• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tagline Poll - Open 1 week

Please select your three favorite tag lines:

• Tires don exits

Votes: 69 20.6%
  • Show me your moves!

Votes: 112 33.4%
  • BYOC

Votes: 46 13.7%
  • No Johns

Votes: 106 31.6%
  • Mindgames, son

Votes: 167 49.9%
  • Can you wavedash?

Votes: 61 18.2%
  • SWF: Living life, 4 at a time

Votes: 109 32.5%
  • Game Set

Votes: 52 15.5%
  • Don't Get Hit

Votes: 68 20.3%
  • SWF: Smashaholics Anonymous

Votes: 46 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
That picture of "tires don exits" would be terrible for a shirt design. I would like for the shirt design to seem that is at least related to the games. Quote from my sister after she saw the picture "That sucks n*gger balls". I'm not lying about that quote either, which is why it is so funny. She was reading along with me while I opened the link.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
agree to that pr4n. =D but dont worry, there will be a top 5 vote. No johns is MLG btw. =P even if it is a good slogan, we dont want the same stuff as MLG, BORRRRING. SWF has to be set apart from those halo loving fools.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like West Coast Wes

I know its a smash term, i know it was smash first, All of this doesn't mean that it wont be noticed as a term widely used with MLG. It doesnt mean it isnt a good tagline.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It saddens me that "Dont get hit" and "Tires don exist" cant both make it to the next round. I really dont want to wear a shirt saying, "Show me your moves!"

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I prefer SWF: Living life, 4 at a time. It's a new one to me. I've been around Mindgames, son, don't get hit, show me your moves, and being from Oklahoma, "No Johns" (I'm not saying we thought of it, but in terms of riding a dead horse, we have a cavalry)

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
True that. I really liked "SWF: Living life, 4 at a time" because it IS new, And it's basically true. It's the general number for any tourny, except a few.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I voted for 'Mindgames, son', it is pretty much the most common phrase here on smashboards.

Don't think we don't know this is a ploy for money...how much money per shirt will be ployed?

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
Gideon doesnt know yet. Somewhere around 15 dollars but he wont know until he gets the graphics and what not.

On another note, i think new is good for a boards t-shirt.

On a third note, 4 at a time and mindgames son seem to be the ones getting the most votes per day now.

edit: yeah, ive seen 1 tourney that had 5 stocks about 4 years ago.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Awww, I wanted to see STFUppercut make it. :_:

The '4 lives at a time' sounds good to me, though.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
It saddens me that "Dont get hit" and "Tires don exist" cant both make it to the next round. I really dont want to wear a shirt saying, "Show me your moves!"
I wouldn't wear a "show me your moves" shirt... -.-;;
too cpt falconish... eww O_O

i voted "Tires don exits". it's a good one.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I think this poll shoulda been a little more widespread. Like, a link to a thread with the poll put into every room (melee, each character, brawl, whatever) would have let more Smashers know about it. Seems a little weird that the shirt should be decided by 348 voters when there's nearly 70,000 members.

But then again I could just be johning because "No Johns" lost...:(

Oh well, doesn't matter now and I do appreciate the effort that went into this, don't get me wrong. Can't wait to buy it myself.

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
Show me your moves!, No Johns, and Mindgames, son

Edit: (just realized that the poll was closed)

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
I realize that only 300 people voted, but it was in the announcements for a week. But it doesn't matter too much, because this vote only narrowed things down more and was not a final decision maker.

Here are the tentative results:

The following will definitely have a logo created and be made into t-shirts:
  • Show me your moves!
  • Don't Get Hit

The following will have a decent chance of having a logo created and of being made into t-shirts:
  • Tires don exits
  • BYOC
  • No Johns
  • Mindgames, son
  • SWF: Living life, 4 at a time

The following will not be made into t-shirts:
  • Game Set
  • SWF: Smashaholics Anonymous

The voting last week was only one of several factors that went into this decision. So while "Mindgames, son" got first place in the vote, it still is not definitely going to be made into a shirt. Also, if MLG had not already adopted No Johns, this definitely would have been made into a t-shirt. It still might, but it's just not as unique to smashboards anymore.

The biggest thing behind which quotes made it already was the history/context of it. The context behind the "Don't get hit" tagline is just a classic. "Show me your moves" is a pre-made tagline the game already had from the start.

Now it's time to make the designs. The biggest factor now as to which taglines are chosen is how the graphic that is made for each one looks.

Thanks for all your help in this process! I think in the end we will get several nice looking t-shirts that are unique to our community. I am currently in contact with several printing companies but have not decided which I will go with yet. I will keep you updated, but it will probably be about a month before anything is made available. Tentative t-shirt prices will be around $15. I will update you with the graphics that are chosen over the next few weeks. I will also be running several surveys over the next few weeks for information on sizing and color preferences, so make sure you vote!

Oh, and it will be at least one more week before I announce winners of the premium memberships (I have to look back at the post, decide on a definite 3rd tagline, etc).

Finally, a special thanks to Sinz and NG7 because thanks to them we already have a t-shirt basically completed. It will probably not have any text, but the context is wavedashing. Once it is finalized I'll release some mock up images of how the shirt will look! Thanks NG7 and Sinz!!

-Gid

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah. ! ! ! ! Only 300 people, but that is still alot of people!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Now Sinz can spend more time playing mafia. :)

I'm definitely buying Dont Get Hit and Tires don exist if it is made into a shirt.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tentative t-shirt prices will be around $15. -Gideon

Oh, the memories. Seems like just 3 posts ago he was saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom