• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I still want a proper release of Ace Attorney Investigations 2. I own all the games that were released in the West physically alongside Dual Destinites and Spirit of Justice on my 3DS, and it just drives me nuts to not have the last game set in the original timeline prior to the time skip.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's literally what we're talking about. The Capcom leak said we're getting both this year.
yes and somebody said "ive never heard of a game being announced and released within 3 months" to which i said "i can think of an example with a similar time frame"

Handy Man

Smash Ace
As someone who has played through the fan translation of the first The Great Ace Attorney, I really enjoyed the game and it’s different cast of characters. It’s not one of my top favorite games in the Ace Attorney series, but there were some good ideas featured in the gameplay, and one of the cases in the game got me thinking about it long after I completed the case. I’m looking forward to the official localization, as well as the opportunity to play the sequel.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
So we know it's gonna be a Smash reveal tomorrow, what do you think they chances of Phoenix is revealed tomorrow?
Just as much of a chance as anybody else, I hope. Only thing that worries me is that MH: Rise comes out next month, meaning a promo rep is a possibility and a likely one at that.

Last edited:

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if there is a reveal in the same style of Isabelle, featuring our favourite attorney and the announcement of a certain duology of games in the same trailer.

It would fit in pretty well with what Sakurai said in this article.

Here's a video elaborating on this that has probably already been posted to this thread:

Keep your eyes open if the DGS port gets announced near the end of the direct.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Only about 10 more minutes for the Direct. I'm hoping for the GAA Chronicles as well as possibly some other AA content.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
welp, looks like Nick was not required to take todays case, I guess DGS localization will just be announced by Capcom at random or during a partner showcase.

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
Looking at the bright side...

Uh... I don't know? I guess Xenoblade didn't have 8 other characters already...
I mean, there's always TGS...

Also, unrelated but if the Skyward Sword port is 60 dollars I'll laugh real loud

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Also, unrelated but if the Skyward Sword port is 60 dollars I'll laugh real loud
you know Nintendo is trash at pricing their re-releases lol.
Nothing explicitly negative happened to Phoenix as far as Smash goes, but the lack of DGS isn't great for the series general standing, and it certainly makes AA7 feel all the farther away.

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
Here's a few random observations from this reveal:

- The Reimu/KOS-MOS/Crash and Ryu Hayabusa/Doom Slayer/Rayman leaks are dead

- Mii Costumes might be a hard deconfirm now (I still think Monster Hunter can sneak by this one though)

- Characters from franchises with missing content might be a trend for the pass (Monster Hunter benefits from this a ton, while Chun-Li slightly benefits if you think the lack of post-SF2 content is noteworthy)

- Characters with complex gimmicks can be thought of as either a trend or a filled-up quota

Last edited:

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
I mean, if Phoenix, or any Capcom character, was gonna make it, I was not expecting it to be in this direct. I was honestly already expecting a first party anyway. Thankfully, it was not a Pokémon or the next Fire Emblem avatar, which were my main predictions. In terms of Phoenix... I don't think anything's really changed.

Lazyrex

Smash Cadet
I mean, if Phoenix, or any Capcom character, was gonna make it, I was not expecting it to be in this direct. I was honestly already expecting a first party anyway. Thankfully, it was not a Pokémon or the next Fire Emblem avatar, which were my main predictions. In terms of Phoenix... I don't think anything's really changed.
it was the opposite for me, for me it felt like this had to be Phoenix if the next one is the big E3 one and the last one is well the last one, I don't think Phoenix can carry either of those he is too niche imo

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
it was the opposite for me, for me it felt like this had to be Phoenix if the next one is the big E3 one and the last one is well the last one, I don't think Phoenix can carry either of those he is too niche imo
Why can't he be the last one?
Nobody ever said the last reveal had to be popular (in fact, if anything is consistent with Smash reveals, is that the last one is never popular)

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
- Mii Costumes might be a hard deconfirm now (I still think Monster Hunter can sneak by this one though)
Yeah, at this point with how Rex was treated it really feels like any character that got mii costumed through DLC lost their chance for good. Very much the usual fan rule thing, but it felt particularly brutal this time.
And I don't think MH cares one way or another about those as they only got armor sets and not some concrete "the hunter" sort of deal.
- Characters from franchises with missing content might be a trend for the pass (Monster Hunter benefits from this a ton, while Chun-Li slightly benefits if you think the lack of post-SF2 content isn't enough)
Chun is yet another SF2 denizen though, I don't think she'd be a good fit to represent another generation of SF if that was their aim, and SF content was never as lacking as FF 2 whole tracks pre-Sephiroth. I don't think this pattern does anything for her tbh.
same here, I was getting a hunch over a 1st party rep, and while I don't care for Xenoblade at least it wasn't one of the 3 franchises I feel is way overrepresented and doesn't need a new character in like another 3 whole new games or something.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Who else thought Ace Attorney was going to be revealed when the balance showed up? I started screaming, however soon it turned out to be a completely different game (Square Enix rpg).
Well then we'll have to wait, it's just a matter of time until TGAA gets officially announced.

Top Bottom