• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Lol a stupid tournament like this is just for ****'s and giggles, there's no penalty for performing badly. And if the majority of people really want to have other characters besides Baby Mario, then I guess that's fine. I don't want to really add a bonus to people who still choose Baby Mario, though. I think it'd be fun to see who still goes him regardless of other characters being available.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Yah it's just for fun. Just a nice break from the many FFAs we have had.

And that's fine but I'm still going baby Mario.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imma be going Baby Mario as well. If for some reason I start getting my *** COMPLETELY handed to me, I might go Toadette, but Ill prob go straight Baby Mario lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
What are some good courses for the baby booster

>implyingtherearegoodcoursesforbabybooster

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What are some good courses for the baby booster

>implyingtherearegoodcoursesforbabybooster
From what I understand, the Booster Seat doesn't have much problems on any track. But obviously, its low top speed is a downfall against the faster vehicles.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol. Lets put it this way, there arent many courses that are too hard to navigate due to its good Handling and Offroad, however it still has a few problems on really sharp courses like SNES Mario Circuit 3 as, although the Handling is good, the Drift isnt at all and you'll have problems making sharp turns. Add in the fact that the Booster Seat takes corners faster and better without drifting, but has no base speed and all your speed is going to need to come from Mini Turbos, and you have to decide whether or not Mini Turbos are worth it, as on a lot of corners you would no doubt MT around in the Flame Runner or Mach, will be a bit faster with just a plain old normal turn.

And the reason I say it has no good stages is cuz if you were against people using good vehicles, you'd never have any way to catch up regardless of the track, so there really isnt any course that would give you that edge to catch up. I GUESS it's best track would probably Dry Dry Ruins due to it's offroad, lots off gradual turns for it's need to MT without sharp corners, etc, but really thats still not even that great of a course for it.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Yah but dry dry ruins has that turn that the wall glitch is on.
I know from kart experience that turn is so easy to mess up D:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
dont drift around it, just take the normal blue jump, take a normal turn with it's insane handling, then immediately start a drift for the upcoming u-turn.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Be right on :3

edit: lol random, you're racing against the clan I'm trialing for

BSP

Smash Legend
So what's our turnout looking like?

:phone:

A time would be nice too

Or are we not doing anything today?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Really?
The ending made me laugh.
It's a long story.

An that my friends is why we have shok and Gatlin.
To front run for us.
I'm still pretty much scarred from those Spiny Shells after the last set of Mario Kart 7 tourneys. Apparently, I seem to be a magnet for Spiny Shell appearances.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
At least you can dodge those things in MKDD...

Is anyone up for racing on MKW tonight? Give me half an hour and I'll be online, provided that others are game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least you know they're coming, thanks to the touch screen, unlike MKWii, where you only know the instant it's hovering above you like a bat out of hell.
Some people find the touch screen to be a nuisance though, since it can lead to a battle of who will be the Spiny Shell's unlucky target.

And the irony is, Mario Kart Wii's Spiny Shell can leave you completely defenseless, while the Mario Kart 7 Spiny Shell is more forgiving with your items.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Some people find the touch screen to be a nuisance though, since it can lead to a battle of who will be the Spiny Shell's unlucky target.

And the irony is, Mario Kart Wii's Spiny Shell can leave you completely defenseless, while the Mario Kart 7 Spiny Shell is more forgiving with your items.
While I can definitely agree with that, let's face it; no one wants to be hit by a God Shell all the same.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I've even had it before. I had a lead that was so large that I took 2 blues, and then Shok caught up to me. I still won though because he got blue'd right after that :p

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
You just gotta think about the situation
1. Be in the pack and get a good item to comeback
2. Try to break outta the pack but still be in second
3. Break away, front run, and back spam so that blues don't matter(this works good on tracks that take technical skill and have good back spam spots)

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't know what a "sulituation" is, but those tips sound good for certain situations.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Yah, I'm terrible at spelling :3
I'll blame the fact I'm not on a keyboard but we all know I'm just a scrub :p

BSP

Smash Legend
So can we set up that Baby Booster thing for this Sunday? It's been a while since we've done anything.

Top Bottom