• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

t3H SUP3RR TREEDDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desh.

Smash Lord
yeah. but its about a 50/50 split between skill and luck. Trust me. i know poker takes skill. but literally EVERY poker match weighs heavily on luck.

p.s are u painting my baby tonight? sorry i dun remember =/ oh and whats the buttons look like =o

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol yeah. im taking this way out of context, not saying im wrong, but we shouldn't realy be discussing poker. my bad. uhm, if by painting you mean anotehr coat of primer? then yes yes i am. i don't have your blue yet anyways, hopefuly il get it tomorow. and right now im painting my buttons, and ive already screwed up once, fixed it easily, but stil, id ratehr learn from mistakes on my controler, so i don't make any mistakes on yours. il post a pic of my finished controlar in a cuple days, and the proges on yours everytime i do sumthing new.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
you're comparing gambeling to something that takes an extreme amount of skill.
no. leave.

anyone with luck can win a poker tournament.

i wanna see someone with luck win a smash tourny.

ok and pyro i guess i worded that incorrectly.

if you have fun playing melee...and you dont have fun playing brawl w/o FS....ur weird.
My response is still the same.

It's a new game, so what I think is fun could be something else too. I'm not playing Brawl the same way I play Melee. No way at all.

So stop being a TourneyPhag and looking down on other people's beliefs and play styles.

Desh.

Smash Lord
all i'm asking is give me a scenario where FS wont be completely useless in competitive smashing. >.>
and my scenario may be the worst case scenario...but its the only scenario in wich it can actually effect a match.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
In your situation on the page earlier, you're saying that if you die, and a smash ball spawns, the other person will get it before the person comes back from death.
Have you even seen videos? It's going to take a LOT more than that much amount of time to break a smash ball.
And you're only thinking about the worst case scenarios, and they seems kind of.. impossible.
Be a little optimistic about the idea of FS's.. They looks really cool, and getting the Smash ball could even take strategy.
It'd be dumb to just go after it, because your opponent would be on your *ss.

Stop thinking about "the worst case scenarios" and at least give it a chance.
The Smash ball and Final Smashes adds a new level of depth in the game.

Desh.

Smash Lord
"depth"? its like negative "depth" its a chase for a ball and the person who gets it gets to take a stock. its anti depth. -_-

and if someone is on ur *** when ur trying to get a smash ball theyre just an idiot. wth is hitting u gonna do when ur hitting something that can give u the oppurtunity to get a full stock of him.

i doubt people will be attacking u when u getting the FS they'll be attacking it too.

Crooked Crow

WHAT? Your opponent attacking you and comboing you while all you think about is getting the smash ball and ignoring them isn't going to stop you from getting it? You're actually getting more damage, and possibly losing a stock because you're thinking like that.

And just because you have the ability to use the Final Smash, doesn't automatically mean you get a stock off of them. You don't just use it when you get it. It takes strategy to set your opponent up to use it for FS's like Link and Samus. (If you're Pit, it probably doesn't matter though <_< lol)

Think of it like.. DK or Samus' neutral b charging moves. You only charge them up when you have some spare time, which is rare, and you don't just use it.. you have to carefully set up for it, otherwise it's wasted.

So Smash balls and Final Smashes aren't as simple as you're saying it is.
You have to strategically get the smash ball or keep it away from your opponent. You have to set up to use it. You only have a limited time to use it, or you'll miss your chance. If you take too long or you're hit too much while you have it, it's gone.

You make it sound so simple, easy to use, and broken.

Desh.

Smash Lord
k that may be true. but also consider this...final smashes really are USELESS except for the person losing the match. cuz obviously in most cases..if ur losing...u lost.....possible come back is meh....but FS helps that.

a FS doesnt do ANYTHING for the person winning the match >.>
so why not just give a handi cap?

Geist

Smash Master
I understand why you would want the CDs, but not the stickers <_< I never even cared about trophies in melee lol
stickers and trophys are leet end of discussion.

LMFAO NUTELLA OWNS SO SHUT UP. <3
agreed

i disagree completely =/
it may be a different title but keep in mind its still smash >.>
yes we all know you have a biased grudge against nintendo. you say they need to improve from minigames and when they do you criticize their every move.
I am keeping in mind that its still smash. you have to realize that other people besides hardcore tourney players smash. you can turn FS off so stfu pliz. its getting annoying.

if your losing, you're clearly not skilled enough to win. no "second chances" if you lose u deserve to. if you lose cuz someone got a stock on u from a FS and then u screwed up a tech and died....isnt right.
if you miss a tech you're obviously not skilled enough and deserved to SD. =/

face it. it CAN give an unfair advantage. especially if the person WINNING gets it.
so what happened to "if they lose its their fault"? If the looser sucks too much to get the FS then they deserved it. If they suck to much to dodge it then they deserved it.

OMG he beat me! my life is OVER!! *sobs in corner uncontrollably*

and notice the point of competitive SMASH (not ssbM. overall SMASH) is indeed to see who is better skillfully? (along with having fun but if ur not having fun playing smash w/o FS ur weird. sorry lol.)

also show me another scenario that isnt completely useless?
anything else besides your example.
how many times do you have to contradict your own words?

you're comparing gambeling to something that takes an extreme amount of skill.
anyone with luck can win a poker tournament..
you couldnt be more wrong. you talk like luck actually exists, when its actually "a perception of events from the perspective from one's own preparedness." luck isnt physical and actions always have consiquences.

i wanna see someone with luck win a smash tourny..
here is an example YOU YOURSELF PROVIDED!!! =D
someones winning 3-1 in stocks.
they screw up a tech. and die. While they are dying/ respawning or w.e...smash bawl spawns. person losing (now 2-1 stock) breaks smash bawl while the winning side clearly cannot get it. when invinsibility wears off. *bam* suddenly its a tie.

the thing is the games been really floated up. everything lighter. so like 1 FS =death.
its just that FS can give a really unfair advantage.
even if its like a 1 in 100 chance or more... =/
and actually, though the characters are more floaty, everyone knows that it takes longer to kill someone and they die at a higher percent. if you took the time to actually read up about it you would also learn that most final smashes are, slow, hard to place.
The ones that are easy to place will rarely 1hko. most are around the strength of jigg's rest.

if you have fun playing melee...and you dont have fun playing brawl w/o FS....ur weird.
no one said it would suck without it either. less assumptions pliz. people have a different tempo for different games. if I wanted to solely compete in melee, and play for fun in brawl, that would be called an opinion.

stop trying to thrash brawl, voicing your opinion is fine, but your always against EVERYTHING. its getting kind of annoying.
at least stop constantly picking at the tiny and unsignificant parts that can be easily avoided them (ie. turning them off.)

i loled at tourney ****. lolz. lets go with that. xD

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol i love lucas's final smash. looks so 1337. im definatly considering him as a main/secondary otehr than wigi. cuz i loved ness, hes just not very good, lucas has definatly improved that methinks.

Desh.

Smash Lord
? lol bren dont come charging into a debate that u havent been in lmfaaooo
first of all i already SAID there isnt only competitive smash . all i SAID was that they would be useless/ or give an unfair advantage in tourny play. there really isnt any other scenarios.

its either winning guy gets FS and wins
or Losing guy gets FS and wins
or Losing guy get FS and loses

and ok.... jiggs's rest is enough to kill a lot of players @ 0%. and jiggs's rest isnt exactly EASY to place. The fact charactars are more floaty makes it an easier kill. and the fact that its a HELL of a lot easier to place a FS then a rest isnt helping ur arguement either.

I'm not saying anyone said it would suck without it.

ur getting a lil too personal with the "stfu" ' s lol...its just discussion holy crap... xP
u over react sooooo insanely easily rofl.

Geist

Smash Master
1 sec desh just owned his own words again xD

k that may be true. but also consider this...final smashes really are USELESS except for the person losing the match. cuz obviously in most cases..if ur losing...u lost.....possible come back is meh....but FS helps that.

a FS doesnt do ANYTHING for the person winning the match >.>
so why not just give a handi cap?
LOL ok lemme get this straight.

Summary of Desh's "FS is ghey" arguments

1. If winner gets FS = no fair and stupid
2. FS does nothing for winner
3. Pity FS is stupid, because if the loser is losing its because they arent good enough to win in the first place.
4. If the winner screws up and kills themselves, its not their fault.
5.The looser making a comeback because of #4 is stupid.
6. Evening out the skill between smashers is stupid.

if you wanna use handicaps instead, cool. do it. in the mean time...
make sense please.

Back on topic. WIGI have you got permission to go to the GTA yet?
hurry it up.

Desh.

Smash Lord
wigi when ur done painting a coat of the buttons could u post em? =D i'm curious /anxcious

k bren make sense please? if u read my situation properly ...if he had screwed up the tech...yea its his fault...but then again hes the better player but he made a mistake. no big deal cuz he'd still be ahead by a stock =o (he was clearly outplaying the opposing player...but ..OH WAIT.he has a pity smash or FS =o now its a tie =/ its now at even things even though the other person clearly out played the person...HOW IN THE HELL IS THIS FAIR?=/

better question...HOW IS USING FS TO EVEN OUT PLAYERS FAIR?

and my arguements were

1. if the person already winning gets the FS doesnt make a dif in the match..making it useless.
2. if the losing player ends up winning from the results of the example above. its definitely not fair.
3. pity fs is dumb. if you cant win a match without basically getting a free stock off someone you just shouldnt win.
4. the loser making comeback because of TWO . is stupid.
5. evening out a match with FS?...DEFINITELY STUPID.

i'm not trashing brawl..i understand how its a different game but once again keep in mind its smash. i AM just voicing my opinion and discussing it with b-town...jesus christ ..>

Crooked Crow

I was actually going to have Ness as one of my mains, but after what happened in that 1v2 thing, I just stopped playing him LOL <_<

Stop saying that Final Smashes are USELESS.. That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen you consistently post on these boards. Final Smashes could be really good, or really "useless" depending on the person who uses. If you use it strategically, if could help in your favour, otherwise, it really is "useless" or a waste of a move.
Handicap actually gives the person the advantage. Final Smash could go either way..

If the person winning the match gets a Final Smash and uses it well, it pretty much gives him more chances of victory, or the person losing could try to do something smart and try making it even by making use of it.

Honestly, stop being so narrow minded and making it seem that Final Smashes are one-sided.

Geist

Smash Master
^^^^^^^^ =)
k bren make sense please? if u read my situation properly ...if he had screwed up the tech...yea its his fault...but then again hes the better player but he made a mistake. no big deal cuz he'd still be ahead by a stock =o (he was clearly outplaying the opposing player...but ..OH WAIT.he has a pity smash or FS =o now its a tie =/ its now at even things even though the other person clearly out played the person...HOW IN THE HELL IS THIS FAIR?=/

better question...HOW IS USING FS TO EVEN OUT PLAYERS FAIR?
lol fair grounds, thats why. a 1 sided match is b-o-r-i-n-g. tension makes things more fun.
how im i not making sense im just typing down what you said. im having trouble understanding why you dont turn the option off.

yeh my bad for overreacting. ever try to type when your mom was nagging standing right behind you? =P
its hard not to get pissed. no johns.

Desh.

Smash Lord
it could go either way . ur right. it could either give some1 an unfair advantage in some situations. or it could not make a difference and be a waste of a move.

also edit on my previous post^^^^^

bren. we UNDERSTAND U CAN TURN IT OFF.
we're talking about wether it will be used in tourny play..

Crooked Crow

Final Smashes are easier to land than Jigglypuff's rest?
When you have a Final Smash, your opponent KNOWS that you can use it.
They'll be very defensive. They can just stay out of your range and your time will run out,
or if they're able to get a good combo on you, it's gone.

Jigglypuff ALWAYS has her rest, and she can sneak it in at any time in the match.

Desh.

Smash Lord
k...so basically ....ur only point in that is that u can lose ur FS..
cuz last time i checked ur opponent KNOWS you have a rest just like a FS

Geist

Smash Master
bren. we UNDERSTAND U CAN TURN IT OFF.
we're talking about wether it will be used in tourny play..
i understand you understand. i know what your talking about too.
or else I wouldnt have barged in.

in tourneys you can ban a stage, so you should be able to agree that final smashes are off.
You are also drifting off more to the argument of whether FSing is ok in ANY match.

In tourneys, imo i think having different categories includin final smash would be better.(example: low tier, normal, doubles, with FS)
it shouldnt take the standard, but by no means is it useless.

And chris, I understand you're voicing an opinion, but basically with the side you've been constantly taking, I can safely predict the next feature that is presented you wil naturally be against.
voicing an opinion is fine, but its annoying if its constantly negative all the time.
like german judges at the olympics.
We also have the right to disagree with you.

Desh.

Smash Lord
fair enough i never said that but ur all like RAWR lol

and also whats this luck isnt really bs.

if u play high card low card. u shuffle a deck of 52 cards. each person pulls 1 card.

so 2 cards have been randomly pulled from a deck.

the LUCKY one. wins

explain to me how luck isnt real. its part of life.

edit: bren or steve...do u remember how long it took to drive from my house to davids?
i'm tryna figure out when to leave cuz i'm coming from woodbridge >.>

Desh.

Smash Lord
this is a good time to tell you to shaddap and its not happening. sorrry but i promised people i'de not listen to any1's opinionn and that not knowing how ****s working is best.

WIGI

Smash Champion
alright controllar update:

at the present time i have already applied the second caot of primer, after i light sanding the colour wil be ready to be applied. so that means i have to go buy it. anyways heres a pic of desh stuf after the second primeringness.

ok kewl yeah. anywyas. buttons you say?

well heres a sneak peak at my refurbished controller. you can see the green l+r buttons next to my shiny new greenenss.( due to me fcking up and having to redo it)

aha.. yes... lol.

and now ladies and gentlemen, we have the bakc half of my controler in white, clear coat already applied in person it is very smooth and shiny. as are the bottons it is next to.. but all the pcis i took of bottons were blury. so deal with it.

yes yes.. well. looks betetr in person i garentee you. dehs im acualy exited to make your controllar blue soon. it will look pretty pimpin. ept not pink. 0o0o0 that be sick. hto pink controller withhhh... 1 orange botton one green button, L gold r silver. 2 c sticks and a missing y button. so pimp....(pause)...NOT.

Crooked Crow

If you have an FS, you'll want to use it before the time runs out, won't you? You can only use Final Smash when you have it, and we don't even know how often those come into battle.
FS is VERY obvious.

If your opponent is able to dodge the FS or stall for enough time, they don't have to be as defensive. The FS is over. You don't have to worry about it, while Rest is always there. Jigglypuff can combo most characters really well and lead it up to a Rest.

Getting the smash ball isn't luck.
When you hit it, it flies off in the opposite direction, and your opponent could get it..
Hitting with the final smash isn't luck. Dodging it isn't luck. Pretty much every aspect of it will take skill, which is why Final Smashes do have a chance.

Geist

Smash Master
luck is not a physical thing or object, it isnt transferred through people like energy.
Luck is a perception, and thats it.
good Luck could be winning the lottery bad luck is getting hit by a bolt of lightning.
Both have around the same odds, but why is one considered "bad"? perception.

Luck isnt a part of life, chance is. people say you can improve your "luck by doing certain things or wearing certain objects, but the odds dont change.

There are alot of factors that would lead into the smash ball appearing, right as the annonymous winner SDs. the timing is bad, and the odds are low, but wearing your lucky pair of underwear wasnt going to make that smash ball NOT appear.

luck can also be seen as pure perception, example, you get a blue bouncy ball in one of those quarter machines at toys r us and I get a swirly one. we both think the other is "lucky"
if we alternated order in getting these bouncyballs, we would have ended up with what we thought was "good luck"

i dont think passing by a black cat is unlucky. even if 10 seconds later i step in a bucket of paint. what if the cat was orange, or green? the lazy *** painter who left his bucket open on the ground hours ago would still be there.

its just a simple misconception between chance and luck.
I hope you understand now.
If you dont... EXKYUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM
am i right andy? lulz.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i promised people i'de not listen to any1's opinionn.

yeh no kiddin? your doing it quite well xD

And im just saying.. ranks havn't been updated in 2 weeks, before they were constantly changing. twas fun. and i wated a LONG time to try your system. but anywho im enjoying this spamgument of final smashes.

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol bren rememebr when i flipped out at the teacher in like grade 8 when we discuseed Fate/free will and teh topic of luck. lol twas funny. my argument for luck went pretty much the same as yours. it is posible to be lucky, but thats by one persons veiwpoint. starving kid is lucky to eat. but ther is no luck, no good or bad, nothing effects luck. luck to me is just chance. at are the odds the dice wil roll 7. being lucky is just the 7 rolling out at a good time, witch is alos just a chance.

lol after i read this, i thought i was saying the f word.. but ir was just luck lol. FLlCK OFF
thelights

Crooked Crow

If you dont... EXKYUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS.
am i right andy? lulz.
LMFAO YES.

And Chris, that thing about you not listening to other people's opinions..????
That's just being narrow-minded. Actually think about what other people are saying and what makes sense =/
Otherwise, your mind will just be clouded with nonsense and biasness lol

Geist

Smash Master
wigi gets my theology. luck doesnt exist physically, but only what we make of it ourselves.
btw how the hell do you roll a 7 wigi? 0.0

well excuuuuuuse me princess.
double link. (pun intended)

while we're kinda on the jiggs rest thingymabob, id like to point out that kirby, pichu, jigglypuff (and G&W on small stage)
are the only characters that get O%KOd.

your kirby wass fuuuuuuuuunnny. kirby \/B + me waiting + kirby \/B lag + rest = chris getting pissed.

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhmm duh.. with 2 dice. as in the gambling game. were you have to rol a 7. and you win ltos of money. and in movies always has the slow mo dice bouncing down the table.

well.,.. tehre is one type of luck. used in the fraise:

Desh got LUCKY last night. :p

:p

get it? cuz like. the only time hed get laid was if he got lucky.... bah nvrmind. i thought it was funny.

Desh.

Smash Lord
actually...i dont even recal reading about a time limit on FS i know people can knock it out of u...but i dont think theres a time limit. so if they try to stall then...wth is the point of them again? it ends up being a waste..sooo that leads to them having to knock it out of u. or force u to use it. and some of them arent exactly "easy to dodge" actually... a lot of them are fuxin huge >.>

also wigi...buttons looks sik =D but wheres x l and r and a

but YAY =D
i cant wait to see how my desh logo turns out..could u try n show me adrawing of how it'll look tomorrow if ur ocming tomorrow...also..so far people coming tomor:

me pyro zack stephen abel dan andy (wigi?)...i think thats it =/

Geist

Smash Master
uhmm duh.. with 2 dice. as in the gambling game. were you have to rol a 7. and you win ltos of money. and in movies always has the slow mo dice bouncing down the table.
right.>.>
i really need to sleep.
C ya later guys. its been fun debating.>.>

ONE MORE TIME

Stephen better leave his GC at Chris's house. :mad:

Four more times.

Desh.

Smash Lord
andy i meant i have to ignore people complaints/suggestions about RANKS. and i never put that there. steve did. i'm just following what rules are. i tried listening to people. whadda mistake >.> (jk.)

WIGI

Smash Champion
the otehr buttons are just to the right of the pic. of camera. they look pretty much the same as the others, its ahrd to see the letters now.. bt hey, we shal se how they turn out.
anyways bedtime for meh. no im not coming tomorow. i have a body i mean errr back massage to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom