• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take another look at Ganon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straw Dog

Smash Rookie
Ganon is often referred to as the worst character in all of brawl. With extremely slow priority and a lack of killing moves (fast and efficient killing moves, rather) it's not hard to see why.

But with the metagame quickly moving torwards a slowpaced stall-fest, Ganon seems to have filled his own niche. A few Ganon players have risen the ranks of smashboards by doing nother other than powershielding then punishing the smallest of lag with flame choke and wizards punch. Then K.O. with a strong, albeit risky, aerial.

You'd also be surprised how much of a edge guarding game he can pull off. Back and down aerials are bother rather fast and strong. Some WoP possibilities too.

I don't know how Ganon could be overlooked so much. He's such a badass.
I know theres been a lot of complaining about Ganon not having his sword, but consider how OP he would be if he did have it.

Discuss~

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Ganondorf hasn't been called the worst for a while now from what I've seen. He is pretty good at what he does, I just wish he could run >_<

Gamer212

Smash Cadet
Yeah...it's Captain Falcon that's been called the worst character in my experience.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
I think that Ganon is def. going to be recognized as better than "extremely low tier" while some characters are going to have some real issues to sort out as the metagame evolves (see Pokemon Trainer)

And why aren't Samus or Link considered worse?

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've got to admit that ganon has surpassed my expectations after initially playing him. Of course, my initial expectations were that almost every character could three stock him and barely take a single hit, so I guess that not saying *that* much.

Well, he's better than Yoshi and samus, at least.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Sonic is the worst in brawl, then Ganondorf/Falcon.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I thought so too, but I saw a good sonic player do some impressive stuff. He isn't as good as we hoped, but I think he is better than ppl think. I never saw a sonic move like that before. It was quite cool :)

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
lol, a sonic player haven't give you +70% damage under 8 secs right?
Sonic is very VERY far to win the title of the worst character... He have top speed, top gimping abilties and is a top damage demon (can give you 46% in one ASC)...

Ganon isn't as bad... The real problem with him is he can't run to chase the opponet after he hits (you know what I mean).
Falcon was hardly nerfed but in the right hands you'll get "triple kneed" to your doom without prob...

I don't dare (YET) to say which character is the worst... We need more time to play and find it out and there are a lot of tricks that we haven't discovered.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
The first time I played Ganon, I didn't even give him a chance. I then picked up Ganon recently and **** he's not half bad :p

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
So we should take another look at Ganondorf because some people are playing badly against him? It's nothing new that powershielding is ridiculously easy in Brawl and that a lot of stuff is unsafe on block. Or that Ganny can punish you with some powerful moves.

But what is Ganondorf going to do when people projectile-camp him? Or against people who do not let him combo into aerials because they're just too friggin' slow?

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anybody believes he is the worst character in brawl, thats just not possible. He's decent, upper lower tier or something like that

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
he only runs slow since he has that sword up his ***. maybe if he could downtaunt and run at the same time he would be high tier.
Do you honestly think running speed makes him bad???. Did Peach run fast in Melee?? Does DeDeDe run fast? last time I checked Snake doesnt run that fast??

g-regulate

Smash Hero
you pick a character and you win or lose. if you lose a lot with a character you cant just simply blame it on the character, and try to pinpoint all of his/her flaws.

my ganon is the greatest on the planet, and i beat people with him. rather than pointing out his flaws i abuse his advantages

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
you pick a character and you win or lose. if you lose a lot with a character you cant just simply blame it on the character, and try to pinpoint all of his/her flaws.

my ganon is the greatest on the planet, and i beat people with him. rather than pointing out his flaws i abuse his advantages
Sliq would like a word with you. Greatest Ganon...

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Ganon is often referred to as the worst character in all of brawl. With extremely slow priority and a lack of killing moves (fast and efficient killing moves, rather) it's not hard to see why.

But with the metagame quickly moving torwards a slowpaced stall-fest, Ganon seems to have filled his own niche. A few Ganon players have risen the ranks of smashboards by doing nother other than powershielding then punishing the smallest of lag with flame choke and wizards punch. Then K.O. with a strong, albeit risky, aerial.

You'd also be surprised how much of a edge guarding game he can pull off. Back and down aerials are bother rather fast and strong. Some WoP possibilities too.

I don't know how Ganon could be overlooked so much. He's such a badass.
I know theres been a lot of complaining about Ganon not having his sword, but consider how OP he would be if he did have it.

Discuss~
Your point is moot. Nobody said he was the worst character in the game and he is moving up in the low tier rankings. Research before you waste your time. Idiot.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The fact of the matter is any character in Brawl can put a good fight if used correctly

However, this doesn't change the fact that some characters just plan suck.

Yes, Ganon can kill in the low percents and his moves have a good chuck of range and priority but this alone doesn't make him good even in the hands of a master.

It was said before that some Ganon mains or power shielding which is why he isn‘t the worst. Well the fact of the matter is anyone can power shield just as well as Ganon so this doesn't make Ganon any more special or better then everyone else.

No one sucks in Brawl but someone has to be at the bottom and odds are the less popular characters will be the one’s on the bottom in the end.

Umpadumpalump

Smash Apprentice
Personally I've had little to no problems using Ganon, but I've never used him all that much.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'd consider Ganondorf no lower than low in Low Tier. **** nice damage, multiple KO options, auto-cancelled hax spike (>_>), SPARTA! kick (no, seriously.)...

I mean, he has his flaws (he happens to have a bit too many, but...), however, he's still far from the worst in the game. Far.

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
So we should take another look at Ganondorf because some people are playing badly against him? It's nothing new that powershielding is ridiculously easy in Brawl and that a lot of stuff is unsafe on block. Or that Ganny can punish you with some powerful moves.

But what is Ganondorf going to do when people projectile-camp him? Or against people who do not let him combo into aerials because they're just too friggin' slow?
You know, I'm not of the opinion that Ganondorf is very good, but I do believe he has some options in these situations. His up air is reasonably fast and can be used in combos and ultimately it's not terribly hard to move through most projectiles with him. His more glaring weaknesses are against jugglers(his spin kick being the only aerial that *didn't* get nerfed in priority) and faster up-close characters that are smart enough to exclusively use safe attacks.

I believe we shouldn't abandon him to the worst position, and this has been backed up by a couple moderately successful players. I don't really think his slow moves compliment the game's style, though. A character with slow *movement* can excel, but slow attacks are pretty limiting.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Ganon is my secondary. My strategy is playing mindgames. Someone thinks "Hah! A slow character just standing there like a *******! I will now attack him with no shielding or strategy because nothing can go wrong!". Also, who couldn't love his awesome off the edge suicide, another humiliating kill.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I think Ganons ok. i don't main him but when i do pick him (which is rarely since i don't like him that much) it seems like he does have some potential.

Scala

Smash Ace
Yoshi is much, much better than ganon. I personally believe that yoshi can attain mid-tier with the rate that they are pulling yoshi-specific ATs out of their butt.

Ganon just fails too hard in too many areas to be considered anything better than low tier.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I honestly think Ganondorf is at least mid tier. He has a lot of untapped potential. Of all the cast, I have to say I think Ganon is the one who will really be the combo character. You'll know what I mean if you've ever chained together SH autocanceled dairs. He's slow and most of his moves are slow too, but he has many approach options (side+b, down+b, dash a), fast moves (neutral a, down+b, dtilt, dsmash, ftilt), and pretty much all of his aerials have use (his least useful, bair, is still fantastic. Uair is usually a better choice but bair kills quite easily). He may be high tier.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Ganon is far from the worst in Brawl. Same with Sonic or Yoshi.

For the worst I can't decide if it's Captain Falcon or Jigglypuff. Both are really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom