• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swine Flu.....oh crap..

OverLade

Smash Hero
So basically this junk is spreading. Over 100 have died in Mexico so far, but symptoms of cases in other countries have been mild so far. This new strain of H1N1 is a mutation of Regular flu and Bird flu inside pigs or something. Basically authorities are afraid of a global pandemic.

People between Mexico and every continent everyday.

Are you worried about it? What's your take?

Discuss.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
yea i was worried when i first heard about it...

You know that of the 20 cases in the US, none have died? And only one has been hospitlaized?

For some reason this flu (in the US) has the same symptoms as the common flu, which we have all had.

Yea you feel tired and ****ty, but hey its the flu.

Mexico is quite unsanitary compared to the US...

but yeah, don't take any chances.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ME HATE WATER. Well, I guess I'll start drinking more of it. It just has no taste, I hate that.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I heard there were some cases in NC

but im not too worried.

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah,go get your flu vaccines folks, im sure it's for your best interest,because pharma knows what it's doing.
As for me, who knows in that shot, so they can go **** themselves.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I have a sore throat right now and an upset stomach....so I'm feelin a lil on edge.

I'm currently drugged up on Vitamin C and Zinc Tablets. Im too ****in young to die now. **** that ****. If this **** gets everyone on my block its not gettin me. >_>

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The pharmacy where I work sold out of surgical/germ blocking masks already. We probably had 6 people just today ask for them specifically. Some people are definitely freaking out. You won't see me buying one though lol.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I have a sore throat as well and I've been sleeping like crazy. But I don't feel bad at all. I'm not worried, but I've been sure to drink lots of water and wash my hands frequently.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
There's a case of it here in Texas where someone died. My roomie's had a cough for over a month now. So yeahhhh...not good. XD

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
i heard that it can spread through butts

in other words.....tong, xif, sleepy, and cute falco player whose name i didn't catch.....i'm sorry

PolMex23

Smash Champion
In Mexico the health system is 3rd country compared to our first world health care.

If you catch the flu in Mexico as a mexican chances are you might die, yet alone a strand that no one has (i cant think of the word....)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
please redirect this to my bad jokes thread, this is off topic. <_<

as for the swine flu...

media sensationalism, nothing more or less. This state of emergency or whatever the white house put out is nonsense and really only done so that the sickness gets eradicated as quickly as possible. (because unlike most illnesses, we have a chance to eradicate it entirely, at least on US soil). You have a far far far far far far greater chance of dying from the normal flu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flu#Epidemic_and_pandemic_spread

It sucks, and it can be fatal, but there's no reason to take any extra precaution you wouldn't take with the normal flu.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Anybody ever read The Stand by Stephen King?

Oh yeah. Game. ****ing. Over.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
im not worried anymore
and im sick with sinus problems and a terrible cough
but lol xif is right *im still washing my hands a lot tho*
*shrug* gtfo flu

OverLade

Smash Hero
as for the swine flu...

media sensationalism, nothing more or less. This state of emergency or whatever the white house put out is nonsense and really only done so that the sickness gets eradicated as quickly as possible. (because unlike most illnesses, we have a chance to eradicate it entirely, at least on US soil). You have a far far far far far far greater chance of dying from the normal flu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flu#Epidemic_and_pandemic_spread

It sucks, and it can be fatal, but there's no reason to take any extra precaution you wouldn't take with the normal flu.
Nope, too late to eradicate it. It's spread to far apparently, in the US or anywhere. It's already in New York...and when **** gets in New York, **** gets EVERYWHERE.

I wouldn't call it hype, but I'm not super worried about it simply because it hasn't been proven a superbug. It isnt necessarily always lethal, but apparently they think its almost guaranteed that people will die in the US, which bothers me.

And No, you DEFINETLY dont have a greater chance of dying from the normal Flu. We actually have TREATMENTS for the normal flu. We wont have a cure for this **** for 4-6 months.

I get the feeling that after school ends Im gonna lock myself inside my house until they make a vaccine lol.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Nope, too late to eradicate it. It's spread to far apparently, in the US or anywhere. It's already in New York...and when **** gets in New York, **** gets EVERYWHERE.

I wouldn't call it hype, but I'm not super worried about it simply because it hasn't been proven a superbug. It isnt necessarily always lethal, but apparently they think its almost guaranteed that people will die in the US, which bothers me.

And No, you DEFINETLY dont have a greater chance of dying from the normal Flu. We actually have TREATMENTS for the normal flu. We wont have a cure for this **** for 4-6 months.

I get the feeling that after school ends Im gonna lock myself inside my house until they make a vaccine lol.
Are there medicines to treat swine flu?
Yes. CDC recommends the use of oseltamivir or zanamivir for the treatment and/or prevention of infection with these swine influenza viruses. Antiviral drugs are prescription medicines (pills, liquid or an inhaler) that fight against the flu by keeping flu viruses from reproducing in your body. If you get sick, antiviral drugs can make your illness milder and make you feel better faster. They may also prevent serious flu complications. For treatment, antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms).
;3

OverLade

Smash Hero
Are there medicines to treat swine flu?
Yes. CDC recommends the use of oseltamivir or zanamivir for the treatment and/or prevention of infection with these swine influenza viruses. Antiviral drugs are prescription medicines (pills, liquid or an inhaler) that fight against the flu by keeping flu viruses from reproducing in your body. If you get sick, antiviral drugs can make your illness milder and make you feel better faster. They may also prevent serious flu complications. For treatment, antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms).
;3
Medicines to treat =/= Vaccines though. :(

OverLade

Smash Hero
1-Avoid it for as long as possible while waiting for vaccine
2-Eventually Catch it
3-Drug yourself up on Vitamin C and regular influenza treatments
4-Stay Alive
5-Take vaccine when/if it comes out
6-Vaccine works?
7-Profit
Fixed. :bee::bee::bee::bee: