• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

t3H SUP3RR TREEDDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desh.

Smash Lord
i dont feel any perkier then i normaly am?:S
several times?? oh u mean those time that didnt happen before me or wigi REALLY started playing? :p

WIGI

Smash Champion
im very agreable to striking, just not to very essential services. Like Hollywood writers.

im almost done writign my version, just ahve to figure out 1 mroe thing. and then write it.

Geist

Smash Master
desh does seem perkier than normal. we should let him get his way more often XD

oh and, a message from william,
maple story rules super smash bros, not so good. hes an idiot.

DESH MATCH SPECIFICSSSS!
*edit nvmd i saw ur edit. Its being written now.

im very agreable to striking, just not to very essential services. Like Hollywood writers.
rofl.

Desh.

Smash Lord
i'm really not too perky.. dont know why it seems like it =/
also ...tell will... ew. and....gey. annd...WHADDDA HOMO .
lol maplestory... i chuckled. =/

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
ths will nevr end lol, can i write rules for my ideea of hybrid? then show them to everyone?
Go ahead.

im almost done writign my version, just ahve to figure out 1 mroe thing. and then write it.
Go ahead. Strike. I can take over for you, my Luigi is aiight.

oh and, a message from william,
maple story rules super smash bros, not so good. hes an idiot.
Tell him to cut his wrists.

POST OF THE WEEK NEEDS TO BE UPDATED TOMORROW.. SUGGESTIONS?
Ok. A post of the week is like a fart. If you force it, you're going to make a mess. Just let it come naturally.

Geist

Smash Master
the story of LTG vs. Desh is finished. read to your hearts content. 1st post. no complaints, no johns.

POTW: see pg 45, post # 666. <-------0.o
i f***ing nominated and no one listens. -.- to you all.

pirkid

Smash Lord
So, there are actually Smashers in B-Town. How exciting.

I'm guessing you guys are on the GSC, but barely anyone uses that anymore.

I live in the "not very new" Lake of Dreams complex. 4 Fountainview Way.

It's near the Fortino's plaza.

Gimme some info, I'll check this thread again tonight, got Air Cadets now.

~Pir

16. Don't have my G1 yet. <.<

Geist

Smash Master
woah dont get too excited there pal. I heard you can spontaniously combust at 115% exersion.

we're all a great big happy family here in the b-town thread, and you're in luck, since the giant debate of rankings have passed like...i dunno 10 minutes ago?

you go to cadets.>.> do you know pameer Ahmad? hes in here.(power_fox0)

the oldest person here is also 16 (i think.) so if you dont have ur g1 liscence, dont feel left out.
me, i have a drivers permit, but thats for Nevada use only... how convinient.

so, its good to meet you.
aaand...just a few warnings and rules
- sometimes this place can get pretty spammed up. fo shizzle.(spamming should be less common once we get to pg 50, but i wouldnt count on it.)
-also, watch out for the random dead baby joke. that always throws my day outa wack
-it is OK to talk about other games in this thread, intersystem and other systems. (im only saying this because i got flamed for mentioning gears of war on another thread.)
-pyro's good looks can take down a bear. watch your back.
- stephen, and steven ; ranked #1 and #2 respectivly in b-town. very confuzing. dont get mindgamed by it.
- we folk around here like our low tiers and take pride in our low tierness. but if you reallly wanna be falco... :rolleyes:
-recruiting more smashers is recomended. i hold the record for most recruits. huzzah.
-pyro would sell his own mother for reward money. dont spam, dont double post, and he wont become an angry fiend who knows nothing but destruction and oddly hilarious insults.
-read the rules and know them well pliz.
-blowtoes's editorial is definetly first post. read it for updates on epic matches.

So far b-town has 13 smashers, 11 on the rankings, and soon to be 15 - 16 smashers in total.

oh and who do you main? heres hoping you main luigi.

my goal for the week... i WILL be post # 700. after all, i was post # 666:flame::devil::demon::demon::devil::flame:

pirkid

Smash Lord
I, like Luigi.
I use him to teach n00bs how to wavedash...
I don't use him.

Falco, Marth, and Ganon are my mains.

Who spams?

BTW I'm not going to Air Cadets now, because I can't get a ride. Yays.

Are you peoples having another 'get-together' anytime soon?

I'm bored waiting for Brawl and I ***** my school Smash club (Yea, we had one last year, we played on Wednesdays and everything.). I wanna get beat by someone.

Geist

Smash Master
I, like Luigi.
I use him to teach n00bs how to wavedash...
I don't use him.

Falco, Marth, and Ganon are my mains.

Who spams?

BTW I'm not going to Air Cadets now, because I can't get a ride. Yays.

I'm bored waiting for Brawl and I ***** my school Smash club (Yea, we had one last year, we played on Wednesdays and everything.). I wanna get beat by someone.
xD ToXn can put up one hell of a fight. LTG most likely cant.
And kewl, we need a Ganon user.

what school do you go to?

and do you know a Pameer Ahmad? about 5'8", glasses, short hair- kinda curly...

Desh has a small smashfest every thursday, thats how he somehow got smash director.
he hasnt held any large scale tourneys as of yet, but im sure hes cooking up something.

As for people who spam... while i do constant unlimited amounts of homework on microsoft word i constantly refresh this page, so naturally im about every 2nd post...when im not, desh and wigi are most likely arguing, and then pyro pops out and tells them to go to msn... then it ends...hilarity ensues.
thats about the routine around here.
and as much as i spam, i probably have the longest posts here. they can be realy long and annoying.

all of us can wavedash, l-cancel, and shffl, cept poor ol' LTG.
snuffles cant either( once he gets his ****** *** in here. )

as for teaching nubs how to wavedash, i always go with bowser. if you can do it with bowser, you can do it with ANYONE.=P

pirkid

Smash Lord
So true.
So is one going on this Thursday? I might be able to go. It's not that far for me.
And I have no idea who Pameer Ahmad is, Sry.

Sweet.
Double sweet.

And teaching with Bowser, so true.

Well I'm bored now. Might go play Twilight or something...

How many people can usually make it to his house?

I go to Humberview, it's in Bolton. I go there cause I'm enhanced.

WIGI

Smash Champion
Ok, here’s my version of the hybrid.

Ok. So. It starts off as the same thing as the original challenge system, with a few differences.

Difference 1: its still 2 up 2 down, but when you win a challenge the following happens, (ill use current rankings as exemplar.)

1.toxn
2.pyro
3.Zack
4spamus
5.Wigi
6.Andy
7.desh.
8. A

Before, when sum one won a challenge, the switched ranks. But now instead, when you win a challenge, the winner goes above the looser, and the rest of the ranks shift down. SO. Example. Andy challenged Brendon and beat him. Andy is now in 4th, and the rest of the ranks shift down, so it would be.

1. Toxn
2.pyro
3.zack
4.Andy
5.spamus
6.wigi
7.desh

Make sense so far? Now, there will also be a new limit set on the number of challenges. Instead of you can only challenge each person once a week, its now; you may only have a CHALLANE MATCH 2 times a month. And they CANNOT be in the same week.

Now, that’s the challenge part, still playing a good role in the hybrid.
Here’s the other half.

The Challenge system is for in-between Desh's Monthly, bimonthly, w.e tourneys. (Not every single Thursday, just the ones declared for tourney.)

So back to the original ranks as they are.

1.toxn
2.pyro
3.zack
4.Bren
5.wigi
6.Andy
7.desh
8. Uhh.A.

Ok and here’s the results from the tournament, and a system to combine them. Cr+Tr=Nr

Tourney ranks:

1.Bren
2.desh
3wigi
4.toxn
5.Andy
6.pyro
7.zack
8. A

Now both ranks are taken side by side and plugged into the formula.

Toxn 4+1=5
Pyro 2+6=8
Zack 3+7=10
Bren 4+1=5
Wigi 5+3=8
Andy 6+5=11
Desh 7+2=9
A 8+8=16

New ranks when combined are now

1.Toxn/Bren
2.wigi/pyro
3.desh
4.zack
5.Andy
6.A

So this shows that both challenges and Tourneys effect ranks fairly equally, however challenges decide between close ranks, and tourneys have the power to effect it, but as you can see, even if you have a bad day at a tourney, or a bad challenge, it doesn’t mean you go to the bottom, because of the point system. However do exceptionally well at a tourney, you can see your rank affected. As for the tourney system, either round robin, or something like that, what Desh has going for the tourneys so far would work.

. This system combines both challenge and tourney 50/50; with less weight on challenges, and then a matched weight on tourneys, it’s almost like a points system. Input?

p.s. after each touney the rankins combine, much like andy's system, i just showed the math and put a formula to it.. please ask questions/concers, ideas.

i thought of all this myself mommy. =)

Geist

Smash Master
So true.
So is one going on this Thursday? I might be able to go. It's not that far for me.
And I have no idea who Pameer Ahmad is, Sry.

Sweet.
Double sweet.

And teaching with Bowser, so true.

Well I'm bored now. Might go play Twilight or something...

How many people can usually make it to his house?

I go to Humberview, it's in Bolton. I go there cause I'm enhanced.

desh's house is closeish to trinity commons, but not really.
i forget his actuall address. i can never make it to his house but i think he gets 3-5 people

aaaaaand no one is aknowlaging your existance but me...

wigi how dare you? right after i said no double posting you double post. omg burn you.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master

I'm guessing you guys are on the GSC, but barely anyone uses that anymore.

I live in the "not very new" Lake of Dreams complex. 4 Fountainview Way.

It's near the Fortino's plaza.

Gimme some info, I'll check this thread again tonight, got Air Cadets now.

~Pir

16. Don't have my G1 yet. <.<
That's within biking distance from me. I added you to MSN a while ago, but you're never on. aesthetic.x@hotmail.com

-also, watch out for the random dead baby joke. that always throws my day outa wack
-pyro's good looks can take down a bear. watch your back.
- stephen, and steven ; ranked #1 and #2 respectivly in b-town. very confuzing. dont get mindgamed by it.
- we folk around here like our low tiers and take pride in our low tierness. but if you reallly wanna be falco... :rolleyes:
-recruiting more smashers is recomended. i hold the record for most recruits. huzzah.
-pyro would sell his own mother for reward money. dont spam, dont double post, and he wont become an angry fiend who knows nothing but destruction and oddly hilarious insults.
-read the rules and know them well pliz.
Yes, I'm STEVEN. Avec une V. I own. Falco owns. Low tiers own. Play anyone you want, and if Andy criticizes you, I'll SHL him. =D
Also, I am anti spam and multiple post. Obey the rules, don't anger me, and we'll be best friends.

Thursday at Desh's house. Details are on the first post I think.
And yeh, I'll **** you if you wish. I hope you're not better than me =/ .

WIGI

Your idea was good up until Tourney Ranks. I don't know how the heck Bren is all the way up there. I have no idea where you got those numbers from, and you are no where NEAR at par with me, not to mention Zack and Andy are way down the list for some reason.

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol yeah hey new guy, deshs house is near the major intersections of Sandalwood and fernforest, but up in the direction of Octillo. Look forward to plaing you.

WIGI

Smash Champion
LOl eyah, those tounney resluts were enirely picked by me, i wanted to see what would happen if pple placed drastically diferent than normal
i did severl other simulations and they all came out prety acurate id say. liek..as acurate as random simulations can be. acualt results wil yeild acual ranks.

Geist

Smash Master
realex steve, they were all hypothetical ranks
plus i am better than you =P

but as for the whole idea, i think it works out great. its good with challenges like thechallenge system, but is more thourough with the rankings like the GTA system, and basically no one can argue with it, sinse it stops lucky people from being ahead by too much for too long, and it helps with accuracy.

its also un naturally close to andy's and blowtoes's theory.

=P lets go with it, and see how well it works.

*edit. pyro u main pikachu, shustup about your high teir pride else i missile cancel you and give you the high heel of dOOm

WIGI

Smash Champion
its just showing the method that the rankins are combined, it follows a simple formula, i can post how diferent tournie situations would combine into curreent rank if you want more examples, and diferent more realistic numbers.

WIGI

Smash Champion
they don't Represent anything relly, its just Current rank+ rank placed in from tourney= a number

those new numbers are placed in order to update the ranks, this ensures that if you hvae a bad, it wont kill your rank coompletly. its just a bunch of stuff that happens behind the scenes, i was just showing that when i merge the tourney into the Current rank, its not just me, i follew specific math. math doesn't lie. you want more examples to look at?

Desh.

Smash Lord
ok you know what ? i'm sick of this. i explained how i would do the hybrid BEFORE ANYONE HAD VOTED. AND I ASKED PEOPLE TO VOTE TWICE. i'm not gonna be changing ranks every fkn time some1 has a new idea or has a problem... the way i have it set up right now works. before i fixed it from challenges because it was innaccurate harder to manage and an overall bad idea. i seriously lowered up the challenging part but i tried to incoorperate it in.

we had a vote. a vote is a vote. if you have a problem with that ...oh well i just wont do it... set it up urself.. it was a fair vote. and i explained how it would go before hand so everyone knew what they were voting for.

so basically if u have a problem with it or u wanna change it to ur idea or u think somethings wrong...tell me. i'll gladly remove the ranks off this thread.

no body can ever leave well enough alone and constantly has to have there way .

do NOT try to say i do this... kinda the point of a VOTE. leaving it up to EVERYONE. and i posted for people 2 vote TWICE. so jesus christ. i'mm sick of u people and never being happy with anything. also i'll have to update if i can host on thursday.

AND WELCOME TO PIRKID =D

Sorry if i sounds like a batch...i'm really not but people are being prikks.
and yea.. hopefully you can come out to our lil thursday things =D the info on where it is is on the topic post. check up on it regularly cuz important stuff goes there.

so yea. if u wanna change it. go change it somewhere else.. its a lot of work off my back and i'm not gonna change this thread to every1's desire when they want and how they want.

enough of this b.s

WIGI

Smash Champion
here il show anotehr example>

CURRENT RANK

1.Toxn
2.Pyro
3.zack
4.blowtoes
5.Wigi
6.Andy
7.desh
8. A

Most recent tournement ranks(hypothetical, but more reasonable)

1.Toxn
2.Pyro
3.Bren
4.Zack
5.Desh
6.Andy
7.Wigi
8. A

so now you plugg these numbers into the formula Current+tourney=NewCurrent

Toxn Current=1 Tourney=1 NewCurrent= (2)
pyro 2+2=(4)
blowtoes 4+3=(7)
Zack 3+4=(7)
Wigi 5+7=(12)
Andy 6+6=(12)
desh 7+5=(12)
A 8+8=(16)

now the numbers in brackets are taken and put in order or smallest to largets

NewCurrent Rank
1.toxn
2.pyro
3.zack/blowtoes
4.zack/blowtoes
5.wigi/andy/desh
6.wigi/andy/desh
7.wigi/andy/desh
8. A

make a little mroe sense?

ok desh, im the only non directer that voted, and wehn bren voted for hybrid, he had sumthing like this in mind. i just improved. and if you don't want to run it, i will. you can run your tourneys and rank them however you want, then give the list to me ill incorperate it and update, if you really want me too, adn enough pple want to, il start my own thread. ive eliminated every problem youve mentioned, still allowing you to run the tournies the way you want them.

Desh.

Smash Lord
ok wtf is wrong with u people? i fully explained how i would do it. bren voted for the way i explained. i voted for the way i explained. challenges are still in there. so WHY THE FACK ARE YOU STILL BUGGING ME ABOUT IT? ITS STILL FACKING USED. I TRY TO MAKE EVERYONE FACKING HAPPY AND ALL THEY CAN DO IS COMPLAIN AND PICK AND MAKE SUGGESTIONS. do you not understand ... how fkn INFURIATING IT IS. WHEN UR GIVEN A POSITION IN WICH U ARE TO TRY TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. AND WHEN YOU DO. PEOPLE ONLY FKN COMPLAIN AND CAN NEVER BE HAPPY?

BREN WAS FINE UNTIL U STARTED ON UR RANTS ON HOW YOU COULD IMPROVE SOMETHING THAT WORKS AGAIN.

kinda like how people were ok with gta system until u did that.

honestly i'm so intensly pissed by how inconsiderate some people can fkn be. i mean i update the thread, i try to make ranks work to satisfy everyone, i host smashfest, i have people over, i do so fkn much.
and i dont think anyone has even ACKNOWLEDGED how much time it actually takes.
but no
instead of that alll i get is

"i dont like this", "This is how i wanna improve it", "It shouldnt be done like this", "rant rant rant", " this isnt the way i want it so i refuse to drop the topic"

and i'm sick of it. i'm takin ranks off cuz all you guys can do is complain, never be happy with what already works, and not even think about how much time i put into this crap.

i'm done. ranks are gone.

Geist

Smash Master
first of all desh stop spazzing you said wigi could voice his opinion, so its not ike you can tell him to do something then tall him off. if he can voice his opinion i can too, and i say his idea makes total sense.

stop spazzing out, when you made the poll you said: word for word...

1. the challenge participants can only be 1 above or 1 below in rank
2. should be really hard to tell who is better (in other words they should be extremely close in skill)
3.EVERY challenge should be accepted.
4. no more then 1 challenge in between updates of rankings between 2 people.
5. should really only be used to make a decision on who gets a rank when the ranking are updated

eg. we cant decide who deserves 2nd rank so steve and zack have a challenge to decide.

i'm willing to mix them together if it works like that. then it will be really accurate.

but yea i'm not gonna do simply challenges and if i do mix them challenges will definitely not take a large
role at all.

the above is the best way imo to mix the 2 together .

YOU CAN VOTE ON ONE OF THESE .
1. CHALLENGES
2. GTA SYSTEM
3. MIX OF BOTH ( GUIDELINES STATED ABOVE IN TERMS OF HOW CHALLENGES SHOULD BE USED.

you explained GTA rules and you explained challenge rules but were so unspecific with the hybrid rules that you could basically do anything you wanted to do with them.

so before you say anything think about what you said first. this argument was supposed to be over, and if your so concerned about accuracy, at least consider half of what Wigi posted.

IM GOING TO BED. GOOD NIGHT SIR.
GOOD NIGHT TO ALL OF YOU. SWEET DREAMS!!!!!

WIGI

Smash Champion
ok im making a new thread for ranked system, ill share my info with bren so he can update it aswell as me. ittle be up hopefully tonight.

Desh.

Smash Lord
read my post. that is all. ranks are gone.

tired of this crap. bring ur nagging complaining , incondiserate ***-ness to another thread. (concerning ranks that is.) u can still all post here. i'm obviously not closing the thread...but the ranks are gone. and they probably wont return seeing as how if u make a thread specifically for brampton ranks it'll probably get closed sooon after ( read the PR rules...ours were an exception cuz of the way we're organizing stuf..)

so yea.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
The Official Brampton thread has nothing to do with ranks. This is where us Bramptonians just chat and stuff.

I think it'd be a good idea to take any form of ranks to a different thread.

Here we'll just introduce new Brampton Smashers and organize get togethers, deal?

Desh.

Smash Lord
note: i may only be having a few people over for some smash on thursdays if even that . this means i will have nothing to do with organizing tournies. or anything. wigi i guess its up to u to host your own tournies and smash fest and challenges system for your thread. cuz i wont be supplying anything.

also if what ur making is simply a pr thread it will get deleted. it needs to be a bigger region then like 10 people

so basically ur making a ranking thread with the following:

1. nothing to base ranks on
2. a region too small , breaking rules
3. nothing.

my doc senses sense a big bucket of phail heading towards the boards >.>

WIGI

Smash Champion
cuz im keeping you as one of the directors, along with blowtoes. desh theres still a spot open if you want it. i don't want you to stop altogether.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Chris stop being a d*ck and shooting down Wigi's ideas. Let him do as he pleases. Don't be an *** and pull a "AH HAH YOUR PLAN WONT WORK BECAUSE IM NOT LETTING YOU USE MY HOUSE" .

Let Wigi do his own thing with rankings if he wishes, and we'll see how it pans out. The mods here aren't very strict...so..

pirkid

Smash Lord
I vote for Desh. <.<

Even though I have no idea what ranks your talking about, I'll go with teh flow.

I'll try to the best of my ability to be there on Thursday. Here's to hoping I don't get owned. (Which will probably happen).

TEH FLOW!

I can use Mario fluently, if you want a low-tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom