• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

t3H SUP3RR TREEDDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desh.

Smash Lord
kaibutso oujo... its a 1337 anime series ...but u would know...cuz ur gey n stuff >.> anime = 1337 ..u learn to respect it when ur 1337 . =]

WIGI

Smash Champion
..ye sure. anyways, aparently mario goes into sapce to save peach, then has to save this rosetta chick for sum reaosn..who looks alot like peach... so eitehr shes new and he save 2 princesses, or shes just been..altered sumhow.. and shes acualy peach. or peaches alter ego from anotehr planet! captured by bowsers alter ego from teh same planet, trying to be saved by marios alter ego form sai planet. = insane 2 stories combining. and then luigi sits at home drinking tea with daisy cuz hes always left out. even tho everyone knows he jumps higer.. dunno why they make such a fuss about marios jump in smrpg...

BEDTIME!

Desh.

Smash Lord
ummm cuz luigi secretly doubt his secksuality??? i thought the world agreed on that? oh. that and luigi is bawls.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Kirby doesn't talk! He does sound wierd baby noises..

Um, I would rather use Rosetta than Peach!

WIGI

Smash Champion
i know kirby doesn't talk. in the show he just like....looked at pple. lol. and luigis not ghey, sonsidering how he has saved both peach and daisy on seperate ocasions. =P he is lazy and usualy left out.

oh wait. he saved 3 princesses, peach daisy, and that one he did during paper mario TTYD whiel mario saved peach.

ROSETTA FOR BRAWL!

Desh.

Smash Lord
lulz only half of it is really a wavdash...its not better then samus'ss..i think it would be worse if he werent some lubed up gey guy that slide =/

Desh.

Smash Lord
uummmmm :|

AAANNNYYYWWAAAAYYYYYSSSS....i will see...maybe people can come for some smash tuesday...i dno for sure...maybe like 1 or 2 cuz i know steve n zack have that thingy..and i know my mom will be all ike...AGAIN? WHAT ABOUT THURSDAY ...ROAR.

>.> sooo yea...lemme see if any1 can come tuesday maybe =D...might have a second controller for gears or halo also =]...maybe =/

Geist

Smash Master
i loled. isnt princess rosetta apparently become an enemy? read that somewhere.
KO is one of Desh's beloved anime fad shows -.- lawls

galaxy is going to be amazing. you can be a boo.

you wear a boo suit.

zomg can u say coolest game evar?
no offence master chief.

oh and wigi im pretty sick right now, so as youve prolly noticed i cant come over. but god news, im not going to school tomorrow. xP

lol everyone thinks princess rosetta is teh hawtness.
dead or alive 4 is where the real action is.
not dead or alive extreme, cuz thats perverted. dead or alive 4 features hawt chicks fighting. =D (which happens still to be less perverted than dead or alive extreme...>.>) boing boing boing boing....

you can play as spartan548(not 117 n00bs) who may infact be hawt under that helmet.

this spartan is in fact a chick. both of em.

Geist

Smash Master
wow ur hilarious in a not so funny sort of way -.-

yeh i have strep throat, and my voice is temperarily 2 octaves lower than usual. xD

Crooked Crow

Hey everyone, I found a great .SWF hosting site! =D

http://www.swfup.com/file/53392

It's like the YouTube for .SWF <3
The play/replay screens are faintly there for 1 frame each. I haven't figured out how to make them work yet.
And this thing goes for 18 frames a second, so it's really hard to see them lol

It's not done yet, and I plan to make a few more edits when I get back.
-Bigger top/bottom borders for tumbleweed/running scenes
-move the tumble weed a little higher
-in the running scene, in between texts, I'll zoom it in part by part, so it's less boring to watch
-add proper working play/replay screens and buttons panel at the bottom (play/pause/rewind)
-sounds and music

And it shall be beautiful and made of win.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i acually have no idea if thast true, everything ive read is that ;'mario ahs a new princes to save" so who knows.

and does anyone know how to save files form youtube??? i need it for my english presentation tomorow.

Geist

Smash Master
marios a pimp.
and i have no idea about the youtube thing. i dun know at all... =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqI5YE2BPtc
i found this in swf desh--- its a dr mario combo vid i thought it was crazy.

sorry for the maybe spoiler, im not sure it was from a valuble source.>.>
so look forward to not having to kill peaches cloneish ...blue ...person ...princess ...ish ...ness.

i found something else out.~spoiler~
no actually this was a test. i spoiler wrapped it why the hell are you still looking at it? hypocrite.

still sick. leave me alone...

also, with the last update of smashbros premeiring the stage norfair, anyone who would argue with me that ridley isnt in brawl is free to argue as they please.

so far we have as proof:
1. the characters who were recommended multiple times on sakurai's brawl character list
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)

2. ridley's freaking theme song
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music03.html

3. and as im sure youve all seen, dojo's newest update, norfair (clasic ridley fight stage design.) no doubt to be called "no fair".
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage17.html

4. wigi agrees with me and if he says its true its gotta be =P

yeh, ridleys in brawl. if you wish to argue saying hes too awkward (desh>.>) then whatever, ima laugh at u considering sakurai said up front that didey kong was awkward. =b

*future ridley main

Desh.

Smash Lord
so what if wigi believes it? lol i dont listen to much of the non sense that he says anymore :p
no offense but u have some pretty rtarded comments arguements in most things we talk/ debate about >.>
aside from that i are going to look at teh vid.

edit: nvm i sawed i already D=

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah ridleys for sure for brawl. and yea so far 3/5 chars i predicted are in. im really hopping geno makes it, adn ridley too. But lol no-fair looks jokes. i can just imagine the fight for the safe spot.. i think even tho it wont be in tournies, it looks like a much more fun stage than brinstar depths or that otehr..spinny one.

BAH i just realized im going to have to figure out the new secret way to unlock wigi... grrrr.. its gonna be sumthing rediculus again liek beat very hard with lucas or end this satge with 46 milli seconds or sumthing. im thinking im nto gonna play the game till bren unlocks wigi for me, i want him to be the first char i play.

Desh.

Smash Lord
rofl ...brawl unfortunately will have like 2 unbanned stages from what i see LOL well in terms of tourny wich is another reason i think sakurai hates us competitive smashers D=

too many stages have things that can kill u ...i think most do. well so far..i'm hopin (and guessing) he'll put some normal stages in...and maybe like...do something for those who want the game to be competitive cuz IMHO. (so in other words...bren i dont give a crap) this games looking more party game with friends...then something u can risk money at a tourny for. but thats just imo.

Geist

Smash Master
so what if wigi believes it? lol i dont listen to much of the non sense that he says anymore :p
no offense but u have some pretty rtarded comments arguements in most things we talk/ debate about >.>
-.-
offence not taken..? i need to see your logic back up your reasonings. examples plix?
when you were arguing challenges/no challenges I said use both.
when you were arguing about your rank "problem" with wigi, the summary of all my comments was to just challenge him again.

dont sound all that ********. pfft, and if you think these ridley proofs are retarted...forensics is definetly not for you.

im sick dont upset me like that anymoar =(
u given me a headache.

what are the official rules for the brampton thread? whatever they are, you haven't changed the rules on the main thread yet.
unless... nothings changed. 0.0

WIGI

Smash Champion
create a stage. you can remake all your favourite non banned stages, and then il remake mush kingdom 2 minus the eggs..would that be considered legal? or... starfox minus the lazers? and yeah theres a few stages without things that hurt you sa far. battlefeild, delfino? that one sapceship thing is unknown whether asteroids hurt you or not.. im sur FD wil return..who knows.

and chris is just to lazy to change anything. so instead he makes escuses. anyways, when are we haveing that challange of ours anyways?

Desh.

Smash Lord
lol tbh i just havent gotten around to it and also i said i would leave it until the end of the weekend to let every1 vote on wich system they want...and only 1 vote went and it was for challenges from wigi ..so u guys r gonna have to set up something in a thread or w.e

cuz like i said before i wont maintain something useless =/ its a waste of time in wich i could be doing something else. but hey, the weekends not over..at 12 it'll be gone
also if u guys do make another thread for ranks...u can put me in or w.e but i cant say i'll take any of it seriously rofl...so u might as well leave me off.

but yea...4h 40 mins remaining till the ranks will be off

edit: true about making stages but the thing is...u would have to have the same made stages on all wii that are being used in a tournament ? or else certain stages will and wont be available wich will screw stuff up... never thought of that i suppose?

Crooked Crow

Ridley HAS to be in! I honestly don't really know who Geno was so I was like wtf
I see all these other people wanting him in, but if he's so popular, whatever. <_<

Also Wigi, if you wanna save stuff from YouTube to your computer, use this site =D
http://www.vixy.net

It takes a while for the thing to load the stuff and send it to you, but it's worth it.
It even lets you just take the sound from the YouTube video, and I use it all the time for rare music.

Also, Steve and Zack, today was fun =D
You make me feel proud of like all of my characters except Link.. LOL
I been thinking about it for a while now, and I think just to keep up with all the other Links,
is to learn the art of the Up+B LMAO Seriously, I'm gonna start using it now.. but not as much,
maybe just surprise finishers, and I'm not using it for edgeguarding
because double n-airs off the stage is too sexy to replace.

My legs are gonna be soar as **** in the morning..
Biking for a few kilometers on semi-flat tires is ****ing exhausting.

Geist

Smash Master
rofl ...brawl unfortunately will have like 2 unbanned stages from what i see LOL well in terms of tourny wich is another reason i think sakurai hates us competitive smashers D=

too many stages have things that can kill u ...i think most do. well so far..i'm hopin (and guessing) he'll put some normal stages in...and maybe like...do something for those who want the game to be competitive cuz IMHO. (so in other words...bren i dont give a crap)
ahem. so far, stages that were recommended for competion are:
battlefeild
yoshi's island
skyworld
lylat cruise
smashville
norfair(kinda)

remember peplez brawl is in fact not actually melee, hence the name brawl and not melee 2.
sakurai isnt much a competition hater if you think he is. its impossible for all the stages to be uncompetitive, because if they were, people would change their metagame to fit it. =/ obvious...

it was his decision that brawl go online, and as we all know it online leads to more competition. if you dont think so, i dare you to give me an example of one that didnt.

i do hope for some more casual stages, because im hoping brawl will be a game that is easy to pick up on if your good at melee. i dont wan it to be the same, because then id just play melee. =/

this games looking more party game with friends...then something u can risk money at a tourny for. but thats just imo.
ill agree here: it does seem to be tilting towards party game doesnt it? party game isnt a genre though, and brawl is still going to be a fighter. i guess thats a good thing.

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol tbh i just havent gotten around to it and also i said i would leave it until the end of the weekend to let every1 vote on wich system they want...and only 1 vote went and it was for challenges from wigi ..so u guys r gonna have to set up something in a thread or w.e

cuz like i said before i wont maintain something useless =/ its a waste of time in wich i could be doing something else. but hey, the weekends not over..at 12 it'll be gone
also if u guys do make another thread for ranks...u can put me in or w.e but i cant say i'll take any of it seriously rofl...so u might as well leave me off.

edit: true about making stages but the thing is...u would have to have the same made stages on all wii that are being used in a tournament ? or else certain stages will and wont be available wich will screw stuff up... never thought of that i suppose?

OR, we could continue to use this thread, and just mutiny you. lolm but seriosly, no need for a new thread, wed just keep this one, and then you wont have to run your spreadsheet anymore, wed vote fro sumeone to do it. or another director would do it. and chris, its great if you want to be supercompetative guy, but saty in the ranks, don't be a baby just cuz your nto getting yoru way, i never said iw as gonna drop out if we ahd to switch to teh other type., , i only said i was dropping out of crew cuz steve didn't want my low tirness. and cuz i hated the naem..but im over that now.

and the whoel thing with same satgeness, its the beauty of wifi. before the tournements sumone would send all the pples brinigng wiis the stages available for use. or, hed save them all to an sd card, then stick it in each wii, load it on, then bring the sd card to the next one. kinda like adding names to the gc card. thats how id think it would work.

Desh.

Smash Lord
i agree with ur opinion on online bringing our competition but the i really cant se norfair as a fricking competitive stage and i'm surprised u said that lol...person who doesnt make it safely is dead? yea OK.

lol...and u DEF cant use made stages unless other people in the tourny have played them and are used to them or else u'll obviously have an advantage. u would need someway for everyone at the tourny to have had a chance to know everything about the stage u've made just as well as u do.

so made stages= not so good idea in my opinion .

and bren any stage that can kill u can ruin a match . wich goes back to luck. a large amount of arguements will go down in EVERY tourny finals if u use a stage with a kill factor

eg. finals: 500$ on the line.... stage kills u . u lose.

they cant do that because it goes back to skill vs luck.

also because of such a big role items are seeming to play in brawl is another thing that seems to make me question the competitive aspect of it.... but we'll see...
i've decided to give brawl a chance.. but i'm still not expectin much in competitive aspect... as for a party game..it looks solid. just not so much competitive

edit: um wigi wth? u CANNOT compare not wanting to join a crew cuz u dont like a name and cuz of some1 opinion, to not wanting to take part of ranknings because you wont end up being ranked properly and dont deny that fact because i've proven it to u so hardcore u just flat out dropped it and went to the accusations of me wanting ur rank.

u not wanting to join crew for name and some1's opinion = stupid and "being a baby"

me not wanting to take part of innacurate ranking system that wont prove any1 is better then any1.= not so dum and avoiding arguements wich will surely be brought up , and avoid being ranked unjustly. would u like me to make u look even dumber? >.>

edit: and no one would do any of what u just said cuz of how much work it would be and for all the people without wii's or without wifi

the way u think it will will work will most likely NOT work.

Geist

Smash Master

zoh my god. -.- sigh.
if people are still coming to your house saturday, your the best person to go thru with rankings. its not useless, you just cant seem to see how it might work. and on top of that eveyone is completely ignoring my suggestions. there is no point in just seeing things in black and white.
also, i wasnt even aware of a vote, or else i would have voted. i dont remember you announcing or mentioning it either.
rankings are perfectly fine for everyone else, but somehow they're useless at the same time? somehow that doesnt make sense.

BOTH challenges should be in effect with the same kind of ranking the GTA has. obviously the GTA's rules work, because, well they are working, and challenges would make a fun addition.

WIGI

Smash Champion
meh your right desh, we just gotta give it a chance, i dunno know how it is yet, none of us do, so until we try it ourselves, then we can decide. but i def think homemade stages would work, if the person organizing the tournie makes them and puts em on every wii. theyd be basic, like remakes of Fd or yoshi story or dreamland or wahtnot, cpet with no hazards. pple wil probably come out with stuff online like :stage creator tournement stages how to build: that every tournie guy should follow.

edit: yeah blowtoes, like ive said 6 times now.

Have teh challagnes for constant rankings,

then have SEPERATE single rankings fro each tournie we have, usign round robin or w.e. that way, we can make a rank for each tournie, and have shoutouts and stuff, like starfurry, but those ranks wont effect the constant rank from challanges, therfore combining both systmes while keeping it seperate.

edit 2... what u mean all the pple who don't have wiis? the game is for wii. if they don't hvae a wii they don't have to worry about it. pretty much the tournie organizer follows the standard rule for create a stage then loads it onto teh wiis when they come, it only takes lik 2 miutes per wii.

Geist

Smash Master
we dont really need seperate rankings. we're the same people every time arent we? showing two different rankings with the same people in both of them are redundant and kinda confuzing.
the rankings should be updated after every tourney, cuz having it stack up would be pretty space consuming and after a while, I wouldnt care where i placed 5 months ago.

GTA rankings are close to MLG rankings. MLG rankings work, but we should throw in challenges just to shake things up considering that MLGs are made for like 500 people at a time, and they also support leaderboard rankings which basically go from Ken to some random guy who decided to go to an MLG and got *****.

i wouldnt want to see a challenge rank and an official rank right next to eachother.
challenges, as i see them, might be a good way of getting ranked matches in between the monthly tourneys.
shoutouts are great, but you dont need different rankings to do them...

think of it this way. toxn is number one in bramton. until someone gets better than him, than he is still #1. ka-duh.
1st, 2nd, 5th all at the same time doesnt get us anywhere to see who is the best.

*edit: if i seem pissed i am. im tired, sick, annoyed, stressed and cant breathe out of my left nostril cuz its stuffed. so if i seem uptight its because i am. ignore my offensiveness but heed my advice. i saw the simpsons movie. it wasnt a total failure, but if i laughed to hard my head hurt. =( *coughs, gags, collapses*

WIGI

Smash Champion
well like, what i meant is have tournies completly seperate, thay don't combine how sumone ranks in one tournie plsu how they rank ina diferent tournie to determine their rank right? they just ahve 2 seperate ranks for each tournie. but w.e. it would be space consuming, but i don't think that every tournie should just ovveride the challange rankings, IF thats what your planning to do, i could, and have been wrong before.

Desh.

Smash Lord
bren the way it'll be useless if because LIKE I'VE SAID. ok u can use the i dont care but i wont organize it for this reason and many others.

innacurate ranks DO NOT ACTUALLY SHOW WHATS WHAT.

if u want i can jumble up the names of brampton smashers and it'll eventually be the same as what challenging system will be.

it shows nothing. nothing that involves who's better. it shows the peoples names. how many people are in the ranks. how many ranks there are. but no logical position of ranks.

if (lets say...) the world rankings for soccer ( i'm talking countries...italy germany portugal etc.) were based SPECIFICALLY on how some1 does in a tourny or in the world cup the ranking would be innaccurate and render the world rankings useless.

i'm sure probably none of u know because u all know ( from the comments i've seen) very little if nothing about how ACTUAL . OFFICIAL ranks work (accept iots) but

how teams do in the world cup matter not so much on the world rankings. last i checked after the world cup italy was 9TH. NINETH. N-I-N-E-T-H. NOT 1ST. THAT WOULD BE IDIOTIC.

if italy was the best team in the world that would be dum ...i would be proud....but it would be dum.

the world ranks are based partially on how a team does in the world cup... but mostly on how consistently well a team does in exibition matches and charity matches and any match played.

almost every ACCURATE RANKING SYSTEM is more based on how well a team does overall on all matches they play. if they were to make rankings based on simply a challenge or the world cup it would be inaccurate and make the world rankings useless

rankings are made to show who is better then who. if the ranks are innacurate then it wont show who is better then who...and in turn make those rankings useless.

i've proven my point.

as for the "its not flexible enough" b.s ....i've proven that to be wrong also...
i agree challenges could be used ...but very limitedly. they should/ would only be used in a case of a hard decision of who is better and should be settled by a challenge.

other then that there isnt much use of a challenge.

combining both wouldnt be horrible but challenges could only be used under these circumstances so that the results are accurate

1. the challenge participants can only be 1 above or 1 below in rank
2. should be really hard to tell who is better (in other words they should be extremely close in skill)
3.EVERY challenge should be accepted.
4. no more then 1 challenge in between updates of rankings between 2 people.
5. should really only be used to make a decision on who gets a rank when the ranking are updated

eg. we cant decide who deserves 2nd rank so steve and zack have a challenge to decide.

i'm willing to mix them together if it works like that. then it will be really accurate.

but yea i'm not gonna do simply challenges and if i do mix them challenges will definitely not take a large
role at all.

the above is the best way imo to mix the 2 together .

YOU CAN VOTE ON ONE OF THESE .
1. CHALLENGES
2. GTA SYSTEM
3. MIX OF BOTH ( GUIDELINES STATED ABOVE IN TERMS OF HOW CHALLENGES SHOULD BE USED.

THERE?

WIGI

Smash Champion
Theres 1 more option.

MUTINY!=P

lol. vote challanges.

yeah italys soccer team sucks... hate to say it. and im part italian. but brazil pwns.

so does man u for teh otehr devision.

Geist

Smash Master
eg. we cant decide who deserves 2nd rank so steve and zack have a challenge to decide.

i'm willing to mix them together if it works like that. then it will be really accurate.

but yea i'm not gonna do simply challenges and if i do mix them challenges will definitely not take a large
role at all.

the above is the best way imo to mix the 2 together .
funny. ive been freaking saying that since the words "ranking system" appeared on my msn screen.

WIGI, of course we will showing who came first in a tournament, the problem is that if we used those as primary rankings it would be really really odd.
its fine to do this:

last monthly tourney--------------- (this is purely hypothetical... xD)
1.blowtoes
2.Toxn
3.Pyroloserkid
4.LoZack
5.Desh
6.Wigi
7.HylianBlade
8.aAndy
9.Power_fox0
10. Kryptic
11.a(whoever the hell he is...)

shoutout to blowtoes for winning blahdeblahdeblah. good match pyro blah blah blah WIGI blah blahToxnblah.

not good:--------------------

challenge rankings:
1.Pyroloserkid
2.Toxn
3.blowtoes
4.LoZack
5.Desh
6.aAndy
7.Power_fox0
8.Wigi
9.HylianBlade
10. Kryptic
11.a(whoever he is...)

tourney rankings:
1.blowtoes
2.Toxn
3.Pyroloserkid
4.LoZack
5.Desh
6.Wigi
7.HylianBlade
8.aAndy
9.Power_fox0
10. Kryptic
11.a
thats kinda dumb to do, but of course well show tourney rankings, its just well use them to replace the last rankings cuz it would be bleh. and repetetive. tooo many ranksssss

i <3 ac milan
they are teh 1337.

chelsea=pisses blowtoes off cuz they are so winz.

BLOWTOES VOTES HYBRID SYSTEM

my trusty friends at 1up/EGM say this.
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164124&sec=REVIEWS
i trust these guys 100%, so im pumped for galaxy.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
My legs are gonna be soar as **** in the morning..
Biking for a few kilometers on semi-flat tires is ****ing exhausting.
I was wondering why you were going so slow!

lol...and u DEF cant use made stages unless other people in the tourny have played them and are used to them or else u'll obviously have an advantage. u would need someway for everyone at the tourny to have had a chance to know everything about the stage u've made just as well as u do.

so made stages= not so good idea in my opinion .
Or you know, just make FD.

Anyways, I'm tired of the Desh/Wigi arguement. You both are nubs and I pwn you.

Ranks are fun, but are for nub luckzorz. I don't care about the ranks, because I know how good I am and where I am "ACTUALLY" placed.
I don't care what ranking system we have, as long as people have fun. You could put me at the bottom for all I care because I know I'm good, and I don't care what you guys say.

THE END.

Also, blowtroes iz t3h dunbz.

Desh.

Smash Lord
i agree with pyro ..i play cuz the games fun ..but if people want me to organize ranks... dont make it a waste of my time. thats all k?
in other words i wont do the challenge system. its gey.

but yea. no more debate...i'm done. let people vote and thats that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom