• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tagline Poll - Open 1 week

Please select your three favorite tag lines:

• Tires don exits

Votes: 69 20.6%
  • Show me your moves!

Votes: 112 33.4%
  • BYOC

Votes: 46 13.7%
  • No Johns

Votes: 106 31.6%
  • Mindgames, son

Votes: 167 49.9%
  • Can you wavedash?

Votes: 61 18.2%
  • SWF: Living life, 4 at a time

Votes: 109 32.5%
  • Game Set

Votes: 52 15.5%
  • Don't Get Hit

Votes: 68 20.3%
  • SWF: Smashaholics Anonymous

Votes: 46 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
This poll will be open for one week. Out of all the entrants, the following ten taglines were selected and are listed below, in no particular order:

• Tires don exits
  • Show me your moves!
  • BYOC
  • No Johns
  • Mindgames, son
  • Can you wavedash?
  • SWF: Living life, 4 at a time
  • Game Set
  • Don't Get Hit
  • SWF: Smashaholics Anonymous

Feel free to ask for further explanations in this post if some of the taglines aren't clear. For example, BYOC is a spin off of B.Y.O.B., and if you didn't know that before voting that wouldn't be good :)

This poll will be used to narrow things down to the top 5 tag lines. After that, staff here at SWF will decide on the top 3, and the people who submitted these tag lines will be awarded with a prize. A t-shirt graphic will then be designed using one of these taglines, and the shirt will be made available to everyone by the end of the summer!

Thanks for everyone's participation and good luck!

*NOTE: Although the poll will allow you to choose more than three, in the end I will check to make sure that people did not vote for more than three. PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND ONLY SELECT UP TO 3 CHOICES WHEN VOTING!!

RDK

Smash Hero
I still think SWF FTW! would have been cool on a t-shirt, lol.

I'd have to say Tires don Exits or SWF: Living life, 4 at a time. That's pretty clever.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
eeeeh, so hard to choose just one!

PS: how much will the shirts cost?

EDIT!!: Gid, I didn't see the 3 when I voted, so... can you remove any votes? If you can, mind getting rid of one tires don exist and one living life: 4 at a time?

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
What's up with Tires don exits? Is that like a different language?
I'm not too familiar with the history of this, but I believe it means "tiers don't exist" ... feel free to elaborate on this one if you know its origins!

eeeeh, so hard to choose just one!

PS: how much will the shirts cost?
Probably around $15, but I will not know until I have the shirt graphic.

RDK

Smash Hero
Tires don Exits is a term coined by Scav, I believe.

And Gideon's explanation was correct. The point of the phrase is that "tiers don't matter, you can be good with your character if you try hard enough" or something.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
It makes so much sense now. I saw some Grimer/Broom shirts at OC3. Also Mindgames, son. Does SWF have anything to do with that?

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
It makes so much sense now. I saw some Grimer/Broom shirts at OC3. Also Mindgames, son. Does SWF have anything to do with that?

The Grimer shirts were made by Bahamut and Mrs. Bahamut and sold "exclusively" to back room members. I don't know about the mindgame shirts though.

RDK

Smash Hero
Can someone explain No Johns? I've heard it vaguely referenced several times before, but I don't know what it's about.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
No Johns comes from a group of smashers in Texas, one of which was named John who would come up with excuses for why he did poorly, or something analogous to it. It then entered the smash lexicon to say "No Johns" to mean "No excuses for getting beat or playing badly".

RDK

Smash Hero
No Johns comes from a group of smashers in Texas, one of which was named John who would come up with excuses for why he did poorly, or something analogous to it. It then entered the smash lexicon to say "No Johns" to mean "No excuses for getting beat or playing badly".
K, thnx Virgilijus.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Mindgames, son -just for its classicness
SWF: Living life, 4 at a time -just so clever
Show me your moves! -Falcon's taunt is like.. SSBM's mascot.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even see No Johns... I voted for Mindgames, Show me your moves, and BYOC.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Tires don exits

Mindgames, son

SWF: Living life, 4 at a time

I choose these, though I liked the "...and you thought tornados were bad." one. But that might be cuz I made it. LOL

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm not too familiar with the history of this, but I believe it means "tiers don't exist" ... feel free to elaborate on this one if you know its origins!
It actually spawned from a person in the Melee rooms who couldn't spell and didn't think Tier lists were a valad idea. The topic was called (i think) tires don exits, or similarly misspelt.

RDK

Smash Hero
It actually spawned from a person in the Melee rooms who couldn't spell and didn't think Tier lists were a valad idea. The topic was called (i think) tires don exits, or similarly misspelt.
Lol, that's hilarious! I thought it was just Scav being clever.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Don't get hit wins.

Seriously, why is there a contest when we clearly know Isai is 2 good ?

RDK

Smash Hero
Is someone willing to explain "Don't Get Hit"? Although if Isai came up with it, it's probably teh t!ts...

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I forgot who asked him, but some one asked Isai for his Smash Bros. strategy or philosophy and his reply was simply "Don't Get Hit". It's as simple as that :)

Lesheik

Smash Lord
What the heck? How did he miss these babies??

Shuffles
Mindgames
Air Dodges
Shines
Hitboxes
Buttons
Ownage
Attacks
Rolls
DIs
Spikes!

Smashboards. Shut up noob.

Smashboards. DI towards us.

Smashboards? Got ownage?

Smashboards. No sandbagging allowed.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Mindgames, son
Can you wavedash?
SWF: Smashaholics Anonymous

I'm really upset because a couple of days ago I thought of a really good one, but it was too late to post it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom