• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

unreon

Smash Ace
Where the hell is Fork? I've been wanting to watch the videos from Revo CD for awhile.

Asides from the Pat+unreon getting humilated against Peach doubles. *shakes fist at Cao+Kulla*

unreon

Smash Ace
Have it during the release of Brawl, I reckon.

Get into contact with a big shopping area where EBGames is doing a launch, and promote the community, and suggest that we host a tournament like what GameStop did successfully over the US.

A good way to grab some communitiy members, a good way for them to get more money. Win-win, and we get to violate the Smash Bros. innocents, which according to Pat "is the best feeling in the world".

Too bad I'm absolutely hopeless at Brawl, seriously. HAHAHA

Dedu

Smash Lord
I'll show them how sexilly
(is that even a word?)
merciless Zero Suito Semusu is desu!

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol stu, didn't you use her at Rambo? Or did you go with Falco? Or both? :p

Eww Falco ;o

----

Anyway...

Depends, we going with the PAL Release Date that Europe have (June 27th)?

Or we are waiting for our own Aussie PAL Release date? Which is...who bloody knows...

It would be good if we knew our date and if it was near, because like we could make the tourney near the date, it can sorta promote Brawl and the scene at the same time.

A big concern is numbers. Nonetheless though Brawl is quite well known, and not to mention many people have got the Freeloader, and what not.

But yeah I say have a tourney near the release date.

lol, just noticed on the European Boxart for Smash, they've got 12+ as their rating ._.

Dedu

Smash Lord
lol, just noticed on the European Boxart for Smash, they've got 12+ as their rating ._.
Yeah.

Smash needs more gore. Any less, it will be a kiddy game.
Kinda like Mortal Kombat.

Gotta wub those fatalities.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Been a while. Back from Japan w/ BRAWL and GuiltyGear ACore for Wii. Waiting on My FreeLoader.

Good to hear Y'all enjoyed RAMBO?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yeah.

Smash needs more gore. Any less, it will be a kiddy game.
Kinda like Mortal Kombat.

Gotta wub those fatalities.
It isn't already stereotypically perceived as a 'kiddy game'?

Meh, blood is blood. I find it to be nothing but an ugly distraction (Mortal Kombat's blood)

If there's to be blood, I prefer your typical cartoon blood.

But Mario and Link can never bleed.

They turn into trophies!

ZOMGWTFBBQ

hax

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
forks is out until quite late this year. hes staying in an apartment with his parents until his house gets built. once that happens, should be all good.

i could _potentially_ have a meet at my place some time soonishish.

pros: numerous tvs, a projector, a pool (maybe not so much of a pro in winter come to think of it), a bbq
cons: tvs are all in different rooms and cant really be moved, no wii, difficult to explain how to get to, far away.

its an option i'd look into if there was enough interest. not gonna happen any time soon though, as id have to convince my parents to a) let me have lots of people over and b) leave the house.

also, everyone would have to be well behaved. i know i sound like a douche saying that, but my folks are quite anal about that sorta thing.

my house is available every weekend (basically) for small meets, of like 3-4 people.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hey Meteor Master, long time! Got your messages..but I was having a fair bit of MSN login problems tonight >.<

---

Sounds pretty good Fonti ^_^

Let's see, since we're on about meets, I may as well bring up my situation too.

Well as of this point in time, I'll always be able to host Tuesday/Wednesday, but sorry to sound unmotivated but I pretty much don't wanna bother, so if you want to come over and play, as well as others then yeah pretty much talk to me about it and we can pretty much discuss it from there.

With weekends, it can vary, whether I have something on, whether I'm working, whether I'm free in general. This of course would probably sometimes be a sort of Tuesday/Wednesday thing, i.e. just ask, regardless if it's last minute or not, but sometimes I'll be not lazy and notify everyone/people on the boards, rather than 1 by 1, which I fail at anyway.

In terms of numbers for the meet. I can never really have too many. 2-8 is probably the best number (but I would prefer roughly 2-6)...Because I don't think I've ever seen more than 8 at a meet, and not everyone plays an equal amount of Smash but yeah those that have been to my meets would know it's a small house with only two TVs, hopefully I can move the TV to my bedroom soon..if it even fits in my small room T.T!

In terms of staying at my meet. Would pretty much vary from 9-6..sometimes a bit later. No reason, just most people seem to have naturally gone by then, sometimes a bit later, so I've just stuck with that time schedule xD

Dedu

Smash Lord
Not very clear yeah. You guys sound ambivalent about the whole meet sorta thing. At least state a definite time, day and how many people can come over.
Don't forget food!

Fonti however has one thing clear: His house is free every weekend for about 3-4 people meets.
Lets go raid his house for jewellry this sunday!
Just kidding!
>.<

I must smash someone... been hiding in shadows for too long...

GRAAAAAARRR!!
Lol I feel ya >.< Why not vs Perp on WiFi?

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
i'm not gonna give a specific time, because then itll just result in a slow trickle of people saying "i can't make that", "i can't make that", "i can't make that" etc.

but, for argument's sake, i'm thinking of having a smallish meet next weekend (10th/11th). now, remembering that i don't have a wii, let alone smash, how many are interested? this meet will probably not happen unless at least one person brings a wii with brawl. post on here if interested.

i will be reposting this every new page to make it easy for non-back-readers.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Okay... I've added everyone's fc on this page... just add me...

Also... If I am one of those 3-4 people, I would gladly bring my wii. ^^

Bjay

Smash Lord
Not very clear yeah. You guys sound ambivalent about the whole meet sorta thing. At least state a definite time, day and how many people can come over.
Don't forget food!

Fonti however has one thing clear: His house is free every weekend for about 3-4 people meets.
Lets go raid his house for jewellry this sunday!
Just kidding!
Lol I feel ya >.< Why not vs Perp on WiFi?
I'm gonna assume by ambivalent, you mean we're not sure, uncertain, or something along those lines.

At least state a definite time, day and how many people can come over.
That sounds as if we're nothing but obligated to hosting a meet.

Fonti was speaking about his meet prior to when he hosts, so at least some people would alread have an idea of what's up with his meets. I myself, was also stating my situation.

Fonti's meets are available every weekend (basically) for about 3-4 people, as you already mentioned.

I clearly stated the obvious that I'm free to host meets on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, and weekends would have to vary. I've brought up the rough indicator of attendance at my meets (2-8), as well as duration of my meets (9am-6pm).

I can't see myself being ambivalent anywhere ;s just a lazy **** who sometimes would just like to make last minute decisions (sometimes).

Despite that, I'll probably plan ahead anyway.

---

Also, via Smashboards there's always a lack of responses, for example towards meets. Kulla's posted details about his meets, despite that, there's always a lack of posts in responses to his meet, and if there are, it's probably as quoted by Fonti - "i can't make that", "I can't make that, "I can't make that" etc. (QFT)

Not that there's anything wrong with it, because there's always MSN for instant messaging, and it's good to plan ahead.

But sometimes it's pretty much useless, especially sometimes if something suddenly comes up and you gotta cancel the meet.

I've found with mine, last minute decisions have worked the best. e.g. I've asked Chicken Salad (who doesn't even check the boards anymore ;p) via MSN if he was interested in playing Smash, and it would be an instant 'i can't make that' or 'yeah sure why not', which is fine by me.

---

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks to the Sydney Smash Crew for coming down to Melbourne for the weekend. Lots of people down here want to go up there now, so I'll be ready to organise a bandwagon should you guys set something up. Let's hope a Sydney Hostel would live up to the crazyness of the Greenhouse

Word has it Kulla wanted to do something before he goes to Europe - now that Sydney has a Major crown at last, we might just have to come up there and swipe it

I'll help in any way I can cus that's what I do

Woxy!

Bjay

Smash Lord
If Melbourne come up to Sydney's next tournament. A Crews battle must happen! I can't remember the last time since S3 Cubed when there was a crews battle. Even then, that crews battle didn't finish! =P

Let's hope a Sydney Hostel would live up to the crazyness of the Greenhouse

I'll help in any way I can cus that's what I do

Like elbow dropping onto laptops, and flying across from bunk bed into lockers? :psycho: :lick: :laugh:

Getting Asian are We?
Psh, any sign of being Asian is purely unintentional. It's just some (now semi-habit) habit that developed 2 weeks ago.

Wait...I am Asian, it doesn't matter.

But hey, I'm Asian...but not Asian...if that makes sense.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'll house anyone if I can...as long as they don't mind potentially sleeping on the floor, as well as living a 40 minute train journey from the city :D

xeno

Smash Ace
Nick.. he said he's been ghosting. He mentioned your name Jaz, I thought he had talked to you.. but I guess he's still a ghost 0_0. Anyways Nick is someone I met on the train yesterday and he said he played Brawl with some friends, and found the Sydney thread but hasn't posted.. you should post and introduce yourself, Nick.
Is there a meet going on this wkend?

Jaz

Smash Ace
There are heaps of ghosts on the Sydney thread,
look at our views, in comparison to our posts, we've nearly caught up to the highest threads in Oz, I've known of them for some time :p

And I apologise to them all, if you've introduced yourself to me chances are i will probably forget your name till i meet your face, and I'm not giving any of you a good chance to do that being as busy as i am ._.
But Sydney will be holding a Brawl tourny once we find a venue suitable, there are talks about revolution Cd's again, or perhaps EGG but nothing looks concrete yet.

When we have a venue Kulla and I will endeavour to Organise a tournament, Seeing as he's the best brawler in Oz ;)
comes with the title pal sorry ._.
and if we do a tourny it will stretch for 2 days ._. one for brawl and one for melee, if we get enough interest, but sadly melee interest is diminishing all the time.
So unfortunately, untill we have a venue, and a reasonable price...

no tournies

as for meets, my place is the opposite of ideal + Tafe work/ income earning, so if anyone else wants to host i encourage it.

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol jaz's hidden contract for Kulla

as much as I'd love a Melee tournament again...

Can we really get the numbers for it? (I reckon we can ._.) Well, we did at Revolution, and it's been a while since we've seen a number like that. As you mentioned Jaz, melee interest is diminishing all the time.

It's too bad our scene ain't as big as Melbourne, otherwise the turnouts would always be nice.

Brawl brings in the numbers easily..and if it doesn't, it must be a Sydney thing LOL.

A tournament that spans over 2 days eh? I'm assuming this could be like a weekend thing?

---

Anyway there were a bunch of other things I wanted to bring up but I forgot...

Oh hey also, don't forget to always have the lone ranger TV with Brawl that randoms/casuals can just like play on. At Rambo it was like gold for them :o keke.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
What I mean to say is; Melee> Brawl. Please, let's not drop Melee just yet. Can't we do both? I am still having lot's of fun with Brawl but then I play Melee and it's so much better.

Bjay

Smash Lord
yeah don't worry, I think it's safe to say the majority of us love Melee more.

The problem would be the amount of interest, and with Brawl on the rise it's leaving Melee in the dark.

Of course as mentioned above, two tournaments (over 2 days) is an option...if there's enough interest.

Bjay

Smash Lord
No.

One tournament would finish. Pack up, etc etc [insert a ton of stuff in here for the inbetween period] and then tournament the next day.

--

Sydney has had a 2 day tournament.

S3 Cubed - Which Melbourne and Queensland attended.

The first one was on Sunday (which was just Syd and Melb), and the other was on Wednesday (which Syd, Melb, and Bris attended).

There was some discussion about it prior to the event, and it was decided that we'd just host two Melee tournaments, because of the inevitable different times each state would arrive to play Melee.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
i cant really see a brawl tournament happening in sydney just yet...fact that it hasn't been released + small scene.....i dunno. prove me wrong guys.

went to the uts thing today. fought under the name Bjay because i couldnt be bothered typing mine in. good to see u, stu, havent seen u for a while.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i cant really see a brawl tournament happening in sydney just yet...fact that it hasn't been released + small scene.....i dunno. prove me wrong guys.

went to the uts thing today. fought under the name Bjay because i couldnt be bothered typing mine in. good to see u, stu, havent seen u for a while.

more than enough people from sydney to have a brawl tournament... just a matter of whether theyll be there for melee.

Top Bottom