• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
I was kidding lol..

And I didn't mean we will decide on the afternoon, I'll tell you whether or not we want to stay well in advance

Gords

Smash Champion
I am about 80% sure that I can make dinner as well stu so count me in. If anything changes I will let you know way in advance.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Not sure if I'll come to dinner...

What kind of place is it? Fancy, casual? What about costs? (Cost is a fairly big one for me since my income isn't all that huge right now.)

50/50 for me until I know more details. D:

Dedu

Smash Lord
Casual mate. Costs round between $30 and $60 pp.

If you think that's too steep try going to tetsuya's in the CBD which tends to charge over $100 pp.
This yakiniku restaurant is decent for its price so you won't be ripped off at all.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sam Plasia and I had a gourmet sushi train not long ago, it was so good and costed only $30

S.D

Smash Master
Good luck to all Sydney smashers competing at QLD brawl buddies, which kicks off in about 6 hours so I'm sure this message will reach you all!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Casual mate. Costs round between $30 and $60 pp.

If you think that's too steep try going to tetsuya's in the CBD which tends to charge over $100 pp.
This yakiniku restaurant is decent for its price so you won't be ripped off at all.
Haha, it's not a matter of whether I think it's steep or not, I'd gladly pay buckets for dinner just to hang out with you guys if I could. xD

That said, I think I'm gonna have to pass. $20 is about my limit for this kinda thing right now, and that's being generous. Wish I could make it, but I can't, sorry guys. ;_;

(Still coming for Smash though. :D)

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to make an announcement:

We (the Hornsby crew) are considering hosting a Melee only tournament some time in the near future, probably some time before OHN7. It will likely feature
- Swiss Singles
- Swiss Doubles
- Crews
and will probably be held at Macquarie Uni. We'd like to see some new faces in Sydney pick up competitive Melee, including those who currently only play Brawl.
How many people would come to an event like this?

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice

We (the Hornsby crew) are considering hosting a Melee only tournament some time in the near future, probably some time before OHN7. It will likely feature
- Swiss Singles
- Swiss Doubles
- Crews
and will probably be held at Macquarie Uni. We'd like to see some new faces in Sydney pick up competitive Melee, including those who currently only play Brawl.
=o

I was reading this, thinking "blargh can't be bother going." but then I read "Macquarie Uni". That's my uni =D

I'll probably go, even tho I suck majorly in the melee competitive scene. I've played it twice since brawl came out (in america XD)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Hmm... should Meteor revisit the ways of the Melee? D:

Considering I haven't played it in soooo long, I probably have **** all of my skill left. But hey, a couple (maybe more) day of practice might get me up to an old standard and hopefully further... no I just need to remember who I was actually good with, other than Ness who feels foreign to me now. >.>

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OMG Guilty Gerar is awesome, I'm joining the local GG scene, at tourney I went Pot and did Respect->slashback->aerial combo->KO against a decent player and everyone exploded <3333333

Joe_1

Smash Cadet
Stu, I'm up for this Saturday, but i can only stay till 4:00 or so i gtg church at 5:30.

Btw sorry for 3 stocking your fox with link the other day LOLOLOL :p

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
E-peens aside, Link vs Fox is actually one of Link's better matchups IMO.
Discuss.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
1. Link can infinite chaingrab Fox if the Link player is good enough
2. Nair *****
3. Utilt-utilt-dair ***** Fox
4. Reverse grab is win
5. Link is one of the few characters who can escape uthrow -> uair (not certain about that one, its what I heard though)

I'm serious.
Falco gives Link more trouble than Fox, even with waveshine & shinespike considered.
Sheik owns him though.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
Would Turtle come up all the way from Wollongong for this?

- Swiss Singles
- Swiss Doubles
- Crews

S.D

Smash Master

- Swiss Singles
- Swiss Doubles
- Crews
Sounds like a good initiative, I'd probably endeavour to make it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
shaya hates bjay. sif youd attack my gg rank while im still in qld. without internet (using phone) and forced to play melee. p.s. melee sux. i came 5th in the qbb melee tournament though, lulz. back tomorrow arvo.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
shaya hates bjay. sif youd attack my gg rank while im still in qld. without internet (using phone) and forced to play melee. p.s. melee sux. i came 5th in the qbb melee tournament though, lulz. back tomorrow arvo.
everyone attacks everyones rank, deal with it. ive only played 2 games won one lost one and it says ive lost 4 its stupid.

S.D

Smash Master
You finished higher in melee than brawl XD

what the?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Ugh - Stu you'll have to change me from a definite to a maybe now for your meet this Saturday. >.<

Dedu

Smash Lord
Okies.

Changed your status from 'certain' to 'iffy' for this saturday Bjay.
Joe I've added you to the list mate.
Hope our next battle will go out with a bang hmmm? :p

For the Yakiniku list I've got -
Gords
Tom will do anything for SS Ben
The Tootee
IGIF feels no PEIN
Xeno
Defiled

I'll make the bookings this week.
hmmm...

*on a side note* Found a tv on the streets when I was helping a friend with his paper run. Brought it home turns out it doesn't work </3 Will look for spare tvs thru the week.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
IGIF is increda-excited for yakiniku so you can count him, 2t and myself in for it.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Sorry Stu, can't make it to the Yakiniku. I have sooooo much crap I have to do >.> Might even have to leave the meet a little early...

Dedu

Smash Lord
Holiday Assignments?

Gotta love those uni classes...

*updated the list*
hmmm...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
arent you coming to my boothday t/ournament cao?

also, i sandbag melee a lot but apparently im good at it.
I don't even know when all the said tourneys are on, I prematurely say I'll come to things out of giddy excitement

xeno

Smash Ace
OMG Guilty Gerar is awesome, I'm joining the local GG scene, at tourney I went Pot and did Respect->slashback->aerial combo->KO against a decent player and everyone exploded <3333333
I understood it, and respect>slashback is cool :)
Though IMO slashback breaks the pressure-game of the previous incarnations.
I played #Reload for 6 hours last Wednesday against a co-worker, the first person besides Chicken Salad who's taken an interest in the game.

p.s. announcer in ^C is gay, seriously
(also everyone having touch of death combos or "practically" tod.. :( )

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Melbourne's pretty lucky to have a monthly GGXXAC tournament with about 20 competitors on average, it's still sad though... WHY ARE ALL THE GOOD GAMES UNPOPULAR RAWR! omg top tiers is hard to use??? that's how it should be! >=( xeno i will play AC with you for as long as possible next time im up <3

xeno

Smash Ace
Melbourne's pretty lucky to have a monthly GGXXAC tournament with about 20 competitors on average, it's still sad though... WHY ARE ALL THE GOOD GAMES UNPOPULAR RAWR! omg top tiers is hard to use??? that's how it should be! >=( xeno i will play AC with you for as long as possible next time im up <3
Awesome :D
Yeah, Guilty Gear pretty much pwns Brawl in terms of gameplay, graphics, and pure style points. I've got #Reload on the xbox, definitely give you some games :D

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Hey Stu, it all right if a friend tags along for the meet? He'll probably be staying with me over the weekend, so he'll therefore probably want to hang around wherever I'm going. He's horrible at Smash, but he's interested in meeting you guys.

By the way, Bjay, you better come. Don't want to miss out on meeting Cambria, now, do you? O: (Sucks if you can't come though, really.)

[stuff about Macquarie Melee tourney]
I'm up for it, and I'll be especially sure to bring my NTSC Melee just to see you pissed off about it in person. :D

But seriously, though, sounds good. Definitely would make the trip, even though I'd surely get my *** handed to me. :3

Top Bottom