• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tagline Poll - Open 1 week

Please select your three favorite tag lines:

• Tires don exits

Votes: 69 20.6%
  • Show me your moves!

Votes: 112 33.4%
  • BYOC

Votes: 46 13.7%
  • No Johns

Votes: 106 31.6%
  • Mindgames, son

Votes: 167 49.9%
  • Can you wavedash?

Votes: 61 18.2%
  • SWF: Living life, 4 at a time

Votes: 109 32.5%
  • Game Set

Votes: 52 15.5%
  • Don't Get Hit

Votes: 68 20.3%
  • SWF: Smashaholics Anonymous

Votes: 46 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm going to buy 4 "Mindgames, son" shirts, and 3 "Show me your moves" shirts. So I won't have to wear anything else XD

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I' getting the "tires don exits" "Mindgames, son" and "Can you wavedash" Lol, these shirts wil be like smasher identification.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Gahh! So hard to choose.

*writing*
*takes a a die*

1, Don't Get Hit
2, Mindgames, son
3, No Johns
anything else, I roll again.
It's a 1! Don't get hit!

Too bad i cant vote.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It actually spawned from a person in the Melee rooms who couldn't spell and didn't think Tier lists were a valad idea. The topic was called (i think) tires don exits, or similarly misspelt.
. .

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Is there any particular story behind 'mindgames son' or is it just a classic statement?
No story. (Unless I missed something...) It's just a common way to talk down to someone after beating them, or after landing a hit on them in some unlikely way. It has become popular for making fun of player accidents like barely missing the ledge with UpB or accidentally air dodging off the stage. The player in favor of the dumb accident yells, "Mindgames, son!"

Kipper500

Smash Rookie
No, how about this:

On the front is SS3 Goku.

On the back is "Insolent Scrubs."

That would be win.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
Despite the silence that has occured since the contest, I have been making lots of progress with the t-shirt store and am hoping to start selling by Sept. 1. You guys are correct in stating that we could not use copyrighted images like Nintendo characters or the SSB symbol. One of the t-shirts is just about complete, though. Here is a sneak peak:

I hope you guys like it!

Once I have all three designs on t-shirts, I will officially award the winners of the tagline contest. Thanks for your patience!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Hmm... Well, I'm still on board. Can't wait to wear em. Good thing my college doesn't have a dress code.

BTW, if you wanted to, instead of a Gamecube controller or a copyrighted image, you could always use a generic controller or something near the image.

Hax

Smash Champion
show me your moves FTFW! please make a shirt for this. :(

also 'no johns' and 'mindgames, son' are nice. lol

Bloodmage

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing these aren't going to be free, so I might not be able to get one. :(

Oh, and "Mindgames, son" is by far my favorite one. Then probably "SWF: Living life, 4 at a time."

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I know it's a bit late. But if "Mindgames, son" isn't made into a shirt, I will cry. I know my opinion matters as much as my one vote matters, but I had to say it. It's easily the most hardcore, topical, and symbolizes what separates the good from the bad.

uremog

Smash Ace
I would consider buying in order:
Mindgames, son.
Show me your moves!
No Johns.
Don't get hit.
Game Set.

but it's really all depending on the design, since anything too related to smash bros could infringe on copyrights.
yeah, i missed the poll. and now it's closed. but i've been busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom