• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
The tier list looks like a big middle finger with that gigantic tier 5.

+:4yoshi:
+:4falcon:
+:4pit:
+:4tlink:
+:4myfriends:

Let's break up that 5th tier, like half of them should move up to 4.
I'm changing my Ike vote for a + vote for Corrin

+:4corrinf:

I cried tears of sadness on the first day of patch 1.1.5, but after playing her for a while she barely feels different. The most damaging nerf was the damage nerf to her aerials, which is a nuisance but barely affects matchups. The counter nerf was the least important nerf to our meta. It was a nice salt inducer when playing newbies, but it was rarely ever worth it at the risk of getting punished hard for it.

D

Deleted member 269706

+ :4bayonetta: - Top 3 IMO, she dictates the neutral in every MU, playing aggressively against her is very risky. WT is a low risk, high reward type of move. Bullets force almost every character to approach, and ridiculous aerials which can net stocks early, definitely top 3 if not the best.
- :4sheik: - No real kill set-ups anymore, fair and weight nerfs will definitely hurt her in the long run. Though I still think she's top 5 due to her dominating neutral.
+:4kirby: - Sleeper tier character, definitely has hidden potential.
+:4drmario: - Not as bad as people make him out to be, only real weakness is his recovery, but he can play the neutral well and kill early.
+:4zelda: - Buffs definitely help this character out though still a relatively low character, though IMO she is no longer bottom 5.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
+:4charizard: - All the buffs have really benefited Charizard, and I think he's solidly mid-tier now with zero questionability. Now it's only a matter of rep in tournaments, which may also start to rise.

- :4metaknight: - Only slightly, I feel, should Meta Knight slide down the list; because he's still a great character, but now that his most dangerous option is gone, I think he might see less use in majors.

+:4samus: - Samus has recieved a hefty buff as of recently, and so I think we'll start seeing more players using Samus competetively. She has a versatile moveset, and I definitely think her recent buffs have saved her from bottom-tier.

+:4ganondorf: - Ganondorf, too, has recieved a hefty buff thanks to this patch, so I think he might be able to crawl a bit up the rankings. Without customs or a major overhaul, though, I sadly can't see him escaping bottom.

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
+ :4bayonetta2: Eventhough she got nerfed, I think Bayo is the best character now. Combos to death extremely early, god like recovery, good aerials and a kill throw, best counter in the game...
- :4sheik:
-:4zss:
+ :4palutena:
- :4falco:

TheRudeOne

Smash Rookie
+:4corrinf:She got damage nerfs but most of them aloud her to combo easier and her counter is still broken so...
-:4sheik:She is still top 5 i just dont think she is #1-4. Everyone overreacted way to much about her nerfs.
+:4marth:Marth is very good now and already has more success in tournaments than Wario only counting this year. Litterally though the only reason i am not voting wario -1 is because it is a waste.
-:4zss:she got a harder nerf than sheik imo. She is though not out of top 15.
+:4zelda:Has anyone seen these samus, zelda, and charizard buffs? They got BUFFED now i'm not saying they are broken but they definitely are in upper low tier at worst.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
So... now that the new patch is out can I vote again for this round? And if yes, will these votes replace the previous ones?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
+:4corrinf:She got damage nerfs but most of them aloud her to combo easier and her counter is still broken so...
-:4sheik:She is still top 5 i just dont think she is #1-4. Everyone overreacted way to much about her nerfs.
+:4marth:Marth is very good now and already has more success in tournaments than Wario only counting this year. Litterally though the only reason i am not voting wario -1 is because it is a waste.
-:4zss:she got a harder nerf than sheik imo. She is though not out of top 15.
+:4zelda:Has anyone seen these samus, zelda, and charizard buffs? They got BUFFED now i'm not saying they are broken but they definitely are in upper low tier at worst.
Shiek got hit harder than Zamus though...

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
So, if these votes are going to replace my old ones...

+:4charizard:
+:4samus:
+:4mewtwo:
-:4sheik:
-:4pikachu:

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Tbh the nerf had very small impact overall. She is still up there.

Yours. A guy who got beaten by high lvl ZSS yesterday.
I wouldn't say a "very small impact" because she lost her high percent grab kill confirms, a versatile mid-low percentage kill confirm and the ability to punish rolls with grab. However, it didn't damage her gameplan to the extent of say Sheik, not to mention she can kill fine with tools like b-air and n-air conversions at mid-high percents.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say a "very small impact" because she lost her high percent grab kill confirms, a versatile mid-low percentage kill confirm and the ability to punish rolls with grab. However, it didn't damage her gameplan to the extent of say Sheik, not to mention she can kill fine with tools like b-air and n-air conversions at mid-high percents.
Just going to say this now but zss technically didn't lose any kill set ups. Dthrow uair isn't guaranteed anymore at kill percents but is always a 50/50 even with Max rage. The mid to low percent combo you are talking about is I assume Nair to flip kick but that still works just later. I still feel the fact that dthrow uair isn't guaranteed anymore does hurt tho.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Just going to say this now but zss technically didn't lose any kill set ups. Dthrow uair isn't guaranteed anymore at kill percents but is always a 50/50 even with Max rage. The mid to low percent combo you are talking about is I assume Nair to flip kick but that still works just later. I still feel the fact that dthrow uair isn't guaranteed anymore does hurt tho.
N-air flip kick spike doesn't work anymore iirc, but n-air flip kick is still fine. It kinda still hurts us though since we can't kill at like 40% from a rouge n-air.

I guess the 50/50 is alright for d-throw u-air but as you said, it does hurt us now that it isn't guaranteed.

Tikku

Smash Rookie
1+ :4charizard: Charizard is so much better after the patch. Mid-tier definitely :3
-1 :4cloud2: He got nerfed
-1 :4duckhunt:DHD got some changes but sadly they don't help him
+ 1 :4kirby: Kirby is really good
-1 :4corrin:Corrin got nerfed

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
+1 :4cloud2: Despite nerfs, the other top tiers nerfs were more noticeable, putting him on a even better position. Cloud stands on 1st of winning results on tournaments since January 2016
+1:4rob: This character is really underrated, and without question deserves a better spot, beyond even :4pikachu:. Also, R.O.B is one of the characters who won most tournaments since January 2016.
-1:4pikachu: Overrated and isnt keeping the pace anymore, also it has low support on competitive scene.
-1:4sheik: Took the biggest hit on 1.1.5 pach, but still a killer machine.
+1:4darkpit: he has fairly good results on tournaments, its a very solid character with balanced stats, difficult to be gimped and good tools.

David Viran

Smash Lord
N-air flip kick spike doesn't work anymore iirc, but n-air flip kick is still fine. It kinda still hurts us though since we can't kill at like 40% from a rouge n-air.

I guess the 50/50 is alright for d-throw u-air but as you said, it does hurt us now that it isn't guaranteed.
Nair flip kick spike does still work just later. Nair got 2% damage reduction (and the hitbox changes but that doesn't matter in this context) so the kb is the same just less overall. People are just still not used to the new percents on a lot of combos yet.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Never thought I'd see so many +:4zelda: for one voting session here in my life...

Anyway, here are mine:
+1 :4kirby:
+1 :4lucina:
+1 :4luigi:
-1 :4miigun:
-1 :4miisword:

Smash Cadet
Well, looks like :4sheik: and :4pikachu: are the biggest losers this time after placing so highly on the first two community voted tier lists.

Last edited:

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
+:4kirby:
+:4ganondorf:
+:4pikachu:
+:4sheik:
-(:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2:)

2 Sleepers, 2 still very good characters, and Bayonetta is probably gonna go too high if someone doesn't add negative votes.
Just out of curiosity, who do you think is better than Bayonetta?

D

Deleted member

I'm going to wait until next voting period to do my new votes.

Just so you all know though a person named Purple Guy is using :4zelda: solo and is in top 16 winners bracket at Come to Papa, a regional with 200+ entrants with many top players in attendance. He ended up 2-0'ing Ryo.

The age of BAN•ZELDA is upon us, boys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
Now that I FINALLY remembered to vote here, Robin didn't have enough changes recently to justify +1ing him. Sigh. Oh well, might as well go on with my votes anyway.

:4cloud2:+1, because of the beast he still is. The small increase in the limit gauge's loading time couldn't possibly sweep away the amount of sheer brute force he's got for him.

:4marth::4lucina:+1, because the last updates definitely served them well, and you can actually feel like they're worth paying attention to now. (Way to go, girls. ...Oops.)

:4kirby:+1, because I've been heavily surprised by his buffs during recent matches. And by heavily surprised, I obviously mean "THWOMPED TO DEATH". Caution.

:4zelda:+1, because she's definitely a big winner of the latest patch. One of my housemates is a Zelda main, and the change feels... IS real. Also she's become quite sadistic. (The housemate, not Zelda. Or both.)

Haven't used nor played against Samus enough yet, so my patch winner +1 goes to Zelda. Also, Bayonetta won't get a +1 this time because of her frame drops which, believe it or not, definitely make her more killable, especially as a missed-counter-punishment. And I won't give any -1 for now, as Sheik and ZSS definitely didn't lose enough of their abilities to justify treating them as nothing less than goddesses.

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
If you people think Shiek is still top 5 then stop voting her down when she's already going down. :facepalm:

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
-1 (Counter-Vote) :4kirby:
As much as I am happy for these buffs Kirby had received through the recent patches, I highly doubt they warrant him to go up by a large amount in the tier list. Kirby still has the annoying weakness of a poor neutral, even with a buff to his mobility in 1.1.4, and in general most of the buffs he had were to kill just a little bit easier rather than giving him a buff to what he needed. Not only that, there is a general lack of high-level representation that our favorite pink pal has. Sorry for this, but it's the truth.

+1 :4mewtwo:
Mewtwo has definitely risen up after these patches, not to mentioned the increased representation. For once I feel as if this Legendary Pokemon is finally deserving of the Legendary title, especially in terms of how balanced he is now.

-1 :4fox:
This is a bit self-biased despite the fact I actually play Fox a lot, and consider him as one of my best characters.
You see, Smash 4 is within a meta where characters have to rely on combos in order to not only rack up damage, but in general kill. Out of all of these 50+ characters in Smash 4, Fox has potentially some of the worst survivability in the entire game, due to a light weight that lets him easily die in lower percentages, an extremely fast falling speed which lets him be combo'd insanely easy, and predictable recovery which leads him getting gimped fairly often if off-stage. Whilst I can agree Fox does have a good neutral with his speed, and can rack up damage rather easily when situations arise, Fox himself lacks rather reliable kill moves/setups, which is annoying considering the aforementioned terrible survivability. He's still a good character, no doubt, but I just don't see him in 10th, where he currently is now.

+1 (Counter-Vote):4pikachu:
Pikachu is in a bit is a weird case when it comes to his position in the tier list.
Potential wise, he's undoubtedly a good character, but I actually theorise he's undergoing a case of 'Hungrybox Syndrome', where his representation only hinges on few players, despite his potential, but within a case worse than Jigglypuff in Melee, where the only real player who notably uses this adorable electrified rat is ESAM, who ends up using other characters well who are in even worse situations anyways, such as Samus.
Even with this, Pikachu shouldn't really be going down that heavily. He still has one of the hardest to punish moves in the game, decent combos and projectiling, and excellent recovery. Pikachu just needs a bit more love.

Top Bottom