• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Dedu

Smash Lord
EGG providing most of TVs.

Jaz and Kulla will provide one each, I will provide another.
Anybody else to provide some more will get 'free hugs' on the day.

Yum Cha attendance list -
netch
luke_atyeo + 3 others?
CAOTIC
Bjay
Moi!
Total: 8

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
If you can bring a TV do it, we will need them no matter what...also copies of melee and brawl go down well...

SD: its at the broadway campus

See you all tomorrow

Dedu

Smash Lord
But there's a Group of Us Meeting Up just outside Central Station correct?
What?

We are meeting at Broadway St Campus. Its a very big ugly looking tower building with a very big open space out the front.
If you're lost, just ask Jaz or Xeno or ask someone at Central Station where UTS is.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Quick SCAB results. Shoutouts in some hours. Stu post the full results please!

Melee Doubles

1. CAOTIC + Bringer (Team Cute)
2. Kulla + Bjay (The Truth About Luigi)
3. Jaz + ComboTurtle (Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn)
4. sorry forgot

Melee Singles

1. CAOTIC (VIC)
2. Bringer (WA)
3. Kulla (NSW)
4. Bjay (NSW)

Brawl Doubles

1. Kulla + Bjay (The Truth About Luigi)
2. CAOTIC + Bringer (Team Cute)
3. Bojak + Sig? (Team F*** You)
4. sorry forgot

Brawl Singles

1. Kulla (NSW)
2. CAOTIC (VIC)
3. Bjay (NSW)
4. perpetual_ownage (NSW)

edit - too many edits

S.D

Smash Master
Great tournament everyone, I really enjoyed playing all of you.

Turtle - Extreme Marth dittos, I don't think my heart has fallen back into a regular rhythm since our finals match. I'm thinking there is some potential for team Marth next melee doubles? It would be formidable.

Bjay - I don't think I've ever played a closer set, with anyone... ever... i think my stage ban have to be mute city next time you devious man.

Jaz - Your falcon is too manly. Take some estrogen supplements before it gets out of control. Next time my climbers will have thier revenge.. I hope.

Kulla - Epic team matches, climbers vs sheik too close. I now know the truth about luigi and its all thanks to you and bjay. I hope I can find a beer as smooth as that sheik you play, it will make me a happy man. Congrats on your rather expected brawl success.

Zaidou - Played hard, done good. I hope we get a chance to play some more friendlies next time, i enjoyed playing you.

Cao - Too good, in every way, well played.

It was great meeting everyone there, hope to see you all again in the not too distant future.

Ps: Xeno's mo is the highlight of my life

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Zaidou - Played hard, done good. I hope we get a chance to play some more friendlies next time, i enjoyed playing you.
Aw, shucks ^_^" Likewise to You. I GUARANTEE Next Time, I will be somewhat decent. I was going to have a training montage with Eye of the Tiger on Full Blast, but the EuroVision Song Contest is on in......2 Minutes ago. I'm out for Tonight.

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
Great tournament everyone, I really enjoyed playing all of you.
I too enjoyed the tourney, some extremely fun matches and some very close ones between me and turtle - grudge match X10. All I can say is that bringer scares me... I need to work on being able to avoid projectile spam (says the Samus main) perhaps with Zaidou's perfect controller I'd play a bit better but I do look forward to the next gathering.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I look forward to it S.D. :p - great to finally meet you, your shoutout can be found here.

PS: Zaidou, those are what shoutouts are :p

S.D

Smash Master
Aw, shucks ^_^" Likewise to You. I GUARANTEE Next Time, I will be somewhat decent. I was going to have a training montage with Eye of the Tiger on Full Blast, but the EuroVision Song Contest is on in......2 Minutes ago. I'm out for Tonight.
You already are 'somewhat decent' man, much better than that in fact. It really doesn't help having noone around to play against but your technical skills were right up there. Training montage sounds like fun, just dont use any music from rocky 4.

forky

Smash Apprentice
Why did you only go down to 4th ranking!!!#!@#!

Great tournament.

IMO The biggest thing about it was the Jaz double. THAT SCARED EVERYONE.

xeno

Smash Ace
SHOUTOUTS:

Jaz -- Thanks for letting me crash at your place friday night. And nice Falcon.. I remember you 102%+Kill once.. :S
Kulla -- First, thanks heaps for the ride to the bus stop and for hanging on to my bag. Thanks for the advice on L-cancelling! I was trying to "wait" between L-cancelling and attacks to compensate for the 6F of lag or w/e!
Bringer of Death -- Impressive Yoshi, impressive skills.
Nietch - Glad you showed up! Good games.
Fork -- Always good to see ya, unfortunate C-stick settings :p. We're all pumped about the meets @ your new place!
Zaidou -- Good games! Think more and win more! Great games, Smash & Guilty Gear
Turtle -- Good games. Nice Marth and Sol skills.
Chicken Salad -- that was your SECOND DAY WITH BRAWL? You're a fighting game <b> prodigy </b>. We've got some cool ideas for the shuriken game -- let's totally ****ing make it!
S.D -- I am honored.
Pat -- Hope you had fun..
Cao -- Sorry I couldn't host you, but the party was actually in an abandoned military base and it was incredibly awesome. Danced until sun rise and beyond! The sun and clouds were at eye level.. it was amazing.
Gibz -- OH YEAH -- JAZ'S LOST BROTHER! :chuckle:

To everyone (and everyone I missed): I think that was an awesome tournament (never mind what Fork says about organization!) -- it was great to meet new people and vs. each other
Before Friday I hadn't played Melee in like.. 4.. maybe 6 months.. I remember the last tournament before Rambo lol).. I still got the hang of it after a bit, but I really want to play more and improve.
I am currently not in possession of a gamecube controller or PAL Melee, or a WII, or Brawl. However, I am totally willing to travel on weeknights to vs people if you'll host me.
Zaidou -- same thing, but I want to try out Accent Core! Is it the + version or the Testament's broken version?

SYDNEY SCENE (and Cao and Bringer) -- awesome day, great games, good times were had by all. Peace out. quantumpotato at h0tm4 dot il dot com dot dot dot

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw the nice sunrise. The flight pierced the low fluffy clouds in its ascent a lot sooner than i expected. It was amazing as much as it was surreal

forky

Smash Apprentice
I will do my shoutouts soon ... can't at work as my colleagues give me dirty looks.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I feel like an idiot posting my shoutouts in the other thread, when all the stuff seems to be going on here :p

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Xeno- does it really matter? They changed the Announcer therefore instant fission mailed.

Everyone else- I'm thinking of possibly Alternate-Maining ZELDA. Rate My death wish on scale of 1 to kamikaze pilot?

xeno

Smash Ace
Yeah but people play it.. and it's balanced.. me and CS were finding out the total Slayer / Testament bull**** in #R lol. We can just shout out the proper announcer voice anyways, I do that in #R :D

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
.......Yeah OK. That'll have to suffice.

EDIT: All I can gleam from the box in Japanese is the Title, It's 2D, and supports Motion Sensor Controls (but that's just silly and no serious Player would use those)

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
Everyone else- I'm thinking of possibly Alternate-Maining ZELDA. Rate My death wish on scale of 1 to kamikaze pilot?
Zelda = powerhouse +
with good spacing you can own with her, I think that anyone who really wants to use a character despite a low tier ranking just needs to take into account that they will lose if it's bowser... apart from that why the hell not.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but It's even more important now that MetaKnight Exists. Honestly, I Think Sakurai just did that for the lols.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Metaknight, Metaknight...
Metaknight in shining armour...

Yo! He's so broken he ain't no fair fight...

Metaknight...
Yes, Metaknight...

Suckurai really like his Evil Knievel soo much!
Will anyone be able to take on this spam biatch?

Snaaaaiiiike!!!

Nikita, grenade and C4! Take him on, baby!
You know you can do it!
Hell yeah! Hell yeah!

Metaknight...
Metaknight...

Slits wrist...

Jaz

Smash Ace
I stopped shouting-out a while back
i'm not to cool for it, i just suck is all ^_^

yes gibs and I are pretty much brothers, we should get a tattoo or something
like the banger sisters or something

or the 2 German bad ***' out of kiss of the dragon man they were cool.
a special thanks to gibs for lending teh muscle for the tv's and furniture

anyway thanks to people for showing up, it wasn't my tourny but it sounded like people had fun
though i heard it ended at 10:30 ._. wtf stui

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
gibz is all about the muscle. and somewhat about the knees.

first person to successfully complete a scar knee gets a push pop.

k....go.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
xenopost: theyre actually quite easy to do if you drop off the ledge using c-stick. my bad.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
scar knees = impressive but not particularly amazing imo...just ledge drop to knee. easier, faster.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Oh, I only just noticed Stu has his avatar as Chuck Norris again instead of Darth Vader.

Yayayayay :p

xeno

Smash Ace
Looks like someone is eager to get their post count up..
@Zaidou: Reviews on the play asia site say "This works perfectly with Guilty Gear Accent Core". GG has customizable buttons anyways.
@Jaz: z_z. btw that pizza place near your house - best pizza I've eaten in Sydney.
The most balanced way to do a Brawl tourney would be to do dittos only.. ;)

Top Bottom