• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
3. :4falcon::4greninja::4tlink::4corrin::4megaman::4dk::4rob::4lucario::4miibrawl::4myfriends::4marth::4luigi:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4yoshi::4peach::4lucas:

-1:4lucas:

I don't think Lucas is bad or anything but I can't see him in this tier as of now. He belongs to the top spot of tier 4.
And no one should also move up.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I think everyone is accidentally leaving Pac-Man out of their lists. If you didn't notice, he moved up to this tier, like Browny said. Tell me if I am just confused or something but that's what it looks like to me.
"Please note, Pac-Man can not be voted on in this round".

VizionarY

Smash Cadet
NNID
nntnendogamer511
3DS FC
5172-3207-3782
3::4lucas::4yoshi::4greninja::4falcon::4corrin:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4luigi::4rob::4myfriends::4dk::4lucario::4megaman::4marth::4peach::4miibrawl:(:4pacman:*)
+:4lucas:
-:4lucario:

Changing around my votes due to how many people are down-voting Lucas, and he fought like HELL to get up to tier 3. I'm not letting you guys drop him into tier 4 or even worse; He's got too much good results to be a tier 3 char. Not only that but I believe in Lucas and his potential. Even if he is at the bottom of tier 3 in most people's eyes I think he's top of tier 3. MAYBE even better, But we'll have to see about that one, won't we?

Last edited:

Phuckyew

Smash Cadet
:4greninja::4falcon::4miibrawl::4tlink::4corrin::4lucario::4marth::4yoshi::4dk:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4myfriends::4peach::4rob::4megaman::4luigi::4lucas:
I'm going to revise this list post later but for now my vote is
+:4greninja:

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
3::4greninja::4corrin::4falcon::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4rob::4dk::4lucario::4luigi::4myfriends::4megaman::4marth::4peach::4yoshi::4lucas::4miibrawl::4pacman:
:4greninja::4tlink:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4corrin::4lucario::4falcon::4yoshi::4megaman::4myfriends::4miibrawl::4luigi::4pacman::4rob::4dk::4peach::4marth::4lucas:

-1:4marth:People serisualy overhype Marth. He's kinda like Link where people refuse to believe that he isn't high tier despite most evidance showing that they are, indeed not high tier (Espicially Link, who is bottom 10 and even bottom 7 when miis get all moves. And btw, that's another thing, can you guys please stop messing with this tier list and putting Link up so high when you only need to use obvious common sense to know he's at least tier 5. It's just an insult to people who understand this game and to the decelepers for not making Link so good, you're litertatly rubbing it in their faces by putting him so high. It's just disrepsectful). I guess you could argue that "Marth being top 30 is supported by results due to Mr. E and Pugwest.", but Brood and Yusan get even better results with Duck Hunt and Dandypenguin gets only slightly worse results with him, and last I checked he isn't top 30.

+1:4greninja:

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
:4corrinf::4greninja::4tlink:(:4darkpit:+:4pit:):4miibrawl::4lucario::4falcon::4megaman::4myfriends::4luigi::4peach::4dk::4yoshi::4rob::4marth::4lucas:(:4pacman:*)

I think :4peach:COULD go higher, but the results of the others are better and every character here has around equal theory. Also, I will vote later. None of these characters "fit" tier 2 besides Guest XXXX Brawler IMO.

+1:4corrinf:

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Pretty sad that a character with Wario's set of specials is sitting in tier 4. Anyway:
:4miibrawl::4corrin::4greninja::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4falcon::4lucas::4lucario::4peach:
:4megaman::4myfriends::4yoshi::4dk::4rob::4luigi::4marth:
+1:4miibrawl:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
3: :4greninja::4corrin::4falcon::4tlink::4lucario:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4yoshi:
3.5: :4rob::4luigi::4dk::4marth::4myfriends::4megaman::4peach::4lucas::4miibrawl:

I once again feel this tier is alright as it is. However, it's posts above me that make me make votes like this...

+1:4marth:: I will just re-itterate, that I don't think Marth is any higher. However, when people down vote him when they have no real reason to calls for such countervoting.

I guess you could argue that "Marth being top 30 is supported by results due to Mr. E and Pugwest.", but Brood and Yusan get even better results with Duck Hunt
While results do mean a lot, they don't mean everything. For a start, Marth does have good enough results to at least hang with these characters, with better results that some of the characters in this tier in the first place.

The reason why Marth is this high and Duck Hunt isn't, is because Marth isn't held back by a slew of flaws. While both Marth and Duck Hunt have results, lets compare them as characters a moment.

:4marth:
+ Great (disjointed) range
+ Quick moves
+ Great grounded normals, which can convert into many moves
+ Strong set of aerials
+ Good zoning that is rewarded
+ Great off stage game, with solid recovery move
+ Can seal stocks off relatively easy, through sheer power, or conversions into an edgeguard
+ Can play defensively when needed, safely
+ Great juggling tools
+ Good overall matchup spread, with few outright losing matchups, and solid overall matchup spread against top tiers
+ Above average results
+ Above average mobility
+ Has relevancy against certain top tiers (Rosalina being a notable example)
+ Kill throw

- Has a lackluster set of combo throws that stop working or become unreliable after very low percents.
- Punishable smash attacks
- A lot of his moves are punishable when unneededingly spammed
- Requires precision to play correctly
- Active frames on certain important moves, such as Fair and Dtilt are rather low, lending to more precision
- Doesn't have enough safety to rush down effectively. Is very susceptible to momentum shifts.
- While has an overall great matchup spread, he does struggle with certain top tiers, namely Sheik, Ryu, and Pikachu
- No projectile

:4duckhunt:
+ Good set of projectiles
+ A solid set of aerials
+ Projectiles can force approaches
+ Above average results, better than a lot of the characters around him
+ Very good Up Tilt, almost Mario level

- Overall below average range, lacking disjoints
- Poor grounded normals, aside from Up Tilt
- Poor overall approach, lacking sufficient autocancels to do so safely
- Lack luster off stage game, due to lacking overall range and/or disjoint
- The point above is only made worse by his "please gimp me" poor and slow recovery move
- Projectiles CAN force approaches, but aren't powerful enough to do much else. Shield stops them most of the time.
- Very poor KO power, with lack of safe KO moves, and smashes that don't link properly
- Very poor grab game, lacking true follow ups, and a kill throw
- No relevant positive matchups against top tiers, and overall poor matchup spread, with very bad matchups against multiple top tiers
- Poor against rushdown and reflection

If we went by your theory, Yoshi and Peach should be at least in tier 5, because their results are actually quite poor and lacking. However, they aren't, because they have multiple positive traits that keep them up there (this is why I put Yoshi up a bit higher than normal; he lacks notable results, but they can only keep a good character down so far I believe). This is what Duck Hunt lacks, and overall has more negatives than he does positives.

Can I also point out that False gets results with Marth, not just Pugwest and Mr. E? I can't remember the player's name, but there is a Japanese player doing stuff with Marth recently (came 5th I believe at Karisuma), and that says a lot about the character when Japan are notorious for having poor views on him. Marth has more players than just these two.

Rant over.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
3: :4greninja::4corrin::4falcon::4tlink::4lucario:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4yoshi::4rob::4luigi::4dk::4megaman::4marth::4myfriends::4peach::4lucas::4miibrawl:

I once again feel this tier is alright as it is. However, it's posts above me that make me make votes like this...

+1:4marth:: I will just re-itterate, that I don't think Marth is any higher. However, when people down vote him when they have no real reason to calls for such countervoting.

While results do mean a lot, they don't mean everything. For a start, Marth does have good enough results to at least hang with these characters, with better results that some of the characters in this tier in the first place.

The reason why Marth is this high and Duck Hunt isn't, is because Marth isn't held back by a slew of flaws. While both Marth and Duck Hunt have results, lets compare them as characters a moment.

:4marth:
+ Great (disjointed) range
+ Quick moves
+ Great grounded normals, which can convert into many moves
+ Strong set of aerials
+ Good zoning that is rewarded
+ Great off stage game, with solid recovery move
+ Can seal stocks off relatively easy, through sheer power, or conversions into an edgeguard
+ Can play defensively when needed, safely
+ Great juggling tools
+ Good overall matchup spread, with few outright losing matchups, and solid overall matchup spread against top tiers
+ Above average results
+ Above average mobility
+ Has relevancy against certain top tiers (Rosalina being a notable example)
+ Kill throw

- Has a lackluster set of combo throws that stop working or become unreliable after very low percents.
- Punishable smash attacks
- A lot of his moves are punishable when unneededingly spammed
- Requires precision to play correctly
- Active frames on certain important moves, such as Fair and Dtilt are rather low, lending to more precision
- Doesn't have enough safety to rush down effectively. Is very susceptible to momentum shifts.
- While has an overall great matchup spread, he does struggle with certain top tiers, namely Sheik, Ryu, and Pikachu
- No projectile

:4duckhunt:
+ Good set of projectiles
+ A solid set of aerials
+ Projectiles can force approaches
+ Above average results, better than a lot of the characters around him
+ Very good Up Tilt, almost Mario level

- Overall below average range, lacking disjoints
- Poor grounded normals, aside from Up Tilt
- Poor overall approach, lacking sufficient autocancels to do so safely
- Lack luster off stage game, due to lacking overall range and/or disjoint
- The point above is only made worse by his "please gimp me" poor and slow recovery move
- Projectiles CAN force approaches, but aren't powerful enough to do much else. Shield stops them most of the time.
- Very poor KO power, with lack of safe KO moves, and smashes that don't link properly
- Very poor grab game, lacking true follow ups, and a kill throw
- No relevant positive matchups against top tiers, and overall poor matchup spread, with very bad matchups against multiple top tiers
- Poor against rushdown and reflection

If we went by your theory, Yoshi and Peach should be at least in tier 5, because their results are actually quite poor and lacking. However, they aren't, because they have multiple positive traits that keep them up there (this is why I put Yoshi up a bit higher than normal; he lacks notable results, but they can only keep a good character down so far I believe). This is what Duck Hunt lacks, and overall has more negatives than he does positives.

Can I also point out that False gets results with Marth, not just Pugwest and Mr. E? I can't remember the player's name, but there is a Japanese player doing stuff with Marth recently (came 5th I believe at Karisuma), and that says a lot about the character when Japan are notorious for having poor views on him. Marth has more players than just these two.

Rant over.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm saying some people would argue that his results make him top 30, but this doesn't make him top 30 because by that logic, Duck Hunt would end up in tier 3 too when this isn't true, because theory still plays a part and theory doesn't put Marth in top 30 at all, like Duck Hunt. Which means that just because his results are good, it doesn't make him top 30. People that say he's top 30 in potential are, as I said, overhyping him or refusing to believe he isn't extremely good this time around.

I didn't include False because he rarely uses Marth, he uses most,y Ryu and the occasional Sheik.

Also, some of your Duck Hunt flaws are wrong; for example, up tilt is absoluty not his only good ground normal; he also has jab, dash attack, forward tilt, and smashes (Despite the connecting problem) that are good.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
I am a supporter of the Brawl tier list way of ranking, so i split my list in a lot of tiers, but to abide to the rules I'll make it into a legit vote at the end.

* :4corrin::4greninja::4tlink:
* :4rob::4miibrawl::4falcon::4myfriends:
* :4lucario:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4dk::4megaman::4marth:
* :4yoshi::4luigi::4lucas::4peach:

There are a few of these specific positions i don't feel too strongly about, but this is what i ended up with after quite a while of swapping around the icons to iron out the things that felt off. I feel the top 3 could be worthy of considering to vote up, but none of them down.

So my vote ends up looking like:

3) :4corrin::4greninja::4tlink::4rob::4miibrawl::4falcon::4myfriends:
3.5) :4lucario:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4dk::4megaman::4marth::4yoshi::4luigi::4lucas::4peach:

+ :4marth:

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4corrin::4miibrawl::4peach::4falcon::4tlink::4rob::4luigi::4greninja::4myfriends: (:4pit::4darkpit:):4lucario::4marth::4yoshi::4dk::4megaman::4lucas:
If this was still Any Size XXXX, then I'd be upvoting Mii Brawler and warning you all of the sheer madness of the Fat/Short and Thin/Short variants but since it isn't, I don't really see anything I want to vote on, which is a shame. :ohwell:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm saying some people would argue that his results make him top 30, but this doesn't make him top 30 because by that logic, Duck Hunt would end up in tier 3 too when this isn't true, because theory still plays a part and theory doesn't put Marth in top 30 at all, like Duck Hunt. Which means that just because his results are good, it doesn't make him top 30. People that say he's top 30 in potential are, as I said, overhyping him or refusing to believe he isn't extremely good this time around.

I didn't include False because he rarely uses Marth, he uses most,y Ryu and the occasional Sheik.

Also, some of your Duck Hunt flaws are wrong; for example, up tilt is absoluty not his only good ground normal; he also has jab, dash attack, forward tilt, and smashes (Despite the connecting problem) that are good.
I totally understood what you said, and I even explained it. I said that, while he does have good results, the reason he is up there is not just because of his results, but his traits (which I then went on to explain). I also went on to explain that Duck Hunt could never be that high, because while he does have some results, he has flaws, ones that hold him back severely (which I also went on to explain).

Ignoring False is another poor show. False got the same placement as Pugwest at Pound, 17th place, and used Marth a lot (it's worth mentioning though that Pugwest got 17th using just Marth alone).

Duck Hunt's ground normals aside from Up TIlt lack enough reward, are too punishable, or too unreliable. His smashes are by no means good at all.

People are not overhyping Marth. We don't "refuse to believe he isn't extremely good this time around", because that's fact; he isn't top 3, top 5 any more. However, he certainly isn't neutered, and has enough results, a good enough matchup spread, now good enough frame data to prove he can hang with the likes of these characters. Unless Marth somehow wins a major, or gets some more relavant buffs, he won't be any higher. However, he certainly has no reason whatsoever to be lower than he is now.

I rest my case. Have a nice day.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I totally understood what you said, and I even explained it. I said that, while he does have good results, the reason he is up there is not just because of his results, but his traits (which I then went on to explain). I also went on to explain that Duck Hunt could never be that high, because while he does have some results, he has flaws, ones that hold him back severely (which I also went on to explain).

Ignoring False is another poor show. False got the same placement as Pugwest at Pound, 17th place, and used Marth a lot (it's worth mentioning though that Pugwest got 17th using just Marth alone).

Duck Hunt's ground normals aside from Up TIlt lack enough reward, are too punishable, or too unreliable. His smashes are by no means good at all.

People are not overhyping Marth. We don't "refuse to believe he isn't extremely good this time around", because that's fact; he isn't top 3, top 5 any more. However, he certainly isn't neutered, and has enough results, a good enough matchup spread, now good enough frame data to prove he can hang with the likes of these characters. Unless Marth somehow wins a major, or gets some more relavant buffs, he won't be any higher. However, he certainly has no reason whatsoever to be lower than he is now.

I rest my case. Have a nice day.
I never said Duck Hunt was top 30 lol.

Just because False used Marth a lot in round 1 pools doesn't mean much at all.

That Duck Hunt thing was hilaroisiy wrong.

People are indeed overhyping Marth, as I can see in your other posts:

"Good overall matchup spread, with few outright losing matchups, and solid overall matchup spread aganist top tiers" This is absoluty not right at all. His doesn't lose "outright", but neither do Ike, Peach, all moves Mii Brawler, and other characters you put below him. He absoluty does not have a relevent matchup aganist Rosalina; pretty much everyone says this about their mains unless they have a ton of other relevant matchups, just because Shulk goes even with her, "so MY main MUST go even with her too!" He loses by a pretty good amount to certain top tiers such as Cloud and Mario, and to Pac-Man as well.

His mobility is below average unless you're only counting walk speed in this, or assuming it means MUCH more thsn dash speed or air speed. Marth is average in air speed and below average in running speed.

Nobody says he's still top 5 because they can't even make a wrong post sound even close to right or convinceable on that. They just refuse to believe that he didn't become even top 30 this time

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
:4greninja::4corrin::4tlink::4luigi:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4lucario::4rob:
:4falcon::4yoshi::4dk::4marth::4myfriends::4miibrawl::4peach::4lucas::4megaman:(:4pacman:*)

EDIT: +1:4greninja: After a while of doubting, I've moved him up. His options are just insane, with great frame data, good kill power, great zoning and edgeguarding, and insane combo game. He also has plenty of high-level rep, most notably iStudying getting 2nd at Beast 6 but also some other players. I believe in his potential!

-1 :4miibrawl: (countervote) Guys, GUEST SIZE. His deadly combos are no longer true, his insane mobility is gone, and his vertical recovery is now even worse. I'm not saying he should go down, but he definitely shouldn't go up, either. (EDIT: In fact, I've moved him higher up as of now.)

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I never said Duck Hunt was top 30 lol.

Just because False used Marth a lot in round 1 pools doesn't mean much at all.

That Duck Hunt thing was hilaroisiy wrong.

People are indeed overhyping Marth, as I can see in your other posts:

"Good overall matchup spread, with few outright losing matchups, and solid overall matchup spread aganist top tiers" This is absoluty not right at all. His doesn't lose "outright", but neither do Ike, Peach, all moves Mii Brawler, and other characters you put below him. He absoluty does not have a relevent matchup aganist Rosalina; pretty much everyone says this about their mains unless they have a ton of other relevant matchups, just because Shulk goes even with her, "so MY main MUST go even with her too!" He loses by a pretty good amount to certain top tiers such as Cloud and Mario, and to Pac-Man as well.

His mobility is below average unless you're only counting walk speed in this, or assuming it means MUCH more thsn dash speed or air speed. Marth is average in air speed and below average in running speed.

Nobody says he's still top 5 because they can't even make a wrong post sound even close to right or convinceable on that. They just refuse to believe that he didn't become even top 30 this time
1) Rosalina struggles against disjointed range such as swords, with Cloud, Shulk, and Marth being some of her harder matchups because not only can they threaten Luma, but they can safely poke at him with their range without the risk of being punished. Any Marth player will tell you that Marth is a relavant pick against Rosalina. It's debatable whether he wins or not, but he certainly does go even with her, and gives her trouble.

Don't try and question me when it comes to the Marth v Rosalina matchup. When you main both characters, you can see it from both sides extremely easily.

2) Marth once again goes even, if not only loses to Cloud by a small margin. You'd be suprised how many of Marth's moves outrange Cloud's, such as his Ftilt, Utilt, Usmash and Nair. Overall, the matchup comes a game of who is playing better. Cloud can threaten Marth with rushdown easier, but his rushdown options are punishable, and Marth's great off stage game essentially makes him a threat to Cloud instantly. Overall, it's more believable to think Cloud wins by a very small margin. Marth does not noticeably lose to him at all.

3) Diddy is a tough one. I personally feel Diddy beats Marth, but it's manegable, and is not a volatile losable matchup like Sonic or Ryu. Diddy once again must be wary of Marth's disjoint and off stage presence. Marth played very reactionary and defensive based is the best way to play this matchup.

4) Marth definitely at the least goes even with Pac. He certainly does not lose that matchup. Pac Man does very well at forcing an approach from Marth, but has little ways to combo him, and when Marth has the upper hand, Pac Man has little answer to his range.

5) Mobility includes more than speeds. His run speed is above average, his air speed is average, and has the best walk speed. Tie this in with the fact that Marth has one of the best Extended Dash Dances and gets some of the better uses out of Perfect Pivots (PP Dtilt is godly), and Marth has overall, great mobility options.

Please, I get you are allowed your own opinion, but please stop trying to convince everyone else is wrong. You said exactly the same about Link in your first post. When you can come back with substantial evidence about any character, we can talk.

Last edited:

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
3::4greninja::4corrin::4falcon::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4rob::4dk::4lucario::4luigi::4myfriends::4megaman::4marth::4peach::4yoshi::4lucas::4miibrawl::4pacman:
:4greninja::4tlink:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4corrin::4lucario::4falcon::4yoshi::4megaman::4myfriends::4miibrawl::4luigi::4pacman::4rob::4dk::4peach::4marth::4lucas:

-1:4marth:People serisualy overhype Marth. He's kinda like Link where people refuse to believe that he isn't high tier despite most evidance showing that they are, indeed not high tier (Espicially Link, who is bottom 10 and even bottom 7 when miis get all moves. And btw, that's another thing, can you guys please stop messing with this tier list and putting Link up so high when you only need to use obvious common sense to know he's at least tier 5. It's just an insult to people who understand this game and to the decelepers for not making Link so good, you're litertatly rubbing it in their faces by putting him so high. It's just disrepsectful). I guess you could argue that "Marth being top 30 is supported by results due to Mr. E and Pugwest.", but Brood and Yusan get even better results with Duck Hunt and Dandypenguin gets only slightly worse results with him, and last I checked he isn't top 30.

-1:4lucas:While this kinda makes sense in theory, results don't really support this, and even then I'm not sure he's theirtictially this high.
Eh, Lucas has a good number of results in Japan thanks to Taiheita, and a few notable ones in the U.S., and Marth has great results everywhere thanks to Pugwest, Mr. E (?) and False. I suppose it's worth mentioning that you can only downvote and upvote one character.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
:4corrin::4tlink::4luigi::4greninja:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4lucario::4rob:
:4falcon::4yoshi::4dk::4marth::4myfriends::4peach::4megaman::4lucas::4miibrawl:(:4pacman:*)

No + vote.

-1 :miibrawler: Guys, GUEST size. His deadly combos are no longer true, his insane mobility is gone, and his vertical recovery is now even worse. He shouldn't go down, but he definitely shouldn't go up, either.
I actually forgot about that even tho i mentioned it, however Guest Brawler got 4th at some recent euro tourney iirc.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1) Rosalina struggles against disjointed range such as swords, with Cloud, Shulk, and Marth being some of her harder matchups because not only can they threaten Luma, but they can safely poke at him with their range without the risk of being punished. Any Marth player will tell you that Marth is a relavant pick against Rosalina. It's debatable whether he wins or not, but he certainly does go even with her, and gives her trouble.

Don't try and question me when it comes to the Marth v Rosalina matchup. When you main both characters, you can see it from both sides extremely easily.

2) Marth once again goes even, if not only loses to Cloud by a small margin. You'd be suprised how many of Marth's moves outrange Cloud's, such as his Ftilt, Utilt, Usmash and Nair. Overall, the matchup comes a game of who is playing better. Cloud can threaten Marth with rushdown easier, but his rushdown options are punishable, and Marth's great off stage game essentially makes him a threat to Cloud instantly. Overall, it's more believable to think Cloud wins by a very small margin. Marth does not noticeably lose to him at all.

3) Diddy is a tough one. I personally feel Diddy beats Marth, but it's manegable, and is not a volatile losable matchup like Sonic or Ryu. Diddy once again must be wary of Marth's disjoint and off stage presence. Marth played very reactionary and defensive based is the best way to play this matchup.

4) Marth definitely at the least goes even with Pac. He certainly does not lose that matchup. Pac Man does very well at forcing an approach from Marth, but has little ways to combo him, and when Marth has the upper hand, Pac Man has little answer to his range.

5) Mobility includes more than speeds. His run speed is above average, his air speed is average, and has the best walk speed. Tie this in with the fact that Marth has one of the best Extended Dash Dances and gets some of the better uses out of Perfect Pivots (PP Dtilt is godly), and Marth has overall, great mobility options.

Please, I get you are allowed your own opinion, but please stop trying to convince everyone else is wrong. You said exactly the same about Link in your first post. When you can come back with substantial evidence about any character, we can talk.
LOL you either are joking or don't know one SINGLE thing about it, for thr Pac-Man one. That matchup is garbage for Marth LOL.

The fact that Cloud can beat Marth pretty hard in the air is what makes it hard, Cloud and Marth do go even though on the ground, that's actually correct. But Cloud is in the air A LOT, and Marth is too.

Marth DOES kill Luma easily, but it's hard for Marth to approach her among other things. imo it's -1.

For mobility I didn't consider perfect pivot stuff, so that was my mistake lol.
Eh, Lucas has a good number of results in Japan thanks to Taiheita, and a few notable ones in the U.S., and Marth has great results everywhere thanks to Pugwest, Mr. E (?) and False. I suppose it's worth mentioning that you can only downvote and upvote one character.
WAIT WHAT? DANG IT! Replace my Lucas downvote with a Greninja up vote then.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
LOL you either are joking or don't know one SINGLE thing about it, for thr Pac-Man one. That matchup is garbage for Marth LOL.

The fact that Cloud can beat Marth pretty hard in the air is what makes it hard, Cloud and Marth do go even though on the ground, that's actually correct. But Cloud is in the air A LOT, and Marth is too.

Marth DOES kill Luma easily, but it's hard for Marth to approach her among other things. imo it's -1.
No Winter, I am not joking, and until you can come up with solid reasons without dismissing my points as "LOL you are joking", I see no reason to see why it's in Pac Man's favour. I know for a fact that when we've played on numerous occasions, your Pac Man (which is admittedly very strong), gives my Marth little trouble. Marth has to be wary of Pac Man's projectiles, which can force an approach from Marth most of the times, but once Marth is in, shield beats most of Pac Mans options, and Pac Man has little answer to his range. Pac Man thrives off of camping and keeping Marth away. That's basically what this matchup comes down to.

About Cloud, that's the thing; Marth shouldn't be playing in the air in that matchup. Similar to the Diddy matchup, Marth plays far better in this matchup defensive and reactionary based. Marth's Up Tilt beats or is an answer to all of Cloud's aerials, which puts Cloud in a precarious position that Marth can convert into an off stage position. The only aerial worth using in this matchup consistently is Nair, as it ourtanges Cloud's, but even then, Marth punishes Cloud better on the ground (of course Up Air and his Forward and Back Airs are good after an Up Tilt or off stage).

About Rosalina, you are still wrong. What you said is quite the opposite; it's hard for Rosalina to safely approach Marth because of his long disjointed range, which always poses a threat to Luma. Losing Luma puts Rosalina at an instant disadvantage. With the threat of losing Luma being so high, this matchup becomes a troublesome one for her. However, Rosalina's positives are more than enough to keep it even.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I think Guest XXXX Mii Brawler is seriously underrated. In EVO 2015 Dapuffster took top 16 with Mii Brawler, losing to Mr. R who ended up getting 2nd place overall (and Dapuffster was really close to winning the second set vs Mr. R). This video might be worth watching, where he wins two sets against ZeRo's Diddy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdcgwDARUoQ

Anyway, here are my votes:

3::4miibrawl::4falcon::4tlink::4yoshi::4corrin::4luigi::4greninja:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4dk::4lucario::4rob::4myfriends::4megaman::4peach::4lucas::4marth:

+ :4miibrawl:

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Yikarur gets 4th in Germany pretty frequently with :4yoshi: :4miibrawl:
Ah that's the guy I was thinking about

I think Guest XXXX Mii Brawler is seriously underrated. In EVO 2015 Dapuffster took top 16 with Mii Brawler, losing to Mr. R who ended up getting 2nd place overall (and Dapuffster was really close to winning the second set vs Mr. R). This video might be worth watching, where he wins two sets against ZeRo's Diddy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdcgwDARUoQ

Anyway, here are my votes:

3::4miibrawl::4falcon::4tlink::4yoshi::4corrin::4luigi::4greninja:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4dk::4lucario::4rob::4myfriends::4megaman::4peach::4lucas::4marth:

+ :4miibrawl:
While yes I believe a Guest Brawler so easily top of tier 3, EVO was kinda odd considering the customs on every character, but the only reason I did not upbote brawler is cause I am main biased :)(for real though it is just lack or knowledge on Guest Brawler as opposed to smawler)

D

Deleted member

For anyone saying :4yoshi:and :4peach: get "poor" results, I wanna try to clear something up.

This is a chart of hard data showing the raw number of wins and win rate every character had in April (I didn't make this before anybody asks), by top 8 placings. Yoshi is actually fairly high. He's also pretty popular if you take a look at Smashboards' character rankings. I also got some notable results Yoshi has had in the past year:
  • Firefly: 5th at PAX Prime
  • Raptor: 9th at SmashCon
  • The Wall winning a large regional in Texas, as did Raptor in his region
  • Raptor getting 5th at the most recent KTAR and 9th/13th in some other KTARs
  • The Wall getting 9th at the most recent TGC
  • Raptor: 17th at Pound
Even if I myself don't think highly of Yoshi or Peach (I think both are upper-mid, nothing more), the data is there. I really hope nobody's brushing off SlayerZ getting 5th at Fresh Saga over characters considered far better than her in the first place, like :4luigi:, :4bayonetta:, :4mario: and :4tlink:. He also got pretty far at G3 using Peach, I believe it was 17th place. Meru and Umeki are also notable Peach mains that continue to get good results.

But anyways, here is my vote:

:4greninja::4corrin::4falcon::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4rob::4dk::4lucario::4luigi::4myfriends::4megaman::4marth::4peach::4yoshi::4lucas::4miibrawl:

:4miibrawl::4corrin::4tlink::4greninja::4megaman::4lucario::4falcon:
:4yoshi:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4myfriends::4marth::4lucas::4peach::4luigi::4dk:

:4miibrawl:+1 Guest XXXX Brawler is top 15, imo. Bonkers character, you all would get nightmares if he was Small size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
While yes I believe a Guest Brawler so easily top of tier 3, EVO was kinda odd considering the customs on every character[...]
I would argue that that Brawler getting such good results at EVO where everyone had customs available says quite a lot. In an environment where only Miis get customs they're at an even greater advantage. The difference between bottom tier 2 and top tier 3 might not be that great anyway, though. I think overall Guest XXXX Mii Brawler has a lot of potential and if Guest XXXX sets were more commonly available they'd be a much more common pick.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
:4corrin::4tlink::4miibrawl::4greninja::4dk::4megaman::4peach::4falcon::4lucario:
:4myfriends::4yoshi:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4marth::4lucas::4luigi:
-:4pit: He just hasn't been getting much results lately.
+:4peach: Very scary honestly. If a person learns her to her full potential. There's no way we can tell what she's gonna pull(pun intended)

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
:4tlink::4falcon::4greninja::4megaman::4myfriends::4yoshi::4rob:
:4miibrawl::4peach::4lucario::4corrin::4dk::4darkpit::4pit::4marth::4luigi::4lucas:

-:4corrin: This is strictly an anti vote. But Corrin is mad overrated. Has Peach syndrome worse than Peach where everyone going "B-But potential!" with the results laughing at the idea. But instead of almost no results, its that most of his results come from either being one of 2 or 3 characters a person uses, or randomly showing up as a one off counterpick. Which over inflate his results so everything thinks he has good results. But then when you break down a) how many of his results are solo and b) how many of his results are at major tournaments, his results just fall off of a cliff for that area of character strength in the tier list. (The second thing I listed there is part of the reason why when you look at that chart a few posts back, his win rate is only a 45%. Keep getting used as a desperation counterpick and failing) I'm fairly confident that even Marth has more solo results nowadays than Corrin does.

He's a great counter pick character with a strong gimmick Side B (which will probably get nerfed next patch due to it most likely causing problems with online play btw, though that was not taken into his account in my placement of him), but he's not a good solo character. Which a tier list is looking at. HIs game outside of Side B doesn't hold up well enough. Certainly not top 15, that's just down right laughable.

+:4tlink: Toon Link is crazy. And actually has some really good top level results to back it up. It was pretty close between him and Falcon though, as both rely on a rather small number of individuals for said results.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
:4tlink::4falcon::4greninja::4megaman::4myfriends::4yoshi::4rob:
:4miibrawl::4peach::4lucario::4corrin::4dk::4darkpit::4pit::4marth::4luigi::4lucas:

-:4corrin: This is strictly an anti vote. But Corrin is mad overrated. Has Peach syndrome worse than Peach where everyone going "B-But potential!" with the results laughing at the idea. But instead of almost no results, its that most of his results come from either being one of 2 or 3 characters a person uses, or randomly showing up as a one off counterpick. Which over inflate his results so everything thinks he has good results. But then when you break down a) how many of his results are solo and b) how many of his results are at major tournaments, his results just fall off of a cliff for that area of character strength in the tier list. (The second thing I listed there is part of the reason why when you look at that chart a few posts back, his win rate is only a 45%. Keep getting used as a desperation counterpick and failing) I'm fairly confident that even Marth has more solo results nowadays than Corrin does.

He's a great counter pick character with a strong gimmick Side B (which will probably get nerfed next patch due to it most likely causing problems with online play btw, though that was not taken into his account in my placement of him), but he's not a good solo character. Which a tier list is looking at. HIs game outside of Side B doesn't hold up well enough. Certainly not top 15, that's just down right laughable.
I could not agree more. I feel like this whole "hidden potential" dynamic is something that people rely on far too much for tier placements. Just because a character may be capable of doing something big in the future doesn't mean they are doing that now. The whole point of a tier list is to rank characters on their current place in the meta. That is why we need to stop overrating characters like Corrin, Peach, etc just because they have "hidden potential" (which Peach doesn't even have otherwise she would have already shown it). I think Corrin is a solid character but I agree that we should not overrate them since they do not have results or theory to back up a placement in the next tier up.

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
I could not agree more. I feel like this whole "hidden potential" dynamic is something that people rely on far too much for tier placements. Just because a character may be capable of doing something big in the future doesn't mean they are doing that now. The whole point of a tier list is to rank characters on their current place in the meta. That is why we need to stop overrating characters like Corrin, Peach, etc just because they have "hidden potential" (which Peach doesn't even have otherwise she would have already shown it). I think Corrin is a solid character but I agree that we should not overrate them since they do not have results or theory to back up a placement in the next tier up.
To be honest, Corrin as a character has always confused me. You summarized how I would describe him perfectly: solid. He's solid, though I don't think he's much more than that. After all, hardly anyone is solo-maining him. He, Luigi, Lucas and Falcon are all pretty much the definition of "secondary".

@Feelicks Is that what your heart wants?

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
To be honest, Corrin as a character has always confused me. You summarized how I would describe him perfectly: solid. He's solid, though I don't think he's much more than that. After all, hardly anyone is solo-maining him. He, Luigi, Lucas and Falcon are all pretty much the definition of "secondary".

@Feelicks Is that what your heart wants?
Exactly. And I think this is proven by the fact that players like ESAM, Ryo, and others consider Corrin a secondary. They are useful is certain specific MUs (like against characters that get walled out by Side-B), but they aren't viable yet as a solo main. I must say, it's actually kind of rare to see a character that so many people secondary but so few actually main. Kind of an interesting situation... It also makes me wonder if some solo Corrin main will ever pop up in the future or if Corrin will go down the path of post-patch Luigi.

SpaceCanary

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceCanary
:4corrin::4greninja::4tlink::4rob:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4falcon::4megaman:
:4miibrawl::4lucario::4lucas::4dk::4myfriends::4luigi::4marth::4peach::4yoshi:

+1:4lucas: This is a counter-vote. Lucas has a definite niche which separates him from Ness, unlike other clones such as Pit, Link, Lucina, or Doc. The reason is because although Ness is more powerful, he is also more gimpable due to relying on PK Thunder 2 for recovery. This is important because a lot of top- and high-tier characters (:rosalina:,:4mario:,:4fox:,:4mewtwo:,:4villager:, or even another :4ness:) have reliable means of gimping the move and then recovering themselves. Lucas, on the other hand, can recover with his tether grab in a spot where Ness would be doomed. So in a sense he trades power for safety. It's not enough to put him near Ness, but it is enough to keep him where he is.

-1 :4corrin: This is another counter-vote. I have to agree: Corrin is "solid", but not good enough to move up a tier. His role is a secondary, not exactly a solo-main tournament winner.

Routa

Smash Lord
:4miibrawl:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4tlink::4myfriends::4lucario::4falcon::4greninja:
:4dk::4marth::4rob::4corrin::4luigi::4megaman::4yoshi::4lucas::4peach:

+:4miibrawl: Even in Guest size this character is a beast. Some of his best combos aren't true in Guest size indeed, but his punish game is still up there. Like I have said before Guest XXXX Brawler is pretty much Mario, with worse neutral, but better punish game. There are a lot of Brawlers placing really high in their regions like Yikarur (haven't found updated PR), Narayan (haven't found updated PR), BigLord (2nd in his region's PR), Horneaus (14th in his region's PR), Z2G (2nd in his regions PR), Sætre (6th in his region's PR) and more (note not all main Brawler, but some of them use them more).

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
:4greninja::4falcon::4miibrawl::4tlink::4corrin::4rob::4myfriends:
(:4pit::4darkpit:):4megaman::4marth::4dk::4yoshi::4peach::4lucario::4luigi::4lucas:

-1:4lucas:Compared to others here, he just screams out to be the outlier in the group. Tier 4 is more suitable place for the character atm due to his placings and theory considered. He wasn't doing much for most of his existence, and I recall that he only started showing up in top 20s recently. It wasn't too long ago that many people saw him as either low tier or a middling around in mid tier, and there isn't much beyond player skill that suggests that he's a high tier (which is what my perception of t3 is). He isn't a particularly threatening presence in the meta right now, but there is certainly has a lot of upside for the character in the future.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I would argue that that Brawler getting such good results at EVO where everyone had customs available says quite a lot. In an environment where only Miis get customs they're at an even greater advantage. The difference between bottom tier 2 and top tier 3 might not be that great anyway, though. I think overall Guest XXXX Mii Brawler has a lot of potential and if Guest XXXX sets were more commonly available they'd be a much more common pick.
[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah I never said Guest XXXX had no potential in tier 2. BTW, can you link me to the guy who uses brawler.

Top Bottom