• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Sanc

Smash Cadet
Ah I wont be coming to bjay's I'll let you knw when i coming to a meet so you dont have to carry it everywhere next time :p

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i wanna smash soon are there any tournies going on soon? and is everyone planning on goingto that thing in january in adelaide?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Cobalt is moving to Sydney, therefore you guys get skill + 1!

I assume he's good enough to take out everyone bar 4-5 people, maybe even less. Have fun with him! :)

Bjay

Smash Lord
Colbat = Suntan Luigi?

Dedu - Meet was great. :p lol, played quite a bit of 'Around the World' and 'Boozer challenge' :p lol it was a crack up.

Hmm, I found out that Xeno sure loves his food. :p I'll have to take him on (H)

Thanks for coming today guys, I didn't get to play Funky and Unreon much though ;( But I'm glad they got to meet each other and have a fair bit of matches.

Not sure when's the next time I'll host again :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
Niice. The boozer challenge someday I would like to try.

Suntan Luigi Cobalt is. Where he'll be at in NSW in I wonder...
CAOTIC - Skill +1 depends on Suntan Luigi. Unreon already unreal he is.

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol, who are you gonna pick? :p

Xeno showed Marth and Roy were major fail today for the Boozer challenge. :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
Marth I will not pick. Slow already he is.

...~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~....

New character for the boozer challenge I shall go by.
Slow and fast it is
but contest well against 3 boozers it will
Excel in the air and ground it shall
however, against the BOOZER BUTT it'll fail
Give it the red pill...
Mad skills it has already,
Its worst enemy is to kill...

...~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~...
...Unless its on Yoshi's story...

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Hope everyone had fun at the meet today...

A couple of things:
Chicken Salad's Mind Vomit (No offence intended :D) is infectious (Stu is a prime example).
Boozer Challenge is awesome...I've been practicing my Bowser so that one day Sydney may have one.
Cobalt will probably rock up here and own us all...
And I needs to play some more smash >_<

Speaking of which...Biweekly at mine on Tuesday!!! 10-late, bring your own food/money for food.

Also...would it be better for me to have meets on monday instead? I mean...would more people be able to go to that?

Dedu

Smash Lord
I'm not copying Chicken Salad Per se aka 'Mind Vomit'. If you play Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, you'll know who I'm basing my prose from.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
Mind vomit, I will curse your Statement
To match the intended torment -
Your words fail;
You sir are a silly mail!
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

I'm able to come if its a MONDAY but not a TUESDAY. Tuesday are a no-no as uni owns hardcore. Add +1 to monday.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'll have to see if I'm free on Tuesday.

And ahh, **** bout the lag at Miranda :(

Hmm...so exactly when IS the next tournament? I know there's upcoming ones like OHN6 and Animania, but anything else?

xeno

Smash Ace
Roy does awesome damage to the Boozers, he just never kills them. Sheik was pretty fun, until she got grabbed > triple F-Smash. Around the world kicks ***. Definitely want to play that again! Good games everyone, thanks for hosting Bjay.

Sanc

Smash Cadet
Ah! If the biweeklys were on monday I'd be able to go!! :D
let me know if you do decide to change it! :D

Dedu

Smash Lord
Roy does Awesome damage to the Boozers but NEVER KILLS THEM...
Marth is a stockwhore remind me why.

If the Biweeklies to monday changed, I'd be able to go also, Sanc.

Peach out.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
can someone please confirm whether the biweeklies are on monday? and whether they're still at simons?

Joe_1

Smash Cadet
Wats biweeklys?

Neway, i'm pretty sure none of you's have beaten the boozer challenge, so i'm suggesting mayb put a bit of a handicap on the 3 teamed bowsers? I'm just throwing suggestions here and there. And of course a jiggly would be gr8 to get at least 1/2 the lives of the bowsers, i know chicken salad could probably do it.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Biweeklies are a meet held at my place every two weeks.

The next one is on tuesday of this week, not monday...however it seems like the next one will most likely be on a monday as slightly more people could probably make it...as lately only like...4 people turn up and most of the time its like....at 7pm. If you want to know how to get to mine...there is a guide on the first page of this thread, its really easy both by public transport and by car. (By easy i mean basic...).

Jiggs would get owned in a bowser Challenge...it would just get upsmashed/uaired to an easy death.

So yeah...summary: Meet this tuesday from 10-Late, the next one will most probably be on a monday.

And yeah Xeno I went through a Wolfmother phase, can probably sing along to all their songs.

xeno

Smash Ace
Who else noticed that "damage settings 4x" is impossible, and "TKO 300%" means.. what? Yeah, its usually a total KO at 300%. Aninoobia.

Joe_1

Smash Cadet
Yes true jiggly is light, but she has the best recovery in the game. So she can take just the same amount of percentage, mayb a bit less, before dieing, as long as the jiggly is rly good.
Plus rest owns :p

Jaz

Smash Ace
omg i go away for the weekend and boozer challenges run rife!
well lets see, xeno i'm a massive wolfmother fan
Kulla Monday or Tuesday is fine by me i prefer Tuesday because i finish earlier...

now i've talked to brinton and it turns out that he's not doing the games at the anime festival which means...
aahh
i'll have to talk to someone myself? somehow... but right now i'd say that animania is a fail...

i'll present my argument to animania staff soon.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Chicken drained like a total of 7-8 stocks from Bowsesrs didn't he?

i'll present my argument to animania staff soon.
HOLD IT!

Don't forget to bring some evidence and find contradictions. :p

Sorry, had to bring Phoenix Wright into this. :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
Post late nite!

Jaz - hope that letter to Anin00bia goes well. Doing the runs Brinton isn't this time? Bummer that is.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
Destinated Chozen Planet WILL be infiltrated by Phazon00by slimefest + Mutha-*beep*-er Drain, who will attempt to destroy all lifeforms of the *beep* intelligent Chozen Ones!

Available options to choose from -
Option 1. Ignore Anin00bia
Option 2. Fall back on CENTRA EGGun
Option 3. The pen is mightier than the sword. Stab Anin00bia where it hurts most! Hit the weakest spot for massive damage!

Sanc

Smash Cadet
At Jaz's meet a bit back I tried the bowser challenge hoping for some easy kills... Its not as easy as you think XD one shield grab and you die at 0%!! XD

Though it is nice to rest everyone once in a while, you lose one stock if you try it XD

But speaking of Animania, At the rate its going I think I'll just skip out on the tourney there, its also a 4player FFA if it hasnt been mentioned yet. Also I was disappointed at how much I missed at the last anime convention so I wouldn't mind skipping some smash on the day :p

...whats happening with the next S3 anyways? Any ideas on when it would be yet?

xeno

Smash Ace
Aninoobia is a giant enemy crab in my ancient japanese history that I must hit for Massive (4X!) Damage.
Ok guys, remember the "TKO 300%", well I thought they meant "Automatic knocko ut, like gtfo if you reach 300%". But I thought "Nah, no one can be that stupid to force you a suicide if you get high damage. That's ********.
And then I read the rules myself.
Page 1: http://animania.net.au/files/pdfs/2007-Super-Mario-Smash-Brothers-Competition-Rules-v2.5.pdf
It would have been a legimate event if they included rules that were possible in the game.
And didn't try to metagame "300%, pls leave". Nevermind about legitimate, whoever wrote that is gay.

I can host a few people in weeknights for Smash, so if you want to play smash and no one is up for it, msg me @ quantumpotato@hotmail.com.

Bjay

Smash Lord
You know what I wanna know? How on EARTH did they come up with these rules?

lol, people asked to leave if they exceed the 300% limit? I think that would be like amazing if you could survive up to 300% ;/

lol at the Donkey Kong suicide, but nothing at on Kirby :p

Well I noticed they had "Royal Rumble" in their competition.

Also, reading the last one, that was like LOL "What if the other players start to gang bash me?"

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I reckon they are doing it so that not only do Pro smashers have less incentive to play, but also to make it easier for some random to win...

Dedu

Smash Lord
Errr... so how?

Tis a sad turn of events. Anin00bias rampant it is. Nothing we can do about it but complain.

We all want a smash tournament at Anin00bia to get some new people into the scene rite? We all can pool our experience in tournaments and write a letter to Anin00bia telling them to revise their n00bament rules. Speaking of that, I wonder how Jaz is going with the letter...

Jaz

Smash Ace
no reply yet i'll give them 5 days till i send another... then i'll give up hope

but hope isn't something we can just throw away here guys...
OHN6 is on the horizon... tonight i'll be pushing for smash at that aswell, that will replace the usual S3 tourny
and if smash is included... i believe new banners will be churned out soon ;)

Dedu, did you get some action or something... your going all poetic and dreamy on us...
no one likes banjo tooie that much...

unreon

Smash Ace
Give them 3 days.

I say we still rock up on the day and wreck havoc though. At least our presence will hopefully entice one or two people to actually join the competitive smash scene. "If we got through to at least one person, it'll all be worth it". Simply demonstrating our skill (we don't actually have to win) and then telling people about smashboards.com would be enough?

Or ask if we could host a side-along tournament. Actually, scrap that idea.

By the way, can you post what the contents of the letter were?

PS: Like BJay, I just want to know HOW THE F*** they came up with those rules. There were actually people behind the Animania scene, who actually said: "Hey! This is a GREAT idea! DK Jungle Japes? HELL YEAH, 4x DAMAGE MULTIPLIER!!!" The fact that the FINALS ARE STILL ON DAMAGE MULTIPLIER is the final kick in the teeth. It's so awesome I want to laugh and cry at the same time.

Jaz

Smash Ace
fark i should have copied a version T-T

well when they reply.. if they reply i'll get it then
kulla, I'm sorry I'll have to stay back tomorrow so count me out for the biweekly
i'll make it up to ya ;)

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Jaz...nuuuuu! So far i have no idea who is coming tomorrow... but with you gone...its one less...bleagh... I suppose I'll just sit around again all day waiting for people to show up. Fun!

As for animania, Unreon is most certainly correct, we do need to get out there and make our presence known. If five or more of us go, and we each tell every person (or some people who seem keen) we play about smash boards...then were are sure to get one or two more people in the community, and thats the best thing possible.

And Jaz! I bags a luigi banner!

Top Bottom