• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tactics To Beat Up Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Hello MK Boards, it is really a pain in the *** fighting up marth for me... my friend play me super gay his **** fair is annoying so i can barely approach from air, i have to play in ground.

Also it's almost impossible to edge guard him or gimp him because the counter...

What im suppose to do in this matchup? this matchup is not even available in the matchup thread...

Any Video, Tip, whatever is accepted... Thanks in advance.

RoxasDe

Smash Cadet
Try using Peach. Her veggies are a good weapon againts him. Another good match up is Ike Olimar and Zelda.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Try using Peach. Her veggies are a good weapon againts him. Another good match up is Ike Olimar and Zelda.
..Uh, no.
Marth ***** Zelda, & beats Peach, Ike & Olimar.

Vs Marth if they're just fairing once with a SH you can SH airdodge through it and get inside. Then ****. Don't get grabbed because Marth can grab release you into stuff. If they don't know about grab releasing MK then your advantage goes up.

If you're trying to edge guard him, and you KNOW he's gonna counter, just bait it. When the counter frames are over, you can dair him and then he shouldn't be able to recover.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Peach vs Marth is at least 60:40 in Marth's favor. Some Peach mains say 65:35, but I'll say 60:40, maybe.

The bottom line is, Peach sucks vs Marth. Badly.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
This is factual. I = Peach main who has studied all of her match ups profusely.

You = someonewho obviously needs to look into MUs. But, I'll humor you.

What makes Peach beat Marth in your book?

EDIT: REALLY, KAFFEI!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
This is factual. I = Peach main who has studied all of her match ups profusely.

You = someonewho obviously needs to look into MUs. But, I'll humor you.

What makes Peach beat Marth in your book?

EDIT: REALLY, KAFFEI!
?? lol .

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I am pretty sure marth boards view the peach match up as even or close to it.

THIS IS NOT A PEACH BOARD THOUGH

and metaknights who can't beat marth makes me go LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"without him as a player I would be trash"

you shouldn't lose to anyone as MK even MK as it is even your obviously being outplayed

get better

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I am pretty sure marth boards view the peach match up as even or close to it.

THIS IS NOT A PEACH BOARD THOUGH

and metaknights who can't beat marth makes me go LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"without him as a player I would be trash"

you shouldn't lose to anyone as MK even MK as it is even your obviously being outplayed

get better
so m2k must suck because mikehaze beats him sometimes.
inb4 sometimes

Clel

Smash Journeyman
¬¬ this is not a peach vs marth thread lol
Marth vs MK is IMPOSSIBLE for marth, most of what Marth needs to win is IMPOSSIBLE to pull off. If Marth beats the MK pigs will begin flying, and flying pigs are IMPOSSIBLE much like this quite possibly IMPOSSIBLE matchup. I think it's 80:20 MK and that's being generous, cause as I said before it's IMPOSSIBLE!!! Peach vs Marth is a cakewalk for peach compared to the EXTREME DIFFICULTY that Marth has with MK. So yeah with no beating around the bush lets get right into it:

Marth gets outspaced by MK. MK's Ftilt outranges all of Marth's moves aside from like fsmash or somethin like that. Not only does Ftilt outrange most of Marth's arsenal, it also outspeeds it. So space ftilt, if Marth jumps nado him. Don't spam nado mindlessly, critically think as you spam it cause Marth can Dolphin slash it or shield and punish with Dancing blade. Remember that if you're near him have control, otherwise don't be near him. Tippers hurt pretty badly but as long as you don't get tipper fsmash'd or dsmash'd, don't get grabbed, and don't die off of something stupid the matchup becomes IMPOSSILBE for Marth.

When he's recovering from below the stage make sure to grab the ledge when he wants to dolphin slash onto it. Get the timing down so he must land on stage where you can then jump from the ledge and punish his landing with Nair, at high enough percent he'll either get hit and have to recover again or die. If he's recovering high shuttle loop, it's the biggest threat to the matchup - he HAS to avoid it, if he gets hit by it he'll have to recover from a bad angle, and Marth's recover is BALLS, and MK's edgeguard is GENIUS. I can be at like 120% with them at 60% and not care, cause Marths suck when their opponent is really good at avoiding Marth's kill moves.

When you're recovering it's pretty simple. Don't use B to recover unless it's unexpected. No nados, no shuttle loops, no drill rushes, jump to the ledge and ease your way back on.

If you're still having trouble with Marths or you just want to be a douchebag, get the lead and then force him to approach, Marth is really bait and punish so he's done! BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!! I almost forgot the really bad news for Marth, if he's off stage and doesn't have a jump one he HAS to avoid dair because it can lead to a gimp even at early percents.

And there we have it, another Marth killing MK is born...

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
um I didn't say M2K sucked simply that he was outplayed in a match

again as MK in a neutral stage(really more like halberd vs snake) you have no excuse to lose to anyone, you simply got outplayed

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
LOL
ten LOLs
By "win" i should have said that marth has the advantage in the match up. i wasnt clear enough. AND the marth boards are re discussing peach right now and the general consensus (i think) is thats its 55:45 marth.

etecoon

Smash Hero
again as MK in a neutral stage(really more like halberd vs snake) you have no excuse to lose to anyone, you simply got outplayed
getting outplayed is a perfectly valid reason for losing though

UR MK U HAVE NO EXCUSE TO LOSE TO NEONE!!!! is dumb, the ban movement made so many people more ******** than they already were :/

By "win" i should have said that marth has the advantage in the match up. i wasnt clear enough. AND the marth boards are re discussing peach right now and the general consensus (i think) is thats its 55:45 marth.
still laughing hysterically at marth only losing to MK and DDD

Kaffei

Smash Hero
They just win cause the MKs don't know the truth behind the matchup, the moment everyone knows it Marth's gunna drop 3 tiers just because of how bad MK ***** him.
LOLOLOLOLOLLOOLoolloololloOLOL

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Peach vs Marth is agreed to be around 55:45 in Marth's favor. Easily winnable for both characters.

Also, to reply to the TC:

If you think he is gonna jump, nado. Nado destroys Marth, because fair would actually be a very strong asset if not for the fact that you risked eating a nado every time you use it. Offstage, bait counter and shuttle loop or nair/dair.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Seriously, in Brawl, you can't **** Marth with MK unless you know how to. It's like Dedede vs DK, Dedede only autowins if he knows about the infinite. This is Brawl, where Matchup experience matters more than pure tech skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom