• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

t3H SUP3RR TREEDDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist

Smash Master
Also, blowtroes iz t3h dunbz.
0.o. ill just pretend i know what that means. in the mean time lemme call you a lmberzr.

lemme also just say this annoying debate is officially over after this vote.
so vote people.

ugh i cant help but wonder though...desh you just said you play for the fun yeh thats cool and all, but if you truly dont care about rankings...why complain brawl is getting less competitive... eh ima fall asleep, and wonder why steve would call the blowtoes t3h dunbz..maybe its because he placed himself hypothetically first=P
maybe.
maybe pyro dislikes my soccer team? hmm?
many many factors...many...

Desh.

Smash Lord
lol i like playing competitively... u can go play at a tournament competitively without ranks right? lol
well i just hope brawl shows the game to be a lil less dumbed down party game D=

Geist

Smash Master
the game is naturally competitive that why its so leet.
when u say competitively, i assume u mean competition. :dizzy:

peh im 100% sure brawl will be good...as will the new fire emblem.
go ike.

ridley for brawl

blah blah
(lukas looks too different than ness to really kick him out. he has a grappe wtf.)

blah blah

blah.

>not a dunbz<:crying:

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
Blowtoes, I saw you mentioned 1up. I was wondering if you perhaps watch the 1up show?

EDIT: HOLY **** THERE'S A LOT OFF WII GAMES I GOTTA BUY.

Galaxy
Brawl
Fire Emblem
Bwii
Guitar Hero 3
Rock Band
Excite Truck (Still Lol)
Links crossbows Training
Ghost Squad
Guilty Gear AC
DDR

Not To Mention VC Games, and a Classic Controller, and I still gotta buy a Arcade stick,a extra Guitar if I buy Guitar Hero, if I buy Rockband it's 170$, and then there's DDR mats.

Nintendo just 4-stocked my christmas.

Geist

Smash Master
i wish...ive been a subscriber for 3 years though.
they're so awesome. =D

i only have basic cable, cuz my mom thinks anything else is a waste of money.=(

u watch it? what did they give timeshift?

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
i wish...ive been a subscriber for 3 years though.
they're so awesome. =D

i only have basic cable, cuz my mom thinks anything else is a waste of money.=(

u watch it? what did they give timeshift?
Your in luck then, since the 1up show is shown absolutely free on there site (Download and Streaming), there's just a few ads. I used to watch it, I'm on dial-up now though, but I'm gonna start downloading it when I go to my dad's house on the weekend. BTW, There's a new episode every Friday. Sometimes there's specials called "Not the 1up Show" which happen usually with stuff like e3.

Desh.

Smash Lord
lol stephen...why not just mod ur wii? duurrrrr just download backups... and get dual layer diiscs... 4$ each...

Geist

Smash Master
-.- desh i warned you about making me laugh. now youve given me a headache.
lazy people do things the easy way. i know i do. but stephen wants ddr..ok i guess hes not lazy

i admit chelsea is teh pwnt. yep. but
thats what infuriates meh.

that guitar hero vid is so insane...

Desh.

Smash Lord
my pills are so gay..they follow u till u get high.
also i double killed zack and steven w/ my god tier cape =]
and i play blue doc. so clearly my doc isnt lame =]

WIGI

Smash Champion
you wish...luigi with marios cape instead of fireballs would pwn. and with marios dash attack, and docs forward smash. everything else wigi. would be pwn.

Desh.

Smash Lord
OK PEOPLE. i updated the main post (finally) and because the votes were 2 fore hybrid and 1 for challenges... hybrid is in. i updated the rankings part and explained it. also i removed current ranks and they shall be up shortly and updated accordingly to the guidelines posted. if you didnt get to vote...i had post before about the vote and its not my fault if nobody looked. i posted it TWICE and updated it onto the main part of the topic thread. u snooze u lose. ALSO. i updated info on the thursday practices... i will most likely be able to have it this thursday..if not i'll update the thread.

i ALSO added another part at the bottom of the topic post...it will show any updates to the thread through out a weeks period. so in other words. IMPORTANT STUFF IS PUT THERE SO U BETTER FKN READ IT.

thats all for tonight. i double posted so i'de hopefully get your attentions.. =]

see i'm not always lazy...i just take a lil time =/
also... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzg0D-cKds
lulz ^^^^

g night oh yea

POST OF THE WEEK NEEDS TO BE UPDATED TOMORROW.. SUGGESTIONS?

Desh.

Smash Lord
its kinda tourny style ....basically just play. that's all you need to know ....play good when ever you play...and you'll probably be ranked good...the challenges i dont care ....there really should only be one when we cant decide who gets a spot like..its REEAAALLLLYYYYYY hard to decide...if theres a majority agrees for someone there really isnt much use of them...its only to settle the hard-to-make decisions.

eg. steve +zack.
they dont need to have one...we can decide when ranks are updated...but if they want they can just have a match to settle it... tourny rules ...3/5 ,4 stock and 7 mins

Geist

Smash Master
you wish...luigi with marios cape instead of fireballs would pwn. and with marios dash attack, and docs forward smash. everything else wigi. would be pwn.
docs f smash is complete bawlz. crap range, weird angling, and a retarted sweetspot.(its on the back of his hand people.)
pretty good damage and it comes out quickly. but has lag affterwards. why would you want that?

quote of the week nomination:

yeh i have strep throat, and my voice is temperarily 2 octaves lower than usual. xD
Quartet? Anyone?

i saw norfair =/ its no fair. i have no idea why it was recomended...
it says you can jump over the giant lava thingy of doom and death. its just hard. oh well, at least its not as bad as rainbow roads unlimited death glitch.

i cant wait for the bridge of eldin though.

and omg if you meteor smash someone in skyworld hard enough into the clouds they go right through it. 0.0
ridley for brawl

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
wtc challenges had at least 3 votes from the mayfield players (not sure about blowtoes) alone.

BTW, I'd maybe get my wii modded, but I would never wanna drive far to pickup games, and IDK anyone around me who sells them.

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah i know. but none was oficaily "posted online" im the onlky non directer that voted. so now challanges are obsolete except tought desins, not what i had in mind for hybrid, i thought hybrid would be keeping chalalgnes, the aslo ahve tournies that effect the rank. not have tournies, and having challanges that barely effect anything.

but hey its over, chris seems happy....kinda perky acually. -.- pammer wqaas pissed he didn't check teh boards he wanted to vote challagnes too.

Desh.

Smash Lord
k sometime today we have to try n get every1 together to decide rankings. everyone who gets involved has valid input

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I like tournies only if we can play more than one tv at a time <_<
Playing with 1 tv sucked monkey ****

Obviously, tournament should influence your actual ranking more..
Challenges shouldn't mean too much.. Plus, the amount of challenges people have will always be so.. different.
Wigi could have made challenges like 5 times while I only challenged 2 times. <_<
We should try to keep things even. But it's not too likely since not everyone can come all the time.

If it's like that, then when people actually DO come, we have to wait through like 3 or 4 matches, each being best out of 5. For like 3 people. Just to make thigns even..
And if you think about it, the tournament idea is faster. It just seemed kinda longer because we were doing everything at once.
Tournament thing did quick 2/3 matches.. and I think we forgot to do best 3/5 for the semifinals/finals didn't we?
And challenges are all best out of 5..

And honestly, in a tournament style thing, where you only get an extra chance to do things, there's a lot more at risk and you'll want to get rid of any excuses that could be made before you start a match.
The challenges thing just felt like.. intense friendlies/money matches without the money.
That's just my input on it..

Now onto a theory..

challenge rankings:
1.Pyroloserkid
2.Toxn
3.blowtoes
4.LoZack
5.Desh
6.aAndy
7.Power_fox0
8.Wigi
9.HylianBlade
10. Kryptic
11.a(whoever he is...)

tourney rankings:
1.blowtoes
2.Toxn
3.Pyroloserkid
4.LoZack
5.Desh
6.Wigi
7.HylianBlade
8.aAndy
9.Power_fox0
10. Kryptic
11.a
Okay, I'm gonna try to make an even rankings using BOTH of these.

Andy's Hybrid:
1. Toxn
2. Blowtoes
3. Pyro
4 .LoZack
5. Desh
6. Wigi
7. Andy
8. HylianBlade
9.Power_fox0
10. Kryptic
11. a
That was really hard..
Honestly some of them could've been tied too
With Toxn/Blowtoes, Andy/HylianBlade
And the reason why I think the list is kinda broken is because of the Challenges.
It's not really evened out and neither is a tourney where not everyone can show.

Maybe we should have a discussion like every month to see what's the best time for everyone.
If it's too complicated, make the tournament happen like every 6 weeks, instead of 4.
maybe even only 1 tournament every 2 months. =/ Just try to find a good time.
And if it's even possible, try hosting it on a weekend, Desh.
We'd have a lot more time and it's a lot more convenient.

And I'm done. <_<

I can't believe we're still arguing about some ranking system for like 20 pages.
Plus, IT'S BRAMPTON. There's not too many people here, and it doesn't matter that much.
I like having fun playing against great players. I could even call it good practice if I ever plan to enter one of the tournaments in the GTA region. That's where Rankings matter more. <_<

It's not worth having a debate over...

Desh.

Smash Lord
looks...i posted it twice... not my fault if no one votes? i could care less for about the 100th time. i dont have to have the ranks.. i play just to play. but i've proven the crap outta u guys to the point where u just shut up that challenges are pretty pointless...but people have lost there logic and traded it in for idiocracy...whats done is done. and curly its not tournaments specifically that count towars ranks !?!/1?!?!?1?1!?1?!?1/1?!/1/!1/ one. !??1?!?111 one one question mark exclamation mark 1111 !?!?!1!!

and if people didnt vote they clearly dont check the boards and dont care enough.

also for people who havent seen the debates... and i know most people who want challenges want them cuz its more flexible and crap. The new system is much MORE flexible. Instead of HAVING to have a challenge to go up in rank...everytime you come out to play will be taken into consideration of ur rank. so if u come and u want to challenge some....*gasp* u may not be able to because of the limited amount of tvs/cube available and there are other things to do.

if we do things the new way

say you come out to play. just play good. your obviously going to have at least one match...wich makes it more flexible then having to have challenges... and theres 4 directors meaning if u cant come out to play...you can obviously play with directors in your area ...and in turn every1 will know if u've improve and stuff.

the other way was less flexible but no one has an open mind. anyways i'm just clarifying that point for people who havent seen the hole arguement/ debate thing... and you know what... if you wanna have challenges ( cuz i know every1 will sulk if there arent any...go ahead with them... still the 1up and 1down rules...and a max 1 ranked match between 2 players a week? sounds good?

so basically you can have a max 1 challenge between 2 people per week. also....you DO NOT have to accept the challenges if you dont want to.

does that make people happy?

edit: exactly. andy agrees also.. rankings screw crap up. and andy i agree with most of ur rankings accept ... you> me
imho

anyways... yea... if people can only make it out so often...we have to remember we only have 3 hours... we cant waste time waiting for fkn like well lets see... 8 people....hmmm like ...48 possible ranked matched... best out of 5....THAT TAKES A LOT MORE TIME.

challenges were a bad idea to begin with. and another thing i agree with is.... its brampton.... our fkn secret curry recipe is more important. or where they get those coloured turbans from ...like *** man lol

Geist

Smash Master
wow ur hilarious in a not so funny sort of way -.-

yeh i have strep throat, and my voice is temperarily 2 octaves lower than usual. xD
Obviously, tournament should influence your actual ranking more..
Challenges shouldn't mean too much.. Plus, the amount of challenges people have will always be so.. different.
Wigi could have made challenges like 5 times while I only challenged 2 times. <_<
We should try to keep things even. But it's not too likely since not everyone can come all the time.

And honestly, in a tournament style thing, where you only get an extra chance to do things, there's a lot more at risk and you'll want to get rid of any excuses that could be made before you start a match.
The challenges thing just felt like.. intense friendlies/money matches without the money.
That's just my input on it..

Now onto a theory..

1.blowtoes
2.Toxn
3.Pyroloserkid
4.LoZack
5.Desh
6.Wigi
7.HylianBlade
8.aAndy
9.Power_fox0
10. Kryptic
11.a(whoever the hell he is...)

1.blowtoes
2.Toxn
3.Pyroloserkid
4.LoZack
5.Desh
6.Wigi
7.HylianBlade
8.aAndy
9.Power_fox0
10. Kryptic
11.a

Okay, I'm gonna try to make an even rankings using BOTH of these.

Andy's Hybrid:
1. Toxn
2. Blowtoes
3. Pyro
4 .LoZack
5. Desh
6. Wigi
7. Andy
8. HylianBlade
9.Power_fox0
10. Kryptic
11. a

That was really hard..
Honestly some of them could've been tied too
With Toxn/Blowtoes, Andy/HylianBlade
And the reason why I think the list is kinda broken is because of the Challenges.
It's not really evened out and neither is a tourney where not everyone can show.
you have just effectivley described the hybrid system. why have 2 lists when we can have 1?
then break up the ties with a 1 on 1 challenge.

anyways, im done debating about this, but lemme say that challenges should have a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit more influence instead of just deciding between two peple. even in a non hybrid/strictly non-challenge rankings system id imagine we would do that.

on the other hand, we need more btown smashers. i know 1 or 2, and maybe just maybe my bro can join (he mains link and cfalcon) he has no idea how to wavedash lcancel or shffl but he is surprisingly good at his overall fighting technique. i also have the uncanny ability to get him addicted to stuff. =/ am i right wigi -.-
(odds are he can beat LTG.*edit: odds are anyone can beat LTG XD)

i have a friend john who can play too. he mains sheik and maybe yoshi too. more word on him cuz i just got him into the game again. =D he goes to mayfield

IN OTHER NEWS:
fart. that is all

WIGI

Smash Champion
so am i allowed to write what i think the hybrid should be? or will i get yelled at a shunned liek usual. its just how i think teh hybrid system should work.

Desh.

Smash Lord
YES . IOTS STRIKES AGAIN ^.^ MORE B TOWN SMASHERS =D =D =D =D =D =D

and yea bren i said just to calm every1's "CHALLENGES RAWR" horomone
go ahead with them... still the 1up and 1down rules...and a max 1 ranked match between 2 players a week? sounds good? (this is to keep everything even like andy said)
eg. wigi make 6 challenges and andy makes 2. we needa keep stuff even.

so basically you can have a max 1 challenge between 2 people per week. also....you DO NOT have to accept the challenges if you dont want to.

does that make people happy

edit: uuugghhh wigi ...go ahead... i'm bored anyways >.>

Geist

Smash Master
so am i allowed to write what i think the hybrid should be? or will i get yelled at a shunned liek usual. its just how i think teh hybrid system should work.
freedom of speech man fight the power.

has anyone here made any recent epic matches?
tell me abouts it. i need score, the winner, characters played as and stage. and im good.
your epic match will be recorded in the first post of the thread.

does anyone have objections to my brother playing as a b-town smasher? i promise he will be less annoying. hes like that when hes happy. he'll be happy once i get him addicted>.>

Desh.

Smash Lord
epic match = ltg was pissed cuz he kept losing...so i promised him i would only use up b, my pills, and cape.... i 4 stocked him.

oh... umm i 4 stocked him... he used flacorz i used doc.. and corneria.

Geist

Smash Master
epic match = ltg was pissed cuz he kept losing...so i promised him i would only use up b, my pills, and cape.... i 4 stocked him.
what stage buddy?
who was he falco?

again, does ANYONE ave any bad feelings on by bro joining?
ill force him to you ust watch.

Desh.

Smash Lord
will sounds good.. hes not bad at meleee...he just doesnt know advanced techs

edit: i 4 stocked him... he used flacorz i used doc.. and corneria. and i only used my pill. my cape. and my up b.

Geist

Smash Master
but hey its over, chris seems happy....kinda perky acually. -.- pammer wqaas pissed he didn't check teh boards he wanted to vote challagnes too.
i have the uncanny ability to manipulate powerfox's mind:psycho:
i will show him the way of the hybrid ranking system

Will agrees to join, he said that while singing a song about how much Wigi and Desh sux at smash cuz he beat you guys "several times on a team" XD
hes 7 XD *inside jokes*
no really hes 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom