• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

xeno

Smash Ace
Plenty of people for tourney think - even 15 people is plenty :D. When are vids of Rambo up; I'd like to see them (?)

Bjay

Smash Lord
i cant really see a brawl tournament happening in sydney just yet...fact that it hasn't been released + small scene.....i dunno. prove me wrong guys.

went to the uts thing today. fought under the name Bjay because i couldnt be bothered typing mine in. good to see u, stu, havent seen u for a while.
lol. :p

i might be able to go to egg this friday.

Dedu

Smash Lord
histay oardbay eedsnay oremay ovelay.

/3<lay
igpay atinlay esuday.

Plenti of peepl will go to the tornament. Mark my werds!
ZzZzZzing at the venu wuld b grate if tornee went fer too days!
<3 <3 <3

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey guys.
taking 1st place in Melee and Sydney resident Kulla to take the 1st place for Brawl - a first major victory for Sydney's Smash Community.
...From the Rambo page of KOs. I didn't get to congratulate Kulla personally, nor did I get to thank you guys from Syd for coming and putting in for what was all-around a good show :). Well done and thanks a lot for being all cuuted xD. Hope to see a lot more of you guys in the Brawlage to come!

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Shaz, it was a fun trip over all...my only regret is that I didn't friendly any of the old melbourne pros in either melee or brawl , which was probably my main reason for going down there in the first place...but yeah...maybe some time in the future we might see you in Sydney.

Cute is a word that can mean anything in any context...its very flexible

xeno

Smash Ace
Can those with modded Wiis, or anyone who uses Freeloaders, tell me: do Freeloaders work? Is there any risk to modding your Wii if you know what you're doing? (nvm Turtle? I think, whoever bricked theirs clearly wasn't pro :) )

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol xeno - your post sounded like a rhetorical question.

---

The current Freeloaders work with Wii Updates 3.2E and lower.

We'll have to wait for the next update to see if Nintendo block out the next Freeloader. But Datel will just release a new version of the Freeloader.

Bjay

Smash Lord
i prefer my version - kyoote. =P

xeno - assuming by that post you're contemplating on freeloading or wii modding? ;o

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Freeloader is the more legal option and I thought you hated brawl. Why do you want to buy it now? Also last time i checked you didn't even own a Wii. Did you buy one?

xeno

Smash Ace
Jaz, mabye Sakuri hates you. and he’s bricked your wii.

-rest: considering buying wii. want ^C+. maybe brawl. for some reason. dun care about legality only functionality.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Our scene is sorta dying. [edit - at the moment it's sorta dying anyway]

Our scene is very small in number in terms of who is active.

How many people do we have active? I'm probably wrong but these are the only people I can think of at the top of my head (or at least, I think all of them are active/semi-active anyway):

Berimbau
Bjay
Chicken Salad
ComboTurtle
Dedu
FOnti
Jaz
Kulla
perpetual ownage
unreon
Xeno

But then, some (but it's not their fault of course :p) are just busy and what not and it's inevitable, which is fair enough, or some just don't post on the boards at all, which is also cool (except I think there's only one there that I can see :p)

It's been a while since there's been a meet (and I mean like, with several people too, rather than less than 4) too. The last time was probably at Jaz's/Kulla's.

Of course, the number ain't so bad, it's 11, and I've probably left out some people too cause yeah I'm totally blank lol.

[edit - not to mention, there's always plenty of lurkers, or those that just attend tourneys]

dunno why I brought this up, just thought about it since there were discussions about Sydney's next tournament and what not. I don't doubt the numbers though, cause I mean including an X amount of Sydney players attending, there's always those we've never heard of, and those not from Sydney who would want to attend. I'm confident the numbers would always be at least above 16-20.

Who knows, maybe the Smash meet related stuff just got to me. :p

---

I think I lost myself halfway while typing that lol so yeah I'll just end it there.

Thoughts? Opinions?

---

EDIT - Oh yeah, as unreon brought up not too long ago. Where ARE those Smash Revolution videos!

S.D

Smash Master
Our scene is sorta dying. [edit - at the moment it's sorta dying anyway]

Our scene is very small in number in terms of who is active.

How many people do we have active? I'm probably wrong but these are the only people I can think of at the top of my head (or at least, I think all of them are active/semi-active anyway):

Berimbau
Bjay
Chicken Salad
ComboTurtle
Dedu
FOnti
Jaz
Kulla
perpetual ownage
unreon
Xeno

But then, some (but it's not their fault of course :p) are just busy and what not and it's inevitable, which is fair enough, or some just don't post on the boards at all, which is also cool (except I think there's only one there that I can see :p)

It's been a while since there's been a meet (and I mean like, with several people too, rather than less than 4) too. The last time was probably at Jaz's/Kulla's.

Of course, the number ain't so bad, it's 11, and I've probably left out some people too cause yeah I'm totally blank lol.

[edit - not to mention, there's always plenty of lurkers, or those that just attend tourneys]

dunno why I brought this up, just thought about it since there were discussions about Sydney's next tournament and what not. I don't doubt the numbers though, cause I mean including an X amount of Sydney players attending, there's always those we've never heard of, and those not from Sydney who would want to attend. I'm confident the numbers would always be at least above 16-20.

Who knows, maybe the Smash meet related stuff just got to me. :p

---

I think I lost myself halfway while typing that lol so yeah I'll just end it there.

Thoughts? Opinions?

---

EDIT - Oh yeah, as unreon brought up not too long ago. Where ARE those Smash Revolution videos!
Don't fear Bjay, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there champing at the bit for some smash action. I myself am one that would attend a Sydney smash meet/tournament if I ever get the opportunity, living in Newcastle makes it a little more difficult but i'm still keen. I reckon a tournament could get good numbers, maybe if someone did up a poster or something put it up at tafe or uni people might be interested. Mind you they may also have no clue about smash.. Anyways how was rambo? Wish I could have made it.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Rambo was GREAT!

Smash scene needs moar <3
Stop lurk, post moar!
Plenty of people keen for Brawl - but melee is more fun to watch overall.
Proof of that was in the Rambo pics Cao posted.

Methinks best to start all over again at UTS. From there we'll go to revo.
I got plenty of time during the night to help set up another tournament in the near future. It should be set up within a few weeks from now at best.

xeno

Smash Ace
If you're reading this and haven't posted - fricken post. You can't play Smash against people you never talk to -_-.
I'm part of the Smash scene I just don't play Brawl -_-. I've played it, like twice in Sydney. It's.. almost fun?
Melee > Brawl. For those of you who have played Guilty Gear and wish to play it I'd happily train to see you and vs -_-. Also I haven't gotten into other fighting games, but who here has copies of any SF or MVC2, etc? What other fighting games do people want to play?
Upcoming fighting game "BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger" : http://youtube.com/watch?v=pMZ6D5rfuco

xeno

Smash Ace
Basically I'm saying we should revitalize the Melee scene and send our copies of Brawl to Sakuri and tell him to put more Pokemon in the next one.

Bjay

Smash Lord
phwoar - triple xeno post

lol, Gamefreak would probably end up doing that for Pokemon huh?

man, there's lots of slashing in that video.

Rambo was great S.D as summed up by Dedu :p

Hmm, your location is a bit far :p But hopefully when the next tournament happens you'll be able to pop down ^_^ good to see that you're keen!

Stu, what's this you've got plenty of free time during the night to set up a tournament? o_o Nonetheless, a few weeks sounds nice.

Speaking of which, is anyone going to EGG this Friday? Fonti? Stu? I'm going this week (and woah has it been ages!) and yeah ^_^ I'm going so I was wondering who else was going =P What time does it start? I can stay there for a fair while methinks.

Bjay

Smash Lord
it truly is amazing, isn't it!

Fontiiiiiiii are you going to egg this Friday?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Interesting article, would like to play it in HD :D

----

Alright, that's cool then. I'll be there at that time :p Look forward to it ^_^

Jaz

Smash Ace
yeah a friend showed me the zero punctuation brawl review
i laughed so hard
and now i laughed again at that

extra ordinary!!!

the mario stuff is gold would have taken farking ages
i guess there are people out there that just live for that stuff aye

xeno

Smash Ace
yeah a friend showed me the zero punctuation brawl review
i laughed so hard
and now i laughed again at that

extra ordinary!!!

the mario stuff is gold would have taken farking ages
i guess there are people out there who can be described as f4gs or brilliantly talented, or extraordinarily patient. I wish I was one.
Right. chars.

Bjay

Smash Lord
it totally is. ^_^

Is anyone going to egg tomorrow other than Fonti? If you are, please let me know, and what time you're arriving, and staying till ^_^

xeno

Smash Ace
You guys know how I'm always talking about how great and awesome Guilty Gear is?
Guess what. Proof. There is wavedashing in Guilty Gear.
I saw it on the forums and flipped out, then just did it myself.
Only one character can do it. The manliest of all the cast - Johnny.

Jaz

Smash Ace
did guilty gear get ignored?
on smashboards....
no wai!

post in quote editor!
jaz doesn't spell f@g with a 4

also you should check out the rest of zero punctuations stuff,
really awesome...
extremely

He reviewed guitar hero ^_^

Top Bottom