• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

t3H SUP3RR TREEDDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
This nub who thinks he's good because he double jumps, and then fire bird's you. And double jumps and dair's you. And when he actually hits you, he thinks he's the ****.

Desh.

Smash Lord
read my rant on 34 pl0x.

edit: also heres alil shout out thingy i guess

to teh caledonia's gg's lol srry kryptic for teh sending u to teh loszar bracket quick time...gg's lol ..."FRICKIN CAMPER"

rofl abel i never gots to face u !!!!! D=
gg's in the links ditto rofl that like the rare occasion i get to see one xD

stephen..thank u for horribly and savagely beating me. =] it was fun rofl

wigi. grrr u child i still <3 u rofl (in a non homo sexual way =/ ) but still grr.

steve. gay.

zack. rofl gj on beating nearly every1 there today xD i shall surpass u and ur telekanetic knowing all of what is going to happen-ness D=<

andy grawr must faceu again..only got to in teh teams matches

um um um...whom else

desh. gg's on everything... ur 1337.

i think thats it...if i missed u...wow im slow...there was only like ...8 of us? =/

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I read it. I agree with you in the sense of consistency, but how often will ALL of us be able to get together? Also, we get our butts handed to us at tourney's, so we can't really do any ranking crap there...

So considering the situation, the challenge system is best.

Desh.

Smash Lord
how? we cant see who does better at tournies? it doesnt matter if we get ownt really it matters how much better we do?

also we dont necessarily have to be all together all the time..there are FOUR directors...2 for each area caledon and brampton..that should be enough to see how every1 plays until we all get together so we can still make accurate decisions. just remember friendlies that occur every thurs, every 2 weeks at biweeklies...and the ones that pop up randomly like on saturday. theres plenty of time to see how eachother play u cant make it seem like those thursdays are the only times. cuz if ur planning to hold smash fest and we go to other events we'll easily see.

and theres no point in using challenges for rankings..cuz it doesnt end up being ranks...its inaccurate...i've proved it. its not rankings if theyre not right.

but yea..i wont take part in organizing an inaccurate ranking system..it is literally a waste of time cuz it means nothing if they arent accurate.

so if u guys REALLY wanna be dip chits about it and make pointless ranks handle the crap urselves.

i'm willing to do it accurately and the right way.
other wise count me out of the ranks and not part of the organization...wich includes i wont be posting it on my thread. seeing as how its the "official" btown thread.. i think things should be more "official".

p.s im not doing this to enforce my way . i honestly dont care but i'm not gonna update and keep track of stupid and non sensicle things. waste of my time. so sorry if that hole bit sounded rude in anyway ....it wasnt meant to be. im just stating facts .

WIGI

Smash Champion
BAH CHRIS. caint you see that everyone woud prefer challange system? its nto all abotu acuracy, cuz acuracy also come with felxibility, wich is what we need, and teh challange system offers flexibility. If your to blind to see this. If you don't want to do it, get a diferent director to keep track of it. a good leader does what the people want.

p.s...uplaod teh drawing you did blowtoes =)

edit:wait... snail mail it to me...its still faster than yoru comp.

edit2...and you dont have a scanner.

edit3 and your theaory has....loopholes...

just cuz im better than you, but not better than lets say pyro,

but yoru betetr than pyro, but not than me doens't mean its not acurate.

i may just struggle againts his STYLE of play, or a char that he uses, makign it a harder matchup for me, and you may struggle againt me but not him, but in reality we all ahve the same "skilllevel"... this is much teh case with me you and andy.. we all have generwally teh same skill level, but beacause we each play diferently, it causes us to win or loose. its not inacurate persay. it would happen no matter what style of rankings we had.

Desh.

Smash Lord
wigi ur honestly an idiot.... challenge system isnt fkn ranks ...its a list of people.
i just said if u want to have ur list of people . go ahead. but it wont show true ranks. it'll show who won a match against some1. in wich case. i've won a match against adnan...i guess im one of the best in the gta? ...uhhh no.

just like i said. theres no poin of having inaccurate ranks. ur an idiot if u believe there is.

edit: and actually let me explain this to u .

say rank #3 beats rank #1 by luck. ...they switch. then the person is stuck with an injust rank until the next challenge is made (the next week) and in between then other idiocracies occur...soooo say because #3 is no #1 ....#1 is now an easy hit for #2...and when thos switch say #5 or 4 takes out #3 or 2...those get mixed up...it doesnt get more accurate as it goes along...as long as say ..2 lucky matches occur ...a week....it just gets worse and worse.

i know a lot of what i said doesnt make sense...too much #'s but u get what i mean? things get unjustly ranked...then they get kick around..then it becomes a chain mess.

and in the end... #3 should never have gotten #1's spot. because #1 is still a better player.... its just #3 got lucky. so thats where the mess starts. the fact that consistency doesnt take part in this even in the least is ******... the only that takes consistency is winnning every ranked match..and ****... even ken cant do that....i suppose lucky is now better then isai and ken? >.> ....NO. gg lucky beat them both with 1 stock and 145 %...who cares? gg he won a match...that does NOT mean he deserves to be #1....but of course it should be considered and should definitely show he has skill wich would be considered doing it gta style...so he would rise in rank....

challenge system = fail.

have fun kiddies.:dizzy:

WIGI

Smash Champion
its not inacurate, its constantly changing to strive for teh top, it gives everyone a chance, it makes it FUN. im sure otehres agree aswell. just put someone incahrge of runnign it, that is, if you don't want to.

P.s when are you free next week so i can coem oevr for that challange you wanted?

i know your prolyl joking, but if you werent, youc an only challange teh 2 ple ranked above u and teh 2 anlked below you =P

WIGI

Smash Champion
maybey you just want my rank back? cuz it seems to me your saying i just got lucky to beat you. and that it got mixed up with me you and andy. So here. TAKE MY RANK IF YOU WANT IT. cuz it seems to me ever sicne i ebat you youve been picking apart yoru own system. so tehre, you number 5, im number 7, OR you could just challange me for it again. if im CONSISTANT enough, il get to keep my rank.

Desh.

Smash Lord
i dont give a **** about the ranks !?! but u want me to keep it in order? and it seems u have no logic to prove my posts wrong. but no 1 is man enough to admit some1 is right? honestly? note the fact that i'de rather not even be on the ranks if its being innacurate. im not gonna lie. i KNOW u dont deserve ur rank. andies better then. im better then u. and through what i've seen tonight abel and even dan are too.
through CONSISTENCY. that is. u beat andy with illegal stages. me with a broken controller. i dont want ur rank though i honestly really dont give a chit. but why bother having ranks that dont make sense?

i've proven my point..and ur reply is basically going at me directly of accusing me of tryin to change the system for a rank? Look buddy.. when ur wrong. ur wrong. EVERYONE agrees the newer system (actually old gta system) is more accurate. YOUR the only 1 taking any of this debate into who gets what rank. i stay away from that for the very reason i dont give a chit...but since u bring it up...yea ..u DONT deserve where u are.
either way...it seems u dont have any reply to this debate that has something to do with the system...seeing as how u randomly come with this i want ur spot crap...so basically i'm done.

unless u have some actually proof and/ or logic proving the gta is better ( in terms of accuracy considering thats the fkn point of ranks?) that i havent proven wrong..please throw the idea around...other wise stfu... i'm not going to have anything to do with ranks that doesnt make sense.

i'll wait till i'm good enough to be ranked properly in the gta ty.
cuz this is b.s and u know it.
anyways i'm still here so yea...in terms of how it could be better..instead of this flexibility crap and.."oh u want my rank" b.s please do tell cuz i'm feelin like a need a good laugh.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i never said it wasn't MORE acuarate, is aid it doesn't suit us. it suits a larger comunity. I nevr said i want you in charge of it. However you ARE in charge of it right now, so i asked you to pick sumone else to be in charge.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
combine both <_< like what i said earlier

I've never been in a tourney before and after today, I think once a month is fine,
even if it was only 8 people. It was kinda a pain to wait in turns with 1 Tv..
I really hope we can get more tvs and cubes next time it happens.
Assuming there is a next time
It was fun either way

Desh.

Smash Lord
but it doesnt suit ANY RANKING SYSTEM? WICH I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DRILL THROUGH UR HEAD FOR DAYS LOL.

its not as accurate...its easily messed up. easily screwed up soo severely beyond repair...i've gone through both systems...asked people....and this challenges just dont work in terms of giving results

ok it may be easier for u guys to meet up. gg.
point is....if u cant make the little bit of time it takes every once in a fkn while to come play and show people u stuff. u clearly have things more important. if u really want ur rank ur REALLY gonna have to prove it.

challenge system for the at LEAST 100th time....isnt a ranking system...its a list of people that changes order every so often...that really shows nothing about how good one person is compared to another.

eg. (read my other posts. i'm too lazy to repeat myself)

and seeing as u went back to the flexibility crap again and cant come up with any other reason ...and the reason has been thwarted by dum logic... i'm done

and by dum logic i mean

if u wanna be on the rankings..try ur best to show. if u cant. u cant. if u have a good reason. it'll be considered... but with the way it is now...its not ranks..thats all.

the ranks 'll prolly be taken down soon
i unno.

Desh.

Smash Lord
*googly eyes* =3

david ur sheik is tooooooo gay!!! D=
U WERE SO CLOSE TOO. also ur 2nd stock..wtfx? lol u actually thought he wasnt gonna hog that ? xP

eh who am i to talk...xD gg right there man...happy i've never faced ur sheik xD

also was this the one that just passed? wish i could've been there D=

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
lol i screwed up on the edgehog thing

no johns.

what ****ed me up was
- my smash di sucked on his uair normally i get it >___>
- the missed uair
- the missed fair

lol no johns i'll beat raynex one of these days :laugh: but lol tbh i don't care raynex is better than me and he's too much fun to play ^__~

Desh.

Smash Lord
yeai noticed the u air ....meh still a really close match tbh i though u were done right before u caught up and took the lead...u could prolly take him xD

but yea bernard is hilarious...i dno...if it was just me..but he was like talking to himself while we played...and his fox is soooooo technical....its really scareyy rofl but jesus christ..that was a come back and a half...props to u . ur officially one of my favourite gta smashers rofl xD

edit: also just to make it easy ...

lets just have a vote
if u want the challenges then post u want them
and if u want the gta system (not sure of any other name for it besides the standard ranking system) then ...post it lol...

like i said before...i'll keep it organised for the standard stuff ....cuz then its not a horendous waste of time.
if u want the challenge thing...make ur own brampton ranking thread....u can still use this to post random stuff ..but yea... i'm officially boycotting idiocracy in terms of obviousness for life.

and if it ends up challenges...dont include me in the ranks. i'll play to rep myself.
if ima be ranked it'll be according to whats real, factual, logical, sensible, and not something so messy and unaccurate.

that is all

so vote away.

Desh.

Smash Lord
naw b. i'm not gonna b ranked. if its not accurate. also
i PLAY smash to have fun. the game itself is fun. wich is why i play and wich is why if i'ma be ranked..it'll be correctly.

other wise...i'm goin solo all together. stubborn people whom lack common sense ruin things fo sheez.

accuracy is more important then if u can make it. gg if u can make it some where but who gives a crap if the crap is innacurate.

done and done. if it leads to challenges.... our b-town thread will lack rankings because i refuse to resort to such idiotic logic.
and another thing it'll be lacking is me.

Crooked Crow

I don't really watch a lot of Fox vids, but..
Wow.. I love how RaynEX moves around.. Everything seemed to.. Flow.
Either that or it's just the TV. <_<
Good matches, you were so close on the comeback in the first one.

Desh.

Smash Lord
it's just the t.v ...i can pwn dat noob. lol bernie if u see this im j/k <3 rofl
dont hurts me :|

Desh.

Smash Lord
hey btown people...if i can get rides for some of u ...who wanna come with me to sleep at the venue? its a empty house..just bring crap for urself. this isnt confirmed..and probably wont happen but j/w who'd wanna come..preferably closer the better...

i'm gonna be sleeping there the night if i go. so unless u wanna do that dont reply lol.

edit: woops sorry for the double post.

Crooked Crow

Maybe I can go.. Chances are really low since I might have to go get a haircut this weekend, and it's really irritating me lately.. -_-
I was supposed to go last week too, and even the week before that..

If I CAN go, I'll try to bring like a pillow and a jacket to sleep in or something <_<
I doubt I could bring a big blanket with me.
And if I can go, and you get a ride for me, should I like meet up at your house
like in the afternoon on Saturday or something?

I need info to go too, like what the exact address of it is. Maybe even a phone number too,
so my parents don't get too worried.

Desh.

Smash Lord
theres no phone # im guessing since its an empty house lol....also....i unno adress either..i gotta wait for adnan...so yea..i dont think i'll make it but if i do. i shall inform and see what happens

Desh.

Smash Lord
big smashfest tomorrow at this empty house apparently
u can sleep there or w.e

i unfortunately cannot make it... DAVID U MUST COMES DOWN TO TEH B TOWN TO SMASH W/ PEOPLE. AAGREED? GOOD. I COMMAND U .

WIGI

Smash Champion
oh, im not here tomorow.. and if its an empty house...would there still be electircity there? like..noones paying the bills if noone lives there...

Desh.

Smash Lord
ummm that may be the dummest ting u said aside from " challenges are a better ranking system"

obviously theres gonna be electricity thus the fact that its a smash fest... and smasj kinda needs electricity ? no?

Geist

Smash Master
im all for a ride, and i can go, i just cant come over tonight... but i need the address. i need to know, cuz i need to tell my mom. not like she cares or anything >.>

david, epic vids =] i dont feel so scrub for losing to you now.even though you obviously werent trying. next time do. thats an order buddy.

and lolz so hard at the flame war.

bashing Words of advice to both of you:

Desh. just because your rankings dont go your way, doesnt mean you quit. thats what quitters do. and its ignorant. i dont even think wigi really cares anyways he keeps "your" rank. i thought rankings were supposed to change, thats what they are all about. suck it up and get better. =]

Wigi. challenging only ranks have very large gaps. VERY large gaps. it is realy inconsistant.
BAH CHRIS. caint you see that everyone woud prefer challange system? its nto all abotu acuracy, cuz acuracy also come with felxibility, wich is what we need, and teh challange system offers flexibility. If your to blind to see this. If you don't want to do it, get a diferent director to keep track of it. a good leader does what the people wantedit by blowtoes thats how they get elected. a good leader does what the people need. rights>privilage.
so im understanding your thinking, but you dont seem to make that strong of a point. sure challenging is flexible, and sure flexibility is a branch off of accuracy.
round robin is more flexible. it will allow these inconsistant flaws that we have with the system to be buffed out, and its accurate. best of all, its so FAR away from challenges that we dont have to kill them off completely.
Q: why fix something if its not broken?
A: to make it better.
it will break. fix it before it does.

im not saying drop chalenges, and im not saying challenges ftw. And im definetly not taking sides anytime soon. The best ranking system is one that incorperates everything, so it has no gaps. both of your ideas have gaps.
combine both <_< like what i said earlier
aAndy has the idea.

now, a true story from blowtoes. everyone gather round y'all.

ehem. today id like to share a story about the world rankings of one of the most successful games of all time---halo 2. You see, it all started in the 2004 world expo convention where all the happy little pros skipped and danced and shot stuff. One little kid, a boy of seven years old named little poison entered that day. Out of no where, he trumped all of those older than him and proceded to the finals. In an epic bout, lil poison grabbed his sniper, ran to the nearest hiding spot and camped. no one noticed the seven year old, they were too busy killing eachother. all of the sudden, the game was over. lil poison had won. the halo2 world champ was 7 years old.

"this is picking at desh's paranoia of unfair ranks, isnt it?" one might say. CORRECT!
do you know what happened later? Another tournament came around the corner, and lil poison was brutally ***** by the ogre brothers. end of story. fair ranks.
someone at the top where they shouldnt be? tough. they wont be next time around. suck it up, get better, and kick their scrub ***.
the end. forever. no more flame wars k?

Desh.

Smash Lord
lulz not really =/
also, bawls.

edit: thats at what wigi said.
also bren... what i was planning on changing to is just as flexable.

DO NOT FOR A SECOND TRY TO TELL ME ANY EXCEPT PEOPLE U KNOW. WOULD GO OUT OF THERE WAY ON A BUSY SCHEDULE TO COME TO UR PLACE FOR 30 MINS AFTER A CHALLENGE AND LEAVE. CUZ UR WRONG AND U KNOW IT.

the way i plan it...EVERY OCCASSION can be looked at. and if u cant make it to the things we do to get together...dont kid urself..u wont go out of ur way for a challenge

i'm not quitting cuz i'm a quitter. i'm quitting because if i'm to be ranked. i'de like to be ranked properly. end of discussion. theres not point in having inaccurate ranks. i've proven my point so many time...i'm beginning to start all my sentences explainin how its true.

like i said. if u want to have a list of names that means nothing towards whom is better then whom. go right ahead. but i wont maintain it. and i wont take part of it. its useless.

for the 100th time. challenging system is too unbalanced and flawed to even be considered. if hadnt thought of it in the first place. no one would have cared. sorry for thinking of it..it was an honest mistake...

but to be ranked injustly isnt fair. and i could suck it up and work with it. but i'm not a complete idiot and dont fee like wasting my time.

and fyi ....based on consistency...and a proper way of ranking some1 i'll just point it out...the ranks should be

stephen
steve
lozack
blowtoers
desh or andy...not sure yet
wigi or abel or kryptic (imo abel)
wigi or abel or kryptic(imo wigi)
wigi or abel or kryptic(imo kryptic.)

and if he doesnt give a crap how come when hes backed into a corner without any further logical arguement..he resorts to that? note i havent even mentioned any1's rank in specific .... especially not mine cuz i cant say i care. i play the game to play. end of discussion but because people want ranks...i try and make it logical and accurate...the fact that he seems to be fighting so soley on his rank is sad. dont deny what i've said is true.

ranks are coming off later tonight after every1's done voting...or i'll leave it till the end of the weekend for everyone to vote.

anyways i'm really getting sick of this pointless arguement..if people want to be idiots let them be..they'll figure it out eventually.

i'm still playing smash...obviously..but for myself....i 'm sick of this idiocracy...people need to grow up and listen to reason..or just plain logic.

Geist

Smash Master
sorry for this little a-bomb, quiting would be ignorant, as you say you wouldnt host the ranks if hey stayed. seeing as you would still host ranks if it was done your way, that makes that statement ignorant. Ranking is never 100% consistant, and challenging isnt 100% inconsistant. cry about it =D btw, if people dont have the same opinions as you that doesnt make them stupid.

so, if you're bombing callenges, mind telling everyone exactly what you plan to do instead?
or are you finally going to go with combining the GTA rules and challenges?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------^
this is not a contradiction of what i said before in this post. im taking the opinions of both sides and am not biased...therefore it is not ignorant.

my word of the day is ignorant, tomorrow it will be defunct. the next day will be
Erinaceous. (like a hedgehog.)
then Widdiful( someone who deserves to be hanged)
then floccinaucinihilipilification (estimation of something valueless)
then Pronk (stupid person)
then Tyrotoxism (my fave. it means to be poisoned by cheese ;))
i know a million of em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom