• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Mario

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Since Bo is so stuck on those two being in, I think they deserve it.

BO
Vato
Viviff
Hardgainer
Flameleon.

Any objections?

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
-Maybe because all of this is why Mario is bottom on the ranking list x9-

@hippie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_picfH5lFcU&feature=channel_page that's me x9
O_O! your mario's freaken awesome dude... I thought you were some random scrub... your mario's like 10x handgainers and fifi... you really should be in this... :bee:

Also if I were to choose a team it would look like this... 1.) BO, 2.) Vato, 3.) Flameleon, 4.) HippieDude, 5.)Me or A2ZOMFG

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I'm thinking the same thing. I have no idea how good this guy is. Of course I would like to play this guy myself, but anybody able to test him is fine.

I'm putting this out for myself as a nomination, but I did an online low tier tourney today with 20-25 people and I got 5th. I beat a C. Falcon, PT, and a Lucas and I lost to a Lucas/PT and a Jigglypuff.
i was the jigglypuff (hairybeastbelow) :>

Hardgainer08

Smash Apprentice
I think this is getting a bit too dragged out. Everyone has their reasons for wanting to be in.

But we need to choose, pretty sure that tourney is gonna be soon...and the only people we seem to be universally accepting of is BO and Vato.

If that's the case and we all respect them enough, why not allow them to choose the remaining members? We for the most part agree mirrors mean nothing...at least in this tournament practically speaking. And voting seems to be seen as a popularity contest.

Any way we do this some people will not be happy.

I also want to put out there I support Viviff being part of this team. I have a lot of respect for his mindgame skills.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think this is getting a bit too dragged out. Everyone has their reasons for wanting to be in.

But we need to choose, pretty sure that tourney is gonna be soon...and the only people we seem to be universally accepting of is BO and Vato.

If that's the case and we all respect them enough, why not allow them to choose the remaining members? We for the most part agree mirrors mean nothing...at least in this tournament practically speaking. And voting seems to be seen as a popularity contest.

Any way we do this some people will not be happy.

I also want to put out there I support Viviff being part of this team. I have a lot of respect for his mindgame skills.
No, for ****s sake this has gone on 23 pages. It's Bo, Vato, you, Flame and Viviff. No more debating. This is so ********, it shouldn't take this long to pick the top 5 wifi marios.

The only thing we have left to debate is who takes the fifth spot since it's less important than the first 4 chairs.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-I AM a random scrub.! haha.....that's the mindgame x9, well, back to topic, i think i'll sacrifice for everyone by taking the 5th spot, mainly because i'm not sure if i'll get a wii to play and maybe my connection will be gay or smthing, but, anyways, i'll be behind all of u, being also ready to play ; )...-

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
-I AM a random scrub.! haha.....that's the mindgame x9, well, back to topic, i think i'll sacrifice for everyone by taking the 5th spot, mainly because i'm not sure if i'll get a wii to play and maybe my connection will be gay or smthing, but, anyways, i'll be behind all of u, being also ready to play ; )...-
Fair enough.

So Final Result:

1st BO X7

2nd Vato_Break

3rd Hardgainer

4th Viviff

5th Flameleon

Is this what everyone agrees with?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm only on page 9. 40 posts per page > hippie/M101. Losers. <3

Great team. Looks like we're set.

T0MMY

Smash Master
And while it's somewhat true that most tournaments you go to, if you're any good with Mario it'll leave an impression, but this was Tourneyplay. I almost beat DSF in a money match, went even with M2K in a friendly before he quit a stock and a half in to play his tournament match, and had a lot of the SoCal group that had never seen me before tell me my Mario was the best they'd ever seen. They kept mentioning some guy from California, I can't remember his name, but someone would ask someone else about me and they'd say, "This guy's Mario is even better than ______'s." These were real players, so real in fact M2K got 3rd.

Anyway, I feel I've stated my case more than enough. I'm free to play anyone Wednesday and Thursday, when I get back home.

Oh and by the way, I'm the only NW Mario I know about. T0mmy likes Mario, but he's far too awful to consider a Mario player. I can't think of anyone else besides me........
Are you Viviff? That's the only good Mario player I know in the Pac NW.
The California Mario player you can't remember is probably TC1, and I think Viviff has a better Mario than him.
But unless you're Viviff than my Mario > yours.
And if you are Viviff than my Mario is almost as good as yours even though I only played Mario for a week.
I don't play Mario at all anymore, the fun is gone.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
That's the name I couldn't remember! Being tucked away in my little GameFAQs corner ruling over the *******, I don't know much about the extended region. I'm like the kid from the movie The Wizard; some random-*** unknown named Jimmy stomping ***.

And really Tommy? Really? Do you remember how bad the mirrors were? I wouldn't describe many things as a slaughter, but those could be easily described as a slaughter. Oregon Smash for life and all that, but c'mon, we're about as close in Mario as we are in ROB.

But I very much appreciate the compliment of being better than that guy from California!

T0MMY

Smash Master
That's the name I couldn't remember! Being tucked away in my little GameFAQs corner ruling over the *******, I don't know much about the extended region. I'm like the kid from the movie The Wizard; some random-*** unknown named Jimmy stomping ***.

And really Tommy? Really? Do you remember how bad the mirrors were? I wouldn't describe many things as a slaughter, but those could be easily described as a slaughter. Oregon Smash for life and all that, but c'mon, we're about as close in Mario as we are in ROB.

But I very much appreciate the compliment of being better than that guy from California!
So you are Viviff then? The "Slaughter" was down to the last stock X^p
And, yes, you're better than TC1, but not drastically better, about the same level. He probably knows his matchups better, but you know the character better.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
So you are Viviff then? The "Slaughter" was down to the last stock X^p
And, yes, you're better than TC1, but not drastically better, about the same level. He probably knows his matchups better, but you know the character better.
We played a bunch of mirrors, I 2-stocked you a ton, almost pulled a 3-stock. Never got taken to my last stock unless I suicided once and forgot. It was at G.O. I think.

But I do think your assessment is right. I know the character inside-out and in backwards Chinese, but match-ups aren't necessarily my strong-suit. It's all mindgames for me. Luckily these are low-tiers in this tournament, which is my entire roster.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
well it's September 1st. =O

Edit: Kirin I thought your wii was messed up? Well if its fixed, I wanna face that link of yours if we run into each other in brackets :devil:

Matt07

Smash Master
Dang, that's one beastly list of Link's.

Lol at Sasook being there, he always finds a way to john out of tournaments. (Heart Sasook.)

Top Bottom