• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, if chicken salad and mic are willing to stay until after 11 and jaz too, then i can make it tonight and we can finish the tourney late... chicken, if you see this post be sure to reply with how late you can stay. ill give jaz a lift home if i have to.

xeno

Smash Ace
Lol I've powershielded lasers and fireballs on purpose when I've tried before. So, if I can do it with no training a few times then I can get good at it.
Pat can I get a lift home too? Because catching trains after midnight is a ***** :p.

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... LATE...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... LATE...

Yer it all depends on kulla's announcement... (it could only be two of one things... 1. He has found sex buddies for ALL!!! OR 2. they have somehow got the parrot and the cat to have hybrids which are flying vampire KITTENS!!! and on the side note... VAMPIRE FLYING KITTENS!!!)

Sorry Jaz Scary colours are blood red (its kinda dark), haze blue with grey, black, white fog or smog, with distortions such as blured parts as in streaks or haze, red glow, and such and such...

ok got to go Kulla's place now...

Blood is thicker than water but loyalty is thicker than blood remember that...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Kulla

Smash Journeyman

Zomg Announcement in Red!! It must be important!

In anycase I'm announcing a new possible styling of tourney at a brand new venue!

Ever wanted to play smash on massive screens in comfortable leatherbacked chairs? Where there is easy access to food, snacks and trainlines? Well want no more!

I've been speaking with the owner of Game On Interactive in Miranda, an xbox 360 gaming lounge, and seeing as he has an interest in the humble game of Smash, he was keen on the idea of hosting tournaments there. And it really is a nifty place to play.

Now this post is only a preview post, there are a few things I still need to work out, first of all would there be enough room in there for 20 smashers? Secondly all the screens are High Def LCD's so, we gotta test to see if smash would lag any. Though it doesn't seem to have any at all for any xbox games... Also I want to see if there is enough space to have doubles and singles etc all at once...

Also another draw back being the fact that it is a business, and not a free deal (like egg and uts), so if we were to hold a tourney...it would most probably be $15 on top of the usual $10 (5 for singles 5 for doubles).

So the real big question is: Would you guys be willing to try it out?

(Also I'm going to run a trial group there, to see if smash works on the tv's, if smash ends up not working when we test it...hopefully you enjoy xbox games...but it will most likely be on a friday night or something as i normally work weekends, but let me know if your interested in coming.)

Game On's Website for those interested: www.gameon.net.au.

Kulla Out

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Results of finished tourney at my meet:

Chicken Salad: 3rd

Jaz: 2nd

Pat: 1st

See ya at the next tourney guys...

unreon

Smash Ace
Congrats Pat on the win - I will one day avenge that four-stocking >.> Who else went?

WOWOW I'd definitely pay $15 for bigger screens, bigger prizes, and more coverage! Awesome news. Located close to Westfields too; that means close to station; will make it far easier to get around to.

Xeno: Go ahead and learn powershielding. I'll switch to Marth >< And yeah, Ada's a game character. Doesn't mean she's not sexy. It's not like I fap to her :/

Jaz

Smash Ace
well, i'd be considered almost like syke if i didn't congratulate pat on his win ^_^
good job!

ok guys i have some good news, my mother is going on a trip to... ah who cares

SMASH MEET AT JAZ'S from whenever till whenever

yayhuz!

WHEN: 11:00am- whenever Saturday 25 August
WHERE: MY PLACE YAYHUZ (if you don't know where that is, contact me: 0400484945 or unplugged009@hotmail.com)

Bring: 3 cubes/wii's and 4 copies of smash with mem card as i have a wii and a cube with 1 smash copy and have 5 tvs

so plan your days ahead! i expect everyone bar Kulla to be there cause he has work
discusss plan use the thread like pat commands!

Bjay

Smash Lord
I've got dinner plans at night, so I'll probably like arrive earlier during the day and leave early?

Dedu

Smash Lord
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE
That made me laugh. XD

Uncertain this 'end.
Curse this hell!
I don't feel very well,
If I 'tend, be ter'b on mend!

One copy Smash.
Consoles-
Will bring both, I stash.
Jaz needs whole!

That is if I attend at all!

Jaz

Smash Ace
I think it cause the last tourny didn't go so well, means lack of shoutouts, plus the fact that we're all busy.
but i actually think that with 0 preparation or prior knowledge to about running the tourny, that as a group we ran that smash at smash thing pretty good
i mean our biggest stuff up was not explaining the double elimination thing, as in... people assuming they only had one chance.

so i suppose our next target is OHN6 i'll start making banners soon

bjay and xeno, cool see you on sat, maybe a poet dedu to...

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Pat you better of won the tournament with doctor Mario or I will personally come down and pill whip you up the Arse Markarse style.

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... SATURDAY...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... SATURDAY...

The day work was finished... Seems to be a clash of earth and water... Many strings entangled but as a blind man... the hand feels and sees the colours of the strings... hands trail along... one choice of many as many as the free mind can imagine... Jester plays a hand... outcome looks grim... a day of birth is closer... dark spirits churn from within...

It looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck... it most likely a duck... but then again...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... duck...

Jaz

Smash Ace
so you don't have work that day, but you have apposing interests, you have things on but you'll ignore them, it is more unlikely you will come because there may or may not be a birthday coming up and you might prefer to be there instead

so you want to come, there's a good chance you'll come, and you usually come, but, you might not?

how'd i do?

xeno

Smash Ace
Edit your words Jaz!
The prophet's words are not to be deciphered! Keep your wisdom to yourself lest it fall prey into the wrong ear and eyes..

Dedu

Smash Lord
That was definitely one of the most confusing comments Chicken :Salad had said so far...

I dunno either. I think Jaz got teh gist of it - 'outcomes look grim' and 'the jester plays a hand'. I wonder if there s a dark spirit churning in me... Oh wait that's becase I'm sick :p

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
If its still going super late, I might make an appearance for an hour or two around 10.30-11ish...If not well...meh but I still wants to get mah smash on.

As for this Xbox lounge place, I'm going to make a trial run next weekendish...maybe Friday, Saturday or Sunday. They usually give me shifts at work for all of those days...but im sure I will get either a lunch or a dinner shift off somewhere in there...thats when I shall go? Anyone in? It will most likely be only for like...2-3 hours, its only to see if we have enough space or if the TV's work fine...

I'll post tomorrow once I know my shifts for next week.

Kulla

Bjay

Smash Lord
Kulla - most likely.

Jaz - sweet as, hope I don't annoy you by sh owing up at like 9-10 :p

I'm probably leaving about 3-4ish. Cause i have to be there right away at 5pm -_-

Joe_1

Smash Cadet
Yo i ran into chicken salad today, at UTS, he was looking for the e.g.g. weekly games gathering, as was i. Dissapointment i must say :( as it was not in the usual place, but after 2 hours in a friends lecture and another hour of roaming around I found it!!!

The place was at the theatre room near the UTS shop, it was kinda dull, like literally lol. No lights for starters and no SSBM :(. Well i guess they were still setting up. But WOW bioshock + Theatre screen + surround sound :) gr8 experience. Its almost as good as my Link 4-stocking.... neone :p. I wonder how ssbm would play on the theatre lounge...

I'm kinda new to the smash scene, but this xbox lounge sounds good, i would pay some $$ if it was for like the whole day and if i had ajob :(

Dedu

Smash Lord
oooooh Teh BOOOOOOOZZZEERRRR challenge!!!!

Oh nicies! I see CAO in it XD.

About tomorrow, I may come. Its just study (YAY![/sarcasm]) may prevent me from going. Will let you know tomorrow.

Bjay

Smash Lord
How was the meet at night? Who came?

Sorry I had to leave early. T.T Ergh half the people didn't show up for the dinner which I had to leave for too. gayyyyyyyyyyyy.

I had heaps of fun though Jaz :p especially with the round the worlds and boozer challenge lol

Jaz

Smash Ace
well pat and crew left 5:20 and Diep left shorty; after

then xan came and we smashed it up, Kulla had lots of work, poor guys so he didn't come.
sanc your controller is still at mine,

now... i'm going to qld next week guys to see my sister and hopefully smash it up, so i won't be able to try out the xbox lounge with the rest of you guys.
so sanc i've given xeno your controller you'll have to grab it off him when you both go to the xbox lounge

Top Bottom