• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
lol @ Unreon's post.

And it's possible for almost anyone...

I think I'm addicted to taking screenshots. I even tried to get some cool poses... >.>

Bjay

Smash Lord
Ohh man, that is awesome.

I know it's probably a silly question, but does it affect their gameplay in any way?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Not a silly question at all. They are only colour changes though, it doesn't change anything else in the slightest.

I can just tell there's going to be many people concerned about them though...

Bjay

Smash Lord
ah, that's good to hear.

Heh, I don't know why but I couldn't help but think of Multi Man Melee/Brawl, not that I'd think they'd be missing moves or anything, I just thought maybe they might feel slightly different or something. I dunno, I'm tiredd.

Still, that is awesomeee. These hacks are great!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
ah, that's good to hear.

Heh, I don't know why but I couldn't help but think of Multi Man Melee/Brawl, not that I'd think they'd be missing moves or anything, I just thought maybe they might feel slightly different or something. I dunno, I'm tiredd.
It is actually possible to use the Fighting Alloys from the Multi Man Brawls... but... they suck so bad. XD

If one were to use the yellow alloy, think of say, Mario with no specials, no ability to shield, dodge/roll/air dodge, grab the edge, and have a ******** floatiness that thwarts your every attempt to time a move correctly. Pretty lame. =/

On another note, it's easily possible for me to neutralise stages like Poke Stadium 2 and Warioware, by making the stage speed "0" instead of "1". Hence, no microgames or stadium changes.

EDIT: +no tripping

Gords

Smash Champion
@Shaya
Another tourney onthe sunday 22nd sounds cool, if you can organize it again it will give me a chance to play you shaya and test my toon link against your marth.
Also will this tourney be the item test tourney ar just the same as last time.

@Meteor
So how did you get the characters to look like that, i mean i know its a hack but what hack exactly and did you manage to get rid of tripping as well? What else can be changed? (Although i wouldnt want anything else changed apart from tripping when it comes to the game physics)
And can you just change the game to remove tripping only and leave the rest as is and if so will tourneys without tripping become the norm?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As much as I hate the items (Hell, I TRIED THEM HONESTLY).

Well, hate is not the right word. I just found it more pleasurable playing without them.
I said I'd have items on in the beginning rounds (swiss) and throughout the doubles.

And Gords:
Tournaments without tripping becoming the norm is extremely unlikely. I, nor should anyone, expect every person to acquire the right gizmos and what have you to run the cheats. There's also the question of whether cheats could be run to benefit the owner...
The game is as it is. The question of whether a tournament final would have a no-tripping situation is a really tough call.

Also, Gords, I'll probably be using my new main: CAPTAIN FALCON. (Or see how I do in a Toon Link ditto :D)

Gords

Smash Champion
@Shaya

regarding items:
thats ok i just wanted to know how it was going down thats all,i still probaby wont get much time to practice anyways but its still good to know how we will be playing.

regarding tripping:
to tell you the truth thats what i expected, and i completely understand why as well.
and when it comes to the final,I dont know, maybe the finalists can make that decision, ie. if both agree to have no tripping then we can plug in whatever needs to be plgged in and have without tripping, and not if 1 says they dont want to include the cheat. still i dont know much about it though or how it works.

regarding versing you:
Whatever character you like, i know you will give me a great challenge with whomever you play with and who knows i may even pull out my Shiek, as i have been working on her as well lately.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Alas, my Sheik is also dangerous...

But see 'Brawl' without tripping is a very different game.
Right now people's styles are very much about reducing the risks of tripping (luck favours the prepared).

A tournament without tripping means people would have to PRACTICE without tripping. It's almost changing the structure of the game.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Alas, my Sheik is also dangerous...

But see 'Brawl' without tripping is a very different game.
Right now people's styles are very much about reducing the risks of tripping (luck favours the prepared).

A tournament without tripping means people would have to PRACTICE without tripping. It's almost changing the structure of the game.

That may be a valid point, though I haven't seen many practicing catious play styles to reduce tripping... I know I didn't...

And my Sheik>your Sheik. ;)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That may be a valid point, though I haven't seen many practicing catious play styles to reduce tripping... I know I didn't...

And my Sheik>your Sheik. ;)
We havn't had a sheik ditto, so I doubt it :D

Edit:

About the tournament.
I'm going to be advertising to my entire faculty and try to have people interested to come. I'll be hopefully doing this via a mailout list. The mailout list would be giving exposure to (I think) well over 1000 students. Even if only 1% of those people show up it could be a very large tournament.

This is if CHAIRMAN (who I just emailed) doesn't have any issues, and after that BIG BOSS doesn't have issues either.

If I follow through with this the tournament rules things I was discussing and planning to implement may be scrapped. I.e. big double elim tournament, no items etc. I'll most likely seed the top 8 from last time in this case.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Well, for one most people don't dashdance much to reduce the chance of tripping. And I'm a big supporter of dashdancing in Brawl, so I know I'd do it a lot more if tripping was out and others probably would too - which does change things a fair bit.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Well, for one most people don't dashdance much to reduce the chance of tripping. And I'm a big supporter of dashdancing in Brawl, so I know I'd do it a lot more if tripping was out and others probably would too - which does change things a fair bit.
I always thought people didn't dashdance as much or something in Brawl because it was more difficult to pull off compared to Melee.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
I've developed a habit of dashdancing in Brawl, it looks pretty ********.

Oh and btw Shaya, I'll probably be able to bring a really tiny TV (it's CRT so no crazy lag or anything, it's pretty good I guess) and a Wii to the tournament.

xeno

Smash Ace
I thought the mindgame benefits were close to nil (you hardly move direction, right?) and it's just +++ chance of tripping.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Dashdancing is the new 'wavedashing' for me (for Brawl).

Those who notice a certain quirk I have when they have matches with me will know what I'm talking about (Simon and Tom for example would know :p).

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Bleh, anyone up for a tournament on Sunday 21st?

I'll start pulling the strings again and see if I can not have any issues taking the room again.

Edit: oops Saturday definately won't be happening.
Could you possibly move it to the next weekend? If so, I can bring a TV and a Wii! *bribe bribe*
If it's any inconvenience to move don't worry about it and I do realise that the probability of you moving it to be low but I'm trying to get to a meet and you pick a date right in the middle of my exams >:

Cursed Prelims destroying another brawl meet opportunity

CRUMBS

Smash Cadet
Even if we keep the trips I still stand by our need for SSE colours and falcon punches in the winners screen.

ahhh.....ive seen that falcon punch video and oh man....you wouldn't have any sore losers if you could do that.
It would make me happy even though i would of lost the game.

speaking of exams

i have my exams now.....you guys hear about the Harbour bridge closing today?....caused me to be an hour and a half late (actually almost 2 hours) to one of my exams. GG!!

S.D

Smash Master
Tripping may be reek of fail, but its actually integral to some of the more legitimate combos in brawl, ie: jab lock.

People can take advantage of moves that have a high chance of tripping and combo/tech chase etc out of that. Take out tripping and you take out a lot, bizarre as that may sound.

And everyone knows about bjays crazy dashdancing lol

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I dashdance in-between kills to trip, and by doing that I lower my chances of tripping when I'm actually fighting

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Tripping may be reek of fail, but its actually integral to some of the more legitimate combos in brawl, ie: jab lock.

People can take advantage of moves that have a high chance of tripping and combo/tech chase etc out of that. Take out tripping and you take out a lot, bizarre as that may sound.

Actually, the hacks I mentioned only removed random tripping. Tripping caused by jabs, dtilts etc would still exist.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, I almost never trip when fighting, so it's a non-issue to me. Tripping works on probability factors and it is aggrevated by dashdancing, or any type of rapid ground based movement. You should realise that after you trip, you're less likely to trip anytime in the near future, so you can use that knowledge to your advantage

stupid cao theory anyway

unreon

Smash Ace
Not many people know this, but you have a set "tripping quota" per match. You cannot exceed this quota; I think its calculated now at 3.2 trips per stock or something.

So if you play a five stock match for example, the maximum trips you can get in that match is 16.

So Cao tripping in between kills is absolutely brilliant HAHHA

xeno

Smash Ace
Yeah, I almost never trip when fighting, so it's a non-issue to me. Tripping works on probability factors and it is aggrevated by dashdancing, or any type of rapid ground based movement. You should realise that after you trip, you're less likely to trip anytime in the near future, so you can use that knowledge to your advantage

stupid cao theory anyway
Sure about after you trip you can't trip soon? I think I've seen trips happen really close together..

Bjay

Smash Lord
Well Sydney, the brawl tier list is up.

Hehe I like how there's no bottom tier. ^^

I honestly thought Lucas would place a bit higher though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lucas and Ness both have guaranteed up to 15 or so frames of hit space to get them after they are grab released.

In other words every character who is TALLER than Lucas/Ness can grab release to an attack that will most likely send them flying. Because of this Ness/Lucas don't really have much booming match ups again many characters.

S.D

Smash Master
Lucas and Ness both have guaranteed up to 15 or so frames of hit space to get them after they are grab released.

In other words every character who is TALLER than Lucas/Ness can grab release to an attack that will most likely send them flying. Because of this Ness/Lucas don't really have much booming match ups again many characters.
Except for Captain Falcon, who eats their PK dust

Top Bottom