Geoff calm down a bit as he will always hype his own show that way. It is PR.

Must say, I was 70/30 on there being a character reveal. I am surprised, but at least all the talk of "TGA-worthy reveal" can end. That was something people used against Phoenix, and that wasn't even a factor to begin with.

I am more disappointed that we have weeks of the current speculation period to go through. It's not enjoyable and it will only get worse from now on. All the drama with insiders will emphasize that.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah. I'm not particularly bothered by the lack of FP5 at the Game Awards, the thing that worries me is speculation in the next weeks and all the drama leaker.
Also I'm completely sure FP5 will be leaked.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
how would you guys react if FP5 is just a "Meh Reaction" and nintendo knew nobody would care so they just name drop the character and say hey they are out now....

just seems odd to leave FP5 for a random direct in january where it's expected the character will be out soon afterwards due to the fighters pass being done by February as per their previous deadline
There's a less than zero percent chance of that happening. Every DLC fighter added is like a love letter to the game and series they represent. If Sakurai can't win you over with their name alone, he does it with what I like to call: "Professor Sakurai's Video Game History 101".

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
what i meant is i don't think we're getting A Very Mainstream Super Popular character As FP5....especially not in a throw-away early January direct

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
Well at least now we know it's likely not a big shot character like Doom Slayer or Master Chief.
But possibly opens the door for eastern picks that are even more niche than phoenix?

This is the main problem I have, the longer it goes without us knowing, the greater chance it would be leaked beforehand and that kills some of the fun out of it.

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Just wanna know FP5 already.......I've already had enough of the mystique and cryptic mystery around smash dlc characters

the way Smash DLC has been handled has been quite poor

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
what i meant is i don't think we're getting A Very Mainstream Super Popular character As FP5....especially not in a throw-away early January direct
Yeah. I'm not particularly bothered by the lack of FP5 at the Game Awards, the thing that worries me is speculation in the next weeks and all the drama leaker.
The conjunction of these two notions actually lends credence to the possibility that KOS-MOS might be it, though some 4chan leaks predicting her were pretty thoroughly trashed tonight.

Krankees

Smash Ace
But possibly opens the door for eastern picks that are even more niche than phoenix?
But we have to remember KOS-MOS isn't off the table yet.
The conjunction of these two notions actually lends credence to the possibility that KOS-MOS might be it, though some 4chan leaks predicting her were pretty thoroughly trashed tonight.
You know what 4chan leak wasn't thoroughly trashed yet?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I bet that Phoenix Wright will be Fighter 5.

I'd even stake my hair on it.
I set this obvious joke up as a lead-in to a Smash reveal where Fighter 5 is someone else... but as it turns out, we didn't get a Fighter 5 reveal at all.

... whatever. I'll give up my hair anyway.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
I'm on the same train of thought. Especially if it is true that Nintendo is taking down some videos that have mods of Kosmos in smash. Wouldn't make sense right before a reveal, but if there was enough time for people to forget about it, maybe..

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Don't worry, y'all. This just opens up the perfect opportunity for a January direct that ends with "that's all we have to show today" before they use

bubble-objection.gif

to transition into the "one more thing" they always do in Directs.

Top Bottom