• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Jaz

Smash Ace
zac's just jealous he can't do brackets cave man style
well i'd only go to uts on fridays If a fair few people would be joining me

but theres still the random people that pick link in FFA pick hyrule go down into the smash area and press up on the control stick and the little dangerous red button and think thats what smash is.
at the same time, new people would be good for smash if they stuck around.
wonder if anyone else would be up for UTS on friday?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Either way, let me know what you guys want to do. (Besides, more people on the Concourse playing games makes EGG look better - hint hint).
I agree. The more people there are, the more people will be interested in joining in.

Very last minute I know, but is anyone interested in going to UTS Consoles 2morrow? I don't want to be the only person there without any competition...

EDITS:
I agree Jaz. Spin attack owns hard on hyrule temple. But the worst one IMO is getting Dsmash ***** by Peach on that Cave of immortality... Up down up down all over the place only to end up going back to Peach, who does another Dsmash to toss you all over again!

New people interested in smash would be great for sure, but getting them there is another matter entirely different than just competing with them. You have to show them the ropes.

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... JAZ!!!! DEDU!!!! CODEMONKEY!!!!!

WHOA!!!!! you guys come on friday, this friday I'm there stuff uni work I'm willing to go!!!! didn't know dedu went there i was turned off at the people i vs in smash there after i beat every one of them they seemed to just bugger off like i did something wrong (and no i didn't hog the cube i just played 2 games) for the smash scene in uts at the lounge needs to improve!!!! I say to you people do i hear the roar of the rising smash fest RRROOAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! KNEE!!!!!!

We must storm the front...Stamping our feet full of glee...We look at others and roar...A voice of a warrior...We shall shake the very foundations of the tower...Like a plague consume...take everything and leave them nothing...To be the stuff of legends...KNEE!!!!!!

So if you guys are going i'm willing to go which forces me to wake up earlier... but its all worth it to spread that worldly pleasures...

Oh yea if just one of you come that's good enough for me... i'll give out my phone number there too and if you really want i'll knee you also...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Dedu

Smash Lord
they seemed to just bugger off like i did something wrong
You're not the only one. Same happened to me as well... As much as I felt sorry for pissing them off...

BTW Someone else I know is somewhat interested in joining the comp scene (his link's pretty decent) so I'll introduce him to you guys. In other words, he wants to get better...

Didn't know you went there from time to time 0.o

Smash scene at lounge needs to improve due to two reasons -
1. The game seems too kiddy but infact is deep.
2. They just wanna do a Mario vs Link fight. Nuff said about those two mascots. Bit like those flash vids of Mario duking it with Sonic...

3. DERE ALL NOOBZ! (offensive mode)
4. TEKKEN IS KEWLAR! Look! I can do jab infinite combo! Opponent cannot escape me! Diz gaim is BETTARRRRR!

Beddy time Bye bye!

Bjay

Smash Lord
;/ ok. As much as I myself hate Tekken, as it's not my style, it works differently to other fighting games and the formula seems to do well, and Tekken tournaments are actually very popular :)

Erm, ok.

Kulla I should most likely be at your meet, not sure yet though, and If I'm going, I might stay till late arvo or something. I want to experiment with your R4 also since I'm getting one soon and just wanna see how to use it and stuff, shan't be long, cause I'm really eager for practice on smash.

Smash at Smash? Yeah I'm in, I'm curious on some things though, I'll ask if I remember what they were, they're not important I'm just curious.

xeno

Smash Ace
Are people at UTS now, and will you be at UTS at 7? When are you leaving?
Chicken Salad, what is your phone number?
If people are at UTS all day I'll go, otherwise I'll go somewhere / host some people for Smash.
I'll call people after work.

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
No, only Stu was good enough to showl everyone else were lazy *******s. Shame on you all.

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... DEDU...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

The world still spins...

Dedu i didn't know you were going **** i knew i should of went curses...

ok one more time who is going to uts on friday...

this time tell me so i can get there at 1200 and stay until 1700...

Next time... slap fest...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

no.13

Smash Cadet
tuesday smash - im in on that. as long as work doesnt call that is.

friday smash - im interested in showing up on some random friday arvos if i got nothin else to do..

Dedu

Smash Lord
...0.0...0.0...0.0...0.0...0.0...0.0...0.0...0.0.. .0.0...0.0...0.0...

OWL EYES

,___,
(ovo)
(_^((\
^"^" \\^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HOOTHOOT!

[/*randomness*]
The highlight of yesterday was:
1. No one arrived at all. Smash scene needs a some more of 'I wub yous'!
2. Some random decided to play for like 5mins with someone there, during my leave to the loo. Came back out and saw he was good right from the start. He owned the other kid there and I challenged him... to a 4v4 match. Jigglypuff! I choose you!

The turnout: It was a very close match with a character I rarely used. He plays an aggressive style with his Doc/Falco. I won that match but lost the two others due to my crap playings with fox. He didn't know how to deal with Jigglypuff's godly WoP and went headon every time, only to be kicked out of the stage with a pound or side smash after he rolled.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I covered Simon for photos

Eating in Crown

Yummo - its called PHO and its everywhere - shame on the pho virgins haha

For quite some time, Simon contributed to Melbourne's homeless population - luckily i took him in 1 minute later

Some sort of reaper wannabe. With a cat like Beowulf hes on the right track - VAMPIRE KITTY. yerp that guy in the background hella scurred

Miss ya Simon! Come back soon for a longer holiday!

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Who ever said you need to take pictures to be a tourist?! The people who I stay with will take all the photos for me :D.

In anycase thanks for the piccies, they bring back some good (though tired) memories of Melbourne, and next time, and there will be a next time, I most certainly will come down for a longer visit, and you can show me what Melbourne night life really is all about....oh and of course...smash will be played.

Kulla

(btw, the Pho was awesome, and what the hell is up with that guy...strange people in that Melborune town... :p)

Jaz

Smash Ace
omg i had relos over so shoosh everyone o.o

the closest family ot me is melb so i get to enjoy family from perth only now and then seeing as i didn't see them when i went to perth (such an ***)

so far i'm out for tues... tafe ends too late

we can't have any more "wub you's" Cao would not be an endangered species any more

which is uncute

Sirias

Smash Champion
D: Photos are evil.
Strange guy staring at the camera, I think he wanted some love and attention.

Hahahahah, giving money to the poor. It's all good and stuff until they all jump on top of you in hopes that you're made of money. We wouldn't want you to be slaughtered, now would we? C:

What's Sydney like these days?

Jaz

Smash Ace
its less random since your departure friendly ghosty

and we're all busy again so little smash is happening i see gold coast have tried a tourny out

and that zac already crucified t lol

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... Kulla!!!

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Is the meet still happening at your place at 12pm Kulla?

If you cut out a heart it still beats amazing it has a mind of its own...

If there is i'm gladly willing to skip my lessons for it so need confirmation as soon as possible...

Who do you hate most Jiggly, Peach, or mind games... you decide or do you???

If you lick an apple once it doesn't taste like an apple but if done repeatedly i can assure you it is an apple

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Hope you get this...

Yes its on tomorrow...

Hearts are full of vitamins!

Lessons don't teach what you learn in Smash ...

Mind games make me feel stupid...

Apples are tasty....

See you tomorrow!

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
D: Photos are evil.
Strange guy staring at the camera, I think he wanted some love and attention.

Hahahahah, giving money to the poor. It's all good and stuff until they all jump on top of you in hopes that you're made of money. We wouldn't want you to be slaughtered, now would we? C:

What's Sydney like these days?
Ahahah yeah, the guy so wanted attention, too bad no one will love him...ever! As for slaughtering people for money, remember! You can't spell slaughter without laughter :D.

xeno

Smash Ace
Hey guys, sorry but I won't be coming today. Travel time is too much for just a few hours of Smash :X. Friday nights work brilliantly though for me (fri night > sun night is perfect). Enjoy the meet!

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Thanks alot guys...twas a fun meet.

See you at the next meet.

Same Bat time.
Same Bat Channel.

Sanc

Smash Cadet
heh sorry to say this but me and keeno can't come to those tuesdays meets, have fun though! :D
and also.. SMASH is next saturday... i think so at least.... see you all then :D

Bjay

Smash Lord
Cheers Simon. Great meet as usual. :p
I think I just got a bit better with Peach, used techniques I never used before lol. Sa-weet!

heh sorry to say this but me and keeno can't come to those tuesdays meets, have fun though! :D
and also.. SMASH is next saturday... i think so at least.... see you all then :D
yeah, definitely, I can't wait :)

Ooh, there's an entry fee right? So how much does the tournament cost itself as well.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be over next weekend at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Sydney to relax and study a bit, if you guys are up to something that be cool. I'm also booked in at Tetsuya's, yummo

whoops - this weekend (11-12 Aug)

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh well, you just miss out on our tourney...**** you dont get to steal our monies again :p. As for this weekend...I'm fairly sure I'm working doubles both days...I would love to do something though....****.

>_<

Maybe if you are up late somewhere and i feel like taking on my 9.30am starts...We shall see....

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
actually ill be there from Saturday to Tuesday morning hahaha- about a party of 12-ish friends coming up

feel free to drop by the hotel if u likes its cool

Dedu

Smash Lord
Dang.

Busy sat and sun

Anyone going to the UTS games club 2moz from 12 to 6pm tomorrow? I'm going there - hope to see you there tomorrow!

Day off monday too Kulla but *needs* it for study...

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... crawling

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

The days ahead are dark as the clouds of the dark moon rises...

DEDU i'll be there around 12-1pm and might leave at 4:30pm

Sweet is only so sweet with the sour...

I was biting my chair out of spite than the orange but the toaster dancing my feet was stung by the farmer oh how the poison seeps into the cold stone then i question why am i biting the chair... grandson... not enough...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Top Bottom