• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Not you too Xeno...its like a **** thought disease.

I also like how everyone focused upon the "I want a sex buddy" line. Shows what really stands out in everyones mind.

For me? Well it was the Kung Fu Fighting...

Also Juggy: LOL Yoai! I'm really scared as the kinds of people that would go to that...Girls and Guys included...

Kulla

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yaoi Panel? LOLLLLz.

Hmm, I might get a couple of pics of the Cosplay Chess if I remember, ,since it's during the Tekken and DDR Qualifying rounds. LOL if I remember I'm gonna have a peek/lol at the anime dating game.

Free play at 10-11 and 5-5.30

right, we gonna meet at 10 guys?

Joe_1

Smash Cadet
Yo guys, i was at the smash thingy/ anime thing, i was the azn guy who wore a chain who played Link.
Neway yea it was a shame that they pulled the plug so early, was looking forward to the finals, even though it will probably just be another shiek ditto :p

Neway hope to play again sometime, and yea i go to UTS and playin smash every friday, i hope my new work won't get in the way thou... i really enjoy the game.

Well had a good one, c u pplz laters

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... UNPLUGGED...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Yer what a waste, would like to see the smash giants bring up a storm...

Oh well i wonder if there is a prize for 3rd place... or 2nd...

So are we going to finish off the unfinished tournament or are we going to read that cabin fever crap...

is it me or was there like a bunch of people dressed and posing just so they can walk in a circle be fore they kill with a blue plastic bag...

i just want something... that buddy would be nice or even buddies...

If your a sore loser like some just follow the person you lost to and pose as your trying to push them but wave your arms... When they ask what you are doing just say you are giving them cancer... its also a great work out!...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Dedu

Smash Lord
is it me or was there like a bunch of people dressed and posing just so they can walk in a circle be fore they kill with a blue plastic bag...
I think it's just you. I didn't notice such oddities through the day.

I still enjoyed today despite the tightarse ***** telling us to pack up and leave in 10mins. And she even proceeded to turn the main switch off so we had to leave.
Still there were some good battles fought and ALOT of people turned up. No, not just coz of 'its full of n00bs' but it goes to show Smash is still a very popular game, even after > 5 years since it came out. I'm sure Brawl will be even more popular due to the 'online thingy'...

Got myself two DVDs from the Anime DVD section - Bleach and Hellsing! Both 1st season eps. w00t!

xeno

Smash Ace
Good games, good games!
Also met a few cool people, Jason, Emily, and Joe there^^.
Emily, nice to meet you! you gotta start training up though.. check the forums here for guides, you'll improve fast, and check out our tourneys.
Jason.. d@mn, you're good. What else can I say. Hope you show up at the tourneys.
Fifth place here!
The tournament will continue tuesday at Kullas (SEE FIRST POST for directions). But it is a meet, so everyone is welcome to come. Good games, great tournament. See you all tuesday night (I can't get there till 645-7)

Bjay

Smash Lord
Right...

Few things to say.

Even though I was in such a bad and disappointed mood, I still had fun and it ended with being a great day. lol that's me being persistent in hoping for positive as usual.

Yeah, played against very good smashers. Had great matches, had some close epic matches, especially against Kulla and Chicken Salad.

What pissed me off most were idiots leaving halfway and not even saying so :\ I mean like FFS, we would have finished the tourney ages ago >_>

Anyway nvm it was awesome still. I'm happy with 5th place too. Losing this time to Chicken Salad made me feel good, cause I know I played a really good match, till I got haxed on my last life anyway (even though I would have got f-smashed once I got up), I point the joystick in the upper right direction, and when I used the umbrella, the umbrella goes to the left. Like HAXXXXXXXXXXX. Still, was great.

>_> Can't believe I lost to that Samus, potential 3 stock and lose it all..on dream land T_T

Great day guys, thanks for the matches. :) Need to play some of you more.

PS: I forgot to buy my Engrish wristband lol.

unreon

Smash Ace
Hey it was nice meeting the Sydney SSBM scene! Honestly I thought one didn't exist and almost didn't come to the tournament; glad I sidestepped that landmine!

Shoutouts to the following:
Xeno (Falco is awesome, isn't he?)
Kulla (didn't play your Sheik, but I would like to)
Dedu (unlucky with Peach sometimes!)
BJay (grrrr Peach grrrr)
Chicken Salad (grrrr Jiggs grrrrrrr)
Pat (who four-stocked my Marth - admittedly my Marth wasn't so hot that day; maybe it was nervesSheik is gay! Gaaaaaay! )
Jaz (haven't played your Falcon yet, would like to continue our match sometime)
and the guy who drove me back to Central; sorry I didn't catch your name but thanks heaps!

Yeah it was too bad the tourney didn't finish, and it seemed like the non-serious people weren't getting much fun out of the whole thing seeing as so many left early after suffering a severe beating :/ Next time maybe have two seperate tournaments running, one casual, one serious? Especially for something as large as say, Animania.

Anyways that's enough for tonight, back to my mountain of homework and projects :(

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... SIGS!!!!

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

It has now come to my attention that certain people don't have sigs... there will be no pointing fingers but you will be blindfolded and forced to spin clockwise 3 times then counter-clockwise 5 times after that you get a choice... the mystery object in a fist or the red pill... those who wish to continue without a sig take the red pill... the others will be trapped in a well... and no the red pill is not candy its poison hot dogs... maybe i wont make it on tuesday... just maybe...

I like scary colours... and i like face... so many expressions... so little time...

jump rope without the rope... makes you look like a pansy...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
*Bi-Weekly Infromation!!!*
Just a Reminder that there is a meet on tomorrow.

Time: 10-Laaaaaate.
What to bring: Controller, and cubes, please people....bring cubes and smash. Moniez for foods.
What will happen: Possible the end of the tourney if everyone is there at the same time....
What will also happen: Super special announcement that will make people incredibly excited!! Something that will shock people to the very core of their existance.

See ya then.

Kulla

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
i cant make it to the by weekly..just realised im working. i can only come after 11pm if its still going...

xeno

Smash Ace
Aren't you still in the winners bracket Pat?
You'll need everyone in the tourney there at the same time.
Kulla, how shocking.. like you got a copy of Brawl smuggled out of Nintendo?

Paper, Rock, Scissors, Bomb. Rock beats bomb, bomb beats paper. Can you figure out the best one to pick?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Serious? How's it help against Falco? TELL ME :(

I can't do jack with those lasers flying everywhere lol :(

Man that just reminded me of how I lost my match to make it 1-1 against the Samus player.

I was floating in the air and a stupid Starfox ship shot me like a *** lmao. Which led to the dreamland disaster. :p

Is it possible to get a lift from anyone? Maybe I can meet them at a certain station or something?

unreon

Smash Ace
Hey guys I won't be able to make it until very late. My last class finishes at 4pm tomorrow as opposed to the usual 3pm (they added one extra lecture just for tomorrow :(). So if people are still willing to play after that time, I'll try to make my way there, sit and play for about an hour, then run back home >.>

Jaz

Smash Ace
well i'll be coming o.o sorry to hear pat T_T

and that special announcement should be gold
i will also be late i aim to get there say...after 5?

._. i have to come from tafe so.. soz

So thats a denial of banners from everyone who doesn't have them?

unreon, you want a banner?

rock is the best cause it can take out scissors and bomb

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I'll post what the super duper mega exciting surprise is after the meet tomorrow...as I want to see what other peoples reactions are first...

Patience is a Virtue....

Also unreon...doesn't matter what time you show up/leave, people might even be around until 10, maybe you could get a lift off someone...stay a bit longer...but then, thats just wishful thinking...

See you tomorrow!

Kulla

unreon

Smash Ace
Okay okay. I'll see what I can do. Can't promise anything though :/

I wouldn't mind a banner! A dark green Link silhouette is preferable. But I also did edit my sig...it's supposed to be a pic of Ada Wong's hot sexy legs...and it's not showing >.>

EDIT: I just checked the trip planner thing on how to get there...and HOLY S*** it takes 1hr to get there from UNSW! I won't be able to get there via public transport then, and get back in time for the other stuff that I have planned for the night (including a mountain of homework). Unless someone is willing to drive me directly there, I doubt that I'll make it this week. How long does it take to get there from UNSW by car?

Sorry to be a bother.

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol click "show your signature"

under the quick reply bit =P

See if that works.

Dunno if I'm making it to the meet, most likely not based on the fact that I twisted my leg lol and it hurts when I walk, of course I don't whinge it out, but it's such a pain when I walk, I'm avoid walking lots lol. Doubt lifts are a possibility at this stage too, I for some reason don't really feel like staying that late either...dunno what's up with me.

unreon

Smash Ace
Let me try the siggy thing then. *tries*

EDIT: It worked for this post, but none of my others. And must I check it every single time I post? That's really annoying.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...you gotta click it for every post, and it takes 20 mins to get from unsw to mine by car...dunno who would be able to give you a light though...if anything, gimme a call sometime during the day (0415579322) and I will see what I can do...

So far I haven't seen that much positive feed back of people coming tomorrow...not to mention coming anytime before 5...So yeah...might not be worth it...and i might have to change the day to something better for everyone else...if that can be done at all.

Kulla

Sanc

Smash Cadet
Jaz! me want sig! :p

...a sky blue ice climber one would be nice :D

and... tuesday still isnt good for me so I'll be lurking here for the "super special announcement" :D

no.13

Smash Cadet
me n chicken will definitly be coming, however we'll be arriving late.. say 630 ish. i wanna see the conclusion to the tourney. chicken is pumped.. on roids

Dedu

Smash Lord
Chicken must not be organically fed!

Ha ha... I'm still wondering what Kulla's big surprise is. Please post here after the meet, if everyone's reaction towards 'it' is positive.

Unreon: You get used to clicking the sig after post checkbox if you keep at it.

xeno

Smash Ace
Unreon: Red bull works miracles. 36 hour days? Easy! (did it sun>mon.)
(click show signature in the quick reply/edit t show your sig. ya do know ada wong's a digital woman though..)
I ate almost nothing the day of the tournament.. except 2 red bulls and some bread. Woa.
I can't make it until I get off work @ 6 > train, bus, train time. (Unless I get a ride? From glebe pt rd nr. broadway, but I doubt that.)
Estimate about 7:30 for me. Should I bring food for myself?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I dont think Pat will be there....not until after 11.30 he told me...pm that is, and yes Xeno, bring food, we would have probably have eaten by then...maybe.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Xeno...I've just come to the realisation that I left my copy of smash at your place....****, bring it tonight, and I hope the first person that shows up brings their copy of smash...

Top Bottom