• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
Noo, no funky? T_T

Well it's good people know their priorities! But still, unlucky coincidence >.<

So at this rate...there's no "Simons" for S3 Squared :p xD

Jaz

Smash Ace
no rankings from the toruniy only

if you want to set up a SEPERATE ranking for friendlies and turn life into a rpg game full of hp stats and skill points go for it ;)

lol a little blunt, but come on, official matches? if its in a tourney, while people are watching you, you're fighting to stay in something you payed for/ proving yourslef... and you think you can emulate that in a casual environment?

thats my opinion anyway

lol fonit i'm allowed to be busy >.<
wtf there is one typo is there Bjay.... though its a pretty bad one toruniy? i think thats a delicacy some where :p

so here is who i have confirmed for HOSTEL BOOKINGS

Jaz
Berimbau
Kulla
Xeno

is anyone else coming to Comrades2?

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
jaz loses 10 points for missing his second typo.

"proving yourslef"

also, pretty sure mic is coming. should check to make sure with him.

no.13

Smash Cadet
hey jaz count me in with those hostel plans of yours. if anyone see's combo online ask him too. im sure he said he was coming.

hey pat, do you already have a doubles partner for comrades?

xeno

Smash Ace
Woot! Bi-weekly and tournament this weekend! (Right?)
I told a clerk at a convenience store about smashboards.com and all this after the last bi-weekly, he saw me bring in a controller to buy a powerade lol. He said some friends of his played Smash so I gave him the site.. If you're friends with a guy who works at a convenience store on kings street, this is your shoutout! Welcome to the community! (Assuming you're there =P).
I've got my plane tickets, thanks Jaz and Cao for the hostel info.
See everyone soon.

Edit: I would need a partner for doubles in Comrades but, I suck terribly at doubles the last tourney and have only done 1v1 and ffa matches since then. But uh, if there's someone else who thinks they're bad at doubles too, we can partner =P.

Bjay

Smash Lord
good luck for comrades guys.

This upcoming S3 should be good practice for it. ;)

Dedu

Smash Lord
This beloved tourney isn't simonless anymore - Funky CAN come! Yay!

Jaz - I've been busy over the weekends with family + pokemon. Will chat to you on msn this week regarding what time we meet for CoA2 + hostel info dtls. Am online most nights.

Oh BTW Pokemon is like greater priority than Smash ATM but doesn't mean I'll be lazy at this tournament.

xeno

Smash Ace
Yup, just talked to Kulla on msn.
:/ I would host a meet but I dont really have the infrastructure for more then a few people.. things like chairs, and space etc. If a few people are interested though, pm/msn/etc me. I live 20 minutes from Broadway shopping center and 2 minutes from newtown station on King's Street (about 15 minutes or less driving from central station).
Not sure if it would work out, but the oppurtunity is there.

Bjay

Smash Lord
HOORAY FUNKY can come!!

and NOOOOOOo! The smash site's finally up!

I was having fun poking fun at Pat's patience :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
BUT it says update EVERY week.

ATM its crap and boring since we 'know all' about smash. :p

Will let u no good flight deals 2moz nite. I got caught up with something else tonight. Sorry.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I wonder with what Stu ;)

Yeahh, I hope they bring out character news for Smash.

Also, Xeno, what's the latest on your 'meet' so far? ;)

Jaz

Smash Ace
No 13 if you want in i suggest you book your tickets very soon or talk to DJ cats about driving down with him for 50 bucks

aim to be down (bare minimum) 8th-11th of june

i'll be doing FINAL bookings on thursday of this week, so either have your flights confirmed or miss out on the official booking, i can still try and squeeze people in later...
but if you want a confirmed place at the hostel, i'm sorry but this is the way it is T-T organising for 14+ people, some who say they'll do it and just buggar off aint easy.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
jaz also missed his 3rd typo. "fonit" i cant believe noone picked that up.

is comrades 2 in uni break? cos then its possible. either way, 0 chance ill know by thursday. but ill carpool (if ones happening) / train or whatever, and then stay like with my cousin or something.

no.13

Smash Cadet
going with DJ doesnt leave me with many options for heading back to sydney... that and i dont have a passport sooooo... i'll be taking my pimp mobile down to melbourne then.

i'm arrive in melbourne late in the day on the 7th and heading back up on the 10th so book me in, im definitely gonna be there. i still gotta check around to see who's coming with me. i've only got room for 2 though and the back seats are cosy at best hehe

i'll chat with you on msn maybe tonight to finalise things

xeno

Smash Ace
I am confirmed for flights / hostel booking, ty Jaz.
What time does the tournament open, and what time does it start on Sunday?

Jaz

Smash Ace
you don't need a passport to book domestic flights, just ID, at least with virgin blue
i'll be on later tonight if ya want to chat

comrades is on the 9th of June, the queens birthday long weekend, i'll be down on the 7th

its ok fonti, i think i'll be booking 12 beds and anymore i'll inquire about later as soon as i know

Xeno, it starts at 12 be there at 11

man, i typo way too much, and don't realise it

xeno

Smash Ace
Foreign IDs good?
11am. K.

=offtopic=
Starcraft II announced! I watched the 22min demo and it looks very cool.
Do any of you vs. each other in Pokemon now?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Only Bjay and I. Kulla did at first but coz it was a downloaded off the net game, he gave up after the game froze at a certain point. Funky doesn't play anymore coz he uses AR :p

Where are u up to in Pokemon?

Jaz

Smash Ace
stu you need to tell me when you're getting in to melb and how long your staying, or i won't include you in the hostel bookings, PM me or email msn i dun care i need to know by tomorrow

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
going with DJ doesnt leave me with many options for heading back to sydney... that and i dont have a passport sooooo... i'll be taking my pimp mobile down to melbourne then.

i'm arrive in melbourne late in the day on the 7th and heading back up on the 10th so book me in, im definitely gonna be there. i still gotta check around to see who's coming with me. i've only got room for 2 though and the back seats are cosy at best hehe

i'll chat with you on msn maybe tonight to finalise things
You can drive down with me and then fly back if you want.
Will save you money.
djcat64@gmail.com is my email/msn, contact me if you want.

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
How many syd players have we got going to comrades?

I know theres me, kulla, jaz, mic, xeno, stu... who else is confirmed?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Zomg pat was up at 2:47AM asking everyone about comrades! Have you finalised your flight tickets? If you haven't, I suggest use Virgin Airlines. They're the cheapest offers atm and tickets are running out. We need to talk about it tonight otherwise we'll end up having to pay more for the tickets and they'll be at inconvenient times.

Jaz - I spoke to you on msn last nite about the hostel bookings - I can come. Will see you this sunday and at St Kilda from friday night (8th of June) till the Queen's birthday!

Ppl going to Comrades - Pat, Kulla, Me, Combo, Jaz, Mic, Xeno. What about Fonit?

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone spoken to combo turtle recently? I don't think he's coming...

I was also under the impression Mic was bringing ppl down with him. he said he had 2 free spots in his car so there must be 2 ppl coming with him? chickensalad perhaps?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeaaa! Bring the guys down to Melbourne and I'm getting a car soon, so I can do the same for you guys and attempt to bring a bandwagon up here! *Pets Sydney cuuutely*

Jaz

Smash Ace
well when you guys know who is coming and what not, we'll discuss it at the tourny yeah?
i can put it into my booking edits which i already have to do forgetting dedu and N30N somehow...
sigh

I'll probably actually do the edits on Monday rather than Friday after I've talked to everyone from syd

no.13

Smash Cadet
well to be honest, at this point in time the only person in my car is me.. the reason why i said there was 2 spots available and not 5 is that firstly my car only sits 4 and secondly because of my car's spaciously japanese interior it would be uncomfortable to sit 4 all the way down anyway. so 3's the magic number.....

at the moment im considering that spot in DJ's car and i can drive a manual to boot. but then i gotta start looking on ways to get back to sydney

Top Bottom