• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

The next phase is a quick one, only about 1-2 days

Vote purely on how many tiers you think there should be on a final list, and vote for ONE character you think should move up or down. This is to fix the biggest issues in the list before we organise characters in their tiers.

For example, I think there should be 4 tiers, and I think :4mewtwo: should go up one.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Okay, so I'm kinda confused about this. But if we're doing the same thing as last time, here you go

1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu::rosalina:

2::4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness: :4diddy::4yoshi:

3::4myfriends::4ryu: :4falcon: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4wario: :4pacman: :4peach: :4dk::4luigi::4pit:/:4darkpit::4olimar::4rob:

4::4lucas: :4lucario: :4greninja: :4falco: :4megaman:

5::4feroy::4wiifitm: :4marth: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4tlink: :4duckhunt: :4bowserjr: :4shulk:

6::4charizard: :4lucina: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4link: :4gaw: :4miibrawl: :4jigglypuff: :4bowser: :4dedede:

7: :4palutena: :4samus: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4mewtwo: :4zelda: :4miigun:

+1:4jigglypuff:

Browny Browny how many characters will we let move up or down a tier?

Browny

Smash Hater
No, just vote how many tiers you think there should be,

so your answer is 7
and Jpuff +1 no need to quote the whole list.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Am I seeing things or is :4myfriends:legitimately in tier 2 right now? If he is, -1 :4myfriends:, if not, then I'm sorry for misunderstanding the list.
I vote for 8 tiers.

Routa

Smash Lord
5 tiers and +1 :4tlink:

Ike is really good but his disadvantage state is too bad for a tier 2 member. I would say he is in tier 3 in 7 tier system.
*sees Marth and Roy both very low* ...Wat?

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Am I seeing things? Ike in tier 2?

Like I was about to celebrate, as Samus is finally out of the bottom tier, but this?

I will post my vote later on, when I have thought about it.

Also, my own personal list has 7 tiers, but there are FAR too many characters in tier 5, some of which deserve to be in tier 4, such as Roy, Wii Fit and Marth.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I do generally agree with this list, but there are a few glaring things (Ike, an far too many in tier 5 IMO), so if I was to edit it myself, it would look like this... (Characters moved are not placed specifically in tiers)

2::4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness: :4diddy::4yoshi: :4ryu:

3::4falcon: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4wario: :4pacman: :4peach: (:4pit::4darkpit:) :4rob: :4luigi:

4::4dk: :4olimar: :4lucas: :4lucario: :4greninja: :4falco: :4megaman: :4feroy::4wiifitm::4marth::4myfriends::4tlink:

5: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4duckhunt: :4bowserjr: :4shulk: :4charizard: :4lucina: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4link: :4gaw:

6::4miibrawl: :4jigglypuff: :4bowser: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4samus:

7: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4mewtwo: :4zelda: :4miigun:

I moved Ike down 2 tiers and DK down 1. Ryu, Roy, Wii Fit, Marth, Toon Link, Pit(s), Luigi and R.O.B. all up 1. This isn't my vote on who I think should move, but it expresses most of my opinions on this current list.
For reference, the original is below.

2::4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness: :4diddy::4yoshi: :4myfriends:

3::4ryu: :4falcon: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4wario: :4pacman: :4peach: :4dk:

4: :4luigi: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4olimar: :4rob: :4lucas: :4lucario: :4greninja: :4falco: :4megaman:

5::4feroy::4wiifitm: :4marth: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4tlink: :4duckhunt: :4bowserjr: :4shulk: :4charizard: :4lucina: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4link: :4gaw:

6::4miibrawl: :4jigglypuff: :4bowser: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4samus:

7::4miisword::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4zelda::4miigun:

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
7 tiers seems fine but I feel like there's too many characters in tier 5.
:4myfriends:-1
He's a solid character when played right but I think tier 2 is a bit too high.

Number Three

Smash Cadet
My personal tier list has 6 tiers:
S - Zanza
A - Top
B - High
C - Mid
D - Low
E - Bottom
So, 6

:4shulk: +1 - He's better than a handful of characters above him (I'm looking at you Robin).

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
7 tiers seems fine but I feel like there's too many characters in tier 5.
:4myfriends:-1
He's a solid character when played right but I think tier 2 is a bit too high.
I agree for sure. I think he only got there because he was upvoted so much last time. He's definitely not better than the likes of :4metaknight:, :4villager:, and :4pacman:.

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
Tier List with :4marth: a whole tier above :4lucina:.
Didn't you just argue on the previous page that the tipper on Marth's blade doesn't put him a whole tier above Lucina?

Anyway, I would say either 6 or 7 tiers, and I vote -:4wiifit: BTW, how many votes are needed to move a character up? I ask this because :4ganondorf: got 5 votes last voting period but he remained on the same tier, unless there was a now non-existent 8th tier where Ganon was placed?

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
8 and :4kirby: -1

I'm happy Kirby isn't top 30 anymore, I'm ok with his placement but Im cohnter voting so he doesn't go up.

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
6 tiers
-1:4myfriends:

Also Luigi is now in mid tier, lol.

Tier 5 being big isn't a huge deal imo, lots of characters are in that range.

So if this current tier list lost a tier and Mewtwo moved up a tier, would he go to tier 5? And the current tier 6 would be in tier 5 with Mewtwo?
What about tier 2? Would they stay the same, or since the other tiers are moving up would they move to tier 1? This doesn't make sense to me at all.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
6 Tiers, we can probably just combine the bottom two tiers, the difference between those characters in minimal.

+:4ganondorf: I still think he's low tier, but bottom tier? I don't think people appreciate how strong his attacks are, he hits like a truck.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Looking back on Brawl, it has 7 tiers (not including + or - subtiers) and it only had 37 characters. For a game with 55 characters I think only 7 tiers would make some tiers much too crowded. Thus my vote goes to having 8 tiers.

Since I think people have the Ike problem covered I'm going to be consistent and vote

-1:4robinf:

I've said from the start that I don't think she deserves to be this high. She hasn't moved so I'll keep doing my thing.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
No, just vote how many tiers you think there should be,

so your answer is 7
and Jpuff +1 no need to quote the whole list.
Oh okay. But that still doesn't answer my initial question. How many characters will you let move tiers? I guess it's just one. But will you let more than 1 or not? And if more, Than how many? Thanks

Browny

Smash Hater
It depends on what happens.

I generally only move characters if there is a large consensus. I think we can expect that Ike is going to go down, but lets say like, 45 characters end up with +/-1 votes and 9 end up on +/-6 votes, itll be clear those ones will move. If there is only say, 2 characters which end up with a lot of votes, then only they will move. I don't know what will happen, but whatever does it is only characters that are unanimously agreed to move, which will end up moving.

Last edited:

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
I feel Luigi is still top 10 or even top 7 maybe even still top 5. He is still a great character. I also feel mewtwo is way worse than people think. Also I feel that Ike should be moved up with all the buffs he's been getting.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I vote 8 tiers, tier 5 is looking pretty crowded right now.
-1:4myfriends:. Seriously guys, tier 2? This has got to be a joke. Tier 4 is where he belongs, maybe bottom of tier 3 if you're being generous :laugh:

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
It depends on what happens.

I generally only move characters if there is a large consensus. I think we can expect that Ike is going to go down, but lets say like, 45 characters end up with +/-1 votes and 9 end up on +/-6 votes, itll be clear those ones will move. If there is only say, 2 characters which end up with a lot of votes, then only they will move. I don't know what will happen, but whatever does it is only characters that are unanimously agreed to move, which will end up moving.
You should get rid of the part that says that we can vote for 5 characters, just to avoid the confusion that keeps happening every now and then.

Last edited:

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
We can probably combine tier 6 and 7 together, so I'll vote for 6.

:4gaw:+1 Definitely an improvement from the last list, but I believe his proper home is being in tier 4

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I vote for 8 tiers.

1: The best no questions asked
2: top tier
3. high tier
4. Best of mid tier
5. Middle of mid tier
6. worst of mid tier
7. low tier