• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Ubers Cup II [Dream World Ubers Tourney] - Congratulations ss118!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
SMASHBOARDS UBERS CUP II - ZEKROM BOOGALOO

General Rules:

1. All matches must be played on Pokémon Online (since it's the only Gen V battle simulator out currently).
  2. Saving battle logs is highly encouraged (in Pokémon Online, there is an option to always save battle logs).
  3. The first two rounds will be two weeks. Each round afterwards will be one week.
  4. The tournament is double elimination.
  5. All matches are best two out of three, with the sole exception of the finals, which will be best three out of five.
  6. Feel free to use as many teams as you wish, as long as all teams operate within the boundaries stated in the rules. This rule does not require usage of multiple teams.
  7. After finishing a match, post in this thread the result. For example, if player A beat player B in the first battle and lost in the second and third battles, this is what is expected to be posted - A: "Lost, 1-2" - B: "Won, 2-1"
  8. No scouting.
    [*]If there are 3 days or less remaining in the round and you have not completed your match, I will flood the inboxes of both players reminding them to do their match. Think I'm lying? Try it. See what happens.
    [*]Failure to complete a match without warning will result in you being added to the PokeCenter Blacklist.
    [*]In the interest of fairness, if a match is not completed, both players will be disqualified but only players who did not give any warning will be blacklisted. The other player will not be blacklisted.
    [*]Any person who has been added to the PokeCenter Blacklist (see below) may not enter.

Team Rules:

Format: Dream World Ubers

1. The following Pokémon are not permitted:
    No pokemon are banned.
  2. The following items are not permitted.
    No items are banned.
  3. The ability Inconsistent is banned.
  4. All other Dream World abilities and moves are allowed.
  5. Team Preview (WiFi Clause) is off.
  6. The following battle clauses are in effect:
    Evasion Clause
    Sleep Clause
    Freeze Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Self-KO Clause
    Species Clause

Prizes:

Nothing.

I'm not made of money, ****.

Registration
Sign-up for Smashboards Ubers Cup II with the following:

Username:
Pokemon Online Username:
Time Zone:

You MAY NOT sign up for Smashboards Ubers Cup II if you are on the SWF PokeCenter Tournament Blacklist (see below).

Sign-ups will close at 11:59 pm on Friday February 11 2011 or when 16 people have signed up. Anyone interested after the quota has been filled will be used as a substitute.

BRACKET:

[collapse=Entrants]Username: Gates
Pokemon Online Username: Gates
Time Zone: EST

Username: Wrath`
Pokemon Online Username: Wrath`

Username: Moozle
P.O. Username: Moozle
Time Zone: CST

Username: BLM (black mage)
Pokemon Online Username: B.L.M.

Username: Terywj
Pokemon Online Username: Terywj

Username: Wave⁂
Pokemon Online Username: wave.dash or wavedash

Username: ss118
Pokemon Online Username: ss118, articanus

Username: Majority
P.O. Username: Majority

Username: The Real Gamer
P.O. username: app1eseed
Timezone: EST

Username: vVv ChiboSempai
Pokemon Online Username: Chibo

Username: Kirbyraeg
Pokemon Online Username: Kirbyraeg/Alice Margatroid
Time Zone: PST

Username: alamaster
PO Username: Ala
Time Zone: EST[/collapse]

SWF POKECENTER TOURNAMENT BLACKLIST

The purpose of this blacklist is to punish those who do not complete their matched in PokeCenter tournaments and do not give warning for doing so. If you miss a match and are not accountable for it, you WILL be blacklisted. It doesn't matter if you are a well known and respected member of the PokeCenter, if you apologize for missing your match afterwards, or if you are a girl with large breasts. IF YOU MISS A TOURNAMENT MATCH AND ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR IT, YOU WILL BE BLACKLISTED.

Forfeiting a match will not result in a blacklist.

Completing a match a reasonable amount of time after the deadline (within approximately 3 to 5 days) will not result in a blacklist if both players have agreed to it and the tournament organizer has been made aware of it.

PokeCenter tournament organizers will be held responsible for updating the blacklist for their tournaments.

The following persons are banned from entry into any SWF tournament for inactivity in tournaments. Their ban shall be lifted 3*N months after the tournament which they were banned from ends, where N is the total number of times they have been blacklisted.

Zed - Banned for inactivity during NROAOF v0.5; 1 Blacklist total, Unbanned on 3/11/2011
IceArrow - Banned for inactivity during NROAOF v0.5; 1 Blacklist total, Unbanned on 3/11/2011
Riddle - Banned for inactivity during NROAOF v1; 1 Blacklist total, Unbanned on 05/05/2011
yoshididdy - Banned for inactivity during NROAOF v1; 1 Blacklist total, Unbanned on 05/05/2011
Alamaster - Banned for inactivity during Ubers Cup II; 1 Blacklist total, unbanned on 06/16/2011
kirbyraeg - Banned for inactivity during Ubers Cup II; 1 Blacklist total, unbanned on 06/16/2011
Majority - Banned for inactivity during Ubers Cup II; 1 Blacklist total, unbanned on 06/16/2011

Tournament Organizers MUST copy this blacklist into the original post of their tournament thread if they wish for the tournament to begin.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Since this serves no purpose for now, I'm locking it.

When you do have the tourney blacklist finalized, let me know and I'll re-open it for you.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Unlocked now that the thread's complete. Enjoy.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Signups are now open!

Username: Gates
Pokemon Online Username: Gates

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You didn't complete your match and you didn't give any warning about it until after the round one deadline.

Discuss it in the Tournament Discussion thread, not here.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Because of rule 11 I'm probably not going to waste my time in this tourney because the only chance I have to win is from people not showing up and I lose if someone else decides to not log onto smashboards for a week.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'll sign up as a sub.

Username: Wave⁂
Pokemon Online Username: wave.dash or wavedash

Gates

Banned via Warnings
wtf i didnt notice that? so if i get paired up with an inactive player i get disqualified?
WAY TO SET AN EXAMPLE FOR THE OTHER FORUM MEMBERS BY READING THE RULES, MR. MOD.

Seriously, I didn't want to do a "post your favorite kpop singer to prove you've read the rules" thing because I think those are ******** and because I assumed that people would actually read the rules.

Rule 11 will make this the fastest tournament ever.
That's the intent.

Look, whenever we've had tournaments in the past our biggest problem has been inactivity. The blacklist helps this inactivity by punishing people who don't show up without warning, but there's still the problem of people who get to the finals on the backs of incontinent opponents. Remember the OU tourney we did back in the fall that Macman won by only playing 1 match? **** like that is unacceptable, and even with the blacklist we can't fully ensure that it won't happen again. That's why I decided to implement this rule.

I'm not changing rule 11, no matter what. Don't like it? Don't sign up. You won't be missed.

I'll sign up as a sub.
Doesn't work like that. You can either sign up or not sign up. Which is it?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm waiting for the part where you have a 6-man bracket and you get shut down by the mods for having byes.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If only 6 people sign up, I'll do a 6 person bracket instead of a 16 person bracket.

Duh.

Jesus ****ing Christ, I'm not even sure if I should seed the brackets based on Ubers Cup 1 anymore since I'm sure people would ***** about that or accuse me of cheating too.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm waiting for the part where you have a 6-man bracket and you get shut down by the mods for having byes.
Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of a 16-man bracket with 6 active players over a 6-man bracket, anyway?

Moozle

Smash Champion
I was about to sign up and then I realized I'm on the blacklist...I'll post in the other tread why I shouldn't be.

I've been practicing Ubers for the last 2 weeks -.-

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, they pretty much are, Ulti.

Do a 16-person bracket with 6 entrants for yourself and tell me how it can be set up with no byes. I'd love to hear it.

@ Moozle - Kinda late for that now. Apologizing after the fact won't do you any good.

Enzo

Smash Lord
IMO this rule 11 is rediculoso.

I mean it sucks when a scrub makes it to finals winning 1 match
But son worse than one guy whos internet crashes which ruins someone else s run

I'm just posting my opinion on this

Moozle

Smash Champion
Yeah, they pretty much are, Ulti.

Do a 16-person bracket with 6 entrants for yourself and tell me how it can be set up with no byes. I'd love to hear it.

@ Moozle - Kinda late for that now. Apologizing after the fact won't do you any good.
I think you're missing the point in that there is no "fact." I don't deserve to be on the blacklist based on what I did. Oh well, at least practicing for this tourney got me to finally start playing ubers.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I have always wanted to make my own blacklist. I love the idea of having enough power to absolutely deny people the ability to do something.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Everyone should use a Steelix.

I mean how else are you going to win?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Anyone who loses me should feel terrible.
Just make a paralysis team and you'll be fine.

Like seriously. Idk how it goes this gen, but last gen paralysis teams were annoying as hell to face. Mostly because they were actually moderately effective.

I'd seriously consider joining this if it were just one battle each round. Mixed Darkrai and non-choice Palkia aren't nearly as effective the second and third time around. And I don't know how effective a dual screen + SubPass Mew and Shell Smash Cloyster combo would be, so I'm not even bothering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom