• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Bi-Weeklies Happening Again!

forky

Smash Apprentice
Hello Everybody!

It's a slightly EXCITING night. For one or two reasons. For one, when i logged in just now, i saw Shaya's thread, monthly tournaments.... Why is this a bad thing you ask? It's not. It's brilliant to see more enthusiasm in the community.

HOWEVER! Whisper's of a place, not yet existing were made, promises, unfulfilled (Sorry this was late guys!) ... But! Finally. After 1.5 Long years, work, torment, agony & a few other dramatic terms that noone cares about, i am glad to FINALLY announce

Sydney City Bi-Weeklies!@@!!!
ALL HAPPENING AUGUST 31st! - BRING YOUR PAD

YES EVERYBODY! They are back. Our BI-Weeklies we have all been hearing, talking, gasping over.

WHERE?
WHEN?
HOW?

The cycle will again begin 1 month from now. I have a holiday booked to go see our friends in melbourne for a week after mid-august, and then we begin again.

I am going to be a bit annoying at this stage, and slowly release the juicy details, which have been in preperation now for 1.5 years. One thing there WILL be. Is free tournaments. Once a month. Free entry. Free stay. (Barring some rules) and obviously, a few games of smash with your friends. Disclaimers, maps, and the juicy details regarding the situation we have, will be released :D Slowly! Over the upcoming month, with the creme' de-la-creme surprise i have been saving for EVERYBODY will be released on the day of the first!

I want this community to grow, and thrive! Sydney smasher's were once far and few between - now, we are a hive, a colony of insane people with a habit to smash people with virtual dudes, it's just awesome.

Smash On! (Soon)!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Ah, so it begins soon.

It's been a while, but time flies. :)

Spectacular news!

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. Sounds awesome, nice to see people stepping up and furthering the community.

Will there be Melee, or is it planned to be Brawl only?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Biweeklies now?

Sydney Smash just got that much more epic! :D

Gords

Smash Champion
forky, you tease!!!
I want the juicy details now.
seriously cant wait. this is the kind of environment ive been looking for.
I hope i can make it regularly.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There shouldn't be any conflict with my monthly tournaments and forky's biweeklies.

We plan on running them seperate days of the week. I hope saturdays, he hopes sundays.

If there is timely conflicts I think forky said that that weekly would be dropped for the tournament.

The world is love and peace.

xeno

Smash Ace
Fork: FTW. can't wait.
Are Shaya/Fork's bi-weeklies happening the same week? Why not alternating weeks so, there's a meet every week!

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
three cheers for forky ^^ i can't wait till 31st of August, just hope that none of my field trips get in the way of the opening.

Bjay

Smash Lord
darn, can we get like, once little update about this, once a week or something =P

Unifex

Smash Rookie
I only just started to look into the Sydney smash scene but it looks like my timing couldn't have been better :-).
You guys are awesome for setting all this up, and getting the ball rolling.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the earliest possible smash gathering =]

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
me too, it'll be a little difficult for me to come since I work from 7pm sat till 7 am sunday morning and live in Canberra, but I sure do want to be a part of this.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
isaac, we still up for this sunday? i'll probs be a little early, more like 5 if thats cool?

Throwback

Smash Lord
Us Canberra players would love some info on this, since a trip to Sydney has to be planned in advance. I can guarantee 3 players, not including Luke.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I am going to be a bit annoying at this stage, and slowly release the juicy details, which have been in preperation now for 1.5 years.
Fork is fail.

All this megahype for... nothing.
hmmm!

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Fork is currently in Melbourne...and going Skiing with Cao and other Melbourne smashers...there will be no update for a couple more days...

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hmm the frontpage mentions 31st of August it starts, just have to wait a bit longer and see what happens then I guess.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
according to these sources heres what may be holding it back:

Source 1: He got a girlfriend or something.

Source 2: His house to host this isn't finished being built or something? I don't know.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Or he is just fail at meets.

Talk big but not much behind it.
hmmm...

Top Bottom