• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Jokes aside, I would have disqualified this on the grounds of it being blurry. That's always a red flag for fake leaks.
Hmm, while I obviously agree in regards to this specific "leak"... dunno, man, all fakes are blurry, but not all blurries are fake. You can count it as a red flag if you want, but I don't think we can use it to argue objectively.

Case in point: Ken leak and ESRB leak in Smash 4.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I discovered the existence of this tweet when I found this YouTube video of the guy who made it.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Even if these are no actual hints, I think it's always fun to speculate and speculation is what keeps this thread alive.

Therefore I have an idea: For every new, daily picture Sakurai posts, let us try to find a connection to Ace Attorney. The more ridiculous the connection, the better. Note that this shouldn't be taken too seriously, it's just a fun little game :grin:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I can't believe it's happening.

1577498045401.png

Edit:
Dammit I forgot to remove the Joker logo lmao

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
Even if these are no actual hints, I think it's always fun to speculate and speculation is what keeps this thread alive.

Therefore I have an idea: For every new, daily picture Sakurai posts, let us try to find a connection to Ace Attorney. The more ridiculous the connection, the better. Note that this shouldn't be taken too seriously, it's just a fun little game :grin:
That sounds fun

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
I had a different Ace Attorney character in mind for the line of Jokers pointing their guns...
latest.gif

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Day 2: Sakurai's pic of the day is totally a reference to the intro of the most beloved case in the series, Turnabout Big Top! Sakurai wanted to depict magician Maximilion Galactica flying away from the stage with today's picture.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Day 2: Sakurai's pic of the day is totally a reference to the intro of the most beloved case in the series, Turnabout Big Top! Sakurai wanted to depict magician Maximilion Galactica flying away from the stage with today's picture.
Nono you got it all wrong. The Duck is obviously a reference to Polly from Turnabout Goodbyes.

And Pichu wants to cross-examine it.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
It's obviously a reference to the doves that appear in Recipe for Turnabout. Pichu is obviously Victor Kudo in this picture.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nono you got it all wrong. The Duck is obviously a reference to Polly from Turnabout Goodbyes.

And Pichu wants to cross-examine it.
It's obviously a reference to the doves that appear in Recipe for Turnabout. Pichu is obviously Victor Kudo in this picture.
lol, yall are fantastic

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Oh, hey! looks like work on the DGS2 fan translation is coming along!
https://twitter.com/ScarletStudy1
Thanks for the heads up! DGS1 remains my favorite game I played through and completed this year. While it may be better to wait until DGS2 is fully translated, I'm too excited to pass up the opportunity to play through cases 1 and 2 right now, as I purchased a copy of DGS2 right after I beat DGS1. I can't wait to dive into the beginning of DGS2!

3DSDGS.jpg

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
  • "Arsenals at the ready!" (September) introduced Daemon X Machina Spirits
  • "Attack of the Tetriminos" (October) introduced the Tetris Spirits
  • "New Galar Region Pokémon Discovered!" (November) introduced the Sword and Shield Spirits
As someone who missed out on these events, I wonder when those spirits will become available again.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
As someone who missed out on these events, I wonder when those spirits will become available again.
I'm at the least sure they randomly drop onto the shop every now and then (as do spirits from DLC boards funnily enough). I can't attest to whether they ranndomly appear on the spirit boards however.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I have no idea what to say about this picture and I am very confused.

Day 3: It's obviously a reference to Wolfy Shi-Long Lang. Lang Zi says: "Items that become evidence should never have any part overlooked. Even a mere flower or a picture of a horse can serve as a decisive source of information."

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Day 3: It's obviously a reference to Wolfy Shi-Long Lang. Lang Zi says: "Items that become evidence should never have any part overlooked. Even a mere flower or a picture of a horse can serve as a decisive source of information."
His Final Smash is him arresting the opponent before Edgeworth can question them.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
When that contradiction hits just right.
Wright: The autopsy report clearly states that the victim was killed with a Burger King bag...
Edgeworth:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok am i miss remembering, im sure the autopsy thing happened once, why does everyone make such a fuss about it

Lyncario

Smash Ace
D

Deleted member

If Wright had an alternate costume, which one would it be?

I suppose some would bring up another character from the franchise (maybe Edgeworth), but I would personally add his alternate costume from UMvC3.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

I suppose some would bring up another character from the franchise (maybe Edgeworth), but I would personally add his alternate costume from UMvC3.
I want his pre-timeskip and post-timeskip suit looks. And if we're lucky enough to get more, I'd want his Apollo Justice "hobo" look and the pink Feenie sweater.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Good luck with this one.

I can only see this as a :ultbayonetta1: reference.
I remember seeing a YouTube comment saying that Adrian Andrews from Justice For All was "Zero Suit Samus with glasses".

Therefore, I deduce that this is Justice For All Adrian Andrews vs. Trials and Tribulations Adrian Andrews.

At the very least, I see us getting both his pre-time skip appearance from the original trilogy and his post-time skip appearance from Dual Destinies onward. There'a also the the obvious choices of his "Feenie" jacket from Trials and Tribulations, and his hobo phase from Apollo Justice.

Other than that? Well, there's Furio Tigre's jacket, which was a DLC costume in Spirit of Justice. And while this is extremely unlikely, there's also the Japan-exclusive Sengoku Basara costume also from Spirit of Justice...

Last edited:
Top Bottom