• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tactics To Beat Up Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, in Brawl, you can't **** Marth with MK unless you know how to. It's like Dedede vs DK, Dedede only autowins if he knows about the infinite. This is Brawl, where Matchup experience matters more than pure tech skill.
It's true what you say... i can't just win without knowing what to do... i can't just push buttom like a crazy...

Marth vs MK is IMPOSSIBLE for marth, most of what Marth needs to win is IMPOSSIBLE to pull off. If Marth beats the MK pigs will begin flying, and flying pigs are IMPOSSIBLE much like this quite possibly IMPOSSIBLE matchup. I think it's 80:20 MK and that's being generous, cause as I said before it's IMPOSSIBLE!!! Peach vs Marth is a cakewalk for peach compared to the EXTREME DIFFICULTY that Marth has with MK. So yeah with no beating around the bush lets get right into it:

Marth gets outspaced by MK. MK's Ftilt outranges all of Marth's moves aside from like fsmash or somethin like that. Not only does Ftilt outrange most of Marth's arsenal, it also outspeeds it. So space ftilt, if Marth jumps nado him. Don't spam nado mindlessly, critically think as you spam it cause Marth can Dolphin slash it or shield and punish with Dancing blade. Remember that if you're near him have control, otherwise don't be near him. Tippers hurt pretty badly but as long as you don't get tipper fsmash'd or dsmash'd, don't get grabbed, and don't die off of something stupid the matchup becomes IMPOSSILBE for Marth.

When he's recovering from below the stage make sure to grab the ledge when he wants to dolphin slash onto it. Get the timing down so he must land on stage where you can then jump from the ledge and punish his landing with Nair, at high enough percent he'll either get hit and have to recover again or die. If he's recovering high shuttle loop, it's the biggest threat to the matchup - he HAS to avoid it, if he gets hit by it he'll have to recover from a bad angle, and Marth's recover is BALLS, and MK's edgeguard is GENIUS. I can be at like 120% with them at 60% and not care, cause Marths suck when their opponent is really good at avoiding Marth's kill moves.

When you're recovering it's pretty simple. Don't use B to recover unless it's unexpected. No nados, no shuttle loops, no drill rushes, jump to the ledge and ease your way back on.

If you're still having trouble with Marths or you just want to be a douchebag, get the lead and then force him to approach, Marth is really bait and punish so he's done! BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!! I almost forgot the really bad news for Marth, if he's off stage and doesn't have a jump one he HAS to avoid dair because it can lead to a gimp even at early percents.

And there we have it, another Marth killing MK is born...
Thanks a lot, it did worked, and actually my kicking my friend's *** a lot...

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Not really, its a 60:40.

Thats really not that bad, and marth has an answer to pretty much everything MK does, just MK is faster.

volume

Smash Apprentice
possibly in another dimension named winnipeg
*cough* WTF?????? you sub meta knight???? your forward air beat all but his n-air??? you have faster attacks?? the tornado? like wtf? lol

^ obvious troll is obvious

any ways yea what i just said makes your beat my marth guide lol

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
wow, that's a lot of trolls in one thread.

if mk destroys marth so badly (80:20 lmao) then go beat mikehaze or neo using the strategy you think to be full proof.

every time he jumps, go ahead and use nado. tell me what happens.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93

if mk destroys marth so badly (80:20 lmao) then go beat mikehaze or neo using the strategy you think to be full proof.

Eh, nevermind metaknight

I say go with Link, Falco, or R.O.B. Just to be even.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i wish there was a filter option so that i could only see halzys and dooms posts on this board

u ******* is fail

Clel

Smash Journeyman

I never really hear about Neo anymore, aside from his latest hit "Metaknight da bess". As for Mikehaze I think the MK swarm in SoCal is giving him enough troubles as is.

It's not 80:20 of course, but I will say it's unreasonable to expect to beat my MK as Marth, let alone be consistent enough to take a set off it. There's crap that ***** marth so bad that he has to avoid it, but avoiding it throws him into another situation he has to avoid... at that point I don't think it makes a difference what your name is or how many tournaments you've won. I'd be OVERLY comfortable money matching any Marths lol, cause when I win either the Marth was sandbagging me, or he had to analyze my playstyle Game 1, and then lost by complete fluke game 2.

-Ran

Smash Master
The key to this match up is making Marth use his double jump. At that point, you win that stock.

Kel

Smash Master
I didn't know how to approach/ mix up on the ground, so I got spiked at 60%/ grabbed on SV's plat a couple times 3rd game.

Kel

Smash Master
I think he tried to embarrass me by going MK second game, but he had no idea what he was doing in the ditto (almost as much as I had no idea what I was doing vs marth). It was Norfair and all though....

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
u cant be overlly aggressive but the openings mk makes on marth can be sooo brutal

i also dont know why they all fall for backthrow > upb lolololololol

every
single
one of em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom