• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swine Flu.....oh crap..

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I wouldn't call it hype, but I'm not super worried about it simply because it hasn't been proven a superbug. It isnt necessarily always lethal, but apparently they think its almost guaranteed that people will die in the US, which bothers me.
If 1,000,000 people flip a coin 50 times, there's actually a fairly decent chance 1 person will get 50 heads in a row.

Simple probability would indicate that yeah, if there's a hundred or so contractions of the disease, at least one poor *** mofo is gonna die.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Columbus State University administered a Medical Alert for the Swine Flu >_>

Go GA >_> (even though there are no cases known in GA lol).

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
The media is just fear mongering right now its really nothing to worry about. You have a better chance of hitting the lottery then getting this.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I was reading an article on the Wii news channel(Yeah, I actually look), saying that some over-the-counter drug could stop the virus if it gets you... although it might be wrong.

I dunno, that's just what I read...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm not too worried, but I'm also not going to be foolishly skeptical about it either. It's better to be informed and prepared than to simply disregard a potential threat to your life.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
"Thank god I'm not going to Genesis".

rethink that statement, and call me back.
i thought i put i cant belive im saying this

i dont really want to go because im no where near good enough and i cant afford a plane ticket

also swine flu hasnt reached florida as far as ive heard so i should rephrase that

thank god im not going to CALIFORNIA any time soon

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
well we're on what level 5 pandemic or w/e

it's imminent right now. it's in every continent.
it's not contained like bird flu

personally i think it was engineered. We're all eventually going to get it, remember it spreads exponentially.

i'm scared at this point to be honest.

nevershootme

Smash Master
well we're on what level 5 pandemic or w/e

it's imminent right now. it's in every continent.
it's not contained like bird flu

personally i think it was engineered. We're all eventually going to get it, remember it spreads exponentially.

i'm scared at this point to be honest.
pigs engineered themselves to spread out the disease. I think someone else set the bomb up for the infection, and not the pigs. *cue X-Files theme*

edit: we can't really call it swine flu cuz the jews johning about it. the new official term is "influenza A(H1N1)"

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But wait. We can't refer to this as Swine Flu. It's H1N1 Flu, or Flu Virus, or something or the other.

Pork industry feel it'll send mixed messages about their industry, and might harm their profit.

**** THAT.

SWINE FLU! DON'T EAT BACON! DON'T EAT MEAT! GO VEGGIE! DO IT OR GO ILL!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Frames

DI
the only reason they have the H1N1 name is because it's not technically swine flu, it's a strain developed from 2 strains of swine flu, one strain of avian flu, and one strain of influenza A

the first recorded case of the outbreak was this mexican child who worked on a pig farm

Sengin

Smash Ace
For those that are curious, here is a google maps outbreak map for swine flu:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...39375,-110.390625&spn=15.738151,25.488281&z=5

it's basically your basic flu only worse, you add in vomit and diarrhea and you have swine flu. keep drinking water folks.
I had something like that over Christmas break. It was awful (no I did not have swine flu). I had stuff coming out of every orifice at the same time. Thankfully that part only lasted one night.

Top Bottom