• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails For Ssbb! SINGLE VERSION, NOT PARTNERED LIKE MOST

Well, I can appreciate your fanboyism for Knuckles (kind of like my fanboyism for Sonic and Tails) so arguing "coolness" won't go anywhere. :laugh:
I do think Tails would be better suited for brawl because he has a wider range of moves and aerial action while Knux has fist A and fist B.
Side Note: I've never really liked the comics because they weren't true to the games most of the time. Tails' had parents... yeah right. Knux died... what the crap?
Sorry, back to Tails.

volbound1700

Smash Master
In the thread about AT, Ouendanation even states that he heard it from people at the convention but that it was probably fake.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I still don't see why so many people think Knuckles or Shadow would get in before Tails, that thought is simply hilarious for me.
Knuckles is another freaking powerful close range fighter and guess what we already have alot of them in Brawl.
Tails would be more unique and his moveset would consist more then just brute force, all his gadgets could turn him into lethal fighter.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I still don't see why so many people think Knuckles or Shadow would get in before Tails, that thought is simply hilarious for me.
Knuckles is another freaking powerful close range fighter and guess what we already have alot of them in Brawl.
Tails would be more unique and his moveset would consist more then just brute force, all his gadgets could turn him into lethal fighter.
You keep saying he is another powerful close range fighter. Who else is based on just brute force? No one except Dedede, Bowser, and Donkey Kong, and they're heavyweights. Knuckles wouldn't be a heavy weight, and he could also have projectiles (ie the giant rocks from Sonic Battle). There's also those mines from Sonic Battle that dig into the ground. Powerful punches combined with land mines and giant rocks could easily make him a unique and powerful fighter. I am no way trying to flame you or put down Tails, but Knuckles also has a chance, if the Sonic series somehow gets another rep.

Edit: Also, according to your logic, no more people with swords will get in Brawl, because there are already three of them, and four if you count Pit.

HolyNightmaren

Smash Rookie
You keep saying he is another powerful close range fighter. Who else is based on just brute force? No one except Dedede, Bowser, and Donkey Kong, and they're heavyweights. Knuckles wouldn't be a heavy weight, and he could also have projectiles (ie the giant rocks from Sonic Battle). There's also those mines from Sonic Battle that dig into the ground. Powerful punches combined with land mines and giant rocks could easily make him a unique and powerful fighter. I am no way trying to flame you or put down Tails, but Knuckles also has a chance, if the Sonic series somehow gets another rep.

Edit: Also, according to your logic, no more people with swords will get in Brawl, because there are already three of them, and four if you count Pit.
There's already too many people fighting with swords actually, Knuckles was an heavyweight character in Sonic Battle and some moves for the characters barely made sense anyway.
Knuckles does have a chance but its impossible for him to get through Tails thats all I am saying.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Shadow has no chance because he will be too clone like. Knuckles has a greater chance, but I still think Tails has the best chance as a 2nd PC from the Sonic series.

Linkmaster1992

Smash Rookie
I think it'd be awesome if Knuckles made it in somehow. He'd be an awesome character imo. I could imagine him with a standard A move called " Steel Jab." What do you guys think?

Weruop

Smash Ace
Ok:
1) Addin tails but not sonic is just freakin dum, I couldnt put in nicre than that, because it is...
2) If u think they'll add 2 sonic character ur greatly mistaken, addin 2 characters from one 3rd party series is unfaitr to konami, only having snake, and to all the other companies just so sonica can have his friend, while other greats (not tails, I mean sonic) like megaman, pac man, thus others deserve the shot better than tails...
3) Tails sux...
4) I believe theres already a Tails thread im not sure...
5) Tails sux...
* a long time later *

haha u sound so dumb nowadays

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah.. Tails would be friggin sweet for the following reasons:

1.) Subspace Emmisary duo! Sonic & Tails!!! Sonic 2 nostalgia anyone?

2.) My favorite fighter in Sonic Battle

3.) Unique moveset. Could ride his Tornado X walker for a Final Smash (debatable)

4.) Tails vs Fox! Come on guys! Two mech-crazy foxes duking it out!

5.) Another Sonic rep? I mean, Mario probably will have around 6... it wouldn't hurt to have Tails.

The only bad thing I could think of is.. well... his voice acting. @_@ But we can all hope for TEXT dialogues instead, right? I mean, this game is supervised by Nintendo. And it's not like Neo-Sonic games haven't haven't had any text-dialogues (Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3, Sonic Rush, Rush Adventures, Sonic Battle?).

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Tails would be great for brawl. Knuckles too. I think Sonic will not be the only one to be in brawl.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
If anyone else from Sonic makes the cut, which is a good chance, Tails will be the first in line, I also can see him being the unlockab;e part of the series, unless they also add in knuckles or shadow

smash superstar

Smash Ace
im pretty sure Tails has a chance...and i could see there being 2 sonic stages so it would be perfect

if he doesnt make it as an character at least an at is needed of him

I think thats where the other sonic characters belong as if anymore are in just at

D

Deleted member

Why do you people keep saying Tails and Knuckles have a great chance?! No, they don't have good chance. Like, wtf. You people honestly believe that one or two more reps from the same franchise will get in?!

Fail

Why do you people keep saying Tails and Knuckles have a great chance?! No, they don't have good chance. Like, wtf. You people honestly believe that one or two more reps from the same franchise will get in?!

Fail
Mario + Luigi = same franchise. Fail more.
Just kidding, I know you were referring to third party extras. I think it is a possibility, but I do agree that the chance wouldn't be fantastic. But it would be friggin awesome.

powerchord89

Smash Rookie
Ok:
1) Addin tails but not sonic is just freakin dum, I couldnt put in nicre than that, because it is...
2) If u think they'll add 2 sonic character ur greatly mistaken, addin 2 characters from one 3rd party series is unfaitr to konami, only having snake, and to all the other companies just so sonica can have his friend, while other greats (not tails, I mean sonic) like megaman, pac man, thus others deserve the shot better than tails...
3) Tails sux...
4) I believe theres already a Tails thread im not sure...
5) Tails sux...

6) my friend, PACMAN "sux."

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mario + Luigi = same franchise. Fail more.
Just kidding, I know you were referring to third party extras. I think it is a possibility, but I do agree that the chance wouldn't be fantastic. But it would be friggin awesome.
This is not the same thing. First off, Smash is a nintendo game. More than one nintendo Character from the same series is allowable, and needed.

Bowser and mario AND peach, luigi is coming

Dk, Diddy K Rool is coming Im sure of it

All the pokemon

etc. etc. They are nintendo, this is nintendo's game.

Sonic and Snake are third party. They are characters from other companies who have had games with nintendo before but are merely being brought in due to popular demand (and being asked by the companies)

It is also my belief that sakurai said there will be no more than 3 third party, and he will not use 2 from the same series for this reason. It just isnt logical.

Plus, Tails sucks, so do any of Sonic's sidekicks, honestly what do people see in Tails?
We were lucky to get Sonic (Only Sonic character i like, although I hate his one-liners)

Dont push it.

Im sure the other third party character will be megaman, just beause of his popularity.

(I dont like him, but others do.)

Metalknux

Smash Ace
What do you people like about Tails? In my eyes, he's is a whiny, nagging, feminine, crybaby who would be completely useless if he could not build stuff.

PS: Not trying to start a flame war. I just want to know what's so great about Tails.

SonicMario

Smash Master
He was only a crybaby since Sonic Heroes took over. SA2 and before he was a very important character (AND a better voice, but his actor got too old. And Sega would not increase the character's ages just for one voice actor. But then again, they changed the whole acting roster after Eggman's old voice died...). If There HAD to be a 2nd rep from Sonic. You could bet your left Testicle it would be Tails. But Tails will most likely a Uber AT. Tails has just been underestimated becaause of the recent minor roles and his 4kids voice. He should be credited more then that.

This is not the same thing. First off, Smash is a nintendo game. More than one nintendo Character from the same series is allowable, and needed.

Bowser and mario AND peach, luigi is coming

Dk, Diddy K Rool is coming Im sure of it

All the pokemon

etc. etc. They are nintendo, this is nintendo's game.

Sonic and Snake are third party. They are characters from other companies who have had games with nintendo before but are merely being brought in due to popular demand (and being asked by the companies)

It is also my belief that sakurai said there will be no more than 3 third party, and he will not use 2 from the same series for this reason. It just isnt logical.

Plus, Tails sucks, so do any of Sonic's sidekicks, honestly what do people see in Tails?
We were lucky to get Sonic (Only Sonic character i like, although I hate his one-liners)

Dont push it.

Im sure the other third party character will be megaman, just beause of his popularity.

(I dont like him, but others do.)
Hey kid... I mostly agree with you and if you read my original post you would have seen the jk written all over the first part with Mario and Luigi.... chill man.
Tails would suck if everyone hated him and saw nothing good in it at all. Guess what? Many fan clubs have been centered around Tails exclusively so there. There are a lot of things that make Tails a very interesting character that you are missing. I think you're missing that. Tails may not get in Brawl as a PC, but he will always be an awesome character.
Oh, and fix the spelling in your posts using the edit feature. I love these forums.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
What do you people like about Tails? In my eyes, he's is a whiny, nagging, feminine, crybaby who would be completely useless if he could not build stuff.

PS: Not trying to start a flame war. I just want to know what's so great about Tails.
ROFL at all the ignorance posted in that sentence....
What so great about Knuckles anyway? He's a moron who is easily duped, can't protect the Master Emerald for jack ****, follow Sonic like his personal lapdog.
Seriously I am sick of all you noobs posting how Tails sucks when you really don't know **** about him.
The thing is that if Tails really was worthless he wouldn't be more popular then Knuckles and have so many fans.

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
okay...a lot of needless tails-hate in this thread, if you can't take the fact that we're optomistic about a very small possibility of tails being a PC, go take it somewhere else.

Tails is the 3rd Sonic character ever to appear, if i'm correct. (after sonic and robotnik I believe) That's before amy, knuckles, metal sonic, shadow, blaze and every other character, so if there was the possibility of multiple 3rd party game reps, Tails would have the same chance to be in the game as Luigi IMO.

SonicMario

Smash Master
True, but the n00b haters all go like "OMFG NO TAILS IN BRAWL. WE NEED SHADOW HE WOULD PWN ALL ROFLOLOMG". I just hate it when people bias against classic characters such as Tails or Knuckles and try to say hat Shadow is better for some stupid reason that is not knowledgeable.

EDIT: Still, Tails WILL appear in the game. And I'll be heavily satisfied with an AT. And it'd be sort of a downer if he were below that. Like only a trophy (GASP), only Referenced (GASP), or only a Sticker (DOUBLE GASP).

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Tails is underated, espeicially on these forums. Tails would be a great addition in Brawl, and I dont see why anyone would think any other Sonic character would have a bigger chance. True, he is most likely an AT, but he definitely wont be placed lower than other characters. If he isn't playable, neither should Knuckles or shadow. If Tails isn't even an AT, the same follows.

That said, other characters like Knuckles and Shadow have much of a less chance than Tails, no matter what their fanboys argue or suggest. I'm not biased about it, Knuckles would be as good as an addition as Tails, But Logic speaks out that, as Sonic's Luigi, has a greater chance, however low chance of being playable.

Unsu

Smash Rookie
he should be like an AT that can rescue you from falling off the edge.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
^^ That's a bit basic, and has been said many times over, but it's original compared to other ATs. If Tails is an AT, that may be it, or something similar, but i'm hoping for something more creative or useful.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Tails can hope to be an AT at most. Adding another 3rd party character from the same company is just not fair. Tails can only get in if there are more 3rd parties.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Tails for AT. Seriously, if any other Sonic character was to get in Knuckles would HAVE to be next.
Sorry, But there are many reasons that if a 2nd Sonic rep were even possible. (Which we know is very low. So don't start calling me a "TAILZ N00B". )Tails would get in before Knuckles, go ahead and ask me. I dare ya.

Tails can hope to be an AT at most. Adding another 3rd party character from the same company is just not fair. Tails can only get in if there are more 3rd parties.
(Sigh) I'm getting tired of this saying over and over. We all know, or at least we all SHOULD know that Tails will most likely not be playable. Tails as an Assist would make my day still. I'd like him to be playable. But I wouldn't want to disappoint a big fanbase such as Megaman's if I were in Sakauri's shoes.

If you still ignore me, and call me a n00bish Tails Supporter. Then let me type this loud clear on a big broadcast in bold: I do not think that Tails will become a Playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Top Bottom