• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

xeno

Smash Ace
I think I missed out on something.
Tournament this saturday or 8 days from now?
I have been playing guilty gear not smash.. he he.

Bjay

Smash Lord
OMG YOU XENO POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!1111ONEE+

Yeah, tournament is in 6 days now :D

Only 6 days till SAS

Dedu

Smash Lord
Nope. I missed my pre registration mainly because I don't have credit card XD.

Is there any way to guarantee a secure spot in the games comp next weekend?

Dedu

Smash Lord
its not really a 'serious tourney' but more of an anime convention tournament. Its at SMASH, an anime gaming convention to be held on next saturday opposite UNSW.

Why are we going there when we fully know there are a whole bunch of n00bs there? To show those geeks that Marth and Fox is rapesauce!
Just kidding... Well all have to go there so we can have a venue to compete in. And its supported by Brinton rite?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Fox is a homo coz you cant find the time to bother learning how to SHL with him or waveshine into a gimp kill.

Marth is gay in his own way. All you need to do is pause > zoom up to him > OMG WTF he looks like a woman!

xeno

Smash Ace
Brinton's message on their boards says "Here are the rules, my word is law". So, no worries about dealing with some nooblet about how we run our tournament.
lol It's SHDL Dedu.. for the pros. ;).
Meh, I dont SHDL. I just shine until one of us dies. I have more trouble shorthopping then waveshining ;)

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yeah Xeno... I know a few ppl how SHDL. Bloody hard as hell to do. I just shine or uair/usmash FTW.

xeno

Smash Ace
Lol CT. Marth IS Fsmash, Sheik IS Fair, and Fox IS Shine, and Falcon IS Knee.
The only moves you gotta know. I have SHDL by accident before..
Did you know Fox can instant kill with a downthrow on the edge? If he's facing the edge they can get thrown down. I think I've done this once in Sydney, so it's not just NTSC. (Someone say something if I'm wrong as I haven't done this very often)

Hey, we should do money matches with random people.. "Fox ditto money match?"

Dedu

Smash Lord
CT: Fsmash for floaties and Dsmash for fastfallers. Depends which one you wanna do :p

Xeno. The insta gimp dthrow kill has been done on me twice. Its easy to avoid it - just don't get grabbed on the edge!

MM randoms? Good idea!

xeno

Smash Ace
Yeah, but they gotta be stupid close to the ledge to d-throw.
Course, back throw off the ledge is pretty good.. just dont get thrown by fox is the lesson. Or hit.. or shined.. or anything.. I'm readying my waveshining for Jaz's falcon..

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Xeno...if the person has any teching skills at all...which most semi-competent people do...it auto techs you off the side of the wall. And I mean comeon! Who cant tech foxes down throw?!

Bjay

Smash Lord
[rant] They so should have replaced that Pokemon Trainer with a Pokemon itself, oh I dunno...DEOXYS? Instead of making it a pokeball item :( It would have replaced Mewtwo nicely. With its standard, attack, defense, and speed form, it would be noyceee. Still, this isn't bad I guess. Anywho. [/rant]

So guys? When are we gonna arrive at UNSW + Meet up etc? What's the plan for the day?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
See I like the idea of the pokemon trainer have the three original pokemans, rather then some new-fangled legendary pokemon that you couldn't have possibly heard of unless you played the newest editions of pokemon.

This way everyone who played the old versions and not the new can still be all like "Hey those are pokemon that I know....awesome!"

But yeah...just my two cents.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I agree Kulla.

But still I prefer Lucario over that Poke Trainer or over some legendary new fangled mon that are in the next gen poke games... It would be a decent choice for the new Smash Brawl.
Its great to see that poke trainer doesn't get a chance to get beaten up - only his Pokeymans! [/sarcasm] Teach them d@mn kids about physical violence which is nonexistent in the poke games!

I wanted it to have Blastoise, Venusaur and Charizard XP. Not a baby squirtle and a teenage Ivysaur.

Farrking Sheet! The d@mn censor thingy muthafarker even censors the word "d@mn"

Bjay

Smash Lord
If they had a new Pokemon, I reckon it would have subliminally promoted the game more haha. :p

Alright guys, so when we meeting up at Smash seriously? Well I mean what time, and how much does it cost?

xeno

Smash Ace
wtf is that
[]
everyone want to get there at 9-915?
I d-throw killed somebody at one of the tourneys :0. Maybe it was just a meet.. but I did do it in Sydney!
I have practiced zip this tourney. I'm taking a radical new approach: I always seem to do better when I haven't played for a few minutes, so what happens if I don't play for weeks?
+_+. I've been playing other games in the meanwhile.. and improving heaps in them. I guess I'll probably get my *** kicked at the tourney, but who knows? After that though, I'd like to start playing seriously again.
Jaz and Chicken Salad.. I'm gunning for you both.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Oh so I'm not worth gunning for Xeno? :( That makes me very sad....

But yeah... Anyone check this yet: http://www.smash.org.au/schedule.html
Apparently we have two hours from 1-3 to sort out the qualifing rounds or some such...then there are finals that run for another two hours after that...giving us a total of.... four hours of smash...? Doesn't sound right. I guess it won't be swiss... As for those that think we could be playing all the time...remember that the tekken guys are there too...and they will have a large portion of the TV's and im betting there will probably be more of them then us...So...who gets the precedence then?

So yeah....how about that Smash eh?

Oh also...there might be a bi-weekly at mine on tuesday...I'll keep you posted...

xeno

Smash Ace
That's why I said get there at 9.. uh.. if they're open?
****, why don't we do our own tourney at UTS with all day? (Code..?)
Kulla you are easy.. nah, you're not. You beat me :X. But Jaz+Chicken Salad are better (vs me, I dunno if you > CS?), and not just better in a "I can beat you way", better in a "You're mid-tier and I'm mid-high tier" way.
Um.. I just watched.. a jigglypuff rest video.. that shows which airel to use on which character at which (very low) % to lead to a rest kill.. and know I think Chicken Salad is going insane.

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... LOSING IT!!!

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!........

I'm sorry for the get up but my jiggy hasn't improved at all i actually gave up on smash and i've declined ever since the last tourney...

... what am i nuts... maybe... how did i get stuck in this nut shell... hmmm... nuts...

Time spent as unbound spirit travels through dreams everybody is kung fu fighting... Lying in dreams at the ugly tower... an eye sore... i want a sex buddy... unleash everything and take everything... time when both hands meet... be there... i am willing to vs everyone for tomorrow... plan ahead for tomorrow... the day has come for me to face my demons...

Key notes: UTS Tower, 12:00pm - 4-5:00pm, Jiggy reach for the skies, No mercy, Last day to train, possibility of uni work taking over SMASH... Dark days ahead...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... My heart is a beating fungus...

Dedu

Smash Lord
I like Anime events - mainly because of the foooooooood! Some new stuff, some old stuff.

Kulla - their smash timeframe for qualifying rounds are ridiculously small for 10 people to compete smash wise. Then again, I assume they will have plenty of TVs to go round. If not I'll just hang around playing friendlies and a bit of tekken on the side. Will join other events... Ooh this one looks interesting - "Entering the Gaming Industry with Greg Whiley"
...srsly...
i want a sex buddy...
I got a sex buddy meself. It's called Me Junior.
Yeah its the last day to train for SMASH alright. Be there from 12:30 onwards.

SMASH on Saturday has a whole bunch of ...umm ...weird stuff through the day. Like Anime dating Game lolz. I can imagine that happening on TV but not IRL. Will go there... see what happens XD.

xeno

Smash Ace
fuuuuuuuck I'm working today. like every day.
Is it every friday? I might take one off to come to the UTS and play.
Chicken Salad is the most genius person in Sydney.
I want a sex buddy but every person I see is like a child to my mind..
All the wise live alone, they don't believe in me and I doubt them.
All the children run endlessly through each other, never waking up and never believing..
I have come to give you energy, but you refuse and chase the falsities of your life, not knowing that you are going to die but I survive..
It's things like this that make me want to snap.
But a few hours of rest keeps me from the streets
The unknown victim goes home again.. him I'll never meet (today)

but who can say,
what will transpire
tomorrow,
when I'm feeling lighter? and less concerned about my self
would you sacrifice another's life, at the expense of your health?

toothpaste tastes like mustard to those who eat it.

Top Bottom