• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Thor

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity, who do you think is better than Bayonetta?
TL;DR - Sheik ZSS Rosa Cloud Ryu Pikachu, maybe more [Diddy?], all have potential, but I don't think I should assert definitively that someone is better... just don't think she should immediately rocket to number 1 at this point.

Explanation:

Sheik ZSS Rosa Cloud Ryu all have potential and might turn out to be better than Bayonetta. I'd say Pikachu but recent results indicate otherwise [and that character is difficult to play].

I also think Bayonetta probably loses to Fox, given his amazing frame data on key moves relative to hers, although time will tell. I also wouldn't think Fox is better than her by any significant [given his Rosa MU, among other concerns], but Fox is still a highly relevant character and the MU merits consideration.

She also probably loses to Pikachu, because Pikachu is short [so probably falls out of her combos easier], hard to edgeguard, and has a very potent grab game, as well as faster moves for neutral [as mentioned above].

She may or may not also struggle against Sonic, Diddy [yeah MVD got zero-to-death'd, but he had a 71% lead at 0%...], and perhaps even Luigi [I know it sounds weird, but if she tries to airdodge his combos, she'll get frame-trapped by bat within a lot (or hit outright) and that means more damage for Luigi - and if she screws up a combo near the blastzone, combo-breaker nair or even a shoryuken will kill very early], but these are guesses with little to no theory or results backing them up [poor Luigi will get rekt if he's sent far enough offstage that he has to side+B, which isn't usually an issue but it could happen].

I've been told by a very solid Bayonetta that Cloud beats Bayonetta. If this is true, she's (from where I can see things) losing to enough characters to where I doubt she's number 1 [this as opposed to someone like Rosa, who only had 5 or 6 bad MUs pre-patch, or Mario, who just doesn't have many bad MUs at all, patch or no].

This is all keeping in mind that videos out there say you can SDI and DI out of her combos... fi this turns out to be false, it'll be a much harder sell that she isn't number 1.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Pikachu is now at -12.
That's down 4 tiers, lol.
That isnt how it works.

-3 will get you down one tier
-10 gets you down two tiers, but thats as low as you get. You can get -30, its still only down two tiers.

---

sheik ryu pikachu -1
diddy fox +1

UPDATED :)

There was a lot of +1s and -1s for bayonetta and corrin, they just kept going back and forth. Lots of movement this time but that was because smashboards linked this thread on FB and I woke up to like, 15 more votes to count.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Now the tier list looks almost perfect. So...

+ :4lucina:
+ :4corrin:
+:4robinf:
- :4sheik:
- :rosalina: (she's not on a tier on her own)

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
-:rosalina:
-:4samus:
+:4olimar:
+:4pikachu:
-:4mewtwo:(Wut lol. He's better but lets not get ahead of ourselves.)

Btw, I still think Zelda's bottom tier, but not outright the worst character anymore.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
:4wiifit:+ I know Wii Fit Trainer went up but she can go up higher. She's about mid right now but I'd say mid high maybe in the middle of Lucario and Pacman because she's really put down for what she is considering she made top 25 at Shots Fired and top 32 at Genesis and continues to surprise people. I know how ZeRo says she's high tier but I tend to disagree and say mid high since she does struggle of getting in and some more little struggles.
:4lucina:+ It's stupid how she's rated that low considering Lucina and Marth should be closer together.
:4dedede:+ I beg to differ that DDD is that low. He's got a lot of stuff going for him with the fact he's a heavy weight and gordos are really good.
:4pikachu:+ Pika should definitely be higher than that. That's just.......UNACCEPTABLEEEEE :p
:4shulk:+ Shulk shouldn't be bottom 10. Not out of bottom 20 but not bottom 19 when he's so undiscovered.
Also if you have any disagreements feel free to ask. I think I got my point across.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
:4mewtwo:+ (everyone always votes him up and down. Keep him where he is, he's fine in tier 4 right now)
:rosalina:- (good, but not in tier of her own)
:4lucina:+ (should be same tier as Marth)
:4greninja:+ (stronger character with Sheik nerfed, has a case for tier 3 IMO)
:4drmario:+ (should be no less than mid tier or high low)

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+1 :4bayonetta: Even after nerfs, definitely top tier.
+1 :4zss: ^^
+1 :4ryu: He should definitely rise given his lack of changes and most top tiers' nerfs.
+1 :4drmario: No way he's that low. If we're having 8 tiers, he's tier 6 at lowest. He still has plenty of combo, spacing, and kill potential.
+1 :4olimar: How has he still not moved up from the "default" tier?

Honorable upvotes to :4wario: (why did he move down?), :4pacman: (why hasn't he moved up farther?), and :4miibrawl: (customs are still on!).

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1::rosalina:
2::4cloud::4bayonetta::4diddy:
3::4sheik::4zss::4ryu::4mario::4sonic::4fox::4metaknight::4villager::4ness:
4::4pikachu::4tlink::4corrin::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4mewtwo::4yoshi::4rob::4peach:
5::4greninja::4myfriends::4luigi::4lucario::4pacman::4dk::4lucas::4miibrawl::4kirby::4marth::4samus:
6::4wario::4bowser::4olimar::4wiifit::4megaman::4gaw::4miigun::4falco::4link::4robinf::4miisword::4littlemac::4feroy::4lucina::4charizard:
7::4zelda::4drmario::4bowserjr::4shulk::4palutena::4duckhunt:
8::4dedede::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff:
Welp, Zelda has left us, and since she's gone, I don't think we can call the bottom tier Hyrule+ Tier anymore, it's going to need a new name now.
I really wanted to upvote Pikachu but I'm scared it's going to become a yo-yo like process of him going up and down endlessly, lol.
+ 1 :4myfriends: and + 1 :4luigi: I feel like both of these fellows belong a tad higher, being up with R.O.B. and Peach makes sense imo
+ 1 :4olimar: I feel like people don't give Olimar much attention and that's the only reason why he's not up any higher.
- 1 :4mewtwo: Tier 5 feels right to me.
I'll save my fifth vote for later.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Browny Browny PLEASE GET RID OF THE TIER 1, PLEASE MERGE WITH TIER 2. Rosalina is no doubt a top tier pick, but that tier 1 now needs to megre with tier 2. There's not a huge gap in viability now. If something isn't done, then we'll be going in a turmoil again where Rosalina ends up mass downvoted and characters get mass upvotes and we end up in a total circle.

---

For now...

+1:4zss:: At least in top 5. As I mentioned before, her nerfs don't actually change her up much. On top of that, she ended up with a couple of indirect buffs, one of which is incredibly useful and will help in specific matchups she previously had a tough time in.

-1:4mewtwo:: A good character, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

+1:4lucina:: Same as before, she needs to be closer if not directly next to Marth. Marth's advantages make him the better pick of the two, but Lucina is still as good/useful.

-1:4littlemac:: Incredible on stage game only dampened by no off stage game or recovery, not to mention in my eyes predictability. I still think his on stage game is A tier, but his off stage game is the worst in the game, and that alone drags him down.

-1:4kirby:: I still don't think he's on the level of DK, Marth etc. There's no doubt he is an above average character though with decent tools; most certainly not a bad character. IMO, should be near where Wario is.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
-1 :4bayonetta:(Ok hear me out. This is more of a counter vote where I think Tier 1 should merge with Tier 2, and since we had people upvote her I had to try)
+1:4corrinf:(I feel like Tier 3 is the high mid, while tier 2 should have like Ryu, Meta Knight, Pika, ETC.
+1 :4sonic:(Like I said for Corrin, Tier 2 should contain the characters we have.
+1:4ryu:(Same as above)
+1:4zelda:(I think Zelda is now a Tier 6 candidate)

Also #RipthePuff

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

VERSON 3.07 STARTING AT PATCH 1.1.5

4::4pikachu::4tlink::4corrin::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4mewtwo::4yoshi::4rob::4peach:
5::4greninja::4myfriends::4luigi::4lucario::4pacman::4dk::4lucas::4miibrawl::4kirby::4marth::4samus:
6::4wario::4bowser::4olimar::4wiifit::4megaman::4gaw::4miigun::4falco::4link::4robinf::4miisword::4littlemac::4feroy::4lucina::4charizard:

:4feroy: -1 I still will not understand what people see in this character. Maybe one day.
:4zelda:-1 Even with her getting 9th at Come to Papa recently, she's definitely not better than most of the characters she's above at the moment. She still suffers from a myriad of flaws and the buffs didn't bandaid fix them.
:4palutena:+1 I've talked multiple times as to why Palutena isn't bottom 5. Don't feel like doing it again.
:4cloud:+1 For him to join Rosa in tier 1.
:4bayonetta:+1 For her to join Rosa in tier 1 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
+ :4ganondorf: - Second worst in the game? With the buffs he got? Nah.
+ :4samus: - I feel that Samus' place is around about there.

- :4pit:

Routa

Smash Lord
Mii fighters are allowed full movesets and sizes
+:4miibrawl:
+:4miigun:
+:4miisword:
+:4ganondorf: Why you may ask. Well I value Doubles meta a lot. Ganondorf is excellent powerhouse to have as partner. He has by far strongest aerial moveset, one of the best punish games, one of the best edgeguarding games etc. I am aware of his flaws, but the fact remains that you have to do much work to get Ganondorf to kill % and then you take 2 hits and boom.
+:4littlemac:Yes you may call me crazy, but I have a question... How do you win him in neutral? I am aware of "Lel just b-throw and gimp nub" argument and I have to say it is the worst reasoning I have ever heard. Also once again I also count doubles meta where Little Mac is a force to be reckoned with.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Doubles, though, is a very different meta from singles -- the tier rankings are very different. It's much better to have two separate lists than to have one which tries to combine both, and in the process fails to accurately represent either (especially when only one or two people are actually taking doubles into account).

Routa

Smash Lord
Doubles, though, is a very different meta from singles -- the tier rankings are very different. It's much better to have two separate lists than to have one which tries to combine both, and in the process fails to accurately represent either (especially when only one or two people are actually taking doubles into account).
This is true indeed, but people there are people voting Miis by their Guest 1111 sets. Also I don't believe Ganondorf and Little Mac should sky rocket to top tier. I believe that they have what it takes to be a little bit higher like couple spots.

D

Deleted member

Call me crazy, but I think Mewtwo is in a good spot. He's better than most of the characters he's ranked above, I'd only put :4greninja:above him but that's it.

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
+:4wario: hahaha why did he move down to t6 again?
+:4drmario: he may be a worse Mario, but he's a worse Mario. Shouldn't really be bottom 10 at all, given that he has made some noise and still possesses some great tools that surpass those around him.
+:4greninja: he's on the uprise, and his worst mu's were made a bit more doable so t4 should be appropriate.
+:4lucina: Marth without the tipper, so a tier difference doesn't really make too much sense.
-:4yoshi: t5 is a more appropriate place for this character.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Mewtwo probably isn't low tier anymore, but it's hard to accept him being in high-mid tier. I mean, look at his buffs:

• Weight: 72 -> 74
  • Run Speed: 1.9 -> 2.05
  • Usmash Total Duration: 73F -> 68F
  • Nair Multihit Hitbox Size: 2.3 -> 3.0
They're great buffs no doubt, especially the speed buff, but it's nothing game changing for him. He was a low/ low mid tier pre-patch, I find it difficult to put him all the way into top 20. Wario, Olimar (both whom are way too low), Lucario, ROB, and Yoshi are just a few off the top of my head that I would put higher than him. Putting him in tier 5 would put him at a solid mid-tier.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Mewtwo probably isn't low tier anymore, but it's hard to accept him being in high-mid tier. I mean, look at his buffs:

• Weight: 72 -> 74
  • Run Speed: 1.9 -> 2.05
  • Usmash Total Duration: 73F -> 68F
  • Nair Multihit Hitbox Size: 2.3 -> 3.0
They're great buffs no doubt, especially the speed buff, but it's nothing game changing for him. He was a low/ low mid tier pre-patch, I find it difficult to put him all the way into top 20. Wario, Olimar (both whom are way too low), Lucario, ROB, and Yoshi are just a few off the top of my head that I would put higher than him. Putting him in tier 5 would put him at a solid mid-tier.
He wasn't low/low-mid pre-patch. Do you forget the December 15th patch? It made Mewtwo's frame data much better. That patch alone put Mewtwo into at least mid-tier. This one only cements Mewtwo's place even more. I definitely think he should stay where he is right now.

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
I guess i'll share some thoughts on the 1.1.5 characters...

+:4bayonetta:: This character is the future. A solid contender for No.1. She isn't comparable to any other character, with her 0-death combos, Witch Time and her abusable Witch Twist and Dive Kick. She almost breaks the game on so many levels. Belongs to the holy trinity of Cloud and Rosalina.
I am very fearful of that day when most Bayonettas can 0-death their opponents on every opening they get.

+:4cloud:: Ya'll know why. Bump to Tier 1.

-:4falco:: This character is all theory and no results. Has a decent combo game, but a very poor neutral that any competent player can easily exploit.

-:4feroy:: I have a weird love-hate relationship with this character. His disadvantage state is so bad it's almost impossible to succeed with him at high-level play. He's a walking identity crisis. He wants to rushdown, but dosen't have the frame data for it. He has good KO power, but no way to utilize it. He's got combos, but those are heavily susceptible to DI. Despite Lucina being a worse Marth, she might be a better Roy.

-:4zelda:: Getting a deadlier u-air is nice, but that still does not make her better than those above her. She has way too many crucial flaws in her whole design and gameplan. Better than Puff now. That's it.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

If anybody has any problems with the font color, just tell me, I can change the font or remove it entirely and make it default.

+1:4duckhunt:I think Duck Hunt is one of the most underrated in the game. He has great projectiles, good aierals, good jab, good dash attack, great traps, and actual COMBOS. People overexaggerate his recovery, smashes disconnecting, and killing problems too much.

-1:4link:There is absoluty no excuse to put Link this high. Use common sense. Link is nowhere near there.

-1:4zelda:Overhyping I see....... as usual after a balance patch. The majorty of her flaws are still there, if not all of them, she's just extremely good at killing now, and her u-air and f-tilt are much better. (Also, I think they purposly made it so that Zelda is the good killer, and Sheik is the good comboer and damage racker.

-1:4samus:She defitenly isn't THAT good.

-1:4peach:She only fits this spot in terms of results. Which she only has at Paragon and Genesis.

Smash Cadet
:4sheik: -1 Nerf greatly weakened her.
:4pikachu: +1 Should never be below tier 3.
:4diddy: -1
:4fox: +1
:4zelda: -1

At this moment, :4bayonetta: :4cloud: and :rosalina: are probably the new top 3 as of this patch.

TheRudeOne

Smash Rookie
+:4corrinf: Corrin despite her nerfs did not change at all and I also do not believe she is worse than Ness or Villager.
Now trust me I know I might be coming off as a person who just up votes their main all the time but that is not the case
I just do not really need to go in depth with this vote.
+:4marth: Alright yeah looking back at it the Zelda up vote was a vote that will cause confusion. The reason why I had up voted her was that I felt like she was fine where she was and I saw too many down votes that would put her in a spot that she was not in. This is the very big problem with the way the tier list is set up too many people will think the same thing. This now looking at it is why explanations are important they show you a more in depth placing of where the person thinks the character is. Now people like Xandercosm helped me realize this. Anyway the reason why I up voted Marth again is because of the reason I stated before he is good now and showing it. This vote may also seem a little biased but I think that Marth is really showing himself to be a high mid tier character.

+:4bayonetta2: Bayonetta is in my opinion better than Rosalina pretty much the only reason why I up voted her.
+:4pikachu:Now Pikachu definitely deserves a spot in tier 3 now I'm just scared that many others will vote for him and make him tier 2 again.
-:4mario:Now this I knew was going to be questioned by many, but I don't think Mario is better than Fox or Sonic. The only reason why I down voted Mario was for this reason. I know that seems sort of unnecessary although I'm still sticking with it. This vote also seemed pretty random although I did not really expect a ton of Mario down votes if that is another reason for controversy. I think Mario is fine if he only gets like 1-2 down votes which is all I remember seeing, excuse me if there is more.

Please note that many things I say are just my opinion and NOT fact I really do not want to argue about something such as an opinion. Yes my thoughts are usually wrong and I am sorry to whoever does not agree. I also know that not giving an explanation really did make these votes seem inaccurate and confusing so I only will and only can blame this confusion on me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom