• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take down your old B+ yt vids

kupo15

Smash Hero
Our reputation is important and how we spread this game is important. It just occurred to me that posting brawl+ matches on yt are both a great way to advertise or a horrible way to reflect this project.
I feel that everyone should take the responsibility to remove all of their old, outdated code sets that could potentially hurt our image because the anti brawl+ers or the uniformed might find something they can latch onto to decide not to try it.

Conversation said:
kupo150: wow I just came across skys thread

Ulevo: Yeah, I was really irritated when I saw that.

kupo150: omg this is horrible
glad you guys quickly jumped

Ulevo: I only jumped because how people perceive our game and the community surrounding it is important to me.
Because lets face it.
We're not a solid, established community yet.

kupo150: nope

Ulevo: We're doing very well considering the circumstances.

kupo150: yea

Ulevo: But people refuse to play Brawl Plus for the most simplistic and silly of reasons.
I know a few people who frowned upon it based on what they thought it was from videos months and months ago.

kupo150: yea
they all need to be taken down

Ulevo: If someone is able to refuse to play an amazing game based on a youtube video from like, what... September, October?
Then how are we going to get people to join in on something that is amazing if posters are giving it a false image?
That's my problem.
And I speak from experience.
The only reason I got in to Brawl Plus is because of Chibos videos. I saw some after looking for CoT4 videos.
I thought Brawl Plus would be some horrible wave dashing miserable failure.
I was wrong.
And I don't want people to continue having that same impression, simply because of what people like Sky have to say.

kupo150: chibos vids inspired you?

Ulevo:
Well.
It gave me an idea of what Brawl Plus was like.
And that was enough to spark my curiosity to investigate.
And that is when I stumbled upon the truth.
I see a LOT of brawl+ vids that are actually quite terrible and it seems like the posters don't even review the material they post or even think about what type of an image they are portraying. And there is not only one bad match, but numerous from the same poster and its no different from the next poster. I know brawl+ is exciting and you want to show it off, but quality is valued over quantity.

So please, take care in what you post on yt and ask yourself if its really making brawl+ look good or bad and please remove old matches that no longer reflect the current brawl+ (this includes wavedashing).

matt4300

Smash Ace
Bout time someone made a thread about this... I would have, but no one respects me enough to do what I ask on these forums.

Ulevo

Smash Master
What thread are you two talking about, by the way?
Sky' made a thread in the Tactical Discussion forum pertaining to Brawl Plus, and it had some misleading information and opinions in there that were mainly driven by his dislike to elitist Brawl Plus smashers. It really isn't that important now, as he has said his piece and made an apology publicly, and the thread is now locked.

Even so. This should be a prime example to us as to why we have to make sure that we are not just striving to improve Brawl Plus, but why we need to be mindful as to how we introduce other Smashers to this game, and how we draw peoples attention to our community. There are many who are very skeptical, and one false piece of information, or one misleading video can drive them away from ever potentially giving Brawl Plus the chance it deserves.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I was been saying this. Why post vids that are 8 mins long playing the game like its vbrawl and ****

Rikana

Smash Champion
I like this idea. It would definitely help people clear up what Brawl+ really is.

But thing is, there are many people who use Brawl+ name and also include their own modification, which means it isn't the official Brawl+ codeset. But they named it Brawl+.. unless there's a way to convince them to change that. I also noticed there are people who tag their videos as Brawl+ when it isn't.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Put OFFICIAL BETA BRAWLPLUSSERY, and give links to what its about...we gotta look legit

Just wondering, how old are we talking?
Most of my vids are with Mookie's old codeset, so should I remove those?

I need to get some new ones up with the Plussery codeset anyway, so it would be no problem if they do need to be taken down.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I think personally that everything pre plusery should go. Before then it looks kinda sloppy and unprofessional and is clearly a hack. The plusery is when Brawl+ really started to soar towards authenticity. It doesn't look hacked to death.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I think Momentum is a huge gameplay change. Anything prior to that shouldn't be around.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I think Momentum is a huge gameplay change. Anything prior to that shouldn't be around.
I second this.

When you look at Captain Falcon for instance, or Fox. What is the biggest difference you see in comparison to Brawl counterparts? It's the momentum. People don't want to see a boring, slow Captain Falcon attempt Knee combos. They wanted the fast paced Falcon Pawnch! The momentum I believe is the key, and anything before that should really be tossed out.

If I have my way, I'd take any and all videos prior to 3.3 and toss em. :p

or.. you could just label your vids saying explicitly they are from an outdated codeset.
The problem with this is not everyone reads. Not only that, but if they do not like the previous works of Brawl Plus, they might not even want to look in to what is currently in production. Either way, it isn't worth risking losing the potential interest of new players for our scene.

D

Deleted member

How about putting a disclaimer in every video saying something like "If you're watching this video a month from MM/DD/YY it's probably using outdated code and you should not base your opinion of Brawl+ on it. Go watch a newer video"
But yeah, everything with MAD and S canceling should be taken down ASAP.

Given the IQ of the average YouTube user, I'd be weary about expecting them to read anything.

A very intrusive annotation might work, but I really think we're giving them too much credit. >_>

Team Giza

Smash Lord
At least take out the brawl+ tag. Keep the videos up but have no mention of brawl+ in them. Just call it a hacked brawl match.

Azurie

Smash Cadet
I think most people see the standard Brawl+ codeset and all Brawl+ hacks as the same thing. Maybe considering a new name for the standard Brawl+ codeset would help. Ya know, to help separate it from all the other hacks.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I think most people see the standard Brawl+ codeset and all Brawl+ hacks as the same thing. Maybe considering a new name for the standard Brawl+ codeset would help. Ya know, to help separate it from all the other hacks.
We got one already. It's the Brawlplusery.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Why not just put 'Unofficial' in the title?

Doesn't that take care of the stigma that whatever they put up is directly affiliated with B+? (devil's advocate here)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Just putting "unofficial" in the title won't do anything. They'll see "brawl+" and that will be all they see or care about. Whether the set is considered "official" or not, it will still be seen as reflecting us.

Also, whoever said that the matches could stay up as long as they only said "using hacks" without a mention of brawl+, well... I guess that could work. Although I don't see much reason in leaving the outdated matches up there. The youtube matches serve to advertise brawl+, essentially. They also provide those of us who are already interested in the project with entertaining matches. But no one wants to watch matches with an outdated codeset. The vids would essentially just take up space, and if they're on a channel intermixed with more recent brawl+ videos, they still pose the risk of screwing up brawl+'s image, even if all they say is that it's a match with hacks.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Its not just a video thing...ive actually heard complaints of the people involved, this goes from Broom and community. Lol someone once told me he wasnt into it because he didnt like Kupo, and Kupos like the "maker" of Plus X_X.

Im just gonna say dont act like *****, and dont suck up either. When discussion gets heated, take that **** to the other forum.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Idea!

Writing "BRAWL+: OFFICIAL BRAWLPLUSERY (codeset)" at the end of the video's title with the annotation "The codeset used in this video is official brawlplusery (codeset). This codeset was released on (date), and is probably outdated if that date is at least one month from now. Any video without this annotation posted on or after March 11, 2009 is not official." should be standard for all videos.

Vids with outdated codesets should instead be annotated with: "The codeset used in this video is official brawlplusery (codeset). It was released on (date) and became outdated at the release of (codeset) on (date)."

If bolding isn't possible, any other form of emphasis will do.
(Italics added just to make it easier to read)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Lol someone once told me he wasnt into it because he didnt like Kupo, and Kupos like the "maker" of Plus X_X.
That is the most ******** thing I ever heard of. My voice does not set things in stone. I guess I did such a horrible job managing the codes and the people asking this and that. I must have actually done horrible things to this project. Arrest me now while you still have the chance >_>

MK26: Tl;dr seriously, that's what I would do if I was on the outside looking in

Finns7

Smash Ace
Kupo calm down...I was just telling you some views of brawl+ that others have. I dont agree with mostly any negatives concerning brawl+, the guys comment made me lol

Top Bottom