• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

t3H SUP3RR TREEDDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
actually...i dont even recal reading about a time limit on FS i know people can knock it out of u...but i dont think theres a time limit. so if they try to stall then...wth is the point of them again? it ends up being a waste..sooo that leads to them having to knock it out of u. or force u to use it. and some of them arent exactly "easy to dodge" actually... a lot of them are fuxin huge >.>
That's why it's gonna take strategy. If the player with the FS is smarter, they can set it up and hit with it. If the person running away from the FS is smarter, they'll be able get away from it.

You keep saying it's a waste, but now I think it's the perspective you're looking at it from. From the person using it/WASTING it? If you were Samus and had a final smash and I got away from you, it would be a waste because you weren't able to land it. It would be YOUR fault. A Final Smash is only good if the person who is able to use it plays smart and sets it up.

Some of them are considerably easy to dodge.. Peach's final smash only make people fall asleep if they're on the ground, so if they're in the air or on the edge, it won't work. Ike and Metaknight's FS has limited range. Samus, Link and Mario's FS's are purely vertical, and if you're fighting on any stage with good platforms, they're easiliy avoidable.

FS's aren't broken or unfair. Almost every aspect of it takes skill.

Crooked Crow

lol <_< At the start of Brawl, people should at least give it a chance. If it doesn't work, then it will be taken out.

Desh.

Smash Lord
thank you!!!

andy...if u think about it...there are only THREE different scenarios in wich smash ball is used and only ONE actually makes a difference in a match.

lets put this out. player a is winning by 2 stock or w.e and player b is losing.

scenario 1. Player a gets the smash ball and wins
DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE HE WOULD'VE WON ANYWAYS CUZ HE HAS BETTER SKILL.

scenario 2. Player b gets smash ball and wins by retardedness
MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT AN UNFAIR OUTCOME. PLAYER B DIDNT WIN BY SKILL HE WON BY GETTING SMASH BALL AND MAKING SOME LUCKY *** COME BACK EVEN THOUGH PLAYER A IS BETTER.

scenario 3. Player b gets the smash ball and misses and loses anyways
DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE HE WOULD HAVE LOST ANYWAYS. (unless scenario 2 occured and he hit.)

so lets see. those are literally the only possible scenarios really... only one makes a difference...but that difference isnt right...ESPECIALLY in a tourny. if someone gets knocked out cuz some1 got a free stock and wins somehow by fluke...doesnt mean hes better.

edit: lol.....no

sorry manz i tried rofl.

Crooked Crow

You've used pretty much the exact same argument and I already gave points against it.
There's probably a lot of different scenarios, and it doesn't change the fact that every aspect of the smash ball and final smash take skill to use properly.

Just give it a freakin chance when the game comes out and stop thinking like a tourneyphag right now

Desh.

Smash Lord
and you havent been able to give me any other possible scenario...and what points against it =/

i'll play with it sometimes casually...but i intend to play by tourny rules ...and come on...we know the odds of them being in are slim to none >.>

Crooked Crow

Odds of them being in are slim to none? LOL okay there.. We don't KNOW that. It's not a fact.
That's why you have to keep an open mind about it. At first, I didn't like it either.

okay heres a few scenarios

Person A is winning Person B is losing, Smash ball appears
-Person A goes after smashball is his main goal because he feels like being an ***
--Person B wants to fight for the smash ball
---Person A wins
----Person A misses the FS because Person B wasn't a *******
-----Person A calls the FS useless and never wants to use it again
--Person B focuses on attack Person A and not letting him get the smashball
---nobody gets the smashball
----Person A is at a high percentage and Person B kills him, making it a tie
-----Person B wins because Person A was stupid
---Person B wins the smashball
----Person B hits with the FS, making it a tie
---Person B wins
----Person B could not hit with the Smash ball
-nobody goes after the smash ball
--Smash ball is gone
-Person B wants to go for the Smashball, while playing as defensively as he can
--Person B was successful and gets the Smashball
---Person A is able to avoid it by playing smart
-Person A goes after the smashball
--Person A hits the smashball and hits it at an angle that makes it not go to Person B
---Person A gets FS
-Person B goes after smashball
--Smashball goes off the edge and Person B tries to go after it
---Person A lets him
----Person B gets the FS and tries to go back to the stage
-----Person A can edgeguard him
------(this scenario would be so crazy)Person B USES the final smash to get through the edgeguard

You cannot seriously think there are only 3 scenarios.
Every step of a scenario can branch off to another, depending on the character, the stage, the player's technical skill and ability to react to the situation.

I'm done for tonight. I have a project to finish and I need to eat and sleep <_<
This **** argument is distracting lol

Desh.

Smash Lord
notice how like 90% of them end in one of the 3 ways though ? >.>
its just different path to getting there. =/

plus as far as i know from talk on irc, and on the boards and just general talk FS = nay for most people >.>

Crooked Crow

WTF? Why are you being so picky?

You vs Me - 1on1
hmm, a million different things or scenarios could happen in that match
Oh, but they can only end in like 3 ways, nvm

Wow, because of this argument, I'm now Pro-Final Smashes in competitive play.
Before I didn't really care. Thanks, Chris >=[

Desh.

Smash Lord
lolololol well its true. with smash balls theres actually, sorry. FOUR possible FINAL situations. as in. i dont care HOW it happens lol...it'll always end in one of them

players a uses smash balll and wins
player a uses smashballl but misses and wins anyways
player b uses smashball and wins even though he not the better player but w.e
and player b uses smashball and misses and loses anyways.

they always end in one of them above. but now see..like i said. the only situation that would be DIFFERENT if there were no smashballs..would be situation 3. wich is completely unfair.
idoubt u'll disagreee with the fact that if u lose because someone got a free stock off you just cuz they were losing and they got lucky afterwards is gey. especially if u honestly are the better player.

but see...all the other situations would be the same in melee and in brawl. the better player wins.

so basically the only time smash balls make a difference in game (and i'm talkin about the result of a match...the process to getting there doesnt matter. ) is when they crappy player makes a h0m0 unfair comeback cuz he got a pity smash/or FS or w.e.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=122390 <<<<<< lookie and see what people think =]

edit: a few points i saw were mentioned on the brawl boards...
1. it MIGHT bring esploding crates/barrels back.
2. Its not fair for the reasons i've put but its also unfair cuz theres like really amazing unmissable FS's and then theres those crappy ones...so it really outbalances things.
3. teams tourny...hmmmmm team attack is on in team as always...*FS* kills ur partner.

WIGI

Smash Champion
what about player a uses smashball and misses btu looses anyways?
player a hits with smashball but looses anyways
player b misses with smash ball and wins anyways
player b hits with smashball and looses anyways

and who says player b isn't a better player than player a? ( no offense A )

your so narrow minded. and just cuz sumone comes into thsi thread, posts twice that he agrees with you, doesn't make you right. we have strong arguments here. we need a judge and jurry. My e-mial box waas so spammedi loled. adn facebook. got tagged in like 10 pictures.

COntroller update:.. well mine is done, just wating for it to cure.

chris.. yours has primer on it. congrats lol.

Desh.

Smash Lord
k buddy ..read much i already put previously that in my situation...PLAYER A IS WINNING BY 2 STOCKS. read. plix. i put that player a is the better player.
and having an opinion from a player whos been in tourny scene for hella llonger then us and knows better if it will work means a lot more then u think.

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol just cuz a is winning doesn't make him better. anyways school time. oh, and everything i say is fully substatiated by my own opinion.

Desh.

Smash Lord
no i actually said "a is better player" roflcoptarz xD
but anyways.
no fs in tourny play =/ no one except few want it in =/
plus it can only help someone who isnt winning...all it does for the person who is winning is speeds things up.

Geist

Smash Master
yeh desh btw youve been ahead of me by 2 stocks + at least once in your life. you never mention, what if the people are evenly matched?
The game isnt just :
this happens>so this happens>then that leads to this.

Here is a good example of something close to the final smash concept. anyone here play DefJam FFNY?
Blazin moves = final smash. If I get a blazin(my character's blazin move is about a 2HKO.), all of the sudden my opponent is all defensive and evasive, acting smart, or just combos the **** outta me until it expires.

either way, for tourneys im sticking with my idea of having it as a separate section.
like for example, standard tourney, low tier, doubles, standard tourney w/FS, low tier w/FS, doubles w/FS.
that way no one has to ***** anymore because if they dont want to spend their **** money on a tourney with FS they dont have to.

btw chris when you pick me and andy up remember to bring stephens gc. hes leaving it at your house.
WITH the memory card that its coming with AND mine. WIGI....>.>

EDITZORZ: why is the b-town thread full of 2starness? >.> hatars.

WIGI

Smash Champion
*** chris i acidentaly painted your plug blue instead of white. that ok? il pst pics of evrything when i get home from ym g's tonight. if yoru really anal about it, i can change it to white.

ITS FULL OF 2 STARTS CUZ WE YELL AT EACHOTHER!

Geist

Smash Master
yelling makes the world go round.
anyways...tomorrows friday. and that = yay.
I got everything together for steves...
btw steve you have a scanner right? im using it please.

Desh.

Smash Lord
lol yea if its not too much trouble could u change it ? D= ...if u dont want to its ight.
and enough with the fkn FS thing....its getting too long...difference of opin ions w.e but items in smash regardless of peoples opinions just wont happen =/.
i unno about FS i just hope its not in.

but yea. if u can wigi make the whire white =3
if not...oh wellz. i WANNAAA SEEEE =D

Geist

Smash Master
yo guys check this out.

brawl at E for all vids:
samus vs. peach- yes that is samus in the dark suit. yes it is sexi, and yes, zamus is pretty fast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiBDV9Xu9c

dark link vs sonic vs samus vs ike- coolest background in a stage EVER.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BOtMayVuVg

links final smash= pure ownage coolness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mByTv1MOGj0&feature=related

for steve - pit vs dark link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdrxsikX4A

metaknight vs fox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjCvWyomKFQ

and apparently someone named Jupiter found out something called the "Jshine", which is faster than shine cancelling >.> no videos about that though.

Geist

Smash Master
cool. i didnt know. but I dont think desh has seen them. i didnt know links FS had that little knockback >.>

anyone who hasn't watched any should.

btw STEVE what time do I come over? asap or at like...i dunno 6:30?

Geist

Smash Master
I have seen them. and also
STEVE UR **** I'M CHANGING MY PW. U JERK.

lolololz steve. are you serious :laugh:

anyways, links FS is 1337, but i didnt know it sucked so much for knockback 0.0
most of the FS there actually looked like they were weaker than jiggs rest, so forget what I said >.>

Dark suit samus is pwn.

Desh.

Smash Lord
I DID QUITE A BIT OF PWNAGE TODAI ;]

i won 3 out of 4 3p ffa's
i beat and in a best of 3 set. then he extended it to a best of 5 ...and took that too =]
then u anal ***** me in our link-yl match.

ummmm we got about 1:30 mins of recording done today. finally >.> although i did pretty ****ty in like the only set i got recorded lol xD...abel andhis fkn laz0rz >.> i needa learn to deal w/ lazor spam better...and improve on dealing with spam all together. bren i have ur gc and mem card. i'll bring it saturday.

Desh.

Smash Lord
any1 wanna do doubles w/ me on saturday? i needa partner =/

steve? wiisuxx?
andy? ***** box?
steve? flaming desh?
bren? that team we'v e never played as?
someone?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wow I just realized there's like 4 pages I missed.

Also, no teams. I'm still debating on Singles.

ANDY and BRENDON....what time are you coming tomorrow?

Desh.

Smash Lord
mfg . dont make me pick u up and not even enter anything >.> i agree w/ mike in the gta thread.

people who come and dont enter anything just slow whats supposed to be done down.

Crooked Crow

about the FS thing, Chris..
First, you're complaining about how they're completely useless and there's only like 3 scenarios, and then I completely pwn that "theory", and then you complain about the outcome?
WTF? HOW MANY FINAL OUTCOMES CAN THERE BE? You either win or lose.
If the FS was "useless" and the scenarios would all be "the same" and the outcomes would be "the same" what about like, EVERY OTHER MOVE IN THE GAME?
Oh look it's a rest. You can only either hit or miss with it. That's 2 options
oh look, it's a forward smash. You can either----- OH WAIT. EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IS LIKE THAT, but each move serves it's purpose and can be used in different ways.

In Melee, Fox's shine was probably MUCH more threatening that Final Smashes. But wait, by your logic it's pointless. I mean, it could miss or it could hit. There's only like.. 2 possible situations?! It has to have like 15 to make it useful. Should we just ban it or something? Oh ****, matches can only end in 2 ways. It's pointless. Let's just rolls dice instead, the same amount of chance and luck and outcomes are like, fair or something! It's quicker too! that makes it useful ^_^

Item's most likely will still be banned from tournaments. I know that. But Final Smashes aren't items. They're a part of the character's moveset. There's just a different way of using it. Stop treating them like items.

lmfao Steve. I guess the Brawl boards aren't ready for the forward smash yet. But when it gets confirmed, we'll be laughing in their faces. =]
And uh... tomorrow.. I'll probably go home and eat first or something, and come by at like.. 4-5? By 6, it'll be too dark or something lol

Oh yeah, today was fun lol hope we can see the recorded matches soon =]
HURRY UP ABEL

Desh.

Smash Lord
lol but FS is an item? except in terms of pity smash?
it doesnt have its own button combination. its only available through and ITEM ...or if u suck =/ (or are losing)
just thought i'de point out that unless ur losing...it is an item xD

or else it cant be used.

also realize that if u have the FS it overrides ur normal special moves. so those are all unnavailable while u have it. so once again. until its actually part of a move set. like say "nair" is an attack...a FS is "hit item"
or "be losing"

also i know...but i wish i coulda recorded more matches...i played pretty crap in the only seti played xD

i wish i recorded me n andy's set xD

Crooked Crow

The Final Smash itself is not an item. It's an actual move. The smash ball is considered an item, but it doesn't work like every other item.
Just because a person is close to it when it spawns doesn't mean that they automatically get it.
There are a lot of reasons why people didn't accept items in Melee and that is because of that.

wtf is so great about a button combination? if you cared so much about them, go play street fighters or something.
Honestly, EVERY move in smash is nothing more than hitting 2 buttons at the same time.
And the Final Smash trigger is the special move button. It would be "B" on the gamecube controller, so you can still use "A" moves to combo into the Final Smash.

Desh.

Smash Lord
all i'm saying is that it cant be considered part of a move set unless u have it when u start a match. what ur saying by ur logic is that if items are on and i pick up a box. throwing it is suddenly part of my moveset? no. its an item that lets u pick it up and throw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom