• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj is the best Mewtwo (Ask Taj Stuff Thread)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
It's not something worth doing unless the opponent is really far away, and it's mostly to create a false sense of opportunity or to sorta mix up your teleports. It's not really viable as any kind of movement because of the lag.

It's not instant KO, but it can gib people who panic on stages with ledges like battlefield. Basically you can do it two ways, I prefer to just press back, then when I've let go of the ledge I press forward and B while they're still in range. Some people tend to ledge hop, meaning you drop off of the ledge by pressing back or down then double jumping to rise high enough to hit with confusion.

Either way works, but I prefer to keep my double jump with my method just in case I play some tricky people, but the other way usually puts you in a position to just sweetspot the ledge with teleport, so assuming everything goes to plan, you'll get their first.

D

Deleted member

Hey taj, and other mewtwos for that matter, what do u think of mewtwo's dair. The timing is a bit odd, so when DJCed, if the opponent isnt used to mewtwo, then it can sometimes hit them, maybe if they mistime a spotdodge.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Yeah, I wish MLG didn't lose the video of me 20 stocking a crew. :( But I had this dope down air chain going on this Sheik. :p But you're right usually if they're kinda timid you can float a little bit over him and then DJC forward or backards into the down air. Not spammable, but still good every once in a while.

quak

Smash Champion
i've also found a good use for the dair

you know how c.falcons will edgehog when ur recovering, forcing you to get back on stage, then ledgehoping a knee?

well you can do the same, with some invincibility, and the dair.

basicly, you just keep refreshing ur invincibility until ur opponent gets close, ledgehop a dair, and start bair chaining.

on a side note, i've noticed that i always shffl into my uptilt, much like spacies shffl into their shines

slave1

Smash Lord
so it is kinda funny. i can SUNC onto the right side of final destination but i cant do it very well on the left side. is this because of the ledge or my suckingness at doing it on the left side?

and i have a way to record videos so i can show you my playing but i need a uhb 2.0 thing and it is gay

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Perhaps you will appreciate this piece of Smash history. This article does not cite sources, and its impartiality is disputed.

It began between Isai and Taj, when at a tournament long ago they had a small joke between them that Taj was "taking people's cookies" whenever he a) gimped them, b) edgehogged them, or c) just plain destroyed them. Soon, taking cookies became an all purpose name whenever Taj came on the scene. He was there to take your cookies. (Later, Taj attended Champ Combo and Isai's first words to him were "ready to take some cookies Taj?" Taj would have been overjoyed, except that he is cold-blooded and only shows emotion as it benefits him)

It also became a common term to hear Taj say whenever somebody managed to "ninja" a ledge from another player right before they grabbed it. Ninja'ing comes from WoW and was used whenever somebody took a piece of loot that wasn't rightfully theirs, although the term has undoubtedly popped up elsewhere. So in short, if somebody ninja'd the ledge, they also stole your cookies.

The Teleport Edgehog, if you must give it a technical name, was an incredible way for Taj to use the teleport's invincibility, speed, and auto-cancel against the edge when directed down to suddenly take the ledge from somebody when they least expected it. It was so amazing and so surprising, in fact, that it could only be described by using both "super" and "ultra."

So by ninja'ing the ledge and taking your cookies in a super ultra way, Taj gave rise to the amazing technique we all know and love, the Super Ultra Ninja Cookies.

spindash

Smash Ace
Yeah...his Mewtwo is beastly. I've seen vids of him. @_@;;; I'd be pretty scared to try and take him on right now. XD Although I wouldn't back down because I'm up for fun. :D

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Perhaps you will appreciate this piece of Smash history. This article does not cite sources, and its impartiality is disputed.

It began between Isai and Taj, when at a tournament long ago they had a small joke between them that Taj was "taking people's cookies" whenever he a) gimped them, b) edgehogged them, or c) just plain destroyed them. Soon, taking cookies became an all purpose name whenever Taj came on the scene. He was there to take your cookies. (Later, Taj attended Champ Combo and Isai's first words to him were "ready to take some cookies Taj?" Taj would have been overjoyed, except that he is cold-blooded and only shows emotion as it benefits him)

It also became a common term to hear Taj say whenever somebody managed to "ninja" a ledge from another player right before they grabbed it. Ninja'ing comes from WoW and was used whenever somebody took a piece of loot that wasn't rightfully theirs, although the term has undoubtedly popped up elsewhere. So in short, if somebody ninja'd the ledge, they also stole your cookies.

The Teleport Edgehog, if you must give it a technical name, was an incredible way for Taj to use the teleport's invincibility, speed, and auto-cancel against the edge when directed down to suddenly take the ledge from somebody when they least expected it. It was so amazing and so surprising, in fact, that it could only be described by using both "super" and "ultra."

So by ninja'ing the ledge and taking your cookies in a super ultra way, Taj gave rise to the amazing technique we all know and love, the Super Ultra Ninja Cookies.
True story, by the way.

Watty

Smash Lord
whats the samus matchup like for m2? Ive never played a m2 nor do i really want to, i would think samus would have alot of trouble killing m2, you would hafta be semi defense and it would be a long match orrrr am i just wrong

also whats zelda matchup like, i cant beat drephens zelda with my g&w and im just curious if uve ever had to deal with a zelda b4

quak

Smash Champion
it's a long long ****in match

she spams, mewtwo spends most of the match chasing samus, then someone gets knocked away cause there are no good combos for either player, then she starts spamming again

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
I almost beat Taj's Mewtwo once. It was a few years ago though, and I was using Sheik, so I had a character advantage. :p

Lazy_muffin

Smash Cadet
im not really a great M@ myself, but i am always playing a friend of mine alex who is a good samus. The best way i kill him is if i short hop shadowballs, to get closer, then up throw, except his missles sometimes get the better of me

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
......Prob with doing that is you will get missled in teh face XP but ya....as everyone has already said.....m2 and Samus, bring a sandwitch or something to eat. That match takes a while

AJL911

Smash Rookie
My friend is obsessed with World of Warcraft. Its like drugs, just say no to WoW.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
That's definitely not true.

What the hell is with this red button where my online now thing should be?

Top Bottom