• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
I could do that Stu, weekends would vary but Tuesday/Wednesday I can definitely always.

Why do you ask?

So yeah I'm all for the above including the free bit :p

OMG! MELBOURNE TOMORROW! ^__________^

Dedu

Smash Lord
I ask because we need to reignite the Sydney Smash Scene once again.
Trust me this time will be better because there's hype for Brawl...

Last year was great thanks to Kulla. <3
He can't do it anymore (atm) coz of work.
Someone needs to fill in his place!

Mucho amor, Stu

Jaz

Smash Ace
well, there are lots of new people, i reckon we should host some stuff
thats outside houses, like egg things

except the egg guy doesn't talk to me anymore = /
brinton thats his name.
i just can't do that stuff this year i'm sorry guys and its unfair to ask someone to step up per say, if one of us could... we would!

we should make a public location people can meet up to smash if they want to like consoles at the concourse or something.
there will be more people wanting to play brawl true, but they will want to play with...items
and skyworld

and wario...

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol at wario.

Hey, I think there would have to be an alternative solution to concourse.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Skyworld?

Oh yeah they do. Its lame when they play with items.
I still go to the concourse and play against couple people there but it doesn't have its challenge without you guys.
Fonti went there one day, expecting to find me at the place, turns out he attended during the times when I was in class on that day. XD

We could organise a Brawl 'open day' thing a few weeks down the track on a weekend. With decent Pizza or KFC!
It doesn't have to be after the PAL release date y'know.

Jaz

Smash Ace
true! we could schedule it for late may or something

we'd have to specify that its competitive brawl though, no items and the like
1 v 1

so many people dunno about that kind of smash, i guess we are going to be this separate faction of smashers
how lame

open day at the concourse or with this contact dave has snatched for us?

unreon

Smash Ace
How are you guys going in wifi brawl against randoms? Finding them pathetically easy, or is some good competition popping up in places?

Doubt the latter.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
How are you guys going in wifi brawl against randoms? Finding them pathetically easy, or is some good competition popping up in places?

Doubt the latter.
Random wifi is fail. %60 of the time when you do a 1v1, you get two CPUs to fill in so it is a FFA. Items are also fail. When I play a slow character like Snake or Dedede I can never get the smash ball because Items are on and I lose the match to some Super Sonic n00b. There are lot's of pikas that spam down-b on wifi too and they are no fun. Time matches are also no fun. I have vsed some skilled people but none that could beat me in a fair match. I only lose when it's random luck from exploding/imbalanced items and Smash balls/Dragoon or stages like 75m.

The only fun I get out of wifi is Dedede chaingrabbing an opponent on the corners of Shadow Moses for the whole 2 minutes.

EDIT: Lag. Lag also kills wifi. I will usually have no lag but when someone has a bad internet connection things go really slow. When two people have a bad internet connection you will either get disconnected or forced to drop out due to unbearable speed.

Skill on Wifi: I've seen one person who could Dedede chain grab and roughly 3 Snakes who could Mortar slide and do that sheild grenade throw thing. I saw a Marth player who was pretty good once.

Jaz

Smash Ace
samuel nailed it... specially the lag bit,
wifi is only fun for friends list

truth be told i can't do a mortar slide, i could find out how but i dun play snake ._.
I'm trying to give falcon a chance... its so hard

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Mortar slide is really easy. You just have to dash then c-stick down to dash attack and quickly c-stick up to Up smash. It's easy with Snake but I can't do it with other characters as the timing is very hard.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
Mortar slide is really easy. You just have to dash then c-stick down to dash attack and quickly c-stick up to Up smash. It's easy with Snake but I can't do it with other characters as the timing is very hard.

dash. thing #1. ok.
c-stick down. ok. i can dash to c-stick down.
to dash. attack c-stick down to dash? attack? guh?

and quickly c-stick up to up smash.....

i havent played much brawl, but that sounds incredibly complicated.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
yeah, sonic. although i dont really qualify as having a main per se, rather the guy i used for the 2 hours of brawl ive played.

is want play more brawl.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
ohhhh c stick down (in order to perform a) dash attack. not c-stick down - then dash attack. i get it now.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
was wondering if anyone (like stu for example :p) could let me know how to go about importing brawl from america? where to get the freeloader or whatever? what i have to do with it in order to play brawl? and also, if i am still able to play pal games on my (soon to be purchased) wii?

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
was wondering if anyone (like stu for example :p) could let me know how to go about importing brawl from america?
I have Brawl. I can be of assistance.

where to get the freeloader or whatever?
You get the freeloader and Brawl from play-asia.com. Thats probably the best place to get it and after searching around the internet for 20 minutes I have found that it is the cheapest price too.

what i have to do with it in order to play brawl?
You have to put the freeloader disc in your Wii. Wait for the horizontal blurs on your screen to pass two times. Eject and repeat. Place Brawl disc in your Wii and let the system update run. You can hen play Brawl. If your Wii is set at 50hz Brawl will not work.

and also, if i am still able to play pal games on my (soon to be purchased) wii?
Pal games will still work. Be aware of system updates though as they may potentially in he future disable the use of the freeloader.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
so id need to buy the us version freeloader and the ntsc brawl yeah?

sweet. will hopes have brawl in under 2 weeks. defz paying the fedex postage.

what did u mean by "10 chars"?

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
If you are getting a PAL Wii then you must get a Pal freeloader. 10 chars is a widely used term on smashboards as it is used in order to post anything lower than the 10 character post limit.

Type 1 letter then press post. You will understand.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I will let you guys know what's been happening in Melbourne so far, but I have to upload my camera pics onto Facebook and Smashboards for all to view.

Cao has some of my pics on his facebook.

Tourney was great. :D

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
anyone (preferably someone with brawl) feel like hosting a meet this weekend? need to get my sonic on

Bjay

Smash Lord
Fonti, there's a PAL release date for Europe for Brawl on June 27th. That'll work with your Wii =)

anyone (preferably someone with brawl) feel like hosting a meet this weekend? need to get my sonic on
Hmm.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Some guy called Ammeren placed high in Brawl singles and I've beaten him lot's of times online. I think I might have a good chance of being great at Brawl now.... "dreams of greatness"

Jaz

Smash Ace
too bad wifi doesn't count for much ._.

your chance is when sydney does a brawl tournie and you go to it
we should probably discuss that aye

like as a scene, what venue should we go for perhaps?
I've heard rumours of Fork's place

Bjay

Smash Lord
sounds good.

Discussion now is great, leaving it in the dark won't be any help.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Fork...

<3 Fork.
And Fonti too.
<3 :D (Just saw ur comment on Facebook) - should copy the pic here.

Chicka Chicka Bow Bow!
Brawl Tourney gets full support from meeee!!

Top Bottom